X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Well folks, the first "real" college basketball games take place Monday night

You too can tune into ESPNU at 7pm ET/4pm PT tomorrow night and watch Tennessee-Martin get obliterated at Memphis. The only noteworthy thing about this game is that it will mark the collegiate debut of Memphis point guard Derrick Rose, who many feel will be the top pick in next year's NBA draft. The game kicks off the 2K Sports Classic, and there will be several more games from that tournament later on in the week. Those wanting to check out UConn will have a chance to do so on Wednesday evening. You can see what's on TV this week by checking out the web site below. The college basketball season begins in earnest on Friday night:

BTW....I don't like the college basketball season starting this early. I think these teams should be allowed a full month of practice before they start playing real games. But if they are going to start the season early, why can't they give TV viewers some good games instead of these ridiculous early season tournaments like the 2K Sports Classic which consist of one blow out after the next in the early rounds. All the promoters are doing is setting up matchups that will ensure that teams like Memphis and UConn will be in NYC a week and a half from now........
    Last edited by CDC84; 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM.
  • deathchina
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2007

I'm gonna tune in. Rose is fun to watch. He drops that occasional "WOW!" moment.

Comment

• maineblackbear
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

i think the very very first game of the year is Maine versus Richmond in the same (Coaches v. Cancer) tourney (4pm eastern).... Would love to see the mother of upsets, but I think Maine will also lose to Martin in the consolation; it is a rebuilding year in Orono (on the ice, too- and on the gridiron).

mbb

Comment

• ZagSlug
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

What is this ESPNU thing you speak of?

Hard to believe that Comcast has been dragging this out for years.
        sigpic
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...
        X