PDA

View Full Version : Online TV Package?

hoopster777
11-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Is there any site that would show all the zags games online this year? I go to school in Colorado and can only see the nationally televised games but just wondering if anyone knows of anything out there.

gozagswoohoo
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the board hoopster777!

Allow myself to introduce....myself. I am woohoo, aka WooFreakinHoo.

I'm pretty much the most skilled typist in this forum. I can type close to 150 words per minute. And those aren't small words my friend, no no, they are words like "scholastic", "apprehensive", and "coherant". Some of the slower typists on the board are LIZF, former1, and Rub. So stear clear of them if you are in a hurry to get some posts answered. Take care.

HOOTER
11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
What woohoo forgot to mention is that he has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.

ZagNative
11-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I have not laughed that hard, Woohoo, since ... well, since your last post.

People, GUBoard members, can we not put someone in charge of WooHoo, to keep him from racing to the front door every time the doorbell rings? Geez! If he were a real bulldog, you know he'd have his wet nose .... never mind. I don't want to give him any ideas for some borderline obscene post.

Welcome, Hoopster777. Consider yourself christened by the Board's resident barely paper-trained bulldog.

edited to add: I'm sorry, Hoopster. I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe when the grownups show up on the Board tomorrow morning, you'll get a more helpful answer.

bayzag09
11-04-2007, 05:19 PM
No one answered the poor guy's question

brasszag
11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
And to answer the question asked - the media cartels have decreed that games shall not be made available online in any semblance of an authorized format.

Because it would be very, VERY difficult to film the games and sell them through some sort of online downloadable media location... if there was only such a thing as a video store available - maybe through a popular cross-platform media player. You know who should make one? A company that makes a really popular hand-held music/video player. I'm sure it would be very difficult to put together a pay structure and set it all up.

If only they knew where there was a market whereby people PAY for VIDEO... I'd TUNES in to that.

gozagswoohoo
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
People, GUBoard members, can we not put someone in charge of WooHoo, to keep him from racing to the front door every time the doorbell rings? Geez! If he were a real bulldog, you know he'd have his wet nose .... never mind. I don't want to give him any ideas for some borderline obscene post.
Welcome, Hoopster777. Consider yourself christened by the Board's resident barely paper-trained bulldog.
Maybe when the grownups show up on the Board tomorrow morning, you'll get a more helpful answer.

:confused:

Not sure if I'm suppost to laugh and take this as a compliment, or take it as a joke... :-(

ps- Though I have only 450 posts, I have been around quite some time... ;-)

ZagNative
11-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Woohoo! I am prostrate with grief if you don't take that as a joke, for I am your biggest fan! Quite sensitive, you are, as it turns out ...:confused:

gonzagulous
11-05-2007, 04:49 AM
What I usually do if there's a game I can't get on TV is listen to it on internet radio - all the games are on 1510 KGA, and you can always listen to them online.

http://www.1510kga.com/

PS - 100th post! Woo hoo!

brasszag
11-05-2007, 06:24 AM
What I usually do if there's a game I can't get on TV is listen to it on internet radio - all the games are on 1510 KGA, and you can always listen to them online.

Yeah - I live and die by KGA, but there's nothing as frustrating as hearing Hudson call a play that you KNOW was awesome, and you can't see it...

JoeZag
11-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Hoopster,
I live in Colorado too and I think I only missed one Zag game last year. Just get DirecTV with the Sports Package so that you can get Fox Sports NW and you are set. Make sure that you get the DirecTV package that includes ESPNU because many Zag games will be on that station this year. The sports package is great because you get all of the regional Fox networks and you can watch hoops from around the country. Good luck! Go Zags!

Birddog
11-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Just get DirecTV with the Sports Package so that you can get Fox Sports NW and you are set. Make sure that you get the DirecTV package that includes ESPNU because many Zag games will be on that station this year

Or find a friendly watering hole that does the same. Might cost almost as much though after figuring in some brewskis.

Birddog

gozagswoohoo
11-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Woohoo! I am prostrate with grief if you don't take that as a joke, for I am your biggest fan! Quite sensitive, you are, as it turns out ...:confused:

I will be the first to admit that I am often sensitive and take things to heart way to much...oops on me! :D

Nevtelen
11-05-2007, 06:52 AM

If I remember from last year, some games were on there and some were blacked out because of the internet audio-pay thing through CSTV or whatever it is. Anyway, that might have changed, but it happened to me for at least one game I couldn't catch last year.

And as far as TV goes - there will be 3 games on Fox College Sports Pacific. As far as I can tell, they won't be on any FSN network. And you can't get FCS channels on satelite (*sigh*). Soooo... it gets complicated.

hoopster777
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
i guess i'm "technically" new to this board but I was a regular on the old scout.com board.

joe zag,

unfortunately i cant get directv this year, but do you know of any bars or sporting places in the boulder (or denver) area that would regularly show these games? last year i was abroad for the year and missed out on EVERY zag game, as hard as it was to be away from the zags I was distracted enough to not have continually concern myself, but now that i am back in the US i think i'll go nuts if i miss 70% of the zags.

Birddog
11-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Hoopster, it's pretty simple really. Either call or make a personal appearance and ask the friendly staff behind the bar (the ones who control the TVs) if they have the full pkg of Dish or DirecTV including all the Fox regionals. Any "real" sports bar will have it. Then express your interest in Zag BB and ask if it's possible to put the Zag games on. I advise you to go in early for a game and be prepared to tell the staff which Dish or DirecTV channel the game is on. That info can be obtained here as well as other places. The more screens the place has, the better your chances of securing one for the Zag games.

Good luck,

Birddog

jbollaert
11-06-2007, 05:58 AM
I'm from Illinois and I just ordered the Fox College Sports Channel ($3.95 ) through cable. You get all the Fox channels including Pacific as well as ESPNU. Should be able to get all the games.

Birddog
11-06-2007, 06:22 AM
I just ordered the Fox College Sports Channel ($3.95 ) through cable. You get all the Fox channels including Pacific as well as ESPNU. Should be able to get all the games.

I hope you did your homework. What a Cable co describes as "all the Fox sports channels" is not the same as the Sat cos. If all the games are on Fox Sports Pacific you'll probably be OK. There are about 20 (or more) sub-regional Fox channels, I believe the Cable co uses the larger regionals like "Pacific" which may or may not include what you want.

Birddog

JoeZag
11-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Hoopster,
I'm in the Springs so I am not all that familiar with the sports bars in Boulder but I do know that they have a good number of them. Birddog offers a great suggestion and I would do some pre-research if I were you to see what satellite channel the games are on that day. You can find out by searching the channel guide at DirecTV. Most of the games are on Fox Northwest, which I believe is channel 651 or 652 on DirecTV. I am sure that DishNetwork also has a channel guide that you can search so that you can tell the barkeep what channel you want for either company. Good Luck! Go Zags!

jbollaert
11-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Last year I got all the games through the cable Fox College Sports package. Hopefully nothing has drastically changed.