• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LTownZag
    Banned
    • Mar 2017

Our Record - next 6 games

The next 6 games (ignoring home against ND state and assuming a win) make up the heart and bonafides of the GU out of conference schedule.
    With Tillie playing, I think probabilities would have had us winning between 4 and 5 of those games.

Without Tillie, I think winning 3-4 of them is more realistic, and should be minimum to not lose a seed line or two come march.

4 wins would be great, and 5 wins in the next 6 games would be phenomenal, especially if the 1 loss is to #1 Duke on a neutral court.

It's obviously possible that we could win 6 or lose 6, but I think we should plan for 3 wins, hope for 4, and be very very happy with 5, keeping the long season and our injury/new parts in perspective.

Go Zags!
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

Not satisfied with five, even if six is dicey

At home vs UW and ND State, favored and easy. Saw Creighton once; not impressed, even if they were missing a starter. Tennessee at Phoenix not that scary; we’ve played well there, they haven’t. Plus, they may develop into a top team,but they’re not there now. That leaves Maui — first two rounds, no-brained wins. Duke: travelled nearly 8,000 miles and an extra time zone, and they do not like to travel. Fabulous recruiting class includes four starting freshmen who have only played four games together. GU has never beaten Duke, but Maui is Zags’ chance. If we meet again at the end of the season, God help us. We’ll need it!

6-0. But then comes Chapel Hill.

Go Zags! Hate not being there; booked In April plus 4 nights Oahu. Fell, fractured leg, hoped it would heal in time. Didn’t, so I’m losing $10-15 K not to be there. Mostly non-refundable and non-transferable. A painful cautionary note. Airlines somewhat helpful. Hotels, nada, attitude and will resell for additional profits. Asked what would have happened if my plane had crashed landing in Hawaii. Told, “same result; insufficient notice.”

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
      At home vs UW and ND State, favored and easy. Saw Creighton once; not impressed, even if they were missing a starter. Tennessee at Phoenix not that scary; we’ve played well there, they haven’t. Plus, they may develop into a top team,but they’re not there now. That leaves Maui — first two rounds, no-brained wins. Duke: travelled nearly 8,000 miles and an extra time zone, and they do not like to travel. Fabulous recruiting class includes four starting freshmen who have only played four games together. GU has never beaten Duke, but Maui is Zags’ chance. If we meet again at the end of the season, God help us. We’ll need it!

6-0. But then comes Chapel Hill.

Go Zags! Hate not being there; booked In April plus 4 nights Oahu. Fell, fractured leg, hoped it would heal in time. Didn’t, so I’m losing $10-15 K not to be there. Mostly non-refundable and non-transferable. A painful cautionary note. Airlines somewhat helpful. Hotels, nada, attitude and will resell for additional profits. Asked what would have happened if my plane had crashed landing in Hawaii. Told, “same result; insufficient notice.”
      So very sorry to hear of your injury.

Be well.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X