PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lute Olson taking leave of absence

Radbooks
11-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Found this at ESPN just now:

Arizona men's basketball coach Lute Olson will take a leave of absence to tend to what he called a personal matter.

Olson's public relations firm released a statement saying the 73-year-old Hall of Fame coach was not facing a health issue.

"For the past 25 years, I have always given 110 percent to the team and this job," Olson said in the statement. "In light of this personal matter, I feel it's in the best interests of the team and university to take a leave of absence.

"It isn't a health scare but rather a personal matter that needs my undivided attention."

There will be a press conference at 3:30. What a strange time to step away! Kevin O'Neill will step in for now.

Here's the link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3094359) to the rest of the story.

ZagNative
11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I hope all works out well for Lute ... ZaggyStardust will be worried. :confused:

MDABE80
11-04-2007, 12:51 PM
They're on FSN on DirTV (649) at 1:30 playing Concordia. Lute will be ok. He's always seemed like a crafty guy but he's a man of character.

ZaggyStardust
11-04-2007, 01:44 PM
I hope all works out well for Lute ... ZaggyStardust will be worried. :confused:

Thanks ZN - yes, a bit concerned....But so far the Cats are lookin Good!

AND Did I mention how much I LOVE Jerryd Bayless!

Pallet
11-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Found this at ESPN just now:

Olson's public relations firm released a statement saying the 73-year-old Hall of Fame coach was not facing a health issue.

He has a public relations firm on retainer?