PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call and Pre-Game Social------Creighton game Omaha, NE

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Hey friends. Anybody gonna be in Omaha? I'll be there with Woohoo Jr (and hopefully Mrs. Woohoo, which will probably mean a handful of you will try to make the drive from Spokane, lol).

I know of at least 6 other big zags fans (and friends of mine) who will be making the trek. I know there's not an official alumni get-together, but I'd like to see if anybody has any info on anything planned as of now? Or we can plan one ourselves....??

TimboZag
11-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Hey WooHoo!

As of today, I will be attending along with some of my cousins from Fargo, ND. We would love to meet up beforehand somewhere. Keep us posted as to time and location.

Thanks and Go Zags!

LeightonZag
11-07-2018, 03:59 PM
Hey woohoo, I'll be there. Would love to meet up. Agree with Timbo, keep us posted.

MDABE80
11-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Yes. Me and Mrs Abe will there!

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2018, 04:56 PM
AWESOME!!

Here I was thinking it would be tough to get a group together!

Yes, let’s all stay in touch, and stay tuned to this thread. I’ll start looking into a convenient place to have a little pregame pow wow!

raise the zag
11-07-2018, 05:07 PM
How are Zag fans securing tickets for the game?

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2018, 05:27 PM

Iíve just been monitoring StubHub.com. I actually havenít even purchased them yet though. I was waiting for lower bowl to go on sale, which finally happened 3-4 days ago. Guess I should buy some soon, lol.

TimberZag
11-07-2018, 06:45 PM
I will be there with my husband and 2 kiddos. Let us know :)

TimberZag
11-07-2018, 06:49 PM

I first tried to buy them thru Ticketmaster, counted down til 10:00 the morning they went on sale, watched them all disappear before my eyes in a matter of 30 seconds. Reluctantly went over to bestseatsfast.com and bought 4 tickets at over double the price 5 minutes later.

gozagswoohoo
11-08-2018, 11:40 AM
I don't guess anyone just HAPPENS to be familiar with the area around Chi Health Center? We need a good spot for our pre-game meetup! Preferably within walking distance to the area!!

Let me know if you've got any ideas or info!

LeightonZag
11-08-2018, 02:53 PM
I'm from Lincoln so I know the area pretty well. There are a lot of good bars/eats in the near vicinity. The old mattress factory is always a good time and a riot before games. Ill do some digging with my omaha friends and get back to everybody.

gozagswoohoo
11-08-2018, 09:39 PM
I'm from Lincoln so I know the area pretty well. There are a lot of good bars/eats in the near vicinity. The old mattress factory is always a good time and a riot before games. Ill do some digging with my omaha friends and get back to everybody.

Perfect, thanks.

The Old Mattress Factory has come up a few times when I’ve asked people for suggestions. Wherever we go, we’ll need them to be willing to give us either a back room, or at least section off a decent number of tables in the corner/back!

Birddog
11-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Not the question asked, but if you want a great steak while in Omaha, try Omaha Prime. It's been 15 years since I've been there and I can still remember the Steak. It's about 6 blocks from the arena.

gozagswoohoo
11-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Not the question asked, but if you want a great steak while in Omaha, try Omaha Prime. It's been 15 years since I've been there and I can still remember the Steak. It's about 6 blocks from the arena.

I'll try to check it out! Thanks. A friend of mine also suggested Stella's for a burger. Heard of that one?

LeightonZag
11-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah. Stella's is delicious

willandi
11-14-2018, 07:19 AM
Bump to get it back on the first page!

Snowkane
11-14-2018, 07:35 AM
I purchased tickets to the Creighton game on stubhub last night. Upper bowl tickets, but I paid $55 a seat (not including all those ridiculous fees!!). Lower bowl tickets on Stub Hub are pricey... I saw some for $299-400 per seat.

Anyways, very excited about this game because it is a FIRST ZAG GAME for my wife and my two sons (age 4 and 2).

GO ZAGS! Check Stubhub as the prices have come down.

Snowkane
11-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Bump to get it back on the first page!

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even notice this thread! Excited to see the Zags play in the Midwest!

Whalers86
11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Hey friends. Anybody gonna be in Omaha? I'll be there with Woohoo Jr (and hopefully Mrs. Woohoo, which will probably mean a handful of you will try to make the drive from Spokane, lol).

I know of at least 6 other big zags fans (and friends of mine) who will be making the trek. I know there's not an official alumni get-together, but I'd like to see if anybody has any info on anything planned as of now? Or we can plan one ourselves....??

As LeightonZag mentioned, it looks like the Old Mattress Factory will be the place for pre-game. My daughter is a Zag grad, attends grad school at Creighton and is the point-person for the small-but-growing Omaha Gonzaga Alumni Chapter. She knows of 20+ coming including my wife and I flying in from Denver...

gozagswoohoo
11-14-2018, 10:48 AM
As LeightonZag mentioned, it looks like the Old Mattress Factory will be the place for pre-game. My daughter is a Zag grad, attends grad school at Creighton and is the point-person for the small-but-growing Omaha Gonzaga Alumni Chapter. She knows of 20+ coming including my wife and I flying in from Denver...

I spoke to a manager at the Old Mattress Factory last night, and she said we can 'have' the back room!!! So, pending one other confirmation I need from someone on another matter, we're going to make the Old Mattress Factory the official spot!!

PS- Thanks for the bump willandi.

PSS- Snowkane, AWESOME!!! How fun...

TexasZagFan
11-14-2018, 04:15 PM
I spoke to a manager at the Old Mattress Factory last night, and she said we can 'have' the back room!!! So, pending one other confirmation I need from someone on another matter, we're going to make the Old Mattress Factory the official spot!!

You can add 4 to the group, I'll know for sure tonight.

raise the zag
11-15-2018, 05:49 PM

Just rec my tix today.

Count me me in +1.

Zag fans gotta stick together on the road, so look fwd to seeing you all there!

gozagswoohoo
11-15-2018, 06:32 PM
Hereís the official info! Just got done talking to the event coordinator at The Old Mattress Factory, and she has our group down for a room in the back of the establishment (holds at least 50) from 11:00-12:30 on game day, December 1st!! Iím going to get there a little bit early and decorate just a little bit with some of the flags and whatnot Iím bringing from home. Hereís the address-

PS- Children/minors are welcome!!!

Address is:
The Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill
501 North 13th Street
Omaha, NE 68102

Hope to see everyone there. Iíll be in my navy blue ĎAmmoí jersey.
GO ZAGS!!

katman50
11-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Here’s the official info! Just got done talking to the event coordinator at The Old Mattress Factory, and she has our group down for a room in the back of the establishment (holds at least 50) from 11:00-12:30 on game day, December 1st!! I’m going to get there a little bit early and decorate just a little bit with some of the flags and whatnot I’m bringing from home. Here’s the address-

PS- Children/minors are welcome!!!

Address is:
The Old Mattress Factory Bar & Grill
501 North 13th Street
Omaha, NE 68102

Hope to see everyone there. I’ll be in my navy blue ‘Ammo’ jersey.
GO ZAGS!!

I am extremely envious. Wish I could make it. I love the state of Nebraska and have always liked Creighton.

katman50
11-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Would it be difficult to get one ticket the day of the game or the day before? Are many tickets available?

raise the zag
11-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Would it be difficult to get one ticket the day of the game or the day before? Are many tickets available?

I believe quite a few are still available. Mostly open market as I emailed both Creighton and Gonzaga ticket offices.

I found mine Monday via Omaha Craigslist ad, season ticket holder (did not share w/him I was a Zag fan, & he didn't ask).

2 lower bowl, Row 14, $80 a piece, no taxes/fees. Already have them in hand. They can email, ship, or meet you in person.

Check Vivid Seats, Stub Hub, Seat Geek as well. All of them have different tix at different prices.

I almost always use Craigslist but I realize some aren't comfortable with these types of transactions, but saved me $60 in fees, and secured at face value.

katman50
11-15-2018, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info. Good hit for you.

omahazag
11-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Mattress factory - Good pick. Block from stadium. My fam is flying in and may stop by to see zag family if time permits - lot of stops beforehand

TexasZagFan
11-18-2018, 08:34 AM
I believe quite a few are still available. Mostly open market as I emailed both Creighton and Gonzaga ticket offices.

I found mine Monday via Omaha Craigslist ad, season ticket holder (did not share w/him I was a Zag fan, & he didn't ask).

2 lower bowl, Row 14, $80 a piece, no taxes/fees. Already have them in hand. They can email, ship, or meet you in person.

Check Vivid Seats, Stub Hub, Seat Geek as well. All of them have different tix at different prices.

I almost always use Craigslist but I realize some aren't comfortable with these types of transactions, but saved me $60 in fees, and secured at face value.

I think I'm going to hold out a few more days. Tickets haven't moved on Vivid, and prices are drifting down...though not as much as for the Montana-Creighton game on 11/28. :lmao:

Hey woohoo, put the four of us down for the pregame on Saturday!

These pics should help for identification purposes:

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1820_zpsdsuagrfq.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1820_zpsdsuagrfq.jpg.html)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1745_zpswbihzq6l.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1745_zpswbihzq6l.jpg.html)

gozagswoohoo
11-18-2018, 10:05 PM
I think I'm going to hold out a few more days. Tickets haven't moved on Vivid, and prices are drifting down...though not as much as for the Montana-Creighton game on 11/28. :lmao:

Hey woohoo, put the four of us down for the pregame on Saturday!

These pics should help for identification purposes:

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1820_zpsdsuagrfq.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1820_zpsdsuagrfq.jpg.html)

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1745_zpswbihzq6l.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1745_zpswbihzq6l.jpg.html)

Fantastic. Awesome pics, by the way!

That little man was the one who got to go out on the court last year in Nashville, right? Am I remembering that correctly?

TexasZagFan
11-19-2018, 07:01 AM
Fantastic. Awesome pics, by the way!

That little man was the one who got to go out on the court last year in Nashville, right? Am I remembering that correctly?

Yup, that's "Big D"! lol

gozagswoohoo
11-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Check out what just arrived! I had a bunch of these made up so Woohoo Jr. and I can hand them out to zags fans at the pre-game social!! (and in the arena, if we have some left)

https://i.imgur.com/PSe8QcJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fVk3cV5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WxoSI07.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OMuXsMu.jpg

Zagceo
11-19-2018, 01:21 PM
NICE JOB!

gozagswoohoo
11-26-2018, 08:46 AM
BUMP and reminder

The Old Mattress Factory
501 N 13th St
Omaha, NE 68102
Phone number of this establishment, in case you would need it- (402) 346-9116

Pre-game Social will be from 11:00-12:30. I should be there by 10:30.

Hope to see GU represent!!

PS- Kids/minors are welcome.

Birddog
11-26-2018, 08:51 AM
BUMP and reminder

The Old Mattress Factory
501 N 13th St
Omaha, NE 68102

Remember that's CST, which shouldn't be a problem since it is the same time zone you live in.

TexasZagFan
11-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Remember that's CST, which shouldn't be a problem since it is the same time zone you live in.

Wise words from the Sage of OKC.

gozagswoohoo
11-26-2018, 10:56 AM

Not gonna lie, my heart skipped a beat as I read the first part of that, trying to remember which time zone CST was.

Snowkane
11-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Plan to see you guys there. I'll be bringing my wife and two young Zag fans.

LeightonZag
11-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Hey guys, a little bump to this thread. I just bought myself a fantastic ticket from a private seller here in Omaha. 12th row seats right on middle court.$200 which is far lower than what they are going for online. I believe there are 3 left so if anyone is interested, please let me know and I can try and get you in touch with them.

ConnZag3
11-26-2018, 07:21 PM
Would love to get one of those bracelets from you woohoo. They look awesome! Hopefully you won't run out before the game as I'm not sure I'll be there too much before tip as I'm driving over from Madison. Will definitely rock it in Chapel Hill in a couple weeks as well.

Zagsker
11-26-2018, 07:28 PM
GBR!!!!!

Get Runzas

gozagswoohoo
11-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Would love to get one of those bracelets from you woohoo. They look awesome! Hopefully you won't run out before the game as I'm not sure I'll be there too much before tip as I'm driving over from Madison. Will definitely rock it in Chapel Hill in a couple weeks as well.

I don't think I will, but I'll make sure and put a couple in my back pocket for you! Shoot me a PM from the arena if you don't make it by the pre-game social!

raise the zag
11-26-2018, 08:32 PM
Is there an unofficial head count thus far woohoo?

Also, Gonzaga and/or local chapters will post "pre game social" listings on their website, and/or send out an email prior to games in certain cities.

We should notify GU alumni/fan chapters to post this as well.

I know several alumni/fans who never read this board but show up to every pre game social or game watch locations based on Gonzaga's official postings online.

I will look into this as well.

Edit to add: here is a link for local Zag game watches and pre-game socials throughout the country. You will notice the pre game social listed for upcoming Tennessee game in Phoenix, Zag related parties, game watch, etc. I wonder how we can add this pre game social as an official listing? I know many fans who check this events calendar but rarely read the boards.

LINK: http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/17-match/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=5150 (http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/17-match/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=5150)

gozagswoohoo
11-26-2018, 08:46 PM
Is there an unofficial head count thus far woohoo?

Also, Gonzaga and/or local chapters will post "pre game social" listings on their website, and/or send out an email prior to games in certain cities.

We should notify GU alumni/fan chapters to post this as well.

I know several alumni/fans who never read this board but show up to every pre game social or game watch locations based on Gonzaga's official postings online.

I will look into this as well.

Edit to add: here is a link for local Zag game watches and pre-game socials throughout the country. You will notice the pre game social listed for Tennessee game in Phoenix, etc. I wonder how we can add this pre game social as an official listing? I know there are many fans who check this link but barely, if ever read the boards (surprising I know).

LINK: http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/17-match/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=5150

I’ve been working with Bob Finn there at GU, I believe he did include the info on an email he sent out today. Maybe someone on that email list can check that out?

And, I’d estimate we’re at about 35-40 confirmed, but i have a feeling we’ll have even more than that. Now...they may not all show up at once. I’m very curious to see what the turnout is, but it may not be huge if people are coming and going over the course of the 90 minutes.

Appreciate the help and info!

raise the zag
11-26-2018, 09:14 PM
I’ve been working with Bob Finn there at GU, I believe he did include the info on an email he sent out today. Maybe someone on that email list can check that out?

And, I’d estimate we’re at about 35-40 confirmed, but i have a feeling we’ll have even more than that. Now...they may not all show up at once. I’m very curious to see what the turnout is, but it may not be huge if people are coming and going over the course of the 90 minutes.

Appreciate the help and info!

Awesome, woohoo.

Thanks again for organizing and putting this together!

TexasZagFan
11-27-2018, 06:16 AM

Better set your alarm...lol, I see it's about a 7 hour drive for you.

I'm cheating, I'm a poor father and "Opa", pulling the boys out of school early on Friday. It's a 10-11 hour drive for us, depending on weather.

gozagswoohoo
11-27-2018, 07:17 AM

I'm cheating, I'm a poor father and "Opa", pulling the boys out of school early on Friday. It's a 10-11 hour drive for us, depending on weather.

We're leaving at about 2pm on Friday. So, probably getting in to the hotel around 9pm or so. And then our hotel is about 1.4 miles from the Old Mattress Factory.

ConnZag3
11-27-2018, 10:27 AM

There's nothing wrong with some "family time" in lieu of school :) Gotta take advantage of these middle of the country Zags games when we can. Hoping for a Norvell homecoming game in Chicago or somewhere near next year. Kohl Center isn't that far from Chicago Coach Few :D

ConnZag3
11-27-2018, 10:29 AM
I don't think I will, but I'll make sure and put a couple in my back pocket for you! Shoot me a PM from the arena if you don't make it by the pre-game social!

Sounds great! Thanks in advance and safe travels to Omaha.

gozagswoohoo
11-28-2018, 09:11 AM
Edit to add: here is a link for local Zag game watches and pre-game socials throughout the country. You will notice the pre game social listed for upcoming Tennessee game in Phoenix, Zag related parties, game watch, etc. I wonder how we can add this pre game social as an official listing? I know many fans who check this events calendar but rarely read the boards.

LINK: http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/17-match/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=5150 (http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/17-match/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=5150)

Just noticed that the pre-game social IS now showing on this website.

Birddog
11-28-2018, 10:00 AM

WooHoo, you need to take an on-line class from Gonzaga and officially become an Alum. Just imagine how that will look on your resume!

gozagswoohoo
11-28-2018, 10:08 AM
WooHoo, you need to take an on-line class from Gonzaga and officially become an Alum. Just imagine how that will look on your resume!

No lie, I HAVE thought about that!!

:lmao:

TexasZagFan
11-28-2018, 02:01 PM

That seals it! You're "nationwide"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrhcOIYfA8

TexasZagFan
11-29-2018, 04:56 AM
Bump

gozagswoohoo
11-29-2018, 07:23 AM
So Bob Finn sent a package to me with some GU trinkets to hand out, and within that package he included probably 40 'Go Zags' signs. I have 3 other versions that hang on my man cave wall, and I'm taking those to a copy store today and having another 15-20 each of those copied. So I'll be handing out 3-4 variations of 'Go Zags' signs at the social too. Woohoo! Can't wait.

Hoopaholic
11-29-2018, 08:37 AM
So Bob Finn sent a package to me with some GU trinkets to hand out, and within that package he included probably 40 'Go Zags' signs. I have 3 other versions that hang on my man cave wall, and I'm taking those to a copy store today and having another 15-20 each of those copied. So I'll be handing out 3-4 variations of 'Go Zags' signs at the social too. Woohoo! Can't wait.

jealous but have fun and rep the Zags well in that certain to be awesome atmosphere

GonzagaLove
11-29-2018, 05:47 PM
GonzagaLove and family making the trip from Boise to Omaha. Hate to root against our Jays but they are playing our Zags! We’ll be Zagged out and loud. Looking forward to the social as well. Thanks to the organizers !

Therunner
12-01-2018, 07:34 AM
BUMP

The Old Mattress Factory
501 N 13th St
Omaha, NE 68102

Bump for Game day!

Notice the Mattress Factory doesn't open 'til 11am, don't want u stuck outside in this sleet Woohoo

Zagger
12-01-2018, 08:05 AM
http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/ChompTheJays.png