PDA

View Full Version : Maui Classic Sheraton Strike

Bluze
11-02-2018, 08:05 PM
The hotel workers are on strike at the Sheraton Maui hotel where the Bulldogs are supposed to stay during the tournament. Does anyone know if the team is being relocated to another non-Marriott hotel on the island?

My wife and I are a "bit" anxious as we are reading some horror stories regarding the condition of the Sheraton Maui property and the actions of the strikers during the strike. We booked the "Booster Package" and added additional days. Needless to say, we are in the dark as to what is going to happen if this strike continues during the tournament.

There have been no communications from the promoters.

gozagswoohoo
11-03-2018, 04:31 AM
BUMMER!! Hopefully they get that squared away soon.

ZagNut08
11-03-2018, 08:37 AM
I’ve got a fold out couch at my condo that can sleep 2

mgadfly
11-03-2018, 08:41 AM
The hotel workers are on strike at the Sheraton Maui hotel where the Bulldogs are supposed to stay during the tournament. Does anyone know if the team is being relocated to another non-Marriott hotel on the island?

My wife and I are a "bit" anxious as we are reading some horror stories regarding the condition of the Sheraton Maui property and the actions of the strikers during the strike. We booked the "Booster Package" and added additional days. Needless to say, we are in the dark as to what is going to happen if this strike continues during the tournament.

There have been no communications from the promoters.

Thanks for posting this. I bought the Booster Package too and we are scheduled to be at the Sheraton for three nights. Gives me a chance to be proactive and try to figure out a way to stay some place where I don't have to clean my own room and bring my own drinks.

ZigZagger
11-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Oakland Marriott workers reached an agreement today. Let's hope that is the first domino and all will be resolved soon.

krozman
11-04-2018, 09:00 PM
I would normally say that the condition of their hotel is probably nothing next to the condition of a standard College Dorm room. Besides of amenities were terrible the staff would step up and get them what they need.

Bluze
11-07-2018, 08:51 AM
Thanks for posting this. I bought the Booster Package too and we are scheduled to be at the Sheraton for three nights. Gives me a chance to be proactive and try to figure out a way to stay some place where I don't have to clean my own room and bring my own drinks.

Mgadfly, have you received any mailings from the event organizers? This event seems very unprofessional as we paid $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the package and never received anything from them. I did check with the Sheraton and they do have our reservation, so that part of the package is secure. The least they could do is welcome you to the tournament and provide you with instructions as how to navigate through the event proceedings.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

mgadfly
11-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Mgadfly, have you received any mailings from the event organizers? This event seems very unprofessional as we paid $$$$$$$$$$$$ for the package and never received anything from them. I did check with the Sheraton and they do have our reservation, so that part of the package is secure. The least they could do is welcome you to the tournament and provide you with instructions as how to navigate through the event proceedings.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I got antsy yesterday, since they said my tickets would arrive by the end of October, and emailed them. This was Tina's response.

Good morning,

Thank you for the email. Tournament documents will available for pickup onsite, if you prefer to have your documents federal expressed a $20.00 fee will apply. Package will be sent to street addresses only (no post office boxes)

If you need any further assistance please feel free to email,chat, or give our office a call at the number provided below.

Have a great day!

Tina

Maui Jim Maui Invitational
Domestic: 1-800-856-0024
International: 972-349-5444

AirborneJag
11-07-2018, 04:18 PM
From what I am reading the strike, now in its 31st day, isn’t likely to be resolved by late next week, and may have some spill over effect to other facilities. Probably the best you can do it transition as soon as possible to island time and ride it out. Doubt there are many options since this is the beginning of the holiday season in Maui.

Radbooks
11-13-2018, 08:40 PM
Article in the S-R tonight about the strike:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/13/hotel-labor-dispute-could-impact-gonzagas-fans-mau/

mgadfly
11-13-2018, 09:02 PM
Article in the S-R tonight about the strike:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/13/hotel-labor-dispute-could-impact-gonzagas-fans-mau/

I went ahead and switched hotels. Now people are past the cutoff date, so Iím not sure they can and get a reimbursement if they bought one of the packages. I heard the Sheraton will allow people to cancel, but Iím not sure how that works if the event company that sold the ticket packages is involved. Good luck everyone and Go Zags. We are flying over tomorrow.

Zagceo
11-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Maui likely getting protestors like Waikiki

First and foremost, she shared that the protests in Waikiki are in front of and around the affected properties and were extremely noisy. Aside from the constant shouting, there are drum sets, megaphones, bullhorns and various other noise-making mechanisms that are impossible to ignore (even on high floors) starting as early as 6am and lasting until 10pm.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/where-to-stay-during-marriott-strikes-hawaii/

I canceled Monday

AirborneJag
11-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Well - you can always join the class action that was filed last week against the group that owns the Sheraton and other properties on Oahu. Be interesting to see if they get any kind of a recovery.