X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

GU vs Idaho State - Predictions/What you hope to see

With the exhibition game out of the way... we get back into the swing of things.

Thoughts on the game? What do you hope to see? Predictions.

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    With the exhibition game out of the way... we get back into the swing of things.

Thoughts on the game? What do you hope to see? Predictions.

Have at it boys and girls!
    Hope to see Ayayi play 5-8 productive minutes, to shut down the idle speculation on the GU Board.

Comment

• Markburn1
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
      Hope to see Ayayi play 5-8 productive minutes, to shut down the idle speculation on the GU Board.
      I'd like to see Ayayi play as well. I disagree on what you term idle speculation. Joel has been here a full year and a half. It's only natural to be curious about his progress or lack thereof. It's a legitimate question as to why he has played sparingly in the scrimmage and the exhibition.

Comment

• A to Zags
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
        I'd like to see Ayayi play as well. I disagree on what you term idle speculation. Joel has been here a full year and a half. It's only natural to be curious about his progress or lack thereof. It's a legitimate question as to why he has played sparingly in the scrimmage and the exhibition.
        Both Tillie and Ayayi were held out of the Michigan State scrimmage because of injuries according to someone on this board. We were to shortly there after learn of the severity of Tillie’s injury. Having no information about the Ayayi injury, I assume he slid back in the rotation from lack of practice time. Plausible perhaps but true?

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Bulldogs 91
          Bengals 66
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• zag67
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

GU 101 - 67

Comment

• Zaggernaught
              Redshirt
              • Sep 2008

I would like to see Petrusev get into more of a groove and establish himself. I would also like to see a cleaner game, where they don't get too fancy but keep their foot down on the pedal. I feel like the starting rotation and mix is still up in the air. Based off what I saw on the first game, and yes it was Central Washington, I was really excited about Brandon Clarke and Corey Kispert. I thought both played very well. Crandall is oozing talent and I think that after the first couple of games he might be one of the best things going for us. I think him and Perkins on the floor at the same time is special. Reminds me a bit of Nigel and Perkins on the creativity. I still don't see anyone at this point that can keep the team on track when they get into the lulls. I am hopeful but I am thinking we will have to see. IMO I didn't think that Crandall did a bad job in the start of the second half handling the ball. That will come in handy down the road to give Perkins a rest.
              In the end there can be only one! Go Zags!

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                Administrator
                • Apr 2009

A newer episode of Judge Judy. That last one was a rerun.
                “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• BayAreaZagFan
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Jan 2017

I just want to be able to see the game, and by the end of the game, be able to identify all of the players by their numbers.

Good Guys - 104
                  Pocatello - 60
                  My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

• DZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2007

Zags 100
                    ISU - 57

I hope to see the game.

If I see the game, I hope to see Filip play at a high level. He's big. He is more experienced than most Frosh. Perhaps he can do most of what Tilliie could do.
                    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

• West Side Lady
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Apr 2017

I hope to see 30+ points from Snacks.
                      Also, interested to more of the Rui and Clarke combo.
                      I really missed seeing Tillie last game. Hoping to see Petrusev fill in well.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Thinking of upping points for picking the wrong winner from 5 to 10 points. Any objections?
                        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• kclubfounder
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                          A newer episode of Judge Judy. That last one was a rerun.
                          I wish there was a way to "like" or "laugh" at a post without creating a whole new comment. Good one MCMM.

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                            Thinking of upping points for picking the wrong winner from 5 to 10 points. Any objections?
                            Let your conscience be your guide. . .
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Radbooks
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2007

Zags - 98
                              ISU - 67

Excited to see the game!
                              “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Working...
                              X