PDA

View Full Version : OT- Do we have any graphic designers in this forum? Re: Schedule of Destiny

gozagswoohoo
10-30-2018, 07:43 AM
Houston, we have a problem.

So, it's a long story, but due to computer issues and being on maternity leave for another 3 weeks (HOW DARE HER), my sister in law can't help with the schedule. Normally, I do all the research and type out all of the game times, specific to each requested time zone, with any special game notes and specific tv listings, and I send them to her. She puts it all together with the spiffy schedule design background, and voila. Well, she can't help me this year.

I wasn't really planning on making any significant changes to the design of the schedule itself this season. But I don't have a way to edit PDF's to put all of the new game info in. I'm told I need a special program, as my Adobe is 'read only'.

Can anyone help? Essentially, if I am understanding correctly, if there is someone here that knows about graphic design and can edit PDF's, I can send you a copy of LAST seasons schedule, along with a word doc that has all of THIS seasons game/tv info, and you can merge the two somehow....?

I'm stressing. The schedule has never been out this late. Someone may need to email Coach Few and tell him we won't be able to play our first game next Tuesday if the schedule isn't ready yet.

LongIslandZagFan
10-30-2018, 08:08 AM

So, it's a long story, but due to computer issues and being on maternity leave for another 3 weeks (HOW DARE HER), my sister in law can't help with the schedule. Normally, I do all the research and type out all of the game times, specific to each requested time zone, with any special game notes and specific tv listings, and I send them to her. She puts it all together with the spiffy schedule design background, and voila. Well, she can't help me this year.

I wasn't really planning on making any significant changes to the design of the schedule itself this season. But I don't have a way to edit PDF's to put all of the new game info in. I'm told I need a special program, as my Adobe is 'read only'.

Can anyone help? Essentially, if I am understanding correctly, if there is someone here that knows about graphic design and can edit PDF's, I can send you a copy of LAST seasons schedule, along with a word doc that has all of THIS seasons game/tv info, and you can merge the two somehow....?

I'm stressing. The schedule has never been out this late. Someone may need to email Coach Few and tell him we won't be able to play our first game next Tuesday if the schedule isn't ready yet.

Know someone on here is a GD... gonna text him and give him a nudge to help out.

webspinnre
10-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Sent you a PM. Not much for graphic design, but as long as the PDF is in good shape, editing isn't an issue.

Mantua
10-30-2018, 08:27 AM

Woohoo, I’d love to see an FF graphic design.

“Forever Francis”

TheZagPhish
10-30-2018, 09:52 AM
I got you, amigo.

kitzbuel
10-30-2018, 10:07 AM
A WooHoo/Zagphish collaboration could be epic.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

gozagswoohoo
10-30-2018, 10:20 AM
Wow, I've got PM's from 4 different posters this morn, offering their services!

You guys are the best.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Just dream about it and draw it in PC Paint.

gozagswoohoo
10-30-2018, 06:01 PM
Just dream about it and draw it in PC Paint.

I thought about trying that. I just feel like the quality might not be quite up to par.

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-30-2018, 07:29 PM
I thought about trying that. I just feel like the quality might not be quite up to par.

Not up to par for this board? Have you been to this board? Have you met any of the folks on this board?

We’re all still mesmerized that Zags games can be watched on the magic, blinky, talkie box. If you do this in color, we’ll all be mesmerized for weeks to come.