PDA

View Full Version : Lakers tonight

CDC84
11-02-2007, 10:52 PM
They just blasted the Suns. Ronny had yet another highlight reel pass....this one to Walton on a backdoor cut. Ronny also completely posterized Stoudemire (I think it was Amare) with a vicious dunk off of a pass from Kobe.

deathchina
11-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I just finished watching the game..had to record it. Ronny's dunk was on Brian Skinner. He played well, lots of energy.

ZagNut08
11-02-2007, 11:36 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/apphoto/3217c140-9ef4-49cd-a7e4-4a627f06125f.jpg

ZagNut08
11-02-2007, 11:50 PM
ronny's two dunks can be seen in highlights on espn

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271102021

lawzag
11-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Ronny is sure being allowed to contribute alot more for the team this year!

GO RONNY! :)

CDC84
11-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the proper player identification DC...I wasn't sure.

If I were GU's coaching staff, I would show that dunk to Robert Sacre especially. Like Hubie Brown said, that is how all young big men should be instructed when it comes to finishing off a play. Especially when it comes to a kid like Robert who is so strong and athletic....that is a situation that demands brute force. There are too many young bigs who try to finesse a play like that.

deathchina
11-03-2007, 01:16 PM
nothing irritates me more (well, that's an exaggeration I suppose) then seeing a big try a reverse layup or a double clutch in a situation like that.

ZagNut08
11-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Brian skinner is almost as impressive as on amare. He is primarily a defensive big man who had 4 blocks last night if I recall correctly.

Ronny has to be helping with recruiting. Starting for a team like the lakers has to catch the eyes of recruits. Great to to win over LA area recruits

wazmix
11-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I look at that photo, and what it represents, and I'm just reminded how remarkable his journey has been.

The power, the enthusiasm, the love of the game.........It almost didn't happen. Every game must be an adventure.

(A friend of mine just lost a friend who was a major decathlete in Oregon, so I think of these things, and how some people are really lucky.)

zzzjag
11-04-2007, 08:44 AM
From our 'good buddy' Hollinger. He is picking this years break out stars and has nice words below for Ronny.

GROUP VII: They're not gonna be stars, but

This is my favorite category -- the role players who are ready to step up and make a much larger contribution.

Ronny Turiaf, Lakers (projected PER: 15.13)
He fouls too much to stay on the court for extended minutes, but I'm a big fan of this guy's energy, and he actually has some skill, too. Turiaf had the league's eighth-best rate of shot blocks last season and is an efficient scorer at the other end.

I'm a little amazed the Lakers haven't played him more and I'm not sure they realize what they have, but the fact he started the opener makes me think they've started noticing.

Rubbadub
11-06-2007, 05:39 AM
According to the LATimes, Lamar Odom will be back from injury by Friday and "Odom's return means Ronny Turiaf or, more likely, Luke Walton returns to the bench."

ZagNut08
11-07-2007, 02:01 AM
with odom out again, ronny saw his biggest minutes of the year

35 minutes
7-12 fg
15 pts
7 reb
2 ast
Key: 2 Fouls

Although I believe his minutes will go down with odoms return, I think he will still see about 18-22 minutes per. I am a bit suprised they did not offer him a contract extension by oct 31. However, if he keeps it up this year he could be in for a huge summer being a free agent