PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga Legends Event November 5

Zagdawg
10-20-2018, 10:45 AM
HEAR FROM THE STARS WHO HELPED TURN GONZAGA INTO A COLLEGE HOOPS POWER

Monday, Nov. 5

The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages Community Forum and SWX are hosting an evening with some of biggest names in the history of the Gonzaga University men's basketball program.

Casey Calvary. Matt Santangelo. Dan Dickau. Adam Morrison. They are "Gonzaga Legends" who helped turn a small university in Spokane into one of college basketball's most elite programs.

Our "Gonzaga Legends" event will give Bulldog fans an exclusive chance to hear the stories behind the biggest moments in the team's history directly from the stars themselves. Hosted by SWX sports director Sam Adams and Spokesman-Review college basketball writer Jim Meehan, along with longtime S-R columnist John Blanchette, the evening will be filled with highlights from each player's career, never-before-shared insights, lots of laughs and more than a few surprises that no true-blue Zags fan will want to miss.

http://www.spokesman.com/sports/team/gonzaga-basketball/legends/

Zagdawg
11-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Sam Adams

@SamAdamsTV
9m9 minutes ago
More
Tix still available for this one-time event. $6 gets you into the Fox theater to see Gonzaga Legends Adam Morrison, Casey Calvary, Dan Dickau, and Matt Santangelo, and gets you a collectors poster, autograph session, and photos with Spike + cheerleaders.

ZagNative
11-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Anyone else watching the show on SWX, Channel 112?

ZagnetitForce
11-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Yes and it was fantastic!

Akzag
11-06-2018, 01:32 AM
For those of us that only get to view Judge Judy from afar, can we please get a few details? Thank you in advance.

sittingon50
11-06-2018, 06:53 AM
From this mornings Spokesman:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/nov/06/gonzaga-basketball-legends-share-stories-behind-gr/

Zagdawg
11-06-2018, 07:24 AM
“We do it the right way, we’ve done it the right way, and we have the formula,” Morrison said. “I’m proud that we’re just a small part of this.”

Zagceo
11-06-2018, 07:34 AM
nice tradition to kick off the season...maybe next year different players.

Fox Theatre sure looks nice.

Well done Rob Curley and all

Radbooks
11-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Here's a 3 minute video of Matt Santangelo talking at last night's event:

http://www.swxrightnow.com/video/2018/nov/05/video-rise-dominance-gonzaga-basketball/

Radbooks
11-06-2018, 10:19 AM
You can watch the whole thing if you get the app:

Sam Adams
‏ @SamAdamsTV

Zag fans, do yourselves a favor a watch last night's "Gonzaga Legends" event on demand on the Watch SWX app. There are so many great untold stories shared by Morrison, Dickau, Calvary, and Santangelo. These four legends could not have been more entertaining and informative.

Zagdawg
11-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Thank you for sharing the App - it was well worth the listen.

"Another pair of shoes!!!"

StocktonZag
11-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Rats, out of market cannot use the app. The 3 minute snippet of Matty was a good watch. He is well-spoken. Hmm...who did Stanford get that sent him GU's way. I want to thank them,

GoZags
11-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Rats, out of market cannot use the app. The 3 minute snippet of Matty was a good watch. He is well-spoken. Hmm...who did Stanford get that sent him GU's way. I want to thank them,

Arthur Lee, SZ ... got to a Final Four with Stanford (and was bounced in the 2nd round as a 2 seed at KeyArena the following year ... *smile*)

StocktonZag
11-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that. Now I remember the name; however, I'm so happy to have enjoyed Santangelo's game. He was fun to watch when they made the NorCal swing...and we got a BONUS...time with Fr. Tony!!!

hegotit!
11-07-2018, 06:48 AM
I just started watching/listening on the app, one word WOW! Such an amazing run we have had with so many incredible student athletes. They did a great job with this video. We should show this video to recruits when they come visit and are trying to make their decision.