PDA

View Full Version : CBS Crew Ranks Four Zags in College Basketball’s Top 50

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-17-2018, 08:03 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-the-top-100-and-one-best-players-for-the-2018-19-season/

Starting with Rui.

14. Rui Hachimura | Gonzaga | Junior | Forward
Gobs of potential materialized last season into gobs of production for Gonzaga's Hachimura, and year three under Mark Few's guidance should net his most productive campaign yet. He's a freak athlete who, overall, struggles to shoot outside, but he's a versatile defender whose athleticism allows him to finish at the rim at will. -- KB

Norvell, Perkins, and Tillie also make the list.

jazzdelmar
10-18-2018, 03:52 AM
Impressive.....

gonstu
10-18-2018, 04:53 AM
Clarke could arguably be considered as well or at least sniff the top 50. Impressive starting 5. With kispert, Geno, and petrusev rounding out the rotation. Hope they win Maui, May be too 5 all year then.

DixieZag
10-18-2018, 06:12 AM
Clarke could arguably be considered as well or at least sniff the top 50. Impressive starting 5. With kispert, Geno, and petrusev rounding out the rotation. Hope they win Maui, May be too 5 all year then.

We have to be the only team in the nation that will have so much seeding pressure come to bear prior to December, even.

If we win Maui, as you say, we could easily be top 5 all year and consistently spoken of as a "One" seed. If we do not, and drop another game or two prior to conference, it will be near impossible to edge another team off that line.

But, we're experienced, no less than 3 years experience in every starter, 5 with the PG. So, it may work in our favor.

Reborn
10-18-2018, 06:25 AM
We have to be the only team in the nation that will have so much seeding pressure come to bear prior to December, even.

If we win Maui, as you say, we could easily be top 5 all year and consistently spoken of as a "One" seed. If we do not, and drop another game or two prior to conference, it will be near impossible to edge another team off that line.

But, we're experienced, no less than 3 years experience in every starter, 5 with the PG. So, it may work in our favor.

I don't see the pressure. These Zags are ready, and they believe in their mission. And they believe in themselves and in each other. I can hardly wait for Maui. The unvailing of a master piece. I can hardly wait to see what Few has been doing with these guys. The molding part of the pieces.

Go Zags!!!

kitzbuel
10-18-2018, 08:21 AM

But, we're experienced, no less than 3 years experience in every starter, 5 with the PG. So, it may work in our favor.Yup. We have some really big statement games, but they are all before January. We can really make a season lasting bang with November and December.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

EEzag
10-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Yup. We have some really big statement games, but they are all before January. We can really make a season lasting bang with November and December.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

We don't have a lot of 'Role Players' this year. Most everyone is an all-around weapon and in some respects are auditioning for a pro contract. I don't know if we have had so many guys that are expected to or potentially could play professionally the next year. Things don't usually line up this well. The Zag machine just keeps rolling.

gonstu
10-18-2018, 10:42 AM
This thread got me excited - I count 19 days til first real game...