PDA

View Full Version : Article on Joel

sittingon50
10-13-2018, 11:57 AM
from this mornings Spokesman:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/13/gonzaga-redshirt-sophomore-joel-ayayi-tries-to-car/

Zag_Dad
10-13-2018, 04:20 PM
Benin....huh? Had no idea there was a connection between Ayayi and Hachimura. Allez Gonzaga!

BobZag
10-13-2018, 04:35 PM
I think he'll be a nice surprise. More assertiveness and confidence in a Zag uni will help him immensely.

Mantua
10-13-2018, 04:50 PM
I think he'll be a nice surprise. More assertiveness and confidence in a Zag uni will help him immensely.

I agree. Heís a freshman who seems to be quite intelligent and offers unusual speed. Joel played pretty good defense last summer and seemed at times to run the games despite the poor French coaching.

Malastein
10-13-2018, 07:30 PM
I hope his progression is more akin Rui than some guys who seemingly oozed with potential only to flame out. He looked great playing for France, and could become special if he focuses his talent. He’s long and extraordinarily fast, which could translate to endless matchup issues for opponents.

GuZag2012
10-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Would be pretty crazy if Joel was indeed still growing like the article mentioned and ended up around 6í7 by the time heís done. That would be some excellent size on the wing for the Zags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hooter73
10-15-2018, 08:43 AM
At this point its him, Foster and Ravet who are the heir apparent Point Guards next year with Joel having the most GU experience so I hope he gets some court time this year and shows he can be what is needed.

cggonzaga
10-15-2018, 11:53 AM
At this point its him, Foster and Ravet who are the heir apparent Point Guards next year with Joel having the most GU experience so I hope he gets some court time this year and shows he can be what is needed.

Unless something drastically changes, Joel is not a point guard.

hooter73
10-15-2018, 12:22 PM
True, and I agree, but unless Foster just slaps the world into realizing why he got 4 stars, Joel is probably going to be in the conversation just like Norvell was in the conversation this year prior to Geno being confirmed.

Mantua
10-15-2018, 12:35 PM
My hope is that the bench gets serious minutes during conference games. We need depth going into March.

TexasZagFan
10-15-2018, 12:37 PM
My hope is that the bench gets serious minutes during conference games. We need depth going into March.

There's got to be at least ten cupcake games during conference, where the bench players get double digit minutes.

ETA: I doubt we'll see much of the walk ons during games this year. There's too much depth and not enough minutes for all.

Mantua
10-15-2018, 12:50 PM
There's got to be at least ten cupcake games during conference, where the bench players get double digit minutes.

ETA: I doubt we'll see much of the walk ons during games this year. There's too much depth and not enough minutes for all.

The walk ons contribute a lot that we donít see and are valued team members, but I agree that giving them minutes this year doesnít help us win games when we have so much potential sitting next them.