PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 Transfers - Crandall #04

Kiddwell
10-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Travis - #01

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-10-02/top-15-transfers-watch-college-basketball-season?utm_campaign=monday&utm_medium=mbk&utm_source=10-1-newsletter&utm_content=link-3

:]

Zag_Dad
10-08-2018, 08:01 PM
That’s pretty cool... now let’s get him on campus. ��

Malastein
10-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Where’s Clarke?

Kiddwell
10-08-2018, 09:08 PM
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-09-27/college-basketball-streaks-might-continue-or-discontinue

Kiddwell
10-08-2018, 09:15 PM
This's a fun story. BYU's Yoeli Childs (#23) also on list. Couple other Zags make honorable mention.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-09-16/we-picked-best-current-college-basketball-player-every

seacatfan
10-08-2018, 10:05 PM
I haven't followed hoops as closely the last several years, but several of those top 15 transfers I've never heard of before.

Wasn't Isbell originally a Wazzu commit? Maybe never made it there. I might just be a crotchety old guy (well middle aged, but close enough), but playing for 3 different schools during a college career seems kinda ridiculous to me. I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to that. I know the Zags benefited from that w/ McClellan. Arizona has one this year too. I just think it's weird.

jazzdelmar
10-09-2018, 04:00 AM
I haven't followed hoops as closely the last several years, but several of those top 15 transfers I've never heard of before.

Wasn't Isbell originally a Wazzu commit? Maybe never made it there. I might just be a crotchety old guy (well middle aged, but close enough), but playing for 3 different schools during a college career seems kinda ridiculous to me. I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to that. I know the Zags benefited from that w/ McClellan. Arizona has one this year too. I just think it's weird.

Well, Sea, not every player gets a $100K signing bonus......Too soon? :)

willandi
10-09-2018, 05:38 AM
Where’s Clarke?

Not a Grad Transfer. I think he was on the list last year, but you are right. He should be on this list. It is his first year to play.

seacatfan
10-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Well, Sea, not every player gets a $100K signing bonus......Too soon? :)

I guess I'll have to get used to it. Like I said in the other thread at least they aren't alone, a bunch of other schools implicated as well.

DixieZag
10-09-2018, 10:56 AM
I guess I'll have to get used to it. Like I said in the other thread at least they aren't alone, a bunch of other schools implicated as well.

Time to embrace your Zagdom.

You've been a great friend to this site and many here. Take your solace here, you're a huge fan of this team, too. Arizona is too nice a place and too good an institution to let this define them for long. Wait them out here.

titopoet
10-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Not a Grad Transfer. I think he was on the list last year, but you are right. He should be on this list. It is his first year to play.

Neither were the Lawson brothers, Matt Ryan just to name a few on the list who are not grad transfers and sat out last year with their new teams. I think it was just an oversight. I think clarke will rival the top 3 on the list.

seacatfan
10-09-2018, 11:47 AM
Thanks Dixie! I definitely enjoy the Zags and they don't cause me any grief with off the court problems.

GonzagasaurusFlex
10-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Neither were the Lawson brothers, Matt Ryan just to name a few on the list who are not grad transfers and sat out last year with their new teams. I think it was just an oversight. I think clarke will rival the top 3 on the list.

Yeah, I think Brandon Clarke is gonna make a huge splash and surprise lots of our foes and their fans. Familiarity alone does not account for his defensive job on Rui @ Kraziness. Clarke will be a problem for teams this season. Funny thing is, I think Norvell or Perkins end up being our best player this season.