PDA

View Full Version : So is Josh now gonna start from opening day?

thespywhozaggedme
10-06-2018, 06:33 PM
I thought milehigh or someone else said that he wasn't gonna be ready for opening day, but since he played in tonights scrimmage and by all accounts, played quite well, is is safe to say that he will now be ready for the opening game? Thanks

jazzdelmar
10-06-2018, 06:42 PM
I thought milehigh or someone else said that he wasn't gonna be ready for opening day, but since he played in tonights scrimmage and by all accounts, played quite well, is is safe to say that he will now be ready for the opening game? Thanks

Like a QB at FB scrimmages, I’m thinking Josh was figuratively wearing a yellow singlet, as in, DO NOT TOUCH.

thespywhozaggedme
10-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Like a QB at FB scrimmages, I’m thinking Josh was figuratively wearing a yellow singlet, as in, DO NOT TOUCH.

He was playing live contact, basketball isn't like fb where the qb literally wears a shirt that identifies him as untouchable. There's a ton of incidental contact in a basketball scrimmage.

soccerdud
10-06-2018, 06:55 PM

the last thing i remember milehigh saying on the subject, sometime in the last couple weeks, was that if there was a game that day, josh would have played. my impression has been that milehigh has been very bullish on his chances of starting the season throughout the whole process.

thespywhozaggedme
10-06-2018, 06:56 PM
the last thing i remember milehigh saying on the subject, sometime in the last couple weeks, was that if there was a game that day, josh would have played. my impression has been that milehigh has been very bullish on his chances of starting the season throughout the whole process.

Ah, okay. I thought someone had posted that he wasn't gonna be ready for opening day but someone else posted in the KITK thread that Perks said that he's all clear to play. Great news!

zagamatic
10-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Perhaps the best thing I saw in Perkins is his body language. He has that high energy / relieved / confidence rather than anxious / worried /overly protective. That's my take on him anyways.

MileHigh
10-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Josh has been cleared for all basketball related activities. Barring any setbacks, he will be good to go from here on out

Zagceo
10-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Josh has been cleared for all basketball related activities. Barring any setbacks, he will be good to go from here on out

Tillie put Josh on the floor .....popped right up.
Noticed Josh was wearing long sleeves. Has Josh been lifting weights or was that limited during rehab?

sittingon50
10-07-2018, 11:49 AM

Nope, he was goin' at it full-tilt yesterday Jazz.

Are you going to be taking in the big time ponies when they come to Del Mar?

JPtheBeasta
10-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Looking forward to stronger moves to the hoop this year. Having a bad shoulder has to make one tentative. I actually thought he had the yips last year— maybe the past two years— and was relieved in a way to find out it was his shoulder. (He would look behind him to see where the defender was on break away layups, and I thought it might have been a psychological thing).

jazzdelmar
10-07-2018, 03:16 PM
Nope, he was goin' at it full-tilt yesterday Jazz.

Are you going to be taking in the big time ponies when they come to Del Mar?

Naaa. Not a pony guy. Left my heart back in Saratoga. The fall, Crosby season starts soon. Small crowds, friends and family; small fields, small purses. Dying sport, only the fat cats and heavy gamblers don’t know yet.

zagnut2012
10-08-2018, 06:35 AM
Josh looked quick as ever in the Kraziness scrimmage, with no apparent limitations. In the autograph line, I told him that. He said "Thanks, I have a little ways to go yet, strength wise". I believe, barring a setback, he is ready, That said, we need Geno spell him. Prediction: Josh will have a great year. His confidence was very evident in his play. Go Zags!