PDA

View Full Version : JWill

SageOfZagville
10-01-2018, 12:35 AM
12 minutes.. 4/5 shooting 8 points 4 rebounds. I hope he can stick on the roster.

MileHigh
10-01-2018, 04:21 AM
12 minutes.. 4/5 shooting 8 points 4 rebounds. I hope he can stick on the roster.

Lakers roster is already pretty much set. They have 15 guys with guaranteed contracts and already signed 2 guys to fill their G league two way slots. JW did sign an "exhibit 10" contract with the Lakers which means he is getting paid 2k a week while in training camp (plus per diem and hotel) and once he is waived he gets a 50k bonus if he goes to Lakers G league team. The bonus was designed to entice guys to stay in the US and play in the G-League instead of going overseas. If JW stays in US and goes to the G league he will end up making about 90K overall for the 7 month season. Not bad, but he could probably make at least twice that if he were to go overseas

LTownZag
10-01-2018, 06:00 AM
Lakers roster is already pretty much set. They have 15 guys with guaranteed contracts and already signed 2 guys to fill their G league two way slots. JW did sign an "exhibit 10" contract with the Lakers which means he is getting paid 2k a week while in training camp (plus per diem and hotel) and once he is waived he gets a 50k bonus if he goes to Lakers G league team. The bonus was designed to entice guys to stay in the US and play in the G-League instead of going overseas. If JW stays in US and goes to the G league he will end up making about 90K overall for the 7 month season. Not bad, but he could probably make at least twice that if he were to go overseas

Thanks for contributing here, MileHigh! I learn a ton form your posts.

Malastein
10-01-2018, 09:07 AM
Let’s hope he continues impressing LeBron and Magic enough to keep him and cut a guaranteed guy!

Pleasant Peninsula
10-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Let’s hope he continues impressing LeBron and Magic enough to keep him and cut a guaranteed guy!

There's an infinitesimal chance of that happening, but if he impresses in preseason he could open other eyes in the league, and if he wants to go the G-league route, it can be a quicker path to getting a 'cup of coffee' in the NBA (i.e. David Stockton vs. far superior players like Pangos and NWG).

MDABE80
10-01-2018, 02:14 PM
He looks like a good young player. He might not get a Laker contract, but I'm thinking he'll catch on elsewhere.

DixieZag
10-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Seems like the Lakers are convinced that Zags are worth checking out. Almost has to be part the fundamentals and also the maturity, bc they've given many of our guys a real eval, and some jobs.

Zagdawg
10-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Former Zag Lakers include

Ronny Turiaf
Robert Sacre
Adam Morrison
Elias Harris

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/West-Coast-Conference/11/Gonzaga/332/nba-players

ZigZagger
10-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Former Zag Lakers include

Ronny Turiaf
Robert Sacre
Adam Morrison
Elias Harris

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/West-Coast-Conference/11/Gonzaga/332/nba-players

And going back just a little bit further, Paul Rogers. 2nd round pick in 1997.