PDA

View Full Version : Buying Single Game Tickets - Impossible?

LTownZag
09-29-2018, 08:35 AM
My wife and I are lifelong Washington residents and GU fans. We have wanted to see the Zags plays for several years but that chance has always seemed impossible. We'd love to finally get a chance to watch the zags in person, even in a (probably) blowout game against a poor WCC opponent, but we don't have season tickets or know anyone who does. We are not friends with any current students.

Considering that the realistic geographic options are either a home game in Spokane or their away game at Portland Saturday Jan 19th, is there any way to possibly buy a single game tickets (or in this case 2 tickets) to any of these games? Is trolling craigslist or stubub for a $200+ ticket the best or only option?

Thanks!

Zagdawg
09-29-2018, 09:20 AM
Single-Game Ticket Access
ZAG fans who contribute $250 to Men's Basketball are notified of ticket sales, if available, on a weekly basis. When students, faculty and staff, and the visiting team do not use their ticket allotment, these tickets are made available for sale at face value to Men’s Basketball supporters. Single-game ticket sales are held Wednesday morning at 9 a.m., when available, and an email notification is sent the day prior informing of the sale. Typically, ZAG fans can purchase 2-4 tickets for a specific game.

For the 2018-19 season, there will be six (6) games held over Christmas break, when the students are missing from the stands. The tickets that are typically held for students will be available for purchase to ZAG supporters of Men’s Basketball.

To make a contribution to Men's Basketball for single game ticket access, click HERE.

https://gozags.com/sports/2018/7/11/zag-basketball-access.aspx

tummydoc
09-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Your best bet is home games over xmas break when students are gone and we play out of conference weak opponents. Donors to the bulldog club (now the athletic giving program) get notified of available unsold tickets the Tuesday before games. They run $25-60 per seat. Message me. If I can score you tickets at my face value I'd be happy to help. The kennel is fun even if students are gone, but less energy.

DixieZag
09-29-2018, 10:08 AM
PM me and we can probably set something up.

AirborneJag
09-29-2018, 10:54 AM
The reality is to cozy up to a season ticket holder. We get access to extra tickets, particularly during the Christmas break, and from time to time to non conference games. The number of tickets that a season ticket holder can buy varies from game to game and I think varies by the number of priority points you have. Several posters have apparently suggested that approach.

And some season ticket holders even give their seats away. I know - sounds shocking but it does happen for a variety of reasons including you are not supposed to sell ticketst beyond face value or risk loosing you privilege to the tickets. Since many tickets are found on re-seller sites, doesn’t appear many take the threat seriously. I typically give away anywhere from 3 -5 games a year due to conflicts and believe it or not, it’s sometimes hard to find takers. I’ve people turn down tickets to a Santa Clara or LMU and instead ask if I will let them have my BYU or St Mary’s games. Ya - right.

jazzdelmar
09-29-2018, 11:53 AM
PM me and we can probably set something up.

Who are you, Dixie’s Tickets?

ZagDad84
09-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Go to Vegas and purchase all-session tickets.

You can see all of the men's games and get the women's games thrown in for free.

You don't get the kennel environment, but if your going to go to Portland anyway, you get warmer weather, several games and a good break from the winter doldrums.

ZagDad

LTownZag
09-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Go to Vegas and purchase all-session tickets.

You can see all of the men's games and get the women's games thrown in for free.

You don't get the kennel environment, but if your going to go to Portland anyway, you get warmer weather, several games and a good break from the winter doldrums.

ZagDad

We have family in portland and live between portland and Spokane. Being able to see a single game a few hours drive from home is maybe a special/memorable possibility. Flying to vegas for several days of vacation just isn't possible.

northsidezagfan
09-29-2018, 04:18 PM
I bought a single game ticket in Portland last year. Was $40 to be right on the rail up from our bench. Pretty sure it was just through the UP athletics site.

DixieZag
09-30-2018, 06:37 AM
Who are you, Dixie’s Tickets?

I would love for them to be DZ's tix, but they are DZ's family's tickets, and none should ever go unused, my mother is extremely generous and controls them.

They are 9 rows up behind visitor's bench.

You can call a timeout and use the restroom. :)

willandi
09-30-2018, 09:12 AM
I would love for them to be DZ's tix, but they are DZ's family's tickets, and none should ever go unused, my mother is extremely generous and controls them.

They are 9 rows up behind visitor's bench.

You can call a timeout and use the restroom. :)

PM'd!

LTownZag
09-30-2018, 10:09 AM
I bought a single game ticket in Portland last year. Was $40 to be right on the rail up from our bench. Pretty sure it was just through the UP athletics site.

Thanks for the tip. I went to the UP athletics site and it doesn't look like anything is available. Some 3rd party sites are selling tickets for more than $300!

zagzilla
09-30-2018, 10:34 AM
Our son just enrolled at Portland (don't ask) this year and we bought a single season ticket for which allowed us to buy another 5 tickets to the Zag game in January for $50 each. 5 rows behind GU bench. Total of 6 tickets for less than the Battle In Seattle Tickets we used to buy each year.

Season ticket purchase gives us priority to buy WCC Tourney tickets too.

ZZ

Zagger
09-30-2018, 11:14 AM
I'm a ZAG member and get tickets that way. We're also good pals with some season ticket holders and often go via their tickets. I've also posted a desire to buy tickets on Craig's List and had good success (for the WCC Tournament from season ticket holders who could not go and for the less popular games). Scams have happened with the ZAG member tickets being resold so beware on those. There's nothing to stop someone from printing multiple ticket copies. The first one using one will get in - the rest - nope! If you like GU it's not bad paying the $250 to become a Zag member. However, being a member you're not assured of getting tickets. You have to be quick with the computer at promptly 0900 (usually) on the day tickets are available to ZAG members - especially to get better seats. If the opposing team is the Alaskan Kodiaks a few tickets will be available. If it is UW there will not be any available to ZAG members even with the students gone.

Yet one more way to snag a ticket or two is to get to Jack & Dan's early on a game day and let the bartenders know you're looking for tickets. Some folks with tickets just plain drop them off at J&D's to give away. I've gone to 2 games this way - for free. Once we got 2 tickets the other time only 1 - then drew straws on who went. It's fun watching games at J&D's too :) - even if you don't luck out and get tickets.

There are enough season ticket holders who don't show up for games for one reason or another I would think that an enterprising individual - maybe even GU - could work out some sort of deal where season ticket holders on short notice could donate their tickets and get them to GU. There are always people who would like to see a Zags game in Spokane. These 'extra' tickets could be sold by GU or given away in some fashion - maybe through a charitable organization to Zag fans who can not afford to go to a game.

Mr Vulture
10-01-2018, 12:37 PM
The reality is to cozy up to a season ticket holder. We get access to extra tickets, particularly during the Christmas break, and from time to time to non conference games. The number of tickets that a season ticket holder can buy varies from game to game and I think varies by the number of priority points you have. Several posters have apparently suggested that approach.

And some season ticket holders even give their seats away. I know - sounds shocking but it does happen for a variety of reasons including you are not supposed to sell ticketst beyond face value or risk loosing you privilege to the tickets. Since many tickets are found on re-seller sites, doesn’t appear many take the threat seriously. I typically give away anywhere from 3 -5 games a year due to conflicts and believe it or not, it’s sometimes hard to find takers. I’ve people turn down tickets to a Santa Clara or LMU and instead ask if I will let them have my BYU or St Mary’s games. Ya - right.

I wouldn't turn down tickets if they were playing a 300 RPI team...LOL

Radbooks
10-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't turn down tickets if they were playing a 300 RPI team...LOL

Me either! It's a bucket list item for me to see a game in the Kennel!!