PDA

View Full Version : WCC Preseason Preview

Zagdawg
09-25-2018, 08:36 AM
WCC 2018-19 Preview -- from 3 man weave

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/wcc-basketball-preview-2019

MDABE80
09-25-2018, 09:29 AM
When the replacements appear to be better than the departures from a Sweet 16 team, things look good. Amazing collection of young players.

Zags_Fanatic
09-25-2018, 09:44 AM
I think Pepperdine is going to surprise people this year. #8 is way too low for the talent Romar has brought in and hiring Bone was a really great move. I think they will be above .500 in conference and finish around the middle of the conference standings in the 4-6 range.

JAGzag
09-25-2018, 12:16 PM
I think Pepperdine is going to surprise people this year. #8 is way too low for the talent Romar has brought in and hiring Bone was a really great move. I think they will be above .500 in conference and finish around the middle of the conference standings in the 4-6 range.

Agreed. I would love to see a resurgence of a Pepperdine GU rivalry like back in early 2000. Those were great games! So long as they have a guy who can coach, Pepp may be dangerous in a couple of years. Romar can recruit!

Bogozags
09-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Don’t under estimate USD...they play excellent team defence and have good athleticism. they lost their HC but their assistant takes over and won’t miss a step...IMO

ZagsObserver
09-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Agreed. I would love to see a resurgence of a Pepperdine GU rivalry like back in early 2000. Those were great games! So long as they have a guy who can coach, Pepp may be dangerous in a couple of years. Romar can recruit!

Ya, gotta switch Santa Clara and Pepperdine for sure.

maynard g krebs
09-25-2018, 09:18 PM

Aren't the Oregon transfers a year away from playing? I'm not familiar w/ their freshman recruits. Are any of them that good?

sittingon50
09-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Aren't the Oregon transfers a year away from playing? I'm not familiar w/ their freshman recruits. Are any of them that good?

All I know is the LMU board was lamenting the fact that LoRo came into L.A. & scooped up a # of kids very quickly while the Lions recruiting seemed to be going nowhere.

Zagceo
09-26-2018, 03:43 AM
Play each game against the spread..might be more interesting

Zags gonna miss extending Win streak in Malibu to 20 because of shortened schedule

bartruff1
09-26-2018, 06:25 AM
Gonzaga will be a huge favorite to win every single game in the WCC.....they might not....but they should....

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-26-2018, 08:15 AM
Interesting that they bucked the national media trend and picked Tillie as the WCC player of the year. Most seem to think Rui is this team’s best player. I happen to thing a fully engaged, healthy Tillie with some heightened, sustained intensity may well be an All American by season’s end. He and Rui and Norvell can push each other to excel.