PDA

View Full Version : Luke Walton equates Lebron James' intensity level with Ronny Turiaf's

Alum08
09-24-2018, 01:24 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24786051/lebron-james-says-lakers-warriors-level-yet

This was the first time James has spoken to the Los Angeles media since signing with the Lakers in free agency in July. He had a serious tone in his press conference, something head coach Luke Walton says he has seen from James at the practice facility this summer.

"He knows what time it is. ... He's setting the tone that it's time to come to work," Walton said. "... There is definitely that look that I've seen before with somebody else I have played with before that knows the season is coming up soon."

Walton, who played alongside Kobe Bryant, was asked who that person could be.

"Ronny Turiaf," Walton cracked.

OK, maybe it was in jest, still funny nonetheless!

Vanzagger
09-24-2018, 02:17 PM
I wil never discount what Ronny brought at a crucial time for the program. To get him for 4 years too

zagsfanforlife
09-24-2018, 04:04 PM
Cool story-- but last year for my birthday one of my good friends gave me a lakers jersey...

It turned out to not just be any lakers jersey when i opened it....

It was a signed GAME USED jersey from Ronny's year. Almost as big as my whole body. He worked at a elementary school and received it to auction off, but no one ended up bidding on it. It had been sitting in the schools closet for a year before he gave it to me.

What does that have to do with this quote? Absolutely nothing. But pretty cool nonetheless i thought.

Bogozags
09-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Cool story-- but last year for my birthday one of my good friends gave me a lakers jersey...

It turned out to not just be any lakers jersey when i opened it....

It was a signed GAME USED jersey from Ronny's year. Almost as big as my whole body. He worked at a elementary school and received it to auction off, but no one ended up bidding on it. It had been sitting in the schools closet for a year before he gave it to me.

What does that have to do with this quote? Absolutely nothing. But pretty cool nonetheless i thought.m

Yes that IS really cool! He was a great player with tremendous work ethic and a person who will always care about people!

GoZags
09-24-2018, 05:06 PM
m

Yes that IS really cool! He was a great player with tremendous work ethic and a person who will always care about people!

Ronny Turiaf to me is the greatest example of what the term "Zag" really means ....

DixieZag
09-24-2018, 05:29 PM
Ronny Turiaf to me is the greatest example of what the term "Zag" really means ....

2nd

In the dictionary under "Zag" picture of Ronny right there

JPtheBeasta
09-24-2018, 07:46 PM
2nd

In the dictionary under "Zag" picture of Ronny right there

… and his heart was almost quite literally too big*. He is one of my all-time favorites. He has a love for life that came through in interviews and on the court.

*It was an aortic aneurysm, I believe, which is close enough for me for the metaphor to work.

Rangerzag
09-25-2018, 08:34 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24786051/lebron-james-says-lakers-warriors-level-yet

OK, maybe it was in jest, still funny nonetheless!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/sports/basketball/lebron-james-lakers.html

“He knows what time it is,” said Walton, a former Lakers player who was teammates with Kobe Bryant. “He’s setting the tone that it is time to come to work. There is definitely that look that I’ve seen before.”
A reporter asked which player he was alluding to.
“Ronny Turiaf,” Walton cracked, referring to perhaps the Lakers’ most effervescent and fun-loving player in 2008, when they lost to the Boston Celtics in the finals.
It was the day’s one shining moment of levity.