PDA

View Full Version : Sam Dower calls it a career

FuManShoes
09-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Tough news from Sam Dower's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=775889883) that he's hanging up the basketball shoes due to another knee injury. Wish him well as a rocket scientist!

Well...I gotta have another surgery on the same knee that kept me from playing the past 2 seasons. In hindsight thatís 3 separate operations on the same knee for the same reason, all within in a 2 and a half year span. Iíve had a lot of time for self reflection this past couple of weeks and with that being said I think it may be time for the basketball chapter of my life to come to an end. Iím thankful I got a chance to be on the court and play in actual games again, which is what I yearned the most during my absence. That at least helps me end this with closure. I gave it my all to get back playing, but this vessel of mine, my left knee to be specific, canít physically endure the grit and grind of being a professional basketball player anymore and I have to learn to accept that. I am far from over it because basketball is my life, itís all Iíve ever done or wanted to do; however, I am hopeful for the next chapter in my life and have faith God will help me find my niche again somewhere. Probably a Rocket Scientist or something. But all jokes aside I will be looking for work so please let me know of anywhere that could use a guy like me. Iím highly qualified, self motivated and looking to put my degree to use. Taco Bell this is your chance at me, letís work!
Dolo out✌🏿

ZagNative
09-23-2018, 09:15 AM
I love that guy. Best of luck to Sam, wherever life takes him.

zag buddy
09-23-2018, 10:02 AM
Sam We all have a lot of tools in our tool bag for life . Most of them go unsharpened. You have a chance to sharpen some new tools. . Good Luck and God does bless us all.

bartruff1
09-23-2018, 12:12 PM

me too

sittingon50
09-23-2018, 02:15 PM

Just a terrific young man!!

Kong-Kool-Aid
09-23-2018, 03:43 PM
Wonder if he could come back to Spokane and do anything to help coach up our bigs.

MDABE80
09-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Seasons change. Basketball get's over....the nice thing about GU is that the school prepares you for life. Sam's a great kid. His life will bloom. All the best for him;)

webspinnre
09-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Best wishes to him. Knee surgeries are tough for anyone, but especially for a big man. Hope he heals up.

Zagger
09-24-2018, 02:32 PM
Wonder if he could come back to Spokane and do anything to help coach up our bigs.

That’d be sweet!

gozagswoohoo
09-25-2018, 06:22 AM
We often talk about how zags players seem to be more personable, caring, level-headed than other players...maybe we're biased, maybe not. But I DO believe that Few purposefully recruits players that are like that. I honestly do. Our players just seem so genuine.

I've met probably 50 (or more...??) zags over the years while attending games, and I've gotten pics/autographs with them. Sam was EASILY one of the nicest ones of the bunch. My wife actually grabbed his butt during a pic (on accident, she says, anyway, haha). We all had a good laugh about it.

Long story short, Sam will always be one of my favorite zags.

ZAG-4-LIFE

gozagswoohoo
09-25-2018, 06:30 AM
We often talk about how zags players seem to be more personable, caring, level-headed than other players...maybe we're biased, maybe not. But I DO believe that Few purposefully recruits players that are like that. I honestly do. Our players just seem so genuine.

I've met probably 50 (or more...??) zags over the years while attending games, and I've gotten pics/autographs with them. Sam was EASILY one of the nicest ones of the bunch. My wife actually grabbed his butt during a pic (on accident, she says, anyway, haha). We all had a good laugh about it.

Long story short, Sam will always be one of my favorite zags.

ZAG-4-LIFE

Moments before she grabbed his butt. lol

https://i.imgur.com/kThTDKI.jpg