PDA

View Full Version : OT - Duke Finally Makes the Hall of Fame

ZagDad84
09-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Mods, please move as appropriate.

While many on this board have a somewhat strong dislike for Duke, I found it interesting that after numerous national players of the year, Olympians and top draft picks, Duke finally has its first Hall of Fame player.

Grant Hill will be the first Duke NBA player in the Naismith Hall of Fame. When looking at his stats, it is questionable whether Grant Hill should be in the Naismith hall, but inducted he will be.

So Duke has finally joined Gonzaga with a single player inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame.

Welcome to the Party Duke. It is about time.

ZagDad

Zagceo
09-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Christian Laettner was inducted as a member of the 1992 dream team as was JS

GoZags
09-06-2018, 11:16 AM
One of my favorite stats is that Gonzaga University has as many guys in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as the Florida Gators, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma State and a host of others.

http://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/colleges/

ZagDad84
09-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Christian Laettner was inducted as a member of the 1992 dream team as was JS

Thanks for the clarification, although getting in through association with the dream team is like getting in through the backdoor, IMO.

ZagDad

Zagceo
09-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification, although getting in through association with the dream team is like getting in through the backdoor, IMO.

ZagDad

maybe....but playing in 4 final fours (2 x champs) and winning multiple awards including POY ...First team AA

i’d say his career was considered above average IMHO.

ZagDad84
09-06-2018, 01:23 PM
maybe....but playing in 4 final fours (2 x champs) and winning multiple awards including POY ...First team AA

i’d say his career was considered above average IMHO.

Agreed. He is an excellent candidate for the "college" hall of fame. There is a National Collegiate Hall of Fame for Men's BB in Kansas City.

I am still not convinced that your college career should have much value towards the Naismith Hall of Fame. I realize that several others have also gotten into the Naismith HOF based on achievements outside of professional BB, so this is not limited to Duke or Laettner. Your collegiate career should establish your eligibility for the Collegiate Hall of Fame and your pro career should establish your eligibility for the Naismith HOF.

Just my $0.02

ZagDad