PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M game.....

Texas A&M
09-04-2018, 05:51 AM
I'm new to this forum, so my apologies if this has already been covered.

I'm hoping to meet a couple family members from Idaho at this game. I've been to StubHub to see about tickets, but this game isn't listed yet. It appears that most already are though (but zero tickets showing as available so far). Any guesses when this game will show up on StubHub (and other resale sites)? Any guesses what starting prices on resales sites will be? We don't really care where are seats are, so we won't mind sitting higher up.

As far as the game..... I wish we would have played last year. Y'all would have been favored still, but it would have been more competitive. Positions 1 and 2 will be solid for us (at least the starters), but 3-5 are big question marks.

Thanks!

Markburn1
09-04-2018, 06:45 AM

I'm hoping to meet a couple family members from Idaho at this game. I've been to StubHub to see about tickets, but this game isn't listed yet. It appears that most already are though (but zero tickets showing as available so far). Any guesses when this game will show up on StubHub (and other resale sites)? Any guesses what starting prices on resales sites will be? We don't really care where are seats are, so we won't mind sitting higher up.

As far as the game..... I wish we would have played last year. Y'all would have been favored still, but it would have been more competitive. Positions 1 and 2 will be solid for us (at least the starters), but 3-5 are big question marks.

Thanks!

Price will be dependent on Gold futures. As for sitting higher up, there might be a seat in the Goodyear blimp. The TV reception is a bit fuzzy, though.

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-04-2018, 06:57 AM

Thanks!

Welcome Texas A&M! I have no info for you but just wanted to quickly point out that the reply you got from Markburn1 is NOT typical from this board. No idea why he would reply to a first time poster in such a rude manner.

Hope you and the Aggies have a great season.

GoZags
09-04-2018, 06:58 AM
Welcome Texas A&M! I have no info for you but just wanted to quickly point out that the reply you got from Markburn1 is NOT typical from this board. No idea why he would reply to a first time poster in such a rude manner.

Hope you and the Aggies have a great season.

Agree with the sentiments expressed in this post ... and i apologize on behalf of the board for the first response you received.

thespywhozaggedme
09-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Price will be dependent on Gold futures. As for sitting higher up, there might be a seat in the Goodyear blimp. The TV reception is a bit fuzzy, though.

Dude? Really??

thespywhozaggedme
09-04-2018, 07:19 AM

Thanks!

Welcome to our board, glad to have you!

Bogozags
09-04-2018, 07:54 AM
Welcome!

Just wanted to let you know, I don't like teams that beat us (Bahamas) I only like teams that we beat...what, did I just say that...lol

Seriously, yes last year it would have been a pretty nip and tuck game...seems like you're having a rebuilding year!

Question: As TA&M fan, are you happy in the SEC or would you rather have remained in the B12? I've spoken to lots of UT fans and they are just adamant in not EVER playing TA&M again...seems like there is lots of hate around your leaving...maybe after this generation "dies off" then we can once again see that rivalry continue!

Best of luck in getting tickets for the game...

MDABE80
09-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Maybe Mark wasn't awake when he posted the confused note. That said, welcome A&M! Very proper of you to join us!!

Markburn1
09-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Holy smokes. It was meant tongue in cheek. Everybody knows tickets in Spokane are a tough get. Geez. There was no disrespect meant to A&M.

Texas A&M
09-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Bogozags - Yes, this appears to be a rebuilding year. I think we have a shot at the tournament, but an NIT bid is more likely.

For the most part people are happy with the move to the SEC. This is especially the case for football. For me basketball has suffered somewhat because of it. For me we lost our natural rivals (Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech), and we haven't really replaced them with with any meaningful rivalries. It has been nice having Kentucky come to town though. For football, getting Auburn, Alabama, and LSU on the schedule every year definitely helps. Now we just need to win a few of those games.

Bogozags
09-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Bogozags - Yes, this appears to be a rebuilding year. I think we have a shot at the tournament, but an NIT bid is more likely.

For the most part people are happy with the move to the SEC. This is especially the case for football. For me basketball has suffered somewhat because of it. For me we lost our natural rivals (Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech), and we haven't really replaced them with with any meaningful rivalries. It has been nice having Kentucky come to town though. For football, getting Auburn, Alabama, and LSU on the schedule every year definitely helps. Now we just need to win a few of those games.

Having the big three come to town is nice; however, to obtain relevance you do have to beat them from time to time.

Really liked your tradition of the “13th Man” as well as the big bond fire (which had a tragic ending) and would love to see y’all upset Auburn and Alabama!

Zags_Fanatic
09-04-2018, 09:41 AM
If you have A&M contacts your best bet would be to try to get tix through the school. Might be worth calling the ticket office down there to see what that would take. Gonzaga has never sold tickets for games in The Kennel to the public, every game is sold out between students, faculty and season ticket holders. My guess is that stub hub prices will be between $250-400/ticket but this is one of the better home games and very few seats will be available. Best of luck!

MDABE80
09-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Good point fanatic! Sure they'll have some for our new friend.

Vanzagger
09-04-2018, 10:08 AM
Thanks burn1 for bringing a little flavor. I doubt anyone blinked except for

VaBeachZAG
09-04-2018, 10:15 AM
If you have A&M contacts your best bet would be to try to get tix through the school. Might be worth calling the ticket office down there to see what that would take. Gonzaga has never sold tickets for games in The Kennel to the public, every game is sold out between students, faculty and season ticket holders. My guess is that stub hub prices will be between $250-400/ticket but this is one of the better home games and very few seats will be available. Best of luck!

To bad this wasn't the first response to the original question. If the original response was intended as a joke, it was a darn sorry one!

bigblahla
09-04-2018, 10:25 AM

Thanks!

If tickets are not available, might I suggest viewing the game at Jack & Dan's Bar and Grill, just off of campus at 1226 N. Hamilton St., for a true flavor of the Gonzaga experience. Wear your A&M colors, you most likely will be respectfully heckled from time to time but your fandom will be acknowledged and appreciated....just a thought...

Go!! Zags!!!

Markburn1
09-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Dear Texas A&M,

There was absolutely no venom directed at you. It is a fact of life that tickets to the kennel are, for all intents and purposes, virtually non existent unless you want to take out a loan. Apparently the folks here jumped to some kind of conclusion that I was trying to shoo you away and that I was out of line to not welcome you with open arms. To the contrary, it was simply a warning that your quest for tickets was an uphill battle. I welcome you on this board and in the Kennel if you should contrive to reach the holy grail without mortgaging your home.

Good luck.

Texas A&M
09-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the comments, and no offense taken with any of them. :-)

My original hope was to bring some of my nephews from one state over, but I may not love them enough to pay the kind of prices I might see. :-) I was looking forward to replacing my old Gonzaga basketball t-shirt though. About 9-10 years ago I had an afternoon to kill in Spokane, so I walked around campus. The bookstore was one of my stops, so I grabbed the shirt. It will last a few more years though......

Markburn1
09-05-2018, 06:22 AM
How about a little history of the Forum.

For years, there have been perpetual complaints about the availability of tickets for home games. People have complained about the size of the venue because it limits the chance for the "average" fan to attend. People have complained about the cancellation of the Battle in Seattle because that game afforded a chance for fans that otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to see the Zags an avenue to see the boys locally. There have been complaints about the season ticket holders that sit on their hands and are taking up valuable space that would be better suited for a more rabid fan. In point of fact, there are posts in this thread that allude to the difficulty of obtaining tickets.

For those of you that led with holier than thou comments, it was apparent you didn't take into account the board's history in general and my history in particular. I have never insulted a newcomer to this board and I don't intend to in the future. Either your comprehension level was challenged or your outrage meter is set way to high. You owe me an apology. For those of you that have the guts to admit you made an incorrect assumption, you can apologize publicly on this thread or in private with a PM.

MDABE80
09-05-2018, 08:55 AM
Ya sound butt hurt Mark. Don't be. Everyone gets "it" once
in a while... right or wrong. I'd drop it.

TexasZagFan
09-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Ya sound butt hurt Mark. Don't be. Everyone gets "it" once
in a while... right or wrong. I'd drop it.

And, I attribute the testiness lately to preseason jitters, nothing more. So much anticipation heading into this year’s edition.

webspinnre
09-05-2018, 03:48 PM
It's been a LONG offseason.

I took it in the manner it was intended, but I can see how some may have read it otherwise, particularly with it being the first response.

Robzagnut
09-06-2018, 06:37 AM
Holy smokes. It was meant tongue in cheek. Everybody knows tickets in Spokane are a tough get. Geez. There was no disrespect meant to A&M.

No worries. I knew you were kiddin around. Sorry that the 'band wagon bashers' got themselves all into a tizzy over nothing.