PDA

View Full Version : Anton Watson and Football

509er
08-29-2018, 03:54 PM
Pardon me if this has already been discussed but is Anton W playing football this year? Id hate to deprive a HS kid of enjoying his senior year but would also hate to see him get hurt. Maybe have him restrict his duties to PAT holder? 😜

raise the zag
08-29-2018, 04:58 PM
Pardon me if this has already been discussed but is Anton W playing football this year? Id hate to deprive a HS kid of enjoying his senior year but would also hate to see him get hurt. Maybe have him restrict his duties to PAT holder? 😜

As someone still dealing with the after-effects of old HS football injuries, this is a terrible decision, esp given his future in hoops.

Matter of fact, I had to sit out my Senior year of bball because of a football injury.

Just not worth it, imho.

Kids will be kids but Anton has a realistic and profitable future in bball.

Football injuries last a lifetime, basketball injuries last a couple weeks.

ZagNative
08-29-2018, 05:05 PM
He's not listed on the Gonzaga Prep football roster. Only familiar name for me is Samuel Stockton. http://www.greaterspokaneleague.org/index.php?pid=0.45.370.1.323&sid=5566

Zag_Dad
08-29-2018, 07:00 PM
He's not listed on the Gonzaga Prep football roster. Only familiar name for me is Samuel Stockton. http://www.greaterspokaneleague.org/index.php?pid=0.45.370.1.323&sid=5566

Couple other names with potential GU ties: Luke Perko could very well be son or relative of Mark Perko who played for Gonzaga in late 80s and Tommy Fuchs is very likely the son of Tom Fuchs who ran cross-country and then coached cross-country for Gonzaga.

former1dog
08-29-2018, 07:31 PM
Tommy Fuchs is very likely the son of Tom Fuchs who ran cross-country and then coached cross-country for Gonzaga.

You are correct! Tom was my coach for 3 years at Gonzaga. A successful coach, a great Zag and a fantastic person. Proud to call him my friend.

Mantua
08-29-2018, 09:36 PM
SWX has scheduled a live broadcast of High School Football “Gonzaga Prep at Coeur d’Alene” on Friday evening at 7 pm.

GrizZAG
08-29-2018, 09:51 PM
I'm guessing that Luke Perko is the grandson of Tom Perko who was a star player and team captain for North Central HS. North Central won the state championship led by Tom in the late 1940's. I believe it is the only state championship North Central has ever won. Tom went on to play for Stanford. He was a personal friend of mine and one fine gentleman. Good genes going there I'd guess.

exclusivelee
08-29-2018, 10:51 PM
He's not listed on the Gonzaga Prep football roster. Only familiar name for me is Samuel Stockton. http://www.greaterspokaneleague.org/index.php?pid=0.45.370.1.323&sid=5566Jamaari Jones was GPrep basketball's 2nd option last year. Jacob Parola & Carter Sonneborn also played varsity. Sam Stockton played jv

vandalzag
08-30-2018, 07:41 AM
Anton is not playing football. I think he stopped after his Sophomore year. Perko is the son of Mark but like his older brother will be a football player.