PDA

View Full Version : Greg Foster Jr.

lawprof99
08-29-2018, 06:54 AM
Lot of chatter about the incoming folks, but nothing about Greg Foster Jr. who was highly rated early on. What's up?

TheGonzagaFactor
08-29-2018, 07:20 AM
1. Fans are generally more excited about other players on the roster. Hype for Foster would be through the roof if we got him 10 years ago. Now we have experienced studs at the positions he plays.

2. He is coming off an underwhelming senior year in HS (down to 8ppg from 15 the previous year). Not awful considering he went from WI to Vegas, but it's not the JR-SR jump that we usually see for top players that garner a lot of hype.

He's also a likely redshirt candidate from what I gather. We'll probably be chatting quite a bit about Foster next summer.

ZagsObserver
08-29-2018, 07:35 AM
He will be more of a project, so I think the excitement will come if he’s able to develop. He wasn’t terribly high on the rankings (3.5 star average), but he does have the height and other intangibles that could make him a contributor down the road.

His senior season was a bit of a disappointment (off the bench for a while for a mediocre team), but he’ll have far better coaching at GU. It’ll be up to him to turn the corner, and GU nation will cheer him on in the process.

BobZag
08-29-2018, 07:46 AM
No talk about Tillie, either. You know, that French guy.

raise the zag
08-29-2018, 07:46 AM
needs meat on bones, seasoning, and work on perimeter skills. surprising athletic ability, average shooter, ball handler, but has good length, defense, and height for current position.

could develop into an intriguing wing.

still 2 yrs away, think of Greg Foster coming in with Anton Watson, Brock Ravet, et al.

zag67
08-31-2018, 06:50 PM
I will also agree with raise the zag.

With Anton, Brock, and Greg that is a super core to go with Ayayi, Petrusev,Larsen, Clarke (I hope), Corey, and Zach (I hope).

Plus any more that come in. that is a great group to build around.