PDA

View Full Version : 2019 - Jaden Shackleford - Committed to Alabama

doctorzag
08-24-2018, 04:27 PM
2019 Shooting guard will officially visit Gonzaga October 13.

doctorzag
08-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Has set up visits with Kansas State, Alabama, Pepperdine, Tulane and us. Four star ranked 114 on 247

HenneZag
08-24-2018, 07:12 PM
https://youtu.be/xFbOgFxFCFc

thespywhozaggedme
08-24-2018, 07:15 PM
We have a 2019 recruiting thread. C'mon guys, don't make the mods do extra work. Sheesh

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?63435-2019-Recruits-v-2-0

doctorzag
08-24-2018, 07:44 PM
https://youtu.be/xFbOgFxFCFc

Wow! This guy looks good. Lefty too.

cggonzaga
08-24-2018, 09:57 PM
ZN clone. Pure scorer. We need guards moving forward.

MDABE80
08-25-2018, 10:14 AM
We have a 2019 recruiting thread. C'mon guys, don't make the mods do extra work. Sheesh

Maybe thing have changed in the past 9 months and 40 pages. Might be time to refresh what we know about 2019 recruits. Lots of progress in the past year since Dec . I'd suspect many of the kids have signed elsewhere. Refresh!

WallaWallaZag
08-26-2018, 10:51 AM

i think an official visit is noteworthy enough to deserve its own thread...especially for someone who hasn't been extensively discussed over and over.

Mr Vulture
08-26-2018, 11:10 AM
I think it is worth a separate thread if a kid is visiting officially. Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZagNative
08-26-2018, 11:26 AM
I think it is worth a separate thread if a kid is visiting officially. Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkAgree 100%.

Mantua
08-26-2018, 11:51 AM

I vote for that idea.

Zagcity
08-26-2018, 02:20 PM
I vote for that idea.

I'm on board.

TexasZagFan
08-26-2018, 03:10 PM

Yes...can anyone out there tell us who committed to GU without making a visit, official or unofficial?

I've come to the conclusion a recruit isn't a recruit if he has not visited the campus. For example, Drew Timme was offered last summer during an unofficial visit to GU. That makes him a true recruit IMO.

Martin Centre Mad Man
08-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Yes...can anyone out there tell us who committed to GU without making a visit, official or unofficial?

I've come to the conclusion a recruit isn't a recruit if he has not visited the campus. For example, Drew Timme was offered last summer during an unofficial visit to GU. That makes him a true recruit IMO.

I tend to agree with that assessment. We have a great chance to land any kid who actually sets foot on campus, but little chance with kids who don’t.

Grand Valley Zag
08-26-2018, 04:21 PM
Meta.

DixieZag
08-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Count me as one who wants a thread on each individual who we are top 5 serious enough to have had the student on campus.

The kid has the most eclectic list of schools for a 4 star recruit that I believe I've ever seen.

I would really like to believe that Pepperdine and Tulane are on the list because if you have a top 3 and know that it will be one of those 3, Pepperdine and Tulane would be great schools to visit, see Malibu and New Orleans.

Alabama is an odd choice - or are they on the upswing along with Auburn? and K-State???? I am at a loss as to what a student who is interested in Gonzaga finds interesting about K-State, the coaches seem so different, the schools so different.

Maybe he's going to Pepperdine, they sure can use him. But, if he's a true 4 star quality guard and Few wants him, we need bodies bc we might well have many openings next year.

Martin Centre Mad Man
08-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Count me as one who wants a thread on each individual who we are top 5 serious enough to have had the student on campus.

I agree. There are usually a handful of prospects per recruiting cycle that are worth tracking in their own threads. In my mind, any four-star recruit that visits campus is newsworthy enough to track in his own thread.

The 2019 recruiting thread feels more like a place to discuss rumors that a Gonzaga coach was watching some kid from some high school somewhere in the country. It’s the place to report tweets from high school sophomores that they’ve “heard from” Gonzaga. Once that initial interest turns into a scholarship offer and a campus visit, I prefer to see a dedicated thread for that prospect.

ZagzKrak
08-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Boogie and him visit same weekend?

Worthington
08-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Some definite similarities to Norvell, but might be three inches shorter and a little less athletic from what I've seen. Norvell also just has that rare mentality and gamer instinct that elevates him. Nice player, but I'm not sure I would offer.

sittingon50
08-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Boogie and him visit same weekend?

Looks like it.

Weekend AFTER Kraziness it appears, which is a bummer.

maynard g krebs
08-26-2018, 09:51 PM
Alabama is an odd choice - or are they on the upswing along with Auburn?

Avery Johnson/Collin Sexton. As to Pepp, Romar has gotten a lot of guards to the pros who didn't necessarily project there.

ZagsGoZags
08-26-2018, 10:24 PM
Let the mods decide.
They have all the variables going at once on their table.
We have a couple of opinions each, and do not know all the responsibilities involved.
Giving our individual opinions, great.
proposing solutions to the whole problem lets slow down and be prudent ......
Let the administrators do what they feel is needed,
merge or separate,
and I support their decision
just my personal view on this

caldwellzag
08-27-2018, 08:03 AM
Here is an interesting question, that I have not found an answer to, but have we offered Shackleford? Is this one of those offers like we did with Foster last year?

cggonzaga
08-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Here is an interesting question, that I have not found an answer to, but have we offered Shackleford? Is this one of those offers like we did with Foster last year?

Yes we offered.

caldwellzag
08-27-2018, 09:40 AM
Yes we offered.

I assumed we did, but could not find it anywhere, then was wondering if it was similar to Foster's offer where it depends on what others decide.

bdmiller7
08-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Jaden is 94 on the latest ESPN 100.

Reborn
08-29-2018, 06:41 AM
Wow! This guy looks good. Lefty too.

He looked like Brock Ravet. Almost a mirror image.

GrizZAG
08-29-2018, 07:30 AM
His vid is nice but what are his stats? Great high release, left-hander and the floater is sweet. His back up jumper is awesome too. The video makes him look enticing that's for sure, but highlights of one's best moves of the season are cherry picked of course.
I support separate threads for the most interesting talented recruits that are visiting.