PDA

View Full Version : Duke coaching Barrett and other players on how NBA scouts watch their Twitter posts

ZagsGoZags
08-24-2018, 02:48 AM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24401789/duke-blue-devils-zion-williamson-look-scary-canada-tour

There are two video reports on Duke, the first on how good Duke looked in its Canada tour,
but,
the the second video report shows automatically when the first one expires.
The second video report does not seem to have its own url address. It's title is "Barrett learns how he can be perceived on social media"

What surprised me is that the coaching staff is advising players on what to post on social media, to better match criteria NBA scouts use in evaluating players by analyzing their posts. They seem to look for well rounded posts on many topics, not players just posting about themselves all the time.

I wonder if Coach Few would scoff at the suggestions we do the same type of coaching?
or
if we already do social media analytics and coaching?

Date of second video Aug 17, 2018

TexasZagFan
08-24-2018, 04:40 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if the players police themselves. OTOH, that's a built-in advantage of playing in Spokane, where the media scrutiny isn't as intense as it is at Duke.