PDA

View Full Version : What is one quirky thing that you do that you believe helps the Zags win

Reborn
08-23-2018, 07:36 AM
I put 3 exclamation points after GoZags. And in fact typing the whole thing GoZags!!! Is what I do. I started typing this many years ago, and each year we get better. When I first started this quirky thing, some Gu posters really started giving me sh?? for my obsession to continue to type those three !!!.

Go Zags!!!

scrooner
08-23-2018, 08:38 AM
We rub Gnomey in my house.

http://shop.gozags.com/catalog/product/Gonzaga_Bulldogs_Basketball_Gnome_Figurine

gozagswoohoo
08-23-2018, 08:51 AM
I will switch viewing positions if things aren't going 'our' way. If the zags are on a scoring drought or something, I might get up and stand behind the couch. Or I might lay on the floor. Or start smashing a frying pan over my head. They have all been successful at times.

2wiceright
08-23-2018, 09:11 AM
I will switch viewing positions if things aren't going 'our' way. If the zags are on a scoring drought or something, I might get up and stand behind the couch. Or I might lay on the floor. Or start smashing a frying pan over my head. They have all been successful at times.

Hey Woohoo, are you sure it isnít your pretty little wife hitting you over the head with The frying pan [emoji505]???? Ha haÖ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gozagswoohoo
08-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Hey Woohoo, are you sure it isn’t your pretty little wife hitting you over the head with The frying pan [emoji505]???? Ha ha…

You may be on to something!

zagamatic
08-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Anything I can do to keep my feet warm. I kid you not, once my feet get cold, the boys always go cold.

Reborn
08-23-2018, 10:44 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha hah thanks for a very good laugh. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Reborn
08-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Anything I can do to keep my feet warm. I kid you not, once my feet get cold, the boys always go cold.

Thanks for a good laugh.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Reborn
08-23-2018, 10:45 AM
We rub Gnomey in my house.

http://shop.gozags.com/catalog/product/Gonzaga_Bulldogs_Basketball_Gnome_Figurine

What's Gnomey?

DixieZag
08-23-2018, 12:35 PM
I switch channels and stop watching the game. I don't know how many times the guys have been playing terribly, fallen behind, and I decided "It's me" and turned the channel. I'll text my dad or bro to tell me when they've come back. The OFTEN do come roaring back once I have turned the channel.

I don't know how many wins this team has due to my determination that I am negatively impacting their play, and turning it off.

tyra
08-23-2018, 12:44 PM
I turn the game on.

ZagaholicPodcast
08-23-2018, 12:53 PM
I exist.

Martin Centre Mad Man
08-23-2018, 01:23 PM
I yell at the refs. I’m pretty sure they can hear me from my living room in New England.

My kids hate me during basketball season...so do my neighbors...and the cat...especially since so many of these games play past midnight in my part of the country.

Mantua
08-23-2018, 01:38 PM
I walk away from the tv for a minute when I lose my confidence...but rarely need to.

tinfoilzag
08-23-2018, 02:02 PM
I don't wear Zag's gear on gameday. If they lose, it's probably because I brushed against a T-shirt/sweatshirt/hat at sometime during the day.

Sorry for those loses, I'll try to be more diligent in the future.

phxfireflames
08-23-2018, 02:14 PM
I switch out my black Zags Uni for the blue one. I know I know, but black looks cooler

Reborn
08-23-2018, 02:50 PM
I switch channels and stop watching the game. I don't know how many times the guys have been playing terribly, fallen behind, and I decided "It's me" and turned the channel. I'll text my dad or bro to tell me when they've come back. The OFTEN do come roaring back once I have turned the channel.

I don't know how many wins this team has due to my determination that I am negatively impacting their play, and turning it off.

Thanks DixieZag. I'm so glad to hear it works. Whatever it takes. Right?

Go Zags!!!

RenoZag
08-23-2018, 03:09 PM
I never wear any red Zags' gear on game days. Navy blue. Preferrably a hoody.

GoZags
08-24-2018, 05:00 AM

You rock the navy blue Zag's hoodie .... at least you did at the U.S. Open (in the morning ... before it got hot)

raise the zag
08-24-2018, 05:43 AM
I take a tequila shot.

No joke.

Normally, I never drink the stuff, but keep it around solely for Gonzaga game days when the team is behind or in a drought, and needs a "rally shot".

Matter of fact, maybe the board should join me in this occasion?

60% of the time, it works every time.

LongIslandZagFan
08-24-2018, 06:07 AM
I yell at the refs. Iím pretty sure they can hear me from my living room in New England.

My kids hate me during basketball season...so do my neighbors...and the cat...especially since so many of these games play past midnight in my part of the country.

LOL... we should watch games together... maybe our collective roar will be heard by the refs. My wife is fond of pointing out that the Zags are dominating when I yell at the refs and reminding me that they cannot actually hear me. My response is... I know they are winning... it is the principle... and I am quite sure they can hear me.

stevet75
08-24-2018, 06:12 AM
As a fan I feel it is my duty to give 100% 100% of the time. I imagine every shot going in, every rebound being controlled by our guys, etc.
I will not go get a beer or head to the bathroom until a break. If I let down, I let down the team.
My wife thinks I might be crazy and our dog is sure of it.

Reborn
08-24-2018, 06:14 AM
I'm really enjoying these posts. I'm LMAO. :lmao::lmao::lmao: A good way to start the day.

TexasZagFan
08-24-2018, 06:45 AM
I'm going all out this year...instead of no sex the day before the game, I'm swearing off sex from Midnight Madness through the rest of the season.

Book your tickets to Minneapolis now! :lmao:

willandi
08-24-2018, 07:23 AM
I'm going all out this year...instead of no sex the day before the game, I'm swearing off sex from Midnight Madness through the rest of the season.

Maybe you could get your wife to lend a hand!

I understand the importance of what we drink during the game, so I try to keep a good selection and adjust as needed. "Beer on whiskey, mighty risky, whiskey on beer, never fear". I start with beer!

Reborn
08-24-2018, 10:23 AM

Wow. Now that's a real sacrifice. I'm sure the Zags are so proud of you. I know I am. Wonderful sacrifice. Good luck.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn
08-24-2018, 10:28 AM
As a fan I feel it is my duty to give 100% 100% of the time. I imagine every shot going in, every rebound being controlled by our guys, etc.
I will not go get a beer or head to the bathroom until a break. If I let down, I let down the team.
My wife thinks I might be crazy and our dog is sure of it.

All true-blue fans ARE crazy. That's why I wanted to start this thread. Just to see who's open with us about their idiosyncrasies. I know that to many of you my 3 exclamation points seem so small, but honestly I have been doing this for probably 5 or 6 years, and it has driven fans here nuts. To do such a small thing, over and over, for years, never missing even when being challenged. I believe that this proves my insanity, when it comes to a basketball game with a team you love.

Go Zags!!!

kyle dixon
08-24-2018, 11:12 AM
The Erroll Knight pull the chair out on defense maneuver. Been passed down to the next Zag generation. I know it is a key to winning...

zaguarxj
08-24-2018, 02:10 PM
Ok, I'll be the Debbie Downer and say it: I don't believe in magic. Go Zags!

NotoriousZ
08-24-2018, 02:56 PM
I take a tequila shot.

No joke.

Normally, I never drink the stuff, but keep it around solely for Gonzaga game days when the team is behind or in a drought, and needs a "rally shot".

Matter of fact, maybe the board should join me in this occasion?

60% of the time, it works every time.

Maybe itís time for Colt 45.

NotoriousZ
08-24-2018, 03:01 PM

I used to have a lucky red Zags shirt. It worked well for a year or two, then it lost us two in a row and hasnít been seen since.

Bouldin4Prez
08-24-2018, 03:19 PM
Every time I watch the game by myself, the Zags win. It feels like whenever I watching with family or friends they lose. There is no substantiated evidence to back this up but i know it's 100% fact.

maynard g krebs
08-24-2018, 03:59 PM
I have taken up making dolls of modeling clay with an opposing player's number affixed to each. If the player whose number is on a particular doll starts going off, sharp needles are involved. That's all I'll say, except that there is no truth to the rumors of headless chickens found in my immediate vicinity the morning after games.

kitzbuel
08-24-2018, 04:23 PM
I never wear any red Zags' gear on game days. Navy blue. Preferrably a hoody.I pretty much always wear my favorite red Gonzaga Basketball t-shirt. It's only 12 years old now.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

MontanaCoyote
08-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Do everything to the count 5, 11 or 21, except for #24 for Karno. Never claimed to have grown up, but I know this helps the Zags......I just know it!