PDA

View Full Version : How many minutes and ppg will the top 8 players get next year

Reborn
08-23-2018, 07:27 AM
1. Rui: 16 points and 30 minutes per game
2. Norvell: 14 ppg and 33 minutes per game
3. Geno: 12 ppg and 30 minutes per game
4. Tillie; 11 ppg and 26 minutes per game
5. Perkins: 10 points per game and 30 minutes per game
6. Clarke: 10 ppg and 26 minutes per game
7. Kispert: 6 ppg and 15 minutes per game
8. Petrusev: 4 ppg and 10 minutes per game

I do not know who the starting five will be. These 7 of these 8 players could start (not Petrusev). I am very excited to see who the starters will be.

Go Zags!!!

caldwellzag
08-23-2018, 07:37 AM
1. Norvell 15 ppg and 35 min
2. Rui 14 ppg and 33 min
3. Clarke 13.5 ppg and 32 min
4. Tillie 10 ppg and 27 min
5. Geno 10 ppg and 33 min
6. Perk 8 ppg and 31 min
7. Kispert 5 ppg and 16 min
8. Filip 5 ppg and 10 min
9. Ayayi 2 ppg and 12 min
10. Larson 2 ppg and 8 min
11. Jones 1 ppg and 6 min

LTownZag
08-23-2018, 07:39 AM
Perkins floor time will be higher than Geno, and probably higher than Norvell. (Unless his surgery recovery has him limited early)

1. Perkins - 33m 12point
2. Crandall - 25m 10points
3. Norvell - 29m 15pts
4. Rui - 31m 20pts
5. Tillie - 30m 14pts
6. Clarke - 23m 13pt
7. Ck - 12m 6pts
8. Petrusev - 10m 4 pts

9 - ~10m/game between JJ, Larsen, Ayayi, and walkons

We'll average 94pts (unless a bunch of our games are massive early blowouts and we sub in JJ, Larsen, Ayayi, and walkons)

Bogozags
08-23-2018, 07:52 AM

I do not know who the starting five will be. These 7 of these 8 players could start (not Petrusev). I am very excited to see who the starters will be.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn,

Please explain why you (and many others on this board agree) disregard Jacob Larsen...so in essence you believe he won't be playing...it seems to me that maybe you believe the writing is on the wall is for him and he should to transfer?

Again, no one has confirmed or given any reason his minutes were limited the last half of the season...was it injuries or just a complete lack of ability to play at the D1 level? No one has given an official response but so may just disregard him as a non-entity and no one can provide any specifics on why! Filip might well be a really good player and get quality minutes more than Larsen but he has not play one single minute against D1 players in a single college game!

I think you write him off way to early and I can't understand why, unless you know something that we other board members may not...

ZagaholicPodcast
08-23-2018, 08:33 AM
Until I see a reason that the staff would adjust get a more balanced mpg distribution, I think you're going to see something similar to the Final Four year roster.

@Bogo - At least from my perspective, Larsen is talented, Larsen is capable...but Larsen has to be able to either a. get over his injuries, physically b. get over his injuries, mentally or c....both. If any combination of those get in his way, he's going to be missing the ability to be productive on the court. And unless Petrusev's summer play doesn't translate well to the collegiate level during his freshman campaign, Jakob isn't going to have much room for error.

Oh, and if Clarke, Kispert and Petrusev are your 6/7/8 in mpg then you will want to buy your Natty game tix now. Seriously.

cggonzaga
08-23-2018, 09:24 AM

Go Zags!!!

Think this is pretty spot on except I’d replace Petrusev with Larsen.

kitzbuel
08-23-2018, 09:31 AM
Reborn,

Please explain why you (and many others on this board agree) disregard Jacob Larsen...so in essence you believe he won't be playing...it seems to me that maybe you believe the writing is on the wall is for him and he should to transfer?

Again, no one has confirmed or given any reason his minutes were limited the last half of the season...was it injuries or just a complete lack of ability to play at the D1 level? No one has given an official response but so may just disregard him as a non-entity and no one can provide any specifics on why! Filip might well be a really good player and get quality minutes more than Larsen but he has not play one single minute against D1 players in a single college game!

I think you write him off way to early and I can't understand why, unless you know something that we other board members may not...I think by virtue of the fact that Larsen did not get substantial minutes with no explanation provides justification for thinking his minutes will be limited next season. It would be more difficult to make this assumption if we knew clearly that his minutes were restricted because of injury.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Mr Vulture
08-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Norvell - 15ppg and 30 minutes
Rui - 14ppg and 25 minutes
Clarke - 12ppg and 30 minutes
Tillie - 12ppg and 30 minutes
Geno - 10ppg and 25 minutes
Perkins - 10ppg and 30 minutes
Kispert - 6ppg and 20 minutes
Petrusev - 5ppg and 10 minutes

Mr Vulture
08-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Reborn,

I think you write him off way to early and I can't understand why, unless you know something that we other board members may not...

My reasoning is as simple that there just aren't going to be a lot of minutes available for him considering that Rui, Tillie, and Clarke are clearly better players. It is conceivable that he beats out Petrusev for playing time or that Petrusev could RS (unlikely I think)

Reborn
08-23-2018, 10:41 AM
Reborn,

That's a good question, Bogozags. For it depends of whether Rui plays at the 3 or 4. I have him playing mostly at the 4 and some at the 3. If he plays mostly at the 4, than Few already has 4 bigs plaing: Tillie, Clark, Rui, and Petrusev. If Rui plays most of his minutes at the 3 than I do think Few will play Larsen at the five. Few really could go with Rui at the 3 and Larsen at the five (back up).

I thought Larsen would be the big at the 5 when he first came to Gonzags. I got discouraged because for some unknown reason Few has not played him much, and I don't know why, but there is some reason. Using my imagination, I come up with that he's too slow to fit into a faster tempo that the Zags are now playing at. I also believe he is not a good shot blocker for his size. I also believe it could be an injury and if its better he could play more. Petruseve, on the other hand, is very quick, jumps like a kangeroo, runs the floor like a Greyhound (dog). He also has a good outside shot, and in my opinion a good shot blocker and rebounder. He is very athletic and has all kinds of moves down low. IMO he's very canny. Hope this helps you.

Go Zags!!!

MDABE80
08-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Larsen's been injured quite a bit. I don't think he's a front liner in our bigs lineups because we have not seen enough of him in games. He's got the size and is a good athlete but until he's consistently available he'll be a question mark. The other bigs perform well and we have confidence in them.

Bogozags
08-23-2018, 02:54 PM
That's a good question, Bogozags. For it depends of whether Rui plays at the 3 or 4. I have him playing mostly at the 4 and some at the 3. If he plays mostly at the 4, than Few already has 4 bigs plaing: Tillie, Clark, Rui, and Petrusev. If Rui plays most of his minutes at the 3 than I do think Few will play Larsen at the five. Few really could go with Rui at the 3 and Larsen at the five (back up).

I thought Larsen would be the big at the 5 when he first came to Gonzags. I got discouraged because for some unknown reason Few has not played him much, and I don't know why, but there is some reason. Using my imagination, I come up with that he's too slow to fit into a faster tempo that the Zags are now playing at. I also believe he is not a good shot blocker for his size. I also believe it could be an injury and if its better he could play more. Petruseve, on the other hand, is very quick, jumps like a kangeroo, runs the floor like a Greyhound (dog). He also has a good outside shot, and in my opinion a good shot blocker and rebounder. He is very athletic and has all kinds of moves down low. IMO he's very canny. Hope this helps you.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn, Kitzbuel and Mr. Vulture...Thanks for responding!

Since none of us know if his play was reduced due to injury or lack of speed or lack of athleticism then he is an unknown entity at this time...we will know in November how things shake out...

I just want to re-assert one more time that Rui will be the most difficult player to defend for everyone that will play us..that includes Duke, UNC, AZ, etc.

When Rui plays the three, with Clarke & Tillie at the 4 & 5, then I believe this will be our most formidable front court...so here is hoping Jacob is ready to play along with Filip which will give us enormous depth, especially when we play the "Big Boys"...

GO ZAGS!!!!

GonzaGAW
08-23-2018, 06:21 PM
wanted to get my numbers in without reading other thoughts, anyway here goes.
1. perkins 30 and 13
2. norvell 30 and 18
3. clark 25 and 13
4. rui 25 and 13
5. Tillie 22 and 13
6. geno 22 and 8
7. petresev 15 and 6
8. kispert 15 and 6

this comes to 184 minutes and 82 points. allows 16 minutes for ayayi and Larsen and the deep bench and another 5 point for total of 87 points per game

Reborn
08-23-2018, 08:57 PM
wanted to get my numbers in without reading other thoughts, anyway here goes.
1. perkins 30 and 13
2. norvell 30 and 18
3. clark 25 and 13
4. rui 25 and 13
5. Tillie 22 and 13
6. geno 22 and 8
7. petresev 15 and 6
8. kispert 15 and 6

this comes to 184 minutes and 82 points. allows 16 minutes for ayayi and Larsen and the deep bench and another 5 point for total of 87 points per game

Mmmmm I'm counting 90 ppg for the Zags. Unrealistic, Allso there are 200 minutes.

cggonzaga
08-23-2018, 11:26 PM
Mmmmm I'm counting 90 ppg for the Zags. Unrealistic, Allso there are 200 minutes.

These are averages born. Players don’t make their averages every game.

jazzdelmar
08-24-2018, 03:48 AM
Norvell - 15ppg and 30 minutes
Rui - 14ppg and 25 minutes
Clarke - 12ppg and 30 minutes
Tillie - 12ppg and 30 minutes
Geno - 10ppg and 25 minutes
Perkins - 10ppg and 30 minutes
Kispert - 6ppg and 20 minutes
Petrusev - 5ppg and 10 minutes

There you go. All others are in the “none,” “scant” or blowout category. This adds to 200, nice work Vultsh.

NotoriousZ
08-24-2018, 09:47 AM
1. Perkins 32 and 14
2. Geno 27 and 8
3. Norvell 28 and 17
4. Rui 30 and 17
5. Tillie 24 and 12
6. Clarke 25 and 10
7. Kispert 18 and 9
8. Petrusev 15 and 7

Having Perks and Geno share the point will allow Perkins to score much more. Snacks is our volume shooter, but I guess we can live with that. Rui is Rui. Iím not discounting Larsen, itís possible he can get into the top 8, but Petrusev looks very capable right now.

gonstu
08-24-2018, 10:23 AM
These are averages born. Players don’t make their averages every game.

It would still mean zags avg 90 per game - that's not happening.

Markburn1
08-24-2018, 11:48 AM
It would still mean zags avg 90 per game - that's not happening.

You are assuming that every player on that list plays every game. You aren't accounting for injuries, sickness, etc.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/gonzaga/2018.html

Add the numbers for last year.

MPG add up to 211.

PPG add up to 86.6

Obviously there were only 200 MPG per game. Overtimes skew the numbers a bit, but I'm not going to do the math.

Zags actually scored 83.5 per game.

gonstu
08-24-2018, 03:23 PM
You are assuming that every player on that list plays every game. You aren't accounting for injuries, sickness, etc.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/gonzaga/2018.html

Add the numbers for last year.

MPG add up to 211.

PPG add up to 86.6

Obviously there were only 200 MPG per game. Overtimes skew the numbers a bit, but I'm not going to do the math.

Zags actually scored 83.5 per game.

Got it! Numbers :(

I am not a math guy!

cggonzaga
08-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Got it! Numbers :(

I am not a math guy!

Yes, just because a guy averages 10ppg doesn’t mean he scores 10 points in every game.