PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Duke Hype Machine

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-20-2018, 05:37 AM
Anyone else noticing ESPN’s blatant preference for all things Duke basketball seems to have reached a whole new level the past few weeks? Granted they have some of the top freshmen talent in the nation led by RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson but good grief. Check out their men’s bball home page, particularly the videos. Unbelievable how blatantly they skew all coverage towards the Dukes and how much Duke is dominating their coverage of the sport. Makes me wanna puke ��

scrooner
08-20-2018, 07:38 AM
Well, Duke HAS played 3 games already. In August.

If we face them in the Maui Invitational, they will have played 9 games already, while we'll have played 3.

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-20-2018, 08:35 AM

If we face them in the Maui Invitational, they will have played 9 games already, while we'll have played 3.

This I know. Point is that many D1 men’s hoops teams have games during summer abroad tours yet ESPN has very little to no coverage of them as opposed to the Duke saturation they give us.

Mantua
08-23-2018, 02:00 PM

I just looked up Duke's schedule and searched this board to see if this was reported. I missed it, but now I’m outraged that Duke will have such an unfair advantage.

Mojo13
08-24-2018, 11:14 AM
No unfair advantage - every NCAA team is allowed a summer trip abroad once every 4 years. This summer is Duke's turn along with a load of other teams. I'm not following too closely but UK had a tournament in the Bahamas and Michigan is currently playing pro teams in Spain.