PDA

View Full Version : O.T. Carleton University in Canada beat South Dakota State by 62 points

thespywhozaggedme
08-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Daum was in a bit of foul trouble yesterday. Still Carleton won very comfortably while missing two key starters. 610 Eddie Ekiyor who originally signed with Xavier had 35 points and double digit rebounds yesterday vs. Daum and SDSU

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/08/11/canadian-powerhouse-carleton-is-destroying-american-college-teams-again/

thespywhozaggedme
08-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Carleton beat Maryland Eastern Shore 98-55 last night to finish the CanAm Shootout with a 5-0 record vs. NCAA schools. They beat Cincinnati by 19, Ole Miss by 18, South Dakota State by 62 and 19 and Eastern Shore by 43. They are 15-2 vs. NCAA schools last season and this

stretch
08-19-2018, 03:34 PM
I am wondering if Coach K was purposefully ducking Carleton on his Duke Canada tour? Duke would likely win in a preseason matchup with the Ravens but maybe the Duke people did not want better competition than Ryerson, U of T, and McGill could provide. This is all speculation on my part. It was nice to watch college basketball in August!

Mojo13
08-24-2018, 11:11 AM
I am wondering if Coach K was purposefully ducking Carleton on his Duke Canada tour? Duke would likely win in a preseason matchup with the Ravens but maybe the Duke people did not want better competition than Ryerson, U of T, and McGill could provide. This is all speculation on my part. It was nice to watch college basketball in August!

That's the rumor in Canada. Media was saying Carleton's coach and admin were doing everything in their power to play Duke, but Duke was having no part of it.

Carleton is a legit team, but they play with a big, big, chip on their shoulder for these NCAA games. Most of these players were passed over by NCAA Div 1 schools, or didn't pan out and transferred back to Canada after a year or two.
UPlay (Canada's NCAA) players tend to be a little bit older with 5 years eligibility and not too many leave as underclassmen. They are better trained with no limits on practice time, well coached, and typically more experienced and more disciplined than most NCAA teams. They can typically do much more with less raw talent. And although they don't produce NBA talent, they send a load of guys around the world to top professional leagues. You'll see a number show up in NBA Summer leagues and G League play, but so far no one has broken through to the NBA. Carleton is the cream of the crop in Canada - like UCLA in the 60s/70s dynasty and have been taking NCAA scalps for years.