PDA

View Full Version : OT: Injured Puppy

Qhall43
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3090607

I know it doesn't really affect us anymore, but I'm a terrible person and enjoy watching them suffer sometimes...

GoZags
11-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I hate to see any kid get hurt -- particularly a hardworking, local kid like Appleby.

That being said -- it didn't bother me at all to see the results of the pre-season writers poll come out yesterday -- the Huskies are picked 8th (I think that's what they finished at last year). It also doesn't disappoint me to see the aggressive nature in which they are trying to sell tickets to games at their gym. And to think -- two years ago it was the toughest ticket in town.

zagmantis2001
11-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Bad form to celebrate the injury of an individual player. Hope he gets better soon.

However, it is perfectly acceptable to hope the huskies loses every game this year. I can't stand UW because of its fans, much like they despise GU because of its fans. A good rivalry gone down the tubes.

There was some post over at the UW board that they attended the open UW practice (they estimated 800 students) where Romar commented that it didn't make sense to schedule GU this year. What a joke. Also compare the attendance--800??? to the open scrimmage at the Kennel. There must have been 4,500 to 5,000 people there.

sittingon50
11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey, cut LoRo some slack. He is absolutely correct that it doesn't make sense to schedule GU. Those shellackings can really hurt the psyche of an already broken team.

wazZag
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
But...he's a good recruiter!

Seriously though, thats too bad about Appleby, hopefully he gets back out there soon.

Qhall43
11-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah, let me clarify. I don't wish injury on any athlete. My pleasure comes from LoRo's team failing, not from watching Appleby go down. But without him droppin threes, I think they might lose to one of their cupcakes and this would be very satisfying :D

finechina2003
11-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Am I totally in the minority? While I am a huge Zags fan, far and above any other team, I cheer second for the Cougars and third for the Huskies. I guess I feel an allegiance to our state and my dream final four would include the Cougars, Huskies and Zags ... with Gonzaga winning it all!

Rubbadub
11-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Am I totally in the minority?

Yes...i do believe you are.

lawzag
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I hate to see any kid injured. That being said, I do hope that Appleby's absence leads to additional losses! :)

Hank
11-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I hate to see any kid injured. That being said, I do hope that Appleby's absence leads to additional losses! :)

What a devastating blow it is for the Huskies to have the "best shooter in the nation" injured.:) Just to avoid bad karma, I do wish Apple a speedy recovery.

former1dog
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Hoping Appleby recovers quickly and completely - Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Well wishes for the Huskies in general and the success of that club - Boooooooooooooooooooo!