PDA

View Full Version : OT: What is your greatest accomplishment ever, in the history of the world?

gozagswoohoo
08-03-2018, 12:56 PM
We don't have a whole lot of off-season left, but I'd like to get to know some of my fellow posters a bit more while I have the chance to squeeze this thread onto the main forum!

I know we've got a world-famous heart surgeon on here, some former zags, some authors, etc.

I'd like to know what you're famous for, or what you would consider to be your GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT!! Let's hear it folks. Don't be bashful.

I'll start- I shot a (very amateur) documentary on my late-grandfather. It took 2 years to shoot and edit. I give/gave it away for free to raise money for a scholarship that had previously been established in his name. The documentary is nothing spectacular, and it really didn't raise ALL that much money, but it took a SIGNIFICANT amount of work (honestly, 50x more than I had ever imagined it would), and I got to know so many awesome people during the process. I also got to know so much more about my grandfather, who died 4 months after I was born. So, while the documentary itself may not be a big accomplishment, it's definitely something I'm probably the most proud of.

Rangerzag
08-03-2018, 01:16 PM
I know GoZags WooHoo!!!!!!!! ;^)

IowaSERE
08-03-2018, 01:25 PM
I was a Survival Instructor in the Air Force, and was stationed at Fairchild from 95-99. Thats when I started following the Zags. Have every since.

My son followed in my footsteps and is a Marine and is stationed in Hawaii.

sittingon50
08-03-2018, 01:36 PM
My greatest accomplishment is raising 3 kids to adulthood & they all turned out great. Not a single day of trouble with 2 of them (GU grads & Kennel Clubbers) & only one day I had an issue with the other.

Second? Spent the better part of 3 years hitching around the U.S. & Canada in the mid-'70's & never got seriously hassled.

willandi
08-03-2018, 01:36 PM
My daughter, hands down.

MDABE80
08-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Woohoo...we have 3 months left in the off season. Let's have peace and no issues like big fights. Amen to that.

zagsfanforlife
08-03-2018, 02:10 PM
As an infant I survived Open Heart Surgery after multiple heart complications. More an accomplishment by God's grace than my own, but I am sure thankful for it.

Secondly, I would hope that so far in my life i have been a good friend, son, and brother. If so, I would chalk that up to my great accomplishment list above all.

Reborn
08-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Winning a state championship in high school for Marquette HS, and going undefeated.
Receiving a scholarship from Gonzaga and starting as a combo guard for 3 years.
Creator and founder of the first Alternative School in Washington St., and one of the first in USA. We now have 6 Alternative Educational Programs in Yakima, and I'm sure nearly every school district has at least one Alternative Program in our state. The bigger the city the more alternative schools. Having two sons, and six grandkids with my name at the end. Finally, I wrote my first book and got it published about 3 or 4 months ago.

I agree with you Woo Hoo. It's nice to know these kinds of things about others, and especially about GU grads. Give all thanks for any thing I can do that's good to God, my family, my school, Marquette HS, and Gonzaga U. Gonzaga had a huge influence on me and my life. I am forever grateful to the Jesuits.

Go Zags!!!

maynard g krebs
08-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Given the state of the planet these days, I'm gonna go with planting around 250,000 baby trees back in my youth.

maynard g krebs
08-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Having (4) separate usernames on this board, each with at least 1500+ posts.

I'd never share the other names though...

They're fairly obvious, at least the two I can think of offhand. You write in the same style, and the avatars.....

TravelinZag
08-03-2018, 04:36 PM
I applaud those who rejected your ridiculous premise, accomplishments affecting world history. Most of them posted laudable achievements in their OWN history, in which they take great, and justifiable pride and satisfaction. Doubt that any of the followers and contributors of this wonderful site have changed the world. Would guess that fewer than .001 per cent meet that standard. Even less, if you count those credited with achievement someone already accomplished, or those whose “discovery” or “invention” would have occurred within a very short time had they never existed.

Do not disrespect any with any world-changing achievements. Merely suggest your premise as preposterous and unrealistic, as well as disrespectful of the real achievements of mere mortals.

scrooner
08-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Completed the Philmont Ranger Marathon in 10 hours.

GoZags
08-03-2018, 04:48 PM
I applaud those who rejected your ridiculous premise, accomplishments affecting world history. Most of them posted laudable achievements in their OWN history, in which they take great, and justifiable pride and satisfaction. Doubt that any of the followers and contributors of this wonderful site have changed the world. Would guess that fewer than .001 per cent meet that standard. Even less, if you count those credited with achievement someone already accomplished, or those whose “discovery” or “invention” would have occurred within a very short time had they never existed.

Do not disrespect any with any world-changing achievements. Merely suggest your premise as preposterous and unrealistic, as well as disrespectful of the real achievements of mere mortals.

1. Perhaps you've never met woohoo ... or read any of his posts/threads. Or if you have, I'm hopeful you haven't taken everything he's written at face value .... i.e. he doesn't really have a talking mule (at least I think he doesn't).

2. From a personal standpoint, I'll beg to differ re: your belief that no member of this board has "changed the world".

JPtheBeasta
08-03-2018, 05:11 PM
I won a writing contest in grade school about a penguin who went to the beach. It’s all been downhill from there...

Seriously, I thought getting into grad school was my biggest accomplishment until I met my wife, and had the same feeling until my daughter was born. I’m with Willandi on this one.

gozagswoohoo
08-03-2018, 06:25 PM
1. Perhaps you've never met woohoo ... or read any of his posts/threads. Or if you have, I'm hopeful you haven't taken everything he's written at face value .... i.e. he doesn't really have a talking mule (at least I think he doesn't).

Oh man, I sure hope nobody takes my posts too seriously. I’ve been super weird over the years. Haha!

gozagswoohoo
08-03-2018, 06:26 PM

I was so confused when I first read this reply. Was thinking/hoping you were being facetious, but it’s appearjng that this is possibly NOT the case. Either way, I am still confused. (Which happens a lot, so no big deal! Haha)

bartruff1
08-03-2018, 06:26 PM
I have not been convicted of a felony......so far..

gozagswoohoo
08-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Did a bunch of posts get deleted in this thread? I feel like I’ve missed something?

GrizZAG
08-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Premise is fine but most are reserved about talking about themselves and accomplishments as it may come across as bragging. People that are most accomplished feel no need to tout their achievements as their history and actions speak for themselves. However if I had a talking goat, I would indeed brag about that :)

We had a corporate exercise in Houston that was interesting that is similar to your question but slightly different. Each person attending was asked to write down something about themselves that likely no one else would have a clue about. They read them all at the end of the day and it was damn interesting I'll tell you that. You are around these people for many years and had no idea. Everything from excellence to tragedy and everything in between. Fascinating stuff.

jazzdelmar
08-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Besides family, career, etc., my most interesting gambit was while in basic at Ft. Lewis North Fort I was restricted to the local area for weekend passes. Nevertheless, I was able to sign out for Tacoma, grab a cab ride to Sea Tac, fly home on a red eye to JFK, spend 48 hours with my family, fly back to Sea Tac on a red eye, sneak into the barracks early Monday morning, sleep a few hours in my Class A's, and fall out with my platoon w/o being missed. When we all shared our weekend fun I said "I was in New York City," which no one believed, of course.

Reborn
08-03-2018, 07:49 PM
Good one Jazz

gozagswoohoo
08-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Woohoo with the big swing and a miss on this thread. Hah!

I feel like the premise has been misinterpreted a bit. I never said anything about what our posters have done to change the world (even though I believe some probably have!). I only asked what everyone’s own biggest personal accomplishment might be, or what they’ve done that they’re most proud of.

Hurry up Kraziness in the Kennel...lol

Markburn1
08-03-2018, 08:10 PM

Small acts of kindness or meanness can have a significant impact. The Ripple effect actually can and does change the world in many ways. All depends on how you choose to use God’s gifts. To diminish personal accomplishment s or shortchange them in any way doesn’t seem productive to me.

JPtheBeasta
08-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Haven’t you changed the world for the better if you leave it a better place than when you came into it? That doesn’t take much...

MDABE80
08-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Woohoo with the big swing and a miss on this thread. Hah!

I feel like the premise has been misinterpreted a bit. I never said anything about what our posters have done to change the world (even though I believe some probably have!). I only asked what everyone’s own biggest personal accomplishment might be, or what they’ve done that they’re most proud of.

Hurry up Kraziness in the Kennel...lol

Yes my friend:) I think your question in this thread gave many a reason to pause and reflect. It did me. My big question will always be "could I have done more?" or when is enough really enough. In the end, for me it's always been about contribution. A real privilege to serve and see/do things I never thought possible when I was sitting in Fr Tim O'Leary's Organic Chem class waiting to go shovel snow over at Catherine-Monica in the winter of 1968.. Whatta ride! lol Nobody could have dreamed this one up!!

I salute you Woohoo. It's a mighty topic. It's thoughtful even if it is supposed to be fun. And yes JP, that's the goal. Good thoughts.

RenoZag
08-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Looking after my family is the most significant role I've played (so far) and with the victories there have been defeats.

Being Lisa's husband and Amanda's father are my greatest accomplishments ever in the history of my world, WooHoo.

Thanks for asking.

Only 64 days until Kraziness in the Kennel. . .

MontanaCoyote
08-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Family is in a separate category, so excluding family: graduating twice from Seattle University with honors while driving delivery truck full time after having graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA (sans PE); Elected 8 times to the Montana House of Representatives, two terms as speaker of the house; Elected to the Bozeman city commission and as Bozeman mayor; Elected to Gallatin County commission and Montana Public Service (utilities) commission.

Most humbling of all selected 8 times by Bozeman High School seniors to give the traditional teachers speech at graduation.
I taught senior government. (Lowest % of A’s in social studies department, 9%).

Taught for 30 years and served in elected offices 30 years (20 years concurrently). I would give up all 30 years in political office for the 30 I taught school. I miss “my” kids and I’m getting older faster because they’re no longer in my life.

raise the zag
08-04-2018, 05:55 AM
I feel WooHoo's MS Paint skillz deserve a nod in this thread.

gozagswoohoo
08-04-2018, 06:45 AM
Appreciate these last few replies. These are the sort of things I was hoping to hear about. Very cool.

Thanks for playing along.

gozagswoohoo
08-04-2018, 06:46 AM
I feel WooHoo's MS Paint skillz deserve a nod in this thread.

It has been a while since, huh?! Haha

Bogozags
08-04-2018, 06:53 AM
I made too many left turns in life, when I should have made right turns so this may sound minuscule but as a first year Special Education (LD) teacher with 25 male students in grades 9-12, I was able to assist one student into Mainstreaming. He graduated from high school, and enlisted into the US Army and had a successful career, retiring as a MSgt. The proudest I have ever been, is when I received an email from him thanking me for making him realize his potential as a person. Needless to say, it brought tears to my eyes…until that moment, I felt my life had been wasted. It is a warm feeling to know you’ve touched someone in a positive manner. Those of you that have children, all realize that moment several times in their lives. I am envious of you and also sad, because I was never able to feel those moments.

On another note, we will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary next week, that in itself is another unexpected accomplishment. :)

Go Zags!

DixieZag
08-04-2018, 07:37 AM
I won a writing contest in grade school about a penguin who went to the beach. It’s all been downhill from there...

Seriously, I thought getting into grad school was my biggest accomplishment until I met my wife, and had the same feeling until my daughter was born. I’m with Willandi on this one.

Mine was a high school essay of the "compare/contrast" variety, I compared our high school to chicken soup. Awards, and then all downhill, tumbling even over a couple awards at GU for Ethics 301 essay, but continuing down until wife and daughter.

I will cop to one positive contribution to this site, an annual thread (a month away!), that is enjoyed/appreciated.

Reborn
08-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Thanks to all of you who have shared. I do enjoy reading about what you all have been doing with your lives. Personally, I never thought this thread was about what we have been doing to change the world, or that would affect the world. I think Woo hoo just wanted to get to know others here on the Board on another level. I really do wish that everyone would write a little bit about what you have done. Afterall, WE ARE FAMILY.

DixieZag
08-04-2018, 07:39 AM
I made too many left turns in life, when I should have made right turns so this may sound minuscule but as a first year Special Education (LD) teacher with 25 male students in grades 9-12, I was able to assist one student into Mainstreaming. He graduated from high school, and enlisted into the US Army and had a successful career, retiring as a MSgt. The proudest I have ever been, is when I received an email from him thanking me for making him realize his potential as a person. Needless to say, it brought tears to my eyes…until that moment, I felt my life had been wasted. It is a warm feeling to know you’ve touched someone in a positive manner. Those of you that have children, all realize that moment several times in their lives. I am envious of you and also sad, because I was never able to feel those moments.

On another note, we will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary next week, that in itself is another unexpected accomplishment. :)

Go Zags!

You win the internet today. That is a great post, it brought a sting to my eye reading it, nice job, and you should be proud.

gozagswoohoo
08-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Thanks to all of you who have shared. I do enjoy reading about what you all have been doing with your lives. Personally, I never thought this thread was about what we have been doing to change the world, or that would affect the world. I think Woo hoo just wanted to get to know others here on the Board on another level. I really do wish that everyone would write a little bit about what you have done. Afterall, WE ARE FAMILY.

Exactly Reborn. I think a previous poster may have only glanced at my original post and quickly formed an opinion before fully understanding what I was looking for! No worries. Glad you got it though.

And BOGO, 3 cheers for you! Amazing. You changed the world for that young man, no question.

23dpg
08-04-2018, 10:32 AM
I’ve got a few deeply personal accomplishments that I’ll keep to myself.
But I will share one thing that helped make the world a tiny bit better.
I’ve been involved in six mission trips in three different countries that performed open heart surgery on kids who otherwise would not have had access to such care.

My first time was in the Dominican Republic. As I walked in the hospital I saw a long line of families with their kids. When I asked what the line was for I was told that when people around the area heard we were in town, they brought their kids in. The line was very long. Easily more kids than we would be able to treat. I think we performed about 70 surgeries that trip. If you were kid 71, you had to survive 6 months (we were going every 6 months at the time) to be treated. Otherwise.....
If you don’t appreciate what you have, consider this.

gozagswoohoo
08-04-2018, 10:51 AM
My first time was in the Dominican Republic. As I walked in the hospital I saw a long line of families with their kids. When I asked what the line was for I was told that when people around the area heard we were in town, they brought their kids in. The line was very long. Easily more kids than we would be able to treat. I think we performed about 70 surgeries that trip. If you were kid 71, you had to survive 6 months (we were going every 6 months at the time) to be treated. Otherwise.....
If you don’t appreciate what you have, consider this.

Wow...incredible.

bballbeachbum
08-04-2018, 12:56 PM
this has become a heckuva thread. I don't know woohoo at all, many of you do evidently, but I'll add something to support what he's looking for here.
My family is the answer. It's its own level, its own everything, and others have articulated well already the reasons why that is.

But I'll share one experience, it's not at the level of some of the other amazing shares here, but in my life it was significant and it highlights why the passion burns bright, the whole butterfly effect interaction with life, outside of family.

about 40 years ago, as a swim teacher and lifeguard, just hundreds of kids I taught to swim and a bunch for lifesaving and all that back then over the years. Coolest summer job ever, at a pool with other teachers my age, all day long teaching kids to swim, in the sun, it was awesome.
But there was this one youngster who arrived having just almost drowned, was freaked out, would go crazy even getting near the pool. The owners, experienced swim instructors, tried to handle him and the poor kid was hysterical, another teacher was given a go, struggled big with him screaming and kicking. The kid was terrified.
They turned to me and somehow this 5 year old boy trusted me, this teenager, and the first day he chilled out and the rest just happened like the other kids. He learned to swim just fine, joined the swim team, and tho he wasn't any good, it didn't matter.

The butterfly effect was on me as much as anyone in that. It was such a rush to help him, and it gave me a ton of belief in myself, never looked back.

it's just one example of what a coaching life is, now having coached hundreds and hundred of kids in swimming, basketball and soccer. I know there are other coaches on this board too, such a wonderful opportunity to interact and contribute

my greatest accomplishment outside of family is gaining the confidence to successfully reach out and believe in people who maybe do not believe in themselves, and helping them (well, most of them--no one can help them all).
It's a huge dopamine rush for me, more of a lifelong accomplishment sparked by one single event, but there you go woohoo

gozagswoohoo
08-04-2018, 01:01 PM
this has become a heckuva thread. I don't know woohoo at all, many of you do evidently, but I'll add something to support what he's looking for here.
My family is the answer. It's its own level, its own everything, and others have articulated well already the reasons why that is.

But I'll share one experience, it's not at the level of some of the other amazing shares here, but in my life it was significant and it highlights why the passion burns bright, the whole butterfly effect interaction with life, outside of family.

about 40 years ago, as a swim teacher and lifeguard, just hundreds of kids I taught to swim and a bunch for lifesaving and all that back then over the years. Coolest summer job ever, at a pool with other teachers my age, all day long teaching kids to swim, in the sun, it was awesome.
But there was this one youngster who arrived having just almost drowned, was freaked out, would go crazy even getting near the pool. The owners, experienced swim instructors, tried to handle him and the poor kid was hysterical, another teacher was given a go, struggled big with him screaming and kicking. The kid was terrified.
They turned to me and somehow this 5 year old boy trusted me, this teenager, and the first day he chilled out and the rest just happened like the other kids. He learned to swim just fine, joined the swim team, and tho he wasn't any good, it didn't matter.

The butterfly effect was on me as much as anyone in that. It was such a rush to help him, and it gave me a ton of belief in myself, never looked back.

it's just one example of what a coaching life is, now having coached hundreds and hundred of kids in swimming, basketball and soccer. I know there are other coaches on this board too, such a wonderful opportunity to interact and contribute

my greatest accomplishment outside of family is gaining the confidence to successfully reach out and believe in people who maybe do not believe in themselves, and helping them (well, most of them--no one can help them all).
It's a huge dopamine rush for me, more of a lifelong accomplishment sparked by one single event, but there you go woohoo

Thanks for joining bballbeachbum. And I think you hit the nail on the head, who knows what small act could ripple into being something much more significant. You just never know, so you should always try your best and BE your best!

Martin Centre Mad Man
08-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Winning acquittals for innocent defendents in serious felony cases. I had a handful of those wins while I was defending troops in rural Louisiana.

TexasZagFan
08-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Thanks to GoZags for initiating this thread, and for the responses that have followed. I am awestruck by the members of this board.

My 3 kids are productive, law abiding citizens (save for a few speeding tickets), and my wife and I have been married 30+ years (for which a special place is reserved in heaven for her).

I've had a lot of great experiences, but impact on the world? LOL, the kids I taught for 20 years have admitted to me they don't remember anything of the year we spent together studying the Old Testament. One who admitted as much is entering her 3rd year at the University of Nottingham. What has endured is the friendship we developed in that class, and that's good enough for me.

I do recall one unique "accomplishment": during the 1980 election, my German neighbors were convinced that Ronald Reagan would start WWIII, and they were pleading with me to vote for Carter to stave off world destruction. It was a topic of discussion nearly every time I dined at the neighborhood gasthaus. 2-3 times a week, the conversation would continue, and I advocated for Reagan, on the basis of his platform to strengthen American (don't make me say "MAGA"), i.e. the world is a safer place when America is strong economically and is able to defend itself and its allies.

We were nearly 35 years removed from the end of WWII, and the older neighbors had strong recollections of living through WWII. The greatness of the education I received at Gonzaga shone through during these discussions: the foundation of World History received from Dr. Carriker, and the ability to speak for myself that was honed in Fr. Gerry Kohl's class, which was dominated by philosophy and theology majors. Fortunately, I was nearing the end of my 4th year in Germany, so I was able to explain my positions completely in German.

Shortly after Inauguration Day (and the release of the hostages), I was invited to sit at the stammtische, a table reserved for family and close friends of the family. I was floored by the honor, which I cherish to this day...ask anyone who's lived in Germany how rare it is for an American to receive such an invite.

OTOH, I'm hoping that my most significant accomplishment is yet to be achieved. It's quite possible that it will manifest itself in Big D being the first commit of the recruiting class of 2028! Sounds good to me...

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1778_zpseucqfifi.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1778_zpseucqfifi.jpg.html)

GoZags
08-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Thanks to GoZags for initiating this thread,

While I'll give you a tip o' the cap for the bulk of your post .. you were only half right in your first statement ... it was gozagswoohoo who started the thread. While it's true that I've NEVER forgiven the dude for ripping off part of my handle for his username when he joined .... the two of ARE different folks. But then you kinda knew that.

Hoopaholic
08-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Obviously my 4 kids each learned to stand on own and chase their dreams. One is HR with amazon. One a movie producer in Los Angeles one in sales for farmers and one a massage therapist each individual and I live it

Secondly is my career where I had a storybook career wanting to be a police officer since age 4. Worked patrol undercover marine unit canine hostage negotiator and swat team member spending the last 13 years as a chief being able to put my mark in many great ethical copswith many opportunities to save lives but the top is probably Gary Decker an underwater diver who was welding on a noaa ship lake union arm slid up and into the thru hole that he was working on. Ended up stuck underwater with him for 8 hours when we finally devised plan to equalize pressure and pulled him to safety list use of arm but survived
A close second would be the shootout and eventual apprehension of a gang of three take over style Bank robbers known as Hollywood bandits for their makeup wore during robberies

The last great accomplishment was coaching for almost 20 years with several kids playing in nba and many others going in to great family members and community members many I still get to see for lunch or a beer

gozagswoohoo
08-04-2018, 06:01 PM
While I'll give you a tip o' the cap for the bulk of your post .. you were only half right in your first statement ... it was gozagswoohoo who started the thread. While it's true that I've NEVER forgiven the dude for ripping off part of my handle for his username when he joined .... the two of ARE different folks. But then you kinda knew that.

Dang! I’m starting to not like this dang thread anymore! Two posters so far that I randomly find out don’t like me?!

GoZags
08-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Dang! I’m starting to not like this dang thread anymore! Two posters so far that I randomly find out don’t like me?!

Naaaah ..... you kinda grew on me. Mostly because you've got a cute kid.

DixieZag
08-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Naaaah ..... you kinda grew on me. Mostly because you've got a cute kid.

If you wanted, you could note that you live alongside someone from a family that certainly changed the nation, and human rights across the globe. You could also note that you carry on that struggle with ensuing generations. But, I'll leave it to you to decide.

In terms of "dedication" to changing the world for the better, you are in close proximity to some of the "best Americans."

TexasZagFan
08-04-2018, 07:12 PM

Could be worse...here's a photo of folks that don't like me. Half of them are in-laws, it's a huge family (six sisters-in-law).

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/ce/75/1b/splash-cafe.jpg

And please accept my sincere apologies for not crediting you with starting this great thread.

MontanaCoyote
08-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Could be worse...here's a photo of folks that don't like me. Half of them are in-laws, it's a huge family (six sisters-in-law).

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/ce/75/1b/splash-cafe.jpg

And please accept my sincere apologies for not crediting you with starting this great thread.

And it is a great thread. So many good people doing good things for others. Don’t hold back brothers and sisters. Keep ‘um
coming!

GoZags
08-04-2018, 08:30 PM
If you wanted, you could note that you live alongside someone from a family that certainly changed the nation, and human rights across the globe. You could also note that you carry on that struggle with ensuing generations. But, I'll leave it to you to decide.

In terms of "dedication" to changing the world for the better, you are in close proximity to some of the "best Americans."

While I'm proud of some folks I'm close to (and related to) I certainly can't claim any credit for their hard earned (and well deserved) place in American history
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?55991-Attaboy-Nigel-Williams-Goss-nicely-done-!!!&p=1170382#post1170382

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?55991-Attaboy-Nigel-Williams-Goss-nicely-done-!!!&p=1170427#post1170427

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?55991-Attaboy-Nigel-Williams-Goss-nicely-done-!!!&p=1170487#post1170487

That being said ... I HAVE spent time doorbelling/canvassing/telephoning for my Congressman (and my friend) prior to next week's Primary Election. But I'm just an ordinary citizen, trying to do my part in the ongoing process of Democracy.

MontanaCoyote
08-05-2018, 10:45 AM
While I'm proud of some folks I'm close to (and related to) I certainly can't claim any credit for their hard earned (and well deserved) place in American history
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?55991-Attaboy-Nigel-Williams-Goss-nicely-done-!!!&p=1170382#post1170382

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?55991-Attaboy-Nigel-Williams-Goss-nicely-done-!!!&p=1170427#post1170427

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?55991-Attaboy-Nigel-Williams-Goss-nicely-done-!!!&p=1170487#post1170487

That being said ... I HAVE spent time doorbelling/canvassing/telephoning for my Congressman (and my friend) prior to next week's Primary Election. But I'm just an ordinary citizen, trying to do my part in the ongoing process of Democracy.

Love the Gonzaga Hockey top! Explain?! Please.

DixieZag
08-05-2018, 10:48 AM

Very nice response, humble and yet also proud, as you should be. And, the work you're doing for your (our) friend is important stuff. Keep it up.