PDA

View Full Version : How many zags games will you be attending this year?

gozagswoohoo
07-20-2018, 09:05 AM
At the moment, I can only say for CERTAIN....one.

FINALLY, there is a 'drivable' game for us out here in the Midwest. The Omaho, NE game (Creighton) is a short 6 hour trek from Woohoo Estates.

Other than that, I'd say there's about a 37% chance I'll make at least Vegas or a tourney game.

How about you guys? What games do you plan on making?

strikenowhere
07-20-2018, 09:09 AM
One this year - taking a road trip from NJ with my wife & 7 year old son to see his first live game at Carolina in December!

gozagswoohoo
07-20-2018, 09:27 AM
One this year - taking a road trip from NJ with my wife & 7 year old son to see his first live game at Carolina in December!

Wow. WHAT A GAME THAT WILL BE TO SEE!!

kitzbuel
07-20-2018, 09:43 AM
I am planning on a road trip to Chapel Hill.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

GuZag2012
07-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Taking the 6 hour trip from the Twin Cities to Omaha for the Creighton game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gozagswoohoo
07-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Taking the 6 hour trip from the Twin Cities to Omaha for the Creighton game.

Hope to catch you at a pregame social!

GuZag2012
07-20-2018, 11:38 AM
Hope to catch you at a pregame social!

Definitely looking forward to cheering on the Zags & meeting a lot of fellow Zag fans in Omaha that weekend.

Pallet
07-20-2018, 11:55 AM
I will be attending up to two games this year assuming: 1) I win the ticket lottery for the final four and 2) the Zags make it.

BayAreaZagFan
07-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Put me down for 4-5. I typically make it to San Francisco, Santa Clara and Stockton, and one of the LA games (depending on the date - might be a little tougher this year, playing only once down there?), and I have tentative plans for the Tennessee game. Living in CA feels like it has more cons than pros, but getting to see the Zags play live when they visit is definitely one of the pros.

thespywhozaggedme
07-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Chapel Hill for sure, Maui.....long shot, very long.

Jakester425
07-20-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm moving back to Spokane next month, so I'm hoping for 4-5 games at least.

JAGzag
07-20-2018, 01:44 PM
I’m in DC now and a buddy of mine is a NC fan, so we’re headed to Chapel Hill. Also hope to make the Creighton game!

Zagceo
07-20-2018, 01:48 PM
2 San Jose
2 Anaheim
2 Minneapolis

ZagsGoZags
07-20-2018, 02:28 PM
october midnight madness the only chance to see they guys live for sure
with no more Battle in Seattle, and no more games in the Spokane Arena, and no more games played in Pullman,
I may drive down to Portland to see them, its my only chance, other than Vegas for the WCC tourney
Seems like the needs of the coaches and GU are at strong odds against providing venues for people like me ever seeing a game.
Portland forced me a buy 4 tickets a couple of times just to see the zags play once.

Zagdawg
07-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Or you can get tickets for $60 on Craigslist for games when the students are gone home over winter break. Or donate and get on the list to buy the extra student tickets for $25 each when the students are gone.

MDABE80
07-20-2018, 04:06 PM
2 San Jose
2 Anaheim
2 Minneapolis

I see what you've done there with Minneapolis. Me too. Omaha has my tickets waiting.

TexasZagFan
07-20-2018, 04:58 PM
I see what you've done there with Minneapolis. Me too. Omaha has my tickets waiting.

Look forward to seeing you in Omaha. For now, it looks like Big D and me. Our HS will probably still be in football playoffs, which rules out my son going with us.

It's only a ten hour drive, we'll probably head out after school on Friday, spend the night in Wichita.

SoCalZag
07-20-2018, 06:43 PM
San Diego, LMU, Anaheim, Vegas

GonzaGAW
07-20-2018, 08:24 PM
- usually around 5
- as bulldog club member, i can get an early jump on available tickets, so i usually see 3 early season ooc home games, and then usually 2 early home league games when students are on Christmas break.
- wife and i are keeping wcc vegas tourney open as a possibility, another 3 games perhaps.

BayAreaZagFan
07-21-2018, 10:53 AM
Portland forced me a buy 4 tickets a couple of times just to see the zags play once.

I had to buy a "mini-season ticket-holder" plan to be able to buy good seats to see the Zags in Stockton a couple of years ago, and both San Francisco and Santa Clara won't sell tickets to just the Zags game alone. The price of success.

TravelinZag
07-21-2018, 02:05 PM
Four to six. None in Spokane. Enough to make me feel fortunate, but still not enough!

Go Zags!

maynard g krebs
07-21-2018, 02:40 PM
I had to buy a "mini-season ticket-holder" plan to be able to buy good seats to see the Zags in Stockton a couple of years ago, and both San Francisco and Santa Clara won't sell tickets to just the Zags game alone. The price of success.

Same deal w/ Portland last I heard. I've been to 3 games at UP dating back to Dickau/Stepp/Calvary et al, but last time I checked several years ago you had to buy a 3 game pkg.

spike_jr
07-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Sort of off topic, but do we know which teams we will not be playing this year and whether or not it is at home or on the road? Just wondering due to those talking about getting tickets for GU @ Portland.

kitzbuel
07-21-2018, 08:54 PM
Sort of off topic, but do we know which teams we will not be playing this year and whether or not it is at home or on the road? Just wondering due to those talking about getting tickets for GU @ Portland.

It is here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?63189-WCC-Conference-Games-Are-Published

ZagNut08
07-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Maui Invitational and maybe @LMU/@USD.

Starting a job with a new company, previous one was blacked out for time off for WCC tourney, so may finally get a chance to go this year.

northsidezagfan
07-21-2018, 10:35 PM
I bought a single game ticket @ Portland last year...

ZagDad84
07-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Vegas Baby.

ZagDad

Sarenyon
07-22-2018, 05:54 AM
So for the first time in 22 years, we are now stationed at the center of the Army universes, Fort Bragg, NC. However, the Army has other priorities than letting me attend the GU - UNC game in Chapel Hill... So I will end up watching that game, and the rest of the season on the Armed Forces Network or streaming the radio broadcast at stupid times in the morning... Stupid ISIS.

This is going to be an exciting season though.

Zags11
07-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Depends on how many my family who has season tickets allows.

siliconzag
07-24-2018, 09:04 AM
At the moment, I can only say for CERTAIN....one.

FINALLY, there is a 'drivable' game for us out here in the Midwest. The Omaho, NE game (Creighton) is a short 6 hour trek from Woohoo Estates.

Other than that, I'd say there's about a 37% chance I'll make at least Vegas or a tourney game.

How about you guys? What games do you plan on making?

It would be the number one game for some of us. There are quite a few double alums (GU and Creighton). The Clink is a wonderful venue. It will be loud and very partisan. The alumni even know the cheers and really participate.

GU should win this game. The Jays lost Kyrhi Thomas their defensive stalwart to the NBA draft. The front court will be formidable but the backcourt inexperienced. You can never tell though, as the Jays play very well in Omaha, ask last year's National Champions.

I would like to go on record as saying the best steakhouse in the world is the 801 Chophouse. Expensive but entirely worth it. I know there will be other Zags attending that game. The Clink is practically sold out to season tickets. Wichita State fans always complained they couldn't get in for the rivalry game.

Have fun in Omaha, it is a great party town. Especially in Old Town an easy walk from the Clink.

thespywhozaggedme
07-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Chapel Hill for sure, Maui.....long shot, very long.

1, wife just called me and told me in no uncertain terms that we do not have it in the budget to go to Maui. Sigh.

Hoopaholic
07-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Maui
Illinois game
Unc if I can find two tickets
Vegas

Zagceo
07-24-2018, 03:45 PM
Fellow Zag Alum just called and confirmed condo for Maui!!!!!!!!!

:000tens:

thebigsmoove
07-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Definitely going to the game in Phoenix to see the Zags beat the Vols. Might try to take a short 6 hour jaunt to San Diego or up to Vegas to catch the WCC tourney.

RenoZag
07-25-2018, 02:14 PM
The Final Four games

( Might as well dream big or not at all . . . )

TexasZagFan
07-25-2018, 03:35 PM
1, wife just called me and told me in no uncertain terms that we do not have it in the budget to go to Maui. Sigh.

IMO, grounds for divorce: irreconcilable differences.

I don’t bug my wife over her religious trips, and she knows better than to say anything about my Zag trips, which will surely be more numerous in the next few years.

gozagswoohoo
07-26-2018, 08:19 AM

:roll:

thespywhozaggedme
07-26-2018, 09:12 AM

I don’t bug my wife over her religious trips, and she knows better than to say anything about my Zag trips, which will surely be more numerous in the next few years.

The thing is it's over our anniversary, so I tried to play that angle, making it a family vacay with the kids/anniversary trip, but she was having none of it.

thespywhozaggedme
07-26-2018, 09:13 AM
2 San Jose
2 Anaheim
2 Minneapolis

This post didn't get the recognition that it deserved. bravo. :000tens:

omahazag
07-26-2018, 11:58 AM
It would be the number one game for some of us. There are quite a few double alums (GU and Creighton). The Clink is a wonderful venue. It will be loud and very partisan. The alumni even know the cheers and really participate.

GU should win this game. The Jays lost Kyrhi Thomas their defensive stalwart to the NBA draft. The front court will be formidable but the backcourt inexperienced. You can never tell though, as the Jays play very well in Omaha, ask last year's National Champions.

I would like to go on record as saying the best steakhouse in the world is the 801 Chophouse. Expensive but entirely worth it. I know there will be other Zags attending that game. The Clink is practically sold out to season tickets. Wichita State fans always complained they couldn't get in for the rivalry game.

Have fun in Omaha, it is a great party town. Especially in Old Town an easy walk from the Clink.

Hi Sili,

Hope this finds you well. You nailed it w/ regard to Creighton's team and Omaha. Great sports town and venue. However, Creighton is no longer playing at the Clink....well, venue is the same, but now it is called the CHI Health Center Omaha...pretty weak name, but that's what $23M gets you I guess. Oh, the 801 Chophouse is great, but my steakhouse of choice is the Drover - whiskey steak is amazing.

I haven't been to a Zag game since Vegas almost 8-9 years ago. Somehow the wife got pregnant and is due in December, but you better believe I'll be at the game one way or the other (famous last words). Look forward to seeing the Zag fans invade Omaha - I'll be one of several people I feel wearing both Zag and Bluejay gear (in the end, going to be cheering on my Zags).

TexasZagFan
07-26-2018, 04:31 PM

Silk, thanks for the tip on 801. Big D has become a serious steak eater, medium rare of course.

Way O/T, but he scored a major prize at the hoops game at Legoland 30 minutes ago, drained one from at least 15 feet. The prize? A two foot in diameter donut pillow.