PDA

View Full Version : I'm in my recovery now from Prostate Cancer

Reborn
07-20-2018, 07:37 AM
Recovery is never good. It's tough. However, I realize I've gone through the first part of Radiation therapy pretty well. I'm in my 3rd day, and feeling a little more positive today. That feels good. The side effects of treatment suck, hopping I'll through these successfully. I'm looking forward to season to begin. I'm so excited. Excited to see the new players, and excited to see how Hacimura plays.

Enjoy your summer.

Go Zags!!!

Bouldin4Prez
07-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Recovery is never good. It's tough. However, I realize I've gone through the first part of Radiation therapy pretty well. I'm in my 3rd day, and feeling a little more positive today. That feels good. The side effects of treatment suck, hopping I'll through these successfully. I'm looking forward to season to begin. I'm so excited. Excited to see the new players, and excited to see how Hacimura plays.

Enjoy your summer.

Go Zags!!!

Thoughts and prayers, Reborn. Keep fighting. Love your posts, perspective and positivity on this website.

packlite
07-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Being a little positive is a great thing and important. I went thru the same thing in 2004 and have been well since. I pray the same for you. I agree, Zag bball this year can't come soon enough!

GonzagasaurusFlex
07-20-2018, 08:29 AM
Thoughts and prayers, Reborn. Keep fighting. Love your posts, perspective and positivity on this website.

+1 Wishing you well, Reborn!

MTZag03
07-20-2018, 08:30 AM
I'll keep you in my prayers Reborn. I remember when you had pancreatitis as well. You've had a lot these few years. All the best man.

Zagdawg
07-20-2018, 08:39 AM
Prayers for a full and quick recovery.

amaronizag
07-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Reborn, not sure if you had surgery, I did, and it knocked me out of commission for a full month. Every time I tried to rush it and did too much, it set me back a few days. Rest up and heal and your recovery will go faster.
Things are slow in the summer so I wish there was more info on this board to occupy your time. Write another book while you're resting up. I hope your recovery is fast and complete.

JPtheBeasta
07-20-2018, 08:47 AM
Godspeed, Reborn.

gozagswoohoo
07-20-2018, 09:02 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you Reborn!

Zagceo
07-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Godspeed .....try books on tape sitting outside in the warm weather

EEzag
07-20-2018, 09:49 AM
Godspeed .....try books on tape sitting outside in the warm weather

Thoughts and prayers.

zagbeliever
07-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Prayers for speedy recovery, Reborn. :pray:

Reborn
07-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Thanks everyone. You really cheer me up. I have been on hormonal therapy for three months to reduce the cancer size soon. Tues. I had my first radiation. Its is one dose of radiation where the doctor first puts implants and rubber tubes inside of me. They drop down 17 seeds into the rubber tubes, and they end up being right where there the physicist wants them to fall.. A plan is put together (building the plan took 4 hours) and it's very very precise and scientific. After that they shoot the radiation into the seeds. I think that's how it goes, but I could be wrong. It was hard to follow. The whole procedure took 12 hours. 4 hours. I was put to sleep for those hours so that was actually nice. The rest of the day I was conscious, and it sucked. In's called Interior Radiation Treatment. Starting in a week or so I will begin external radiation treatment which is done external to the body. A machine shoots radar into the from outside the body. I do this 5 days a week for 5 weeks.

ZagNative
07-20-2018, 11:51 AM
Wow, Reborn! Thanks so much for sharing. Counting on a good outcome for you!

Reborn
07-20-2018, 11:56 AM
I'll keep you in my prayers Reborn. I remember when you had pancreatitis as well. You've had a lot these few years. All the best man.

Yes. That was worse. And after that I had my gull bladder removed. This is a little better. And then a year later I broke my shoulder playing tennis. That was probably the worst (The recovery). I'm a pretty positive person as you know, and I have a deep faith in God (thank you GU).

thespywhozaggedme
07-20-2018, 12:42 PM

Enjoy your summer.

Go Zags!!!

Here's to a full recovery.

MDABE80
07-20-2018, 01:08 PM
Prayers and all the best to you Reborn!! If caught early, and I had to pick one cancer to get, it would be prostate CA. It's an indolent CA. Just keep your treatment up and I think you'll be fine. Again, best wishes. Keep your chin up.<-- very important;)

bartruff1
07-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Some good news is that Yakima has some of the very best cancer treatment resources in the State and are affiliate with some of the best in the world....they just put my sister's cancer into remission....one of the things that helped her deal with it was the concept of the " New Normal ".....and the fact that she only had to make a few trips to Seattle.....

LongIslandZagFan
07-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Coming out of my hiatus long enough to wish you all the best Reborn. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

VaBeachZAG
07-20-2018, 02:53 PM
Some good news is that Yakima has some of the very best cancer treatment resources in the State and are affiliate with some of the best in the world....they just put my sister's cancer into remission....one of the things that helped her deal with it was the concept of the " New Normal ".....and the fact that she only had to make a few trips to Seattle.....

Wow, that's surprising (pleasantly surprising) to hear. I've lived on the East coast for the past 40 years, but grew up in Selah. When my father needed cancer treatment in the early 70's there was only one oncologist in all of Yakima, and he was not well thought of by the cancer treatment professionals at Seattle's Virginia Mason.

bartruff1
07-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Virginia Mason is one of the associations....they take a team approach, including diet/nutrition, exercises, counseling, financial aid …..ect…. and it is a tremendous advantage to receive treatment at home with the support of your friends and family....just keep keeping on Reborn.....

MontanaCoyote
07-20-2018, 03:47 PM
You keep on keepin’ on! Treatment is tough. Have a good friend who has to do 3 hours of dialysis 3 times a week to stay alive. Day after is miserable. A real grind, physical and mental.

Post here a bunch. Lots of support and friends. You are not alone!

TexasZagFan
07-20-2018, 06:09 PM
Prayers up, Reborn! Keep us posted on your recovery.

Being diagnosed with Type II four years ago has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Forced me to turn my life around in terms of diet and exercise. The only negative so far is that I'll have to get a new picture when my drivers license comes up for renewal...my chipmunk cheeks are no more. Took the son in for his learners permit last week...we arrived at 10 AM, left at 5:55.

TexasZagFan
07-20-2018, 06:13 PM
Coming out of my hiatus long enough to wish you all the best Reborn. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

You've been gone too long, LIZF...dammit!

Reborn
07-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Thanks to you all. You can't know how much your comments mean to me. Thanks for all the support. I agree that, to my surprise, Yakima may have one of the best in the state. I never knew how "high tech" this kind of treatment is. It is individualized. TOTALLY. They spend lots of time talking to you. I feel important to them, and feel we're on a team and going to fight this thing together. Feels good. Lizf, Thanks for taking the time....means a lot. Thanks for the good advice. I think that on this one, I'm going to take your advice and listen to you. hahhahahaha I appreciate it. And to all of you, I realize our friendship. And so many of us have been on this board for one hell of a long time.....fighting for our Zags, sometimes fighting with each other. hahhahah Sounds like a healthy family.

kitzbuel
07-21-2018, 07:27 AM
I don't know if it is the same practice or not, but my dad did the same procedure in Richland. He was very impressed with the quality of care.

The little radioactive seeds are precisely implanted to have maximum effect on the cancer and minimal effect on surrounding tissue. His treatment was really successful.

Good luck with it, Reborn, I expect you to be just fine!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Zags11
07-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Keep fighting!

GonzaGAW
07-21-2018, 11:08 AM
- thx for the updates, you are respected and loved here.
- you are what its all about to be "reborn"
- Godspeed in recovery and life.

MickMick
07-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery Reborn.

Nevada Don
07-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks to you all. You can't know how much your comments mean to me. Thanks for all the support. I agree that, to my surprise, Yakima may have one of the best in the state. I never knew how "high tech" this kind of treatment is. It is individualized. TOTALLY. They spend lots of time talking to you. I feel important to them, and feel we're on a team and going to fight this thing together. Feels good. Lizf, Thanks for taking the time....means a lot. Thanks for the good advice. I think that on this one, I'm going to take your advice and listen to you. hahhahahaha I appreciate it. And to all of you, I realize our friendship. And so many of us have been on this board for one hell of a long time.....fighting for our Zags, sometimes fighting with each other. hahhahah Sounds like a healthy family.

Gaels care about your health and well-being. All of you. When it comes to things like this, we are all on the same side.

2wiceright
07-22-2018, 12:33 AM
Glad to hear recovery is going well. Everyone knows how tough a fighter you are (but kind hearted on the inside (-: ... Just one more of the Zag Family wishing you total recovery and good spirits!!! Crickets here without you!

RenoZag
07-22-2018, 06:24 AM
Wishing you a full recovery.

Martin Centre Mad Man
07-22-2018, 07:39 AM
If there is anybody who can beat this disease, it is you, Reborn. We know you are a fighter. Keep your faith and your perpetual optimism. You will beat this.

webspinnre
07-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Is this being moved to Old Dogs a commentary on your age? ;)

GU69
07-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Zag up and have a full recovery.

bballbeachbum
07-23-2018, 05:58 AM
You can do it
The Best is Yet to Come

SWZag
07-24-2018, 01:58 PM
Best of luck Reborn! Hang in there!!!