PDA

View Full Version : Fox College Sports Pacific?

former1dog
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I am correct in my research that I can't get these channels through Directv?

BoltZag
11-01-2007, 09:13 PM
As noted before (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showpost.php?p=100488&postcount=17), no. These three channels are for digital cable broadcasters only. They cannot be picked up by satellite providers.

Nevtelen
11-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm hoping to find a sports bar that carries the channel. Since most of them seem to get satellite, that might not be easy, but we'll see.

Birddog
11-02-2007, 05:08 AM
I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Fox Pacific carries anything that is not already carried by the regional Foxes. I think it is a composite, I could well be wrong though.

Birddog

thickman1
11-02-2007, 05:19 AM
I am correct in my research that I can't get these channels through Directv?

You are correct. You cannot get FCS Pacific, Central, or Atlantic via Directv or Dish Network. However, you can get the Fox Sports package that gives you every single Fox sports affiliate (around 30 or so) and that'll include FSNW which carries the GU games.

former1dog
11-02-2007, 06:05 AM
However, you can get the Fox Sports package that gives you every single Fox sports affiliate (around 30 or so) and that'll include FSNW which carries the GU games.

Yep, going on my third season with the sport package. I just don't recall these cable only games in the past. I'm pretty sure this is new this season.

Nevtelen
11-02-2007, 06:13 AM
I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Fox Pacific carries anything that is not already carried by the regional Foxes. I think it is a composite, I could well be wrong though.

Birddog

I really hope you're right, but I'm not sure. I can't find the games on FSN's website (of course, I can't find them on the FCS website either, so that might not mean anything). If I skip ahead to Nov 7th on my actual tv (I can't skip ahead far enough to see the Idaho game) no GU vs Emporia St shows up among the tv programs listed. I think that time slot is a repeat of "Air Racing" or something. In the past (like last season, when I got FCS for a while for the USD game), it was my understanding that it was a composite channel, but I think that was more of my own deduction than anything "official".

Long answer short - cross your fingers, I guess.

LongIslandZagFan
11-02-2007, 06:30 AM
I can't 100% assure you that whatever is in on the Fox College Sports channels is on Fox Sports Northwest... but I can't see why it wouldn't be. I only put those up there since GU has it listed as KHQ/TBD. Fox College Sports lists them as covered. Please note that FCS shows the Emporia game being covered where GU has no media information at all.

Its a crap shoot regardless... I'd suspect my list is about 95% right but there may be some things that end up being wrong in the end.

IIRC, last year there were some games that were live on FCS and on tape delay for FSNW because of Sonics games and such. This could explain the TBDs on GU's list.

Birddog
11-02-2007, 06:56 AM
The "exhibition" games have never been televised that I can remember.

Birddog

229SintoZag
11-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Last year, there was one game that was on FCS-Pacific that was not on Fox Sports Northwest or otherwise available on DirecTV.

I forget which game. But it did happen.

You cannot assume that whatever is on FCS will be on one of the Fox regional sports networks.

And Birddog, I believe here have been local Spokane broadcasts of the exhibition games, but this would be the first fox broadcast I can recall.

LongIslandZagFan
11-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Last year, there was one game that was on FCS-Pacific that was not on Fox Sports Northwest or otherwise available on DirecTV.

I forget which game. But it did happen.

You cannot assume that whatever is on FCS will be on one of the Fox regional sports networks.

And Birddog, I believe here have been local Spokane broadcasts of the exhibition games, but this would be the first fox broadcast I can recall.

If I expect anything to be wrong it is the exhibition game. If GU says no media, I'd have to assume no media... but FCS has it listed in the GU package for FCSP.

I'm going to dig deeper and see if I can get more detailed info.

BoltZag
11-02-2007, 08:43 AM

I forget which game..

It was @ San Diego. This will the first year of "original" programming on the Fox College Sports networks...so indeed, some MAY be broadcast only on those networks and not on FSN-NW. If it happens though, it will be rare.

LongIslandZagFan
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
It was @ San Diego. This will the first year of "original" programming on the Fox College Sports networks...so indeed, some MAY be broadcast only on those networks and not on FSN-NW. If it happens though, it will be rare.

BTW thanks again for catching the typo for me Bolt. :clap:

zagirl2k
11-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I looked on our guide for Wednesday the 7th and FCSP just has the random coaches/school shows (USC Football, Pac-10 magazine thing, etc.) listed right now. So. . .those are things that could easily be pre-empted, they are shown about 5 times a week at least, but as of right now, no Zags listed. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I will keep my eye on things and let you know if there are any changes.

FWIW, there have been times in the past where the schedule on the FCS site was correct and the guide was wrong and the game really was on, but I'm not sure if I'm counting on it for an exhibition.

st. al
11-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I can tell you for sure that GUTV is scheduled to shoot and air the game against emporia state. However, due to Few's wishes, we will not air the game until after the montana game...

JLGutrocks
11-02-2007, 11:07 PM

We won't air the exhibitions. Bummer, but fact.

Nevtelen
11-02-2007, 11:50 PM
While I would dearly love to see the exhibition, I'm more worried about the actual *games* - vs Idaho, Riverside, and Northridge. In Spokane, there's KHQ, but no such luck here in Seattle.

BoltZag
11-03-2007, 10:00 AM
We won't air the exhibitions. Bummer, but fact.

What does that have to do with my post?