• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

NABC Academic Award

This is the stuff that sets us apart from the rest of the "Blue Blood" programs out there.

The Gonzaga men’s basketball team has earned its second consecutive National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Team Academic Excellence Award.
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

It's getting near the point where Villanova should be labeled a blue blood program, and they made this list as well. Gonzaga and Nova are two programs that share so much in common (although I envy their national championships!). I would love to do an annual home and home with Jay Wright's program, but their non-league scheduling must be tricky because of their annual commitment to playing the Big 5 schools. It would probably be hard for them to commit to playing Gonzaga every year. Maybe GU could play them like GU is playing Arizona right now. By the way, it is confirmed......Gonzaga will be playing Arizona in Tucson on December 14, 2019:

The following table represents a preliminary look into the future Gonzaga basketball schedules for the 2020-21 season and beyond. See more Future and Past Gonzaga Schedules Special Notes: All times…

The return game to the Kennel is set for December 5, 2020.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      It's getting near the point where Villanova should be labeled a blue blood program, and they made this list as well. Gonzaga and Nova are two programs that share so much in common (although I envy their national championships!). I would love to do an annual home and home with Jay Wright's program, but their non-league scheduling must be tricky because of their annual commitment to playing the Big 5 schools. It would probably be hard for them to commit to playing Gonzaga every year. Maybe GU could play them like GU is playing Arizona right now. By the way, it is confirmed......Gonzaga will be playing Arizona in Tucson on December 14, 2019:

The following table represents a preliminary look into the future Gonzaga basketball schedules for the 2020-21 season and beyond. See more Future and Past Gonzaga Schedules Special Notes: All times…

The return game to the Kennel is set for December 5, 2020.
      Agree 100% with Nova being a Blue Blood by now. They do not get the respect they deserve even after winning their titles.

Comment

• kitzbuel
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
        This is the stuff that sets us apart from the rest of the "Blue Blood" programs out there.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...cademic-award/
        This award also speaks to the type of recruits that Gonzaga brings in. I know there is a lot of discussion about 'Zag Material' but the Zags do tend toward academically inclined kids and it shows. We don't really recruit dummies.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• willandi
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
          This award also speaks to the type of recruits that Gonzaga brings in. I know there is a lot of discussion about 'Zag Material' but the Zags do tend toward academically inclined kids and it shows. We don't really recruit dummies.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
          Isn't it based on the hair?
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
          X