• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOTER
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

The next ten years.

As much as we would all love to look into a crystal ball and get a glimpse at what the future holds for the Zag's, we are left only to speculate. So, let the speculation begin. Is it really possible for this amazing success to continue for the next ten years and beyond? What chance did a puny little mid-major from Spokane ever really have to begin with? Some would say the Zag's are living on borrowed time. Many have been waiting for Cinderella to fade into the night, only to be surprised year after year after year. Personally, I truly believe the future is brighter than the past for Gonzaga basketball. What do you think, and more importantly, why?
  • MedZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I think the hard part is keeping the initial momentum going. We've gotten that part over with.

We have the undying emotional and financial support of the Spokane community, the University, and the media.

I think the only thing to really deter would be a truly subpar set of years which could put a damper on the recruiting. But honestly, and I mean this as no knock on the WCC, but as long as we're in the WCC we're going to put the wins together to keep the tv contracts and exposure going. It may make for some overrated teams over the years, but it will keep us in the conversation. And that's what it is to be big time.
    Last edited by MedZag; 11-01-2007, 09:33 PM.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• BoltZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HOOTER View Post
      So, let the speculation begin.
      Why?

Comment

• MontanaZag
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2007

I would have to agree with Medzag, the hard part has past and more and more recruits are seeing the benefits of the exposure Gonzaga can provide. The next ten years should see us continue towards competing for a championship on a national level.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Something has happened to me since I got my computer stolen. My mind hasn't been the same...I think it's these borrowed computers that I must type on...I just can't see past 3 years!!! Sorry!!!

But things really look fantastic up to that point (3 years).

Go Zags!!!.......The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• HOOTER
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by BoltZag View Post
            Why?
            Why not?

Isn't that a big part of what we do here? We speculate on the starting five. We speculate on which games they'll win and which ones they'll lose. We speculate on who will red shirt. We discuss pre-season polls which are based on speculation. In the end our speculation doesn't mean a thing, but it gives us something to talk about until the season starts.

Comment

• BobZag
              Dark Lord of the Zag
              • Jan 2007

The future is so bright Zag fans will need to make like these two:

With continued recruiting (Gibbs, Osweiler, 2007 class), coaching continuity (Few, Lloyd, etc.), support, media exposure and more, I see Gonzaga moving forward for ten years and beyond.
              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
              X