PDA

View Full Version : Kispert

ZagsGoZags
06-29-2018, 04:51 PM
I just watched the first game against Ohio ST. at PK80 again.
He drives the lane with so much strength, finishing while his arms are hacked.
He has so much potential, IMO, and I haven't seen any info. on him
in months.
I hope the coaches can bring his defense along ...
Any news on his health issues?
will he be 100% by October?

GonzagasaurusFlex
06-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Good topic. I was thinking same thing today and sent the following email to Athletes In Action. Will share here if I hear anything:

Date: June 29, 2018 at 3:47:39 PM EDT
To: Craig.Sladek@athletesinaction.org
Subject: AIA Division 1 Summer Tour

Hi Craig,

Any news or links you can share where I could get news about how the Czech Republic / Spain men’s D1 basketball team did?

I am a huge Gonzaga fan so was thrilled to learn Corey Kispert participated on this team. What a great experience! How did the team do in general and Corey in particular?

Any feedback on the experience would be greatly appreciated. Corey got off to a real fast start at Gonzaga then after ankle injury never seemed to play with the same confidence. Hoping he is a big impact player for the Zags this year.

JPtheBeasta
06-29-2018, 08:29 PM
He appeared to have beaten out Norvell for playing time before the injury, which says a lot. I expect big things out of him. He had the reputation for being a really good shooter coming in but he influenced the game the most with big rebounds and tough finishes around the rim. I think the team defense will be much better this year; he wasn't the only culprit in that regard last year, as Rui, Norvell and Kispert were pretty sketchy, especially early on.

Zagdawg
06-29-2018, 08:53 PM
Not a lot out there that I can see.
5/28 game numbers
8 points 7 boards 2 assists (2-3 from three)

https://twitter.com/BaylorMBB/status/1001525553747447808

"The AIA Team in Czech played the U20 Czech National Team twice. Won a tight game one by 1 point and the second game won by 15. Afterward they were able to share a meal and many new friendships were formed. After the second game one of the AIA players was able to share about the value of faith in his own life."

ZagsGoZags
06-30-2018, 11:00 AM
If he has on again, off again, problems with his ankles, like high school (I think I remember reading that in here) it could ruin his chances for a pro paycheck. I feel bad for promising athletes who have chronic injuries/weakness like that which can block their careers.

Zagceo
06-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Separate injuries....foot problem (high school) had surgery.

big men with foot and ankle issues always a concern..until they’re not