PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga adds home games vs. No. Dakota State, North Alabama, and CSU Bakersfield

SLOZag
06-28-2018, 12:19 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jun/28/gonzaga-adds-homes-games-vs-north-dakota-state-nor/

229SintoZag
06-28-2018, 12:45 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jun/28/gonzaga-adds-homes-games-vs-north-dakota-state-nor/

Very very disappointing. Fans and season ticket holders deserve better than this.

hegotit!
06-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Totally agree on disappointing. I don't understand if we are going to play these home games against cupcakes why not play Eastern, WSU, and Idaho?? Unless they don't want to play us?

gonstu
06-28-2018, 01:03 PM
Last year's RPI's:

ND St.: 214
North Alab: Unranked (Division 2- though looks like they might be D-1 this year?)
CSUB: 225

JPtheBeasta
06-28-2018, 01:05 PM
I’m feel so sorry for you poor season ticket holders ;)

gonstu
06-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Just for fun, for hegotit's post:

Eastern: 123
WSU: 177
Idaho: 128

MDABE80
06-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Overall a good schedule. Always will be a "few" who we play won't be top 20 or so. It's not a big deal. I do agree that WSU or EWU would be a lot more fun.

gonstu
06-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Agreed Abe - have to factor in the rest of the schedule too & they've already got some 'big boys' on the slate.

sittingon50
06-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Students back from Turkey Day for the 1st one, selling their seats for the last 2.

hegotit!
06-28-2018, 01:21 PM
I just don't understand why we wouldn't schedule regional teams/games that would spark more interest?? The Eastern games were always entertaining. Are we scared of being upset? Doesn't make sense!

jazzdelmar
06-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Ugly ... programs and RPIs........

jchocolate99
06-28-2018, 01:41 PM
Ugly ... programs and RPIs........

Our schedule is freaking stacked this coming season... you have to have some easy tune up games in the schedule peeps

gueastcoast
06-28-2018, 01:44 PM
I just don't understand why we wouldn't schedule regional teams/games that would spark more interest?? The Eastern games were always entertaining. Are we scared of being upset? Doesn't make sense!

I feel like I shout this from the rooftops multiple times a year. Don't get it, never will. Local cupcakes are fresher :)

ZagNative
06-28-2018, 01:55 PM
Gonzaga Guru tweeted the whole non-conference schedule, and it's more appetizing looking ...

Gonzaga Guru
‏ @GonzagaGuru

Gonzaga adds more to 2018-19 schedule:
Nov 15 Texas A&M
Nov 19-21 Maui Invitational
Nov 26 North Dakota St
Nov 28 North Alabama
Dec 1 @ Creighton
Dec 5 Washington
Dec 9 vs Tennessee (in Phoenix)
Dec 15 @ North Carolina
Dec 31 Cal St Bakersfield
TBD Denver

Zagdawg
06-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Nice looking schedule!!

maynard g krebs
06-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Totally agree on disappointing. I don't understand if we are going to play these home games against cupcakes why not play Eastern, WSU, and Idaho?? Unless they don't want to play us?

Eastern or Idaho, yes. But WSU isn't gonna come to the Kennel w/ no return game. They have enough trouble being competitive in their league, and don't need to play a body bag game on the road at this point w/ no return game. They need to schedule home games against Arkansas Pine Bluff and the like in their nonconference season.

bartruff1
06-28-2018, 02:54 PM
I think there would be great interest in playing local teams and the money would stay in the community....

I think Few is afraid to play them....I do not see how you can complain about the WCC and schedule teams like these....

I have heard all the excuses....

GuZag2012
06-28-2018, 02:56 PM
The Spokesman article says that there is room for one more non-conference game. Any guesses on who that might be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDABE80
06-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Eastern or Idaho, yes. But WSU isn't gonna come to the Kennel w/ no return game. They have enough trouble being competitive in their league, and don't need to play a body bag game on the road at this point w/ no return game. They need to schedule home games against Arkansas Pine Bluff and the like in their nonconference season.

New AD...........very new. They might. It was a good series. Fun I thought.

cggonzaga
06-28-2018, 03:16 PM
The Spokesman article says that there is room for one more non-conference game. Any guesses on who that might be?

Nevada

jazzdelmar
06-28-2018, 03:28 PM
Our schedule is freaking stacked this coming season... you have to have some easy tune up games in the schedule peeps

Two things can be true at same time. Sked is stacked and these minnows kill RPI.

jazzdelmar
06-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Another option is to play academic blue chip schools from east — Ivies, Patriot, William and Mary, even Fordham — which bring at least prestige if not top half RPIs. Directional schools bring nothing, bupkis.

webspinnre
06-28-2018, 03:50 PM
I'd love it if we played Idaho and EWU every other year at home, if they were up for it.

TravelinZag
06-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Even with the revised WCC slate, add an additional 8-10 games against below average +175 RPI teams, and half of the Zags’ games will be against losing teams. This adds huge pressure to win all but three games versus above average opponents. Begin improving the 2019-20 schedule now. NOW!

soccerdud
06-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Two things can be true at same time. Sked is stacked and these minnows kill RPI.

the minnows killed our RPI last year -- when we scheduled 2 330+ teams, 4 more 200+, and had three more league games (2 during regular season, 1 during WCC tournament) against lower-level WCC competition.

next year we have scheduled 1 unknown (North Alabama-- probably 300+), and 3 that were 200+ this season. this is a huge swing. we've dropped MORE bad games from our schedule (5) than we have OOC cupcakes left on it (4)-- and mostly replaced these games with the most top-heavy OOC i can remember. reasonable observers had to be expecting some cupcakes to land on the schedule soon (and i'm sorry that several of you are disappointed that your cupcakes of choice have been left out)... but there's no question that if maui breaks kindly, this will be a top-20 type OOC schedule nationally (probably just a bit below UNC and a bunch of SWAC teams that get their first home game in-conference) and very likely our best ever.

we could reasonably end up playing as many or more games against top-20 RPI teams (2 guaranteed, 3 more possible in Maui) than sub-200 teams in the OOC. fewer cupcakes, better cupcakes, and more marquee (top-25ish) games is what we needed -- and exactly what we got.

at this point, any damage done by playing 3-4 "minnows" in the low-200s once is completely dwarfed by playing roughly 2x as many games against the bottom of the WCC (which had 4 teams with lower RPI last season than the worst OOC game we have scheduled for next season -- leaving out North Alabama for obvious reasons).

so, yeah, fret not about this scheduling news, imo :)

doctorzag
06-28-2018, 03:58 PM
Another option is to play academic blue chip schools from east — Ivies, Patriot, William and Mary, even Fordham — which bring at least prestige if not top half RPIs. Directional schools bring nothing, bupkis.

These teams will not play us without a return game. Its tough to get teams that will come to the kennel without a return game and fit into the dates on our schedule.

willandi
06-28-2018, 04:21 PM
I just wish the Zag coaches cared about competition and stuff like that!

They should hire somebody that doesn't know nothin about basketball, just to tell them stuff!

Bogozags
06-28-2018, 05:41 PM
Cupcakes are dollar and cents...it's a business and my guess is EWU and UI/ISU probably cost more...the schedule looks pretty loaded and don't know of any P5 school playing an OOC schedule as tough as ours...

No injuries/illnesses = a GREAT season!

zagamatic
06-28-2018, 06:16 PM
I'd be interested to see if these teams also land on the schedule of other regional teams during the same time period to help ease the traveling costs for them since they don't have big budgets. It could be a case of we have to play who is willing to come to our area. After all, with a smaller arena such as ours, the amount of the gate we can share isn't that of a bigger school, right?

Nevada Don
06-28-2018, 07:19 PM
Those 3 home games in the heading are Randy-ish ;)

sittingon50
06-28-2018, 07:59 PM

Now what could possibly lead you to jump to such a wild conclusion as that, Don?

:p

Zagceo
06-29-2018, 05:34 AM

Yeah..our model has evolved from “anyone anyplace” to “pay to play”

thebigsmoove
06-29-2018, 06:21 AM
The negativity surrounding our schedule this year is hilarious. This might possible be one of the best schedules every put together by our coaching staff. Absolutely silly the hemming and hawing in this thread.

GoZags
06-29-2018, 06:58 AM
The negativity surrounding our schedule this year is hilarious. This might possible be one of the best schedules every put together by our coaching staff. Absolutely silly the hemming and hawing in this thread.

Bingo. Could not agree more.

JPtheBeasta
06-29-2018, 07:00 AM
I just wish the Zag coaches cared about competition and stuff like that!

They should hire somebody that doesn't know nothin about basketball, just to tell them stuff!

I am going to send in my resume. Can I use you as a reference? :)

TexasZagFan
06-29-2018, 07:02 AM

I don’t think your wife and child would agree with you taking a cut in pay. :lmao:

strikenowhere
06-29-2018, 07:03 AM

Yeah its pretty ridiculous - this year's schedule was probably already the best schedule in the program's history and adding some filler to give the guys a couple breathers doesn't make it any less so. I get the feeling some people want the Zags to have Texas Southern's OOC schedule, only with more home games.

JPtheBeasta
06-29-2018, 07:03 AM

Seems to me that the specific complaint is one of not enough good games in the Kennel. I will gladly buy a few games from the list in the OP off of a season ticket holder (at a reasonable price) to help ease the collective burden-- to take one for the team, as it were.

JPtheBeasta
06-29-2018, 07:08 AM
I don’t think your wife and child would agree with you taking a cut in pay. :lmao:

My wife, to anyone who cares to listen, pointing at the TV screen: "See that guy on the end of bench? He knows nothing about basketball. I have no idea what he is telling those guys... But he was overqualified for UW."

TexasZagFan
06-29-2018, 07:09 AM
Seems to me that the specific complaint is one of not enough good games in the Kennel. I will gladly buy a few games from the list in the OP off of a season ticket holder (at a reasonable price) to help ease the collective burden-- to take one for the team, as it were.

You going to the Tennessee game in Phoenix? We’ll be in Omaha on 12/1.

gonzagafan62
06-29-2018, 07:20 AM
Stop the whining. You knew it was coming.... guys are thick

Zagdawg
06-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Whiners gonna whine..............

JPtheBeasta
06-29-2018, 07:28 AM

Omaha should be a good time.

I didn't realize that was in Phoenix until yesterday. I'm going to make that one a priority. I saw the GU v Texas game here when Durant played. I wasn't obsessive about GU at that time and knew they were playing, but didn't realize it was in Phoenix. I wasn't even living here then and was in to visit family. That was a great, serendipitous time.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=263360251

Zagceo
06-29-2018, 07:31 AM
don't conflate home games with away games

Nov 15 Texas A&M
Nov 26 North Dakota St
Nov 28 North Alabama
Dec 5 Washington

Dec 1 @ Creighton
Dec 15 @ North Carolina

Robzagnut
06-29-2018, 07:50 AM
Whiners gonna whine..............

I only whine about the Portland, Santa Clara, Pacific, Pepperdine and LMU games...

willandi
06-29-2018, 11:17 AM

Sure, but I think you know too much.

MDABE80
06-29-2018, 11:46 AM
Nov 15 Texas A&M
Nov 26 North Dakota St
Nov 28 North Alabama
Dec 1 @ Creighton
Dec 5 Washington
Dec 15 @ North Carolina
TBD Denver

Actually it's a killer schedule. They can't all be Duke/UNC types. We'll be lucky to escape with 3 losses in the OOC.

Tex, as it runs out I'll be in Omaha for the Creighton game. I lecture the Heart Fellows there every other year. New hospital to break in too. My friends have already secured tickets.

TravelinZag
06-29-2018, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=Bogozags;1392933]Cupcakes are dollar and cents...it's a business and my guess is EWU and UI/ISU probably cost more...the schedule looks pretty loaded and don't know of any P5 school playing an OOC schedule as tough as ours...

Suspect Idaho and/or EWU (both 120s RPI) could be scheduled w/o guarantees, low cost and or loss of revenue by holding the annual game at the Arena. Playing one school each year during the holiday break would probably be a sellout. Competing schools each year split costs, revenue, and ticket allotments. Would work for WSU too if their RPI improves. Dates could be established now on a one game each year; rotation among opponents with sufficient quality the previous season. Fans of all schools in Spokane, plus many students home for holidays. Probably too good to happen; almost everyone wins.

Zagceo
06-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Cupcakes are dollar and cents...it's a business and my guess is EWU and UI/ISU probably cost more...the schedule looks pretty loaded and don't know of any P5 school playing an OOC schedule as tough as ours...

No injuries/illnesses = a GREAT season!

why should they? .....they play in P5 conferences

thebigsmoove
06-29-2018, 04:44 PM

I probably will be, we’re moving from Louisville, KY to Tucson, AZ at the end of July.

TexasZagFan
06-30-2018, 04:05 AM
I probably will be, we’re moving from Louisville, KY to Tucson, AZ at the end of July.

Heckuva time to move to Tucson, end of July. Best way to prepare yourself for the heat is to...short of burning your house down (while staying inside), I can't think of any other way to prepare yourself. :lmao:

Tucson is a seriously underrated area to live. Beautiful country, lots of places to visit on weekends. If you're driving, I recommend stopping at LaPosta in Las Cruces (Old Mesilla). Great food, and there's a market area where Billy the Kid was known to frequent.

If you like ribs, I heartily recommend The State Line Restaurant near El Paso. The parking lot is in Texas, the restaurant is in New Mexico.

gueastcoast
06-30-2018, 05:10 AM
Warning: nuance coming...

Most of the comments (or at least mine) here don't relate to the quality of the schedule, but with the composition of our cupcake games.

I understand all the points about pay to play, home and homes, blah blah blah. A sports program has many objectives (beyond winning), and cultivating local interest certainly ranks among them.

Someone had mentioned playing EWU or Idaho every other year, even that would be an improvement. I for one would like to see us stay closer to our roots.

GuZag2012
06-30-2018, 07:02 AM
My wife & I are looking to make the trip down to Omaha from Minnesota to watch the Zags & Creighton game on December 1st. Any ideas on best places to get tickets? I havenít seen anything online yet. Feel free to direct message if you have any help!

ZigZagger
06-30-2018, 08:47 AM
I for one would like to see us stay closer to our roots.

In a way we are. It wasn't that long ago when we would complain that the big guys wouldn't play us - a complaint echoed by many mid-major and lower teams across the country. Now we are in a position to 'pay it forward' a bit to play schools hoping to up their standing in the NCAA. I see this as being true to where we came from.

willandi
06-30-2018, 08:48 AM
Warning: nuance coming...

Most of the comments (or at least mine) here don't relate to the quality of the schedule, but with the composition of our cupcake games.

I understand all the points about pay to play, home and homes, blah blah blah. A sports program has many objectives (beyond winning), and cultivating local interest certainly ranks among them.

Someone had mentioned playing EWU or Idaho every other year, even that would be an improvement. I for one would like to see us stay closer to our roots.

I think that EWU and Idaho, while being an improvement, would require return games and would represent a greater challenge. When trying to get the team to gel, sometimes the cupcakes allow coaches to work on precise things that will improve the team for conference and post season games.

We also aren't privy to the reasons that those teams were chosen. They may present particular challenges that the staff wants the team to work on, or it could simply be that they are the least expensive payout to fill the OOC schedule.

Zagsker
06-30-2018, 08:53 AM

Exactly...this should seem obvious.

Zagceo
06-30-2018, 12:52 PM
”anyone anywhere anytime” built the program

Building a program has evolved into growing a program

I don’t care about games against cupcakes....it’s about money not sports.

Don’t get to complain about WCC teams and then schedule crappier teams to replace those games.

just my personal opinion

GoZags
07-19-2018, 06:59 AM
I think that EWU and Idaho, while being an improvement, would require return games and would represent a greater challenge. When trying to get the team to gel, sometimes the cupcakes allow coaches to work on precise things that will improve the team for conference and post season games.

We also aren't privy to the reasons that those teams were chosen. They may present particular challenges that the staff wants the team to work on, or it could simply be that they are the least expensive payout to fill the OOC schedule.

Bingo.

There are a couple of things at play here ... one of which is the great relationship the Gonzaga staff has with the other "local" D1 programs (i.e. Eastern, Idaho and Montana). Few isn't fond of playing his friends (particularly in potential blow out situations). That being said, each of the three "other" local D1 programs HAVE been offered (and turned down) "guarantee" games in the Kennel. They've said no to a big payday and instead require a home and home. That simply isn't going to happen in this day and age ... so that's one reason the 3 latest additions to the home schedule were North Dakota State, Northern Alabama and Cal State Bakersfield.

CDC84
07-19-2018, 08:43 AM
I predicted that Gonzaga would fill out the last of their remaining schedule with teams like this........teams with RPI's in the low 200's. Bud Withers mentioned it as well. Let's hope that the schedulers analyzed these teams to death and that none of them turn into stinkers with 300+ RPI's. I just wish they could've added a perennial top 100 mid major team like Belmont or Murray State as a one off game at the Kennel, but again, they cost more bread to schedule.

The basic problem is that when Gonzaga brings in a team like Bakersfield, it costs them next to nothing, but the building still sells out anyway. The building has as many people in it as when Michigan State comes to town. I would be willing to bet that GU makes more bread off of concessions for a game vs Bakersfield than they do when they play against Michigan State because the 27 point halftime lead vs. Bakersfield makes fans want to eat and drink more to entertain themselves since the game sucks. The Gonzaga schedulers know this.

I can understand how some season ticket holders feel they are being taken advantage of by the athletic department. The building is already sold out. GU has the choice to bring in a really good team to entertain the fans and challenge the team, or to bring in a stinker that will bring in massive revenue that the non-guarantee game won't. The GU schedulers have to play a balancing act. This season is one of those years where it tilted more towards generating revenue.

There are also only so many home and home games you can schedule because it can interfere with future scheduling. I mean, right now Gonzaga is going to have to play road games at Arizona, at Texas A&M and at UW next season. That's tough.

CDC84
07-19-2018, 09:03 AM
North Alabama was a D-2 school last year. They will be joining the Atlantic Sun this season. It's their first year as a D-1 team. Unfortunately, unless they have a history of being a really good program, they are probably headed for a 300+ RPI.

Gonzaga is going to avoid playing at Spokane Arena at all costs because they must pay rent to play there and they get zero money from concessions. Even if Spokane Arena sells out, the Zags make hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands more bucks playing North Alabama at the Kennel than playing EWU or Idaho at the city owned arena. Again, it's about generating revenue.

roxdoc
07-19-2018, 09:43 AM
It was mentioned briefly earlier but it looks like 2 of the "cup cake" games will be when the students are on break. U of I and EWU have fairly good teams and would be highly motivated against our Zags. Powers that be may have considered how important Kennel support is for motivated higher RPI teams.

bartruff1
07-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Is there in fact...... any data..... that supports the idea that Ö...the team wins more often when the students are in attendance ?Ö.obviously there are other variables , but the team seldom loses in the Kennel ...

roxdoc
07-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Absolutely correct but also margins of victory and of course they seldom play a highly motivated Idaho or EWU!

willandi
07-19-2018, 10:49 AM
I can understand how some season ticket holders feel they are being taken advantage of by the athletic department. The building is already sold out. GU has the choice to bring in a really good team to entertain the fans and challenge the team, or to bring in a stinker that will bring in massive revenue that the non-guarantee game won't.

For season ticket holders that don't want to see the Zags blow out lesser teams, there are thousands of fans that would gladly pay face value for your tickets. Fans that have never seen them play live and will otherwise probably never get the chance,

Zagdawg
07-19-2018, 10:58 AM
As a season ticket holder - I appreciate what the Zags bring and I do not hold any expectation of the Zags needing to schedule a specific number of top 100 opponents at home for my entertainment. I support the program as it is-- as I recall the days when I was attending school there and we did not expect to be dancing and we played in front of a half full arena. Much of a few fans self induced disappointment comes from unrealistic expectations.

GoZags
07-19-2018, 12:33 PM
It was mentioned briefly earlier but it looks like 2 of the "cup cake" games will be when the students are on break. U of I and EWU have fairly good teams and would be highly motivated against our Zags. Powers that be may have considered how important Kennel support is for motivated higher RPI teams.

You may have missed post #58.

U of I and EWU have been offered these games in K2 .... games that would have paid them handsomely. They've said no (as has Montana)

bartruff1
07-19-2018, 01:46 PM
You may have missed post #58.

U of I and EWU have been offered these games in K2 .... games that would have paid them handsomely. They've said no (as has Montana)

Thanks for the info....that explains a lot...

CDC84
07-19-2018, 02:28 PM
For season ticket holders that don't want to see the Zags blow out lesser teams, there are thousands of fans that would gladly pay face value for your tickets. Fans that have never seen them play live and will otherwise probably never get the chance,

No doubt. The one thing that can be said about the old Ronald McDonald Game at Spokane Arena is that it not only was for a great cause, it did allow 6,500 or so fans to see a Gonzaga game that normally can't get into K2.

229SintoZag
07-19-2018, 02:42 PM

And that this is so is exactly the problem. The athletic department knows it has a captive fan base of season ticket holders. We were recently sent our renewal packets. The price of tickets isnít going down. The price of the mandatory Bulldog Club donation isnít going down. Yet as in most years I bet few if any of us are even contemplating giving up our seats. I am not and likely never will. Iíve had my tickets for 21 years now.

And I have mixed emotions about the change in scheduling. 10 or 15 years ago we had the opposite of what we have now. Then we had a lot of Fresno State/Idaho/Montana/Tulsa type of teams. Very few if any great programs from big conferences. Certainly nobody of the caliber of a Michigan State, Carolina, Arizona or UCLA. When Ryan Floydís GU team spanked the Bruins and held them to a record low 43 points in 2000, UCLA didnít return that game in the old Kennel. So the upgrade to the top end of the home schedule has been phenomenal. I applaud it. And as a season ticket holder I am grateful.

Meanwhile the other side of the schedule at the bottom end has in my judgment gotten worse. We seem to be playing more bad teams and worse bad teams on the lower end. Perhaps as CDC says just to make money. So the schedule has become like our politics in that it consists of polarized extremes on both ends without a lot of moderation in the middle. The opposite of what it was 15 years ago or so when it was a lot of middling teams at home and anyone anywhere on the road.

I just wish we could trade one or two games from the 300+ type of guaranty scrimmage games to a game against a team in the RPI 100-200 range. That would still most likely be a game the zags win by 20 and there are enough teams in that range that Iíd have to think we could find some whoíd love the challenge and prestige of having us on their schedule.

I know this is an inexact science but to me it feels like the department is justifying too many really poor home games by latching onto the one or two marquee games.

Iíd favor a transition from a mix of awful and stellar to a mix of mediocre and stellar. We need more games from the middle 60 percent of the rpi bell curve.

NotoriousZ
07-19-2018, 03:02 PM
No doubt. The one thing that can be said about the old Ronald McDonald Game at Spokane Arena is that it not only was for a great cause, it did allow 6,500 or so fans to see a Gonzaga game that normally can't get into K2.

Anyone know when the next time thereís a Spokane site in the menís NCAA Tournament? I think we schedule a game there when that happens (to get the team familiar with the Arena should we get to play there in the tournament).

Section 116
07-19-2018, 03:10 PM
NotoriusZ, in answer to your next Spokane NCAA tournament question see this link: http://www.ncaa.org/championships/future-division-i-mens-basketball-championship-sites

Zagceo
07-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Anyone know when the next time thereís a Spokane site in the menís NCAA Tournament? I think we schedule a game there when that happens (to get the team familiar with the Arena should we get to play there in the tournament).

NotoriousZ
07-19-2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks Section 116 and Zagceo, looking up the info from my phone I could only find next years regional sites and only Final Four sites beyond next year. Hopefully the Zags keep it rolling in 2020 (and 2019 before that of course).

Snowkane
08-10-2018, 01:18 PM
My wife & I are looking to make the trip down to Omaha from Minnesota to watch the Zags & Creighton game on December 1st. Any ideas on best places to get tickets? I haven’t seen anything online yet. Feel free to direct message if you have any help!

Looking to get tickets in Omaha as well. Did you ever find out where the best place to buy them?

GuZag2012
08-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Looking to get tickets in Omaha as well. Did you ever find out where the best place to buy them?

Havenít heard anything yet or seen tickets online. Still keeping my eyes open for tickets.

TexasZagFan
08-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Haven’t heard anything yet or seen tickets online. Still keeping my eyes open for tickets.

I'll be looking in the usual places, i.e. Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc. I don't think I've ever gotten tickets in the Zag section, we're used to being in the belly of the beast.

Snowkane
08-16-2018, 08:29 AM
I'll be looking in the usual places, i.e. Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc. I don't think I've ever gotten tickets in the Zag section, we're used to being in the belly of the beast.

I'll be looking in the same places as well. Hopefully I can find some tickets in the Zag section. Do you think it is worth reaching out to Alumni and seeing if they either have some unused tickets, or ask them where the Zag section is so I know what section to buy tickets near?

TexasZagFan
08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
I'll be looking in the same places as well. Hopefully I can find some tickets in the Zag section. Do you think it is worth reaching out to Alumni and seeing if they either have some unused tickets, or ask them where the Zag section is so I know what section to buy tickets near?

I'll reach out to Bob Finn in a few weeks, he should have a pretty good idea. I doubt they'll have an alumni function at this game, but you never know.

Snowkane
08-21-2018, 09:09 AM
I'll reach out to Bob Finn in a few weeks, he should have a pretty good idea. I doubt they'll have an alumni function at this game, but you never know.

Excellent, thank you!

GuZag2012
08-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Seeing tickets for the Creighton game on stubhub now...$180 each for two or less together. If you want 3 together theyíre going for about $299 each

TexasZagFan
08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
Seeing tickets for the Creighton game on stubhub now...$180 each for two or less together. If you want 3 together they’re going for about $299 each

Don’t know much about Creighton’s fan base, but I’ll check out prior years attendance figures. From past experience, StubHub is always higher at the start, and prices get more reasonable as you approach game day.

Snowkane
09-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Don’t know much about Creighton’s fan base, but I’ll check out prior years attendance figures. From past experience, StubHub is always higher at the start, and prices get more reasonable as you approach game day.

Will be watching closer to the game time for sure. $180 might be a little higher than I want to pay... $299 is certainly too high.

GuZag2012
09-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Seeing $135 as the lowest for two tickets. Iíd be willing to pay that but might wait a bit longer to see if they go down a bit more as we get a little bit closer.

bartruff1
09-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Well, if you are a shareholder in Berkshire Hathaway or otherwise a FOW (Friend of Warren) he has a couple dozen season tickets at Creighton that he gives away.....but he will probably want to attend this game..

But seriously.... I have never failed to buy tickets from a scalper at any venue after the game has started....

Snowkane
11-14-2018, 06:12 AM
I purchased tickets to the Creighton game on stubhub last night. Upper bowl tickets, but I paid $55 a seat (not including all those ridiculous fees!!). Lower bowl tickets on Stub Hub are pricey... I saw some for $299-400 per seat.

Anyways, very excited about this game because it is a FIRST ZAG GAME for my wife and my two sons (age 4 and 2).

GO ZAGS! Anyone else going to be there? Check Stubhub as the prices have come down.

willandi
11-14-2018, 06:18 AM
I purchased tickets to the Creighton game on stubhub last night. Upper bowl tickets, but I paid $55 a seat (not including all those ridiculous fees!!). Lower bowl tickets on Stub Hub are pricey... I saw some for $299-400 per seat.

Anyways, very excited about this game because it is a FIRST ZAG GAME for my wife and my two sons (age 4 and 2).

GO ZAGS! Anyone else going to be there? Check Stubhub as the prices have come down.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?63755-Roll-Call-and-Pre-Game-Social-Creighton-game-Omaha-NE

A whole thread about it!