PDA

View Full Version : Liam Lloyd

thebigsmoove
06-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Liam Lloyd picked up his first D1 offer from Eastern Washington, what are the odds he doesnt walk on tuition free at Gonzaga? Anybody have any knowledge on this?

https://twitter.com/GonzagaGuru/status/1010041485939503104

EEzag
06-22-2018, 08:27 AM
Liam Lloyd picked up his first D1 offer from Eastern Washington, what are the odds he doesnt walk on tuition free at Gonzaga? Anybody have any knowledge on this?

https://twitter.com/GonzagaGuru/status/1010041485939503104

6'4"? Didn't look that tall on TV....not even close. But, TV has a weird way of distorting heights. Anyone know if he's really 6'4 or even close?

Kids got skill and runs a team really well. He will play at the D1 level.

CDC84
06-22-2018, 09:21 AM
My hope for Liam is that he go to the D-1 university that best fits his talent level. If it's Gonzaga, great. If it's EWU, great. Having a coach's son on your team can be a tricky business. I have not seen Liam play, and I have no idea what his potential is. He could end up being a McDonald's AA for all I know. But I have seen kids try to play for daddy for a school that is just flat out above his ability level, and many times it doesn't work out well. The kid either never plays, or he plays and the other people on the team feel nepotism is going on. It just depends on what Liam and his dad wish to do, and what his ability level is. If I were in Tommy's shoes, and Liam were a Big Sky level talent, I would encourage him to play for EWU, Sacramento State, Portland State or whatever so he can earn maximum playing time. I'd just hate to see the kid attend Gonzaga when his talent is not up it when there are chances for him to start at Sac State. I really emphasize, if he turns into a high major player, I'd love to see him at GU.

thebigsmoove
06-22-2018, 09:36 AM
My hope for Liam is that he go to the D-1 university that best fits his talent level. If it's Gonzaga, great. If it's EWU, great. Having a coach's son on your team can be a tricky business. I have not seen Liam play, and I have no idea what his potential is. He could end up being a McDonald's AA for all I know. But I have seen kids try to play for daddy for a school that is just flat out above his ability level, and many times it doesn't work out well. The kid either never plays, or he plays and the other people on the team feel nepotism is going on. It just depends on what Liam and his dad wish to do, and what his ability level is. If I were in Tommy's shoes, and Liam were a Big Sky level talent, I would encourage him to play for EWU, Sacramento State, Portland State or whatever so he can earn maximum playing time. I'd just hate to see the kid attend Gonzaga when his talent is not up it when there are chances for him to start at Sac State. I really emphasize, if he turns into a high major player, I'd love to see him at GU.

Very true.

Zagdawg
06-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
Following Following @DominickHarri2
More Dominick Harris Retweeted Liam Lloyd
First of MANY! Congrats broski ����

Liam Lloyd

@LiamLl0yd
Follow Follow @LiamLl0yd
More
Replying to @DominickHarri2
Thanks brother��������

cggonzaga
06-22-2018, 10:21 AM
6'4"? Didn't look that tall on TV....not even close. But, TV has a weird way of distorting heights. Anyone know if he's really 6'4 or even close?

Kids got skill and runs a team really well. He will play at the D1 level.

He’s a legit 6’4”.

Personally I feel at this point in time, EWU would be a great fit. His game would have to improve quite a bit before playing at GU. Have heard he has improved significantly since last high school season so we’ll see.

EEzag
06-22-2018, 10:53 AM
Hes a legit 64.

Personally I feel at this point in time, EWU would be a great fit. His game would have to improve quite a bit before playing at GU. Have heard he has improved significantly since last high school season so well see.

Prep doesn't feature kids in a way that makes it easy to evaluate. He's good, but I don't know if he can shoot or how good he is at finishing (he didn't have to do much of either). I agree with what CDC said and I'll add I have no insight to the mindset of this fine young man....... but he looked pretty good in the state championship and he has a lot of school left.

Good on him to get an offer.

cggonzaga
06-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Prep doesn't feature kids in a way that makes it easy to evaluate. He's good, but I don't know if he can shoot or how good he is at finishing (he didn't have to do much of either). I agree with what CDC said and I'll add I have no insight to the mindset of this fine young man....... but he looked pretty good in the state championship and he has a lot of school left.

Good on him to get an offer.

He can shoot for sure. His dribble drive is getting better. Agreed on Prep. Liam will have a much larger role this year.

maynard g krebs
06-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Liam looked no more than Big Sky level at the state tourney imo, but you never know about hs underclassmen. In HS, David Stockton looked like a D2 prospect. Derek Raivio's younger brother Nick didn't look like any kind of college player as a hs junior when I saw his and Derek's hs team play in Seattle, but he grew 5 inches and would up as Portland's best player a few years later.

Zagger
06-22-2018, 04:44 PM

Well stated :)

Zaglaw
06-22-2018, 06:02 PM
Boise State with Leon?

hockeyzag
06-22-2018, 09:31 PM

Will you please write for SlipperStillFits or something? You clearly have a talent for this, stick around here but share your thoughts with a wider audience.

kdaleb
06-24-2018, 07:20 PM
Will you please write for SlipperStillFits or something? You clearly have a talent for this, stick around here but share your thoughts with a wider audience.

CDC does have a bit of a knowledge and a knack for getting to the point in a clear and concise manner. That is why this is one of my bookmarks (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/member.php?39-CDC84)...