hls97
06-01-2018, 09:14 AM
No real surprise, but still a bit sad.

http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060118aaa.html

IowaSERE
06-01-2018, 09:20 AM

Wonder if there could be someone else coming in, and thats why hes leaving.

Vanzagger
06-01-2018, 09:21 AM

He will get the minutes and ball out at his next stop. I thought he played well in his limited role here.

Good Luck

Zagdawg
06-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Will he head to BYU?

NotoriousZ
06-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Best of luck, Jesse, always a Zag!

He’s going to make some team a whole lot better.

IowaSERE
06-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Will he head to BYU?

Would we let him/ be able to stop him?

zagsfanforlife
06-01-2018, 09:30 AM
That means TWO open scholarships for next year. Gets me excited :)

Best of luck Jessee

zaguarxj
06-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Wonder if there could be someone else coming in, and thats why hes leaving.

Taking a look at the scholly chart, I see 4 players at the 1-2 spots, 2 of whom have never played a minute of D1 hoops. Even if Foster and Ayayi both play well, that seems awfully thin. I sure hope some help is on the way.

strikenowhere
06-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Not unexpected, but still wow - wasn't he a huge Zags fan growing up? Talk about a tough decision, but it must have been hard seeing being recruited over this off-season.

bartruff1
06-01-2018, 09:31 AM
That is a good decision...no doubt he is a fine young man off to a great start in life, having completed his mission and having found a bride to share the adventures of life....I wish him nothing but the best...

23dpg
06-01-2018, 09:38 AM
A little surprised but I get it.
Best of luck to Jesse wherever he ends up.

Zagdawg
06-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Best of luck-- he is a good kid -- i will be a fan wherever he ends up.

BoZarth
06-01-2018, 09:49 AM
After the Udub game last season we stuck around so my son could meet the players and get some autographs. Certainly, there are many good guys on the team. Wade stood out though. He just took the extra time to really talk to my son asking him a couple of questions . . . like where he went to school etc. Some of that comes from maturity, yes, and his experiences as a missionary, but you could just tell he had it. The it being that no matter what he'll be successful in life. One of those things you just know it when you see it.

Good luck Jesse. I'm a big fan and will be cheering you on wherever you land.

BoZarth

Go Zags!!!!

zagsfanforlife
06-01-2018, 09:52 AM
As a kid who grew up loving the zags and hoping one day i would be recruited by the zags, i am happy Jesse got to at least live out that childhood dream for a year.

johno
06-01-2018, 09:55 AM
Dang, I wanted to see him in a Zag uniform at full speed and injury free, guess it will be in another uniform. Good Luck Jesse!

Bouldin4Prez
06-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Would we let him/ be able to stop him?

I surely hope not. I hate when restrictions are placed on a player as to where they can/can't transfer to.

thebigsmoove
06-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Will he head to BYU?

I honestly dont think they are interested. I think he would do better to find his niche at a smaller school, maybe even D2 and get starters minutes. He could really be successful in the right environment, he was just not built to handle the competition level of a top 10 team in the country.

Mr Vulture
06-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Wishing all the best to Jesse Wade, he will be successful no matter where he goes.

Zagceo
06-01-2018, 10:15 AM
I honestly dont think they are interested. I think he would do better to find his niche at a smaller school, maybe even D2 and get starters minutes. He could really be successful in the right environment, he was just not built to handle the competition level of a top 10 team in the country.

wasn’t Jesse offered early because of his offensive fire power?

thebigsmoove
06-01-2018, 10:20 AM
wasn’t Jesse offered early because of his offensive fire power?

I believe we offered him in 2013. Sure he was a fantastic shooter. There are fantastic shooters at all levels.

CDC84
06-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Keep an eye on Utah Valley........

thebigsmoove
06-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Keep an eye on Utah Valley........

Thats along the lines of what i was thinking or Weber State.

Jesse in the Big Sky or WAC would be very good.

sittingon50
06-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Best of luck, Jesse!

Once a Zag....................

bdmiller7
06-01-2018, 10:31 AM

There's a huge difference between a top 10 school and D2. There's 350+ D1 schools now. My guess is Jesse could start for at least 100 of them right now and will have a very productive career by the time it's over. No need to go D2.

thebigsmoove
06-01-2018, 10:33 AM
There's a huge difference between a top 10 school and D2. There's 350+ D1 schools now. My guess is Jesse could start for at least 100 of them right now and will have a very productive career by the time it's over. No need to go D2.

Maybe so, I want nothing but the best for Jesse. His family is great and hes a very special young man. I hope he finds the right fit to play the game he loves.

basketballzag
06-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Maybe so, I want nothing but the best for Jesse. His family is great and hes a very special young man. I hope he finds the right fit to play the game he loves.

Really good kid and his personality will definitely be missed next year. I think there will be a lot of universities making phone calls to Jessie over the next 72 hours. Best of luck Jessie and look forward to seeing you play in the NCAA Tourney next year with the team you lead there.

MDABE80
06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Dang! I had high hopes. I'm thinking if his shoulder is sound, Utah or Utah State will come calling. He's a D1 kid but he really didn't do much here for whatever reason. He'll be missed. Dang!

hooter73
06-01-2018, 11:13 AM
I was probably one of his biggest proponents before he got here. I’ll remain that no matter where he goes.

thespywhozaggedme
06-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Bummer. Best wishes

raise the zag
06-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Utah State will come calling.

This.

bartruff1
06-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Utah Valley or Weber or similar ...a fresh start in a new place....he will be fine with great support from his faith and family...

Zaglaw
06-01-2018, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry to see him go, but I'm sure he wants more playing time. He was a great representative of Gonzaga and has shown what a quality young man he is by the very complimentary statement he made regarding his decision to transfer. The classiest we have ever seen, IMHO. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

ZagsObserver
06-01-2018, 12:52 PM
I really liked the kid. Best of luck and go get ‘em. Make a name for yourself.

Reborn
06-01-2018, 01:03 PM
I always believed he would transferred. As much as he loves Gonzaga, wanting to play as a starter for a team is more important to him.Like so many fans who post here, I really liked Jesse a lot and wanted him to succeed at a Zag. Good luck Jesse. Looking for you to play for BYU. That would be soooo cool to me.

jazzdelmar
06-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Who’s next?

Markburn1
06-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Who’s next?

Meaning what???

Who will replace him or who will be the next transfer?

GoZags
06-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Who’s next?

Time will tell (and I don't think you'll find the answer here on guboards).

thespywhozaggedme
06-01-2018, 01:27 PM
I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Who’s next?

I fixed it for you to feign the slightest modicum of compassion and empathy.

JPtheBeasta
06-01-2018, 01:37 PM
God speed, Jesse. I am disappointed that I won’t get to see you develop into the player I thought you could be here as a Zag. Somebody appears to be getting a good ball player and a good person.

jazzdelmar
06-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Meaning what???

Who will replace him or who will be the next transfer?

Next departee.

jazzdelmar
06-01-2018, 02:27 PM
I fixed it for you to feign the slightest modicum of compassion and empathy.

You should be banned for that. And sent to an English language tutorial.

zagbeliever
06-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Best of luck to a really good young man. I hope he finds a school where he can really shine.

rennis
06-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Good luck wherever you land young man.

cjm720
06-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Good luck wherever you land young man.

+1. He will be fun to follow.

Coach Crazy
06-01-2018, 05:04 PM
I was probably one of his biggest proponents before he got here. I’ll remain that no matter where he goes.

Count me in this group. This one hurts. But I also had to be honest about what I saw. Being in Utah, I'm definitely gonna try to make it out to his games, if my schedule allows.

Malastein
06-01-2018, 05:57 PM
It amazes the blind enthusiasm we lavish on some of these kids. I certainly hope thy all work out, but sometimes it just isnít realistic. Sounds like a good kid, and I hope he gets to be Pangos lite somewhere else!

DixieZag
06-01-2018, 07:03 PM
He did the absolute best thing for him, which shows maturity. He will star at a place where his talents are needed and his limitations (we all have limitations) will not keep him off the court.

It's a sad time to see a respected player go, but it's a happy time to see a "kid" - he's a married young man who's traveled the world - make a decision that is best for him and his young family.

No losers in all this. He'll never lose that Zag part of him.

sylean
06-01-2018, 10:45 PM
he didn't get much of a chance....needed more meaningful playing time....but, it is what it is...

Zagricultural
06-02-2018, 03:44 AM
This one's going to haunt us. Mark it down.

Zagger
06-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Jesse was the only Zag the Mrs & I chatted with this past season. Nice kid, friendly. Itís gotta be tough wanting to get in a game, especially a Zags game, and spending that time right on the sidelines. I sure hope Jesse ends up where he can play & start. Good luck Jesse - youíll find a good BB home.

TexasZagFan
06-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Jesse was the only Zag the Mrs & I chatted with this past season. Nice kid, friendly. Itís gotta be tough wanting to get in a game, especially a Zags game, and spending that time right on the sidelines. I sure hope Jesse ends up where he can play & start. Good luck Jesse - youíll find a good BB home.

Jesse was one of the players Big D bonded with last summer. He, and his entire family were extremely nice and friendly. My sense is his mission impeded his progress in addition to his injury. Once a Zag, always a Zag.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1778_zpseucqfifi.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1778_zpseucqfifi.jpg.html)

Dillon & Jade (Jesse's wife):

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1782_zpssdnfjdoo.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1782_zpssdnfjdoo.jpg.html)

zag67
06-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Jesse, good luck and wish you nothing but the best where ever you end up. Wish we could have seen you without the injuries.

MileHigh
06-02-2018, 03:08 PM
What is interesting to me is that Wade's impending transfer seems to have generated much more interest and well wishes from this board than the transfer/departures of Alberts and Edwards combined. Especially when the later two played for Gonzaga much longer and contributed meaningful minutes on the court, which Wade never did.

gueastcoast
06-02-2018, 03:20 PM
What is interesting to me is that Wade's impending transfer seems to have generated much more interest and well wishes from this board than the transfer/departures of Alberts and Edwards combined. Especially when the later two played for Gonzaga much longer and contributed meaningful minutes on the court, which Wade never did.

Interesting point. My guess is the reason is that by the time they transferred, we collectively "knew" who Alberts and Edwards were (making it unrealistic to see much in the way of further upside). With Wade there is a sense we never really "saw" who he is capable of becoming, which is by definition bittersweet.

RenoZag
06-02-2018, 03:23 PM

Why is it interesting ?

MileHigh
06-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Why is it interesting ?

That on the surface, Wade seemed to reach a level of popularity that belies his actual contributions to the program when compared to others that have transferred.

webspinnre
06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Jesse was one of the players Big D bonded with last summer. He, and his entire family were extremely nice and friendly. My sense is his mission impeded his progress in addition to his injury. Once a Zag, always a Zag.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1778_zpseucqfifi.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1778_zpseucqfifi.jpg.html)

Dillon & Jade (Jesse's wife):

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1782_zpssdnfjdoo.jpg (http://s350.photobucket.com/user/richkinley/media/IMG_1782_zpssdnfjdoo.jpg.html)

Great post and great pics.

webspinnre
06-02-2018, 03:39 PM

Unfortunately we don't always do as good of a job as we could at wishing these young men well as they transfer.

jazzdelmar
06-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Good, provocative question, Mile. The lure of the unknown. Alberts and Edwards were proven mediocre players. Many here still hoped Wade would be Pangos 2.0. And the board’s in loco parentis attitude kicks in with some players more than others. Nice young man, but just a miss for Few & Co.

Radbooks
06-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Wade was, seemingly, around for years because of the mission he took. Many people followed his dad on twitter and read about how things were going, etc. I think because of that, people got pretty invested in him as a person and wanted him to do well here.

tinfoilzag
06-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Alberts and Edwards were proven mediocre players.

For GU, a national power.

Alberts would of seen a lot of minutes on some other WCC teams. I know it's sometimes implied but it's worth reiterating the standard for mediocre at Gonzaga.

jazzdelmar
06-03-2018, 09:26 AM
For GU, a national power.

Alberts would of seen a lot of minutes on some other WCC teams. I know it's sometimes implied but it's worth reiterating the standard for mediocre at Gonzaga.

Pretty sure most posters don’t need their thinking to be rejiggered. Edwards would have been mediocre anywhere. But Alberts could play many places.

Mantua
06-03-2018, 12:13 PM
It might be a better idea to bid farewell and good wishes to departing players on Twitter where they don’t have to scroll though a virtual mine field.

jazzdelmar
06-03-2018, 12:21 PM
No vale of tears, please. No one died. Think Gibbs and Spangler. Sometimes it’s for (much) the best.

webspinnre
06-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Wade was, seemingly, around for years because of the mission he took. Many people followed his dad on twitter and read about how things were going, etc. I think because of that, people got pretty invested in him as a person and wanted him to do well here.

This is also a good point that I hadn't considered.