PDA

View Full Version : Zags Playing Texas A&M

Zagdawg
05-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
Following Following @SRJimm
More
Gonzaga and Texas A&M agree to a two-game series. First game in November at McCarthey Athletic Center. Return game in 2019-20 season in College Station

thespywhozaggedme
05-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
Following Following @SRJimm
More
Gonzaga and Texas A&M agree to a two-game series. First game in November at McCarthey Athletic Center. Return game in 2019-20 season in College Station

There it is! The big-name team at the kennel that was being hinted about. Nice!

raise the zag
05-23-2018, 08:00 AM
Coming off a Sweet 16 season...always competitive in the SEC.

Big, tough, rebounding team to help get the guys playing hard-nosed bball early on.

I'm surprised A&M not included in more pre-season Top-25 polls.

They return 5 of their top-6 scorers next season (including 4 of 5 starters), although they lose their 6'11, 270lb Center.

A&M still has size, big guards, and proven players up and down the roster. The type of team who starts slowly, yet finishes Top-20 on the season. A probable NCAA Tourney team too.

Zagdawg
05-23-2018, 08:16 AM
Solid team -- bounced 2 seed UNC by 21 in the 2nd round of the dance last year -- wins over #11 WVU, #10 USC, #8 Auburn and #24 Kentucky -- should be a good early matchup.

strikenowhere
05-23-2018, 08:21 AM
I know that the Aggies aren't expected to do much next year, but still this now has to be the best non-conference schedule in modern Zags history, no?

Home
-------
Texas A&M
Washington

Neutral
---------
Tennessee
3 of Arizona,Auburn, Duke, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State, Xavier

Away
------
North Carolina
Creighton

TexasZagFan
05-23-2018, 08:31 AM
Thanks to Stephen Gentry!

Will start planning an alumni get together for next year's game. Hard to believe, but I've never been to College Station. Looking forward to it.

zagsfanforlife
05-23-2018, 08:37 AM
Coming off a Sweet 16 season...always competitive in the SEC.

Big, tough, rebounding team to help get the guys playing hard-nosed bball early on.

They return 5 of their top-6 scorers next season (including 4 of 5 starters), although they lose their 6'11, 270lb Center.

A&M still has size, big guards, and proven players up and down the roster. The type of team who starts slowly, yet finishes Top-20 on the season. A probable NCAA Tourney team too.

Not sure you have that correct--- they lose Robert Williams, but i think you are referring to Tyler Davis who is their big, big man. I think he will be a Senior-- maybe he graduated too. WIlliams is gone though.

PCZ_Frites
05-23-2018, 08:40 AM
I know that the Aggies aren't expected to do much next year, but still this now has to be the best non-conference schedule in modern Zags history, no?

Home
-------
Texas A&M
Washington

Neutral
---------
Tennessee
3 of Arizona,Auburn, Duke, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State, Xavier

Away
------
North Carolina
Creighton

This is a great schedule, and I would think it absolutely has to be our most competitive yet. I like the balance of road, neutral, and away.

It's possible that Duke, Auburn, Tennessee, and UNC could all be in the top 10 when (if) we play them. Most all of the others have top 25 potential at some point in the season.

thebigsmoove
05-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Remember we played Texas A&M in the closed scrimmage last year. These relationships Coach Few has are such a boon to our program.

MDABE80
05-23-2018, 09:40 AM
Looks
Like a mighty schedule and lots of travel. WCC will be a vacation after the OOC. I wonder if we get a late season non WCC team as a tune up for the NCAA tournament.

bartruff1
05-23-2018, 09:42 AM
luv it

exclusivelee
05-23-2018, 10:05 AM

They actually lose 5 of their top 7 scorers including all those imposing big bodies & their primary playmaker

Their starting frontcourt of Tyler Davis, DJ Hogg, & Robert Williams are leaving early

kitzbuel
05-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Looks
Like a mighty schedule and lots of travel. WCC will be a vacation after the OOC. I wonder if we get a late season non WCC team as a tune up for the NCAA tournament.Hopefully BYU or SMC fill that at Vegas.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

jazzdelmar
05-23-2018, 10:53 AM
Brilliant add......

jazzdelmar
05-23-2018, 10:54 AM
Looks
Like a mighty schedule and lots of travel. WCC will be a vacation after the OOC. I wonder if we get a late season non WCC team as a tune up for the NCAA tournament.

Yes, time to stockpile jet fuel. Do we only buy fuel privately?

JPtheBeasta
05-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Looks

I love those late-season OOC games, even though we seem lose most of them.

JPtheBeasta
05-23-2018, 11:58 AM
They actually lose 5 of their top 7 scorers including all those imposing big bodies & their primary playmaker

Their starting frontcourt of Tyler Davis, DJ Hogg, & Robert Williams are leaving early

DJ Hogg is a great Texas name. Does he drive a white Cadillac with bull horns on the front?

Zagdawg
05-23-2018, 12:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/o4u1K5r.jpg

MDABE80
05-23-2018, 12:47 PM
A revenge appearance is in order! I knew there was something about those guys! ;) Good game is all we want. A "V" is what I'm hoping for. Very early in the season though.

TravelinZag
05-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Great scheduling! Thanks, staff. Scheduling is becoming extremely difficult.

Go Zags!

CDC84
05-24-2018, 10:27 AM
As I predicted, the last marquee matchup would be a home and home with the first game at K2 this season.

That's it for marquee opponents. I would expect nothing but guarantee games from here on out.