PDA

View Full Version : Letís Get a Quality Schedule: Best Thing Left Within Zagsí Control for Next Season

TravelinZag
05-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Had been waiting for an upnote before posting. Do not appear to be any 2018 or graduate transfers left who could have an immediate impact.

Scheduling is another matter. Please,

No teams with RPI from last year below the midpoint of 175. Have too many cupcake games as it is: 8-10 from WCC, plus Denver, which puzzles me. Perhaps raising their profile as a possible travel partner for the Zags in the Big East. Or perhaps a nod to Perkins, though game in Denver better if in Denver if that was the intent.

Load up on 100-150 RPI teams ó respectable but unlikely to make the dance.

Take 51-99 opponents only with a return game.

Take top 50 opponents even without a return. Better to lose on the road against a great team than to win at home in a walk away against a loser.

If no other option, drop a couple of games rather than bottom feeder opponents. TV wonít be interested, and concession sales canít be significant.

The 2018-19 team appears to be excellent, and every effort was made to add top notch players, some of whom probably never had any intent to become a Zag.

Donít handicap these young men with unworthy opponents who will harm seeding.

Go Zags! Another fine season is coming.

CDC84
05-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Bud Withers said in his blog that the 300+ RPI teams (Howard, Incarnate Word, etc.) will be replaced with Denver type schools. Kind of in the 180-220 area.

I am anxious to see when WCC play starts. I am assuming it will be early January. I know the ACC is starting a 20 game league schedule in 2020 that will likely start before Christmas I would think. The expansion of league games within the power leagues is going to limit the amount of power teams Gonzaga can schedule in late December in the future.

GoZags
05-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Do not appear to be any 2018 or graduate transfers left who could have an immediate impact.

Says who?

Certainly not Tommy or Fewie ....

TravelinZag
05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Says who?

Certainly not Tommy or Fewie ....

Name two. Remember, immediate impact in games not practices.

soccerdud
05-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Name two. Remember, immediate impact in games not practices.

sorry, but are you implying that because a group of (overall) woefully under-informed internet randos -- and i include myself here -- can't name players, that they must not exist? cause i think there may be some logical flaws with that sentiment.

i'm guessing you wanted to talk about scheduling, tho, and not whether you overplayed your hand in a throwaway side-remark. so in that spirit i'll just comment that i hope we have an excellent, challenging schedule next season. looks decent from what we know so far.