PDA

View Full Version : Game Plan at Point - 2018 Edition

ZagsObserver
05-05-2018, 02:32 PM
With Perkins coming off of surgery, and given the aspirations of the team, Iíve got to think the staff might still be looking for depth at the point position.

Does Few stick with what we have or does he pick up a transfer?

cjm720
05-05-2018, 02:42 PM
He’s obviously looking...

Ayayi is going to get a nice opportunity I suppose.

DixieZag
05-05-2018, 02:46 PM
I know that Cremo is not a PG - but he would add depth. Is he still available? Not that competing with Villanova and Kansas is any more fun than competing with Arizona and Oregon.

Radbooks
05-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Cremo says:

May 1

Chris Fickett Retweeted Jesse Newell

Cremo tells @GaryBedore his list of five is “Creighton, Texas, Villanova, Kansas and Gonzaga in no order.” http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article210263449.html …

OntZags
05-05-2018, 03:10 PM
I know that Cremo is not a PG - but he would add depth. Is he still available? Not that competing with Villanova and Kansas is any more fun than competing with Arizona and Oregon.

Cremo is definitely a combo guard and more than able to capably share ball handling duties with Perkins. He has just revised his top-5 to include Villanova and Kansas and Gonzaga remained in it. (along with Texas/Creighton) We only know a tiny fraction of what goes on behind the scenes so I'm confident the staff has been in contact with him throughout the Williams recruiting process.

Keep in mind he has already visited and turned down Duke. I'm not concerned about him being blown away by program name. I think the staff is capable of selling him on the merits of Gonzaga vis a vis Kansas/Villanova with regards to next season. (and its also easier to sell a more mature early 20's young man than an AAU HS senior)

And if we can land Cremo, he's probably a better option than Williams for next season. (obviously I understand why the staff prioritized BW from an overall program impact standpoint but strictly evaluating next season, I think Cremo is the better player) His PPGAR was better than all but a handful of the most elite freshman last season. And I think he's more likely to buy in and thrive defensively next season.

Coach Crazy
05-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Cremo is definitely a combo guard and more than able to capably share ball handling duties with Perkins. He has just revised his top-5 to include Villanova and Kansas and Gonzaga remained in it. (along with Texas/Creighton) We only know a tiny fraction of what goes on behind the scenes so I'm confident the staff has been in contact with him throughout the Williams recruiting process.

Keep in mind he has already visited and turned down Duke. I'm not concerned about him being blown away by program name. I think the staff is capable of selling him on the merits of Gonzaga vis a vis Kansas/Villanova with regards to next season. (and its also easier to sell a more mature early 20's young man than an AAU HS senior)

And if we can land Cremo, he's probably a better option than Williams for next season. (obviously I understand why the staff prioritized BW from an overall program impact standpoint but strictly evaluating next season, I think Cremo is the better player) His PPGAR was better than all but a handful of the most elite freshman last season. And I think he's more likely to buy in and thrive defensively next season.

Cremoís not the better player in any universe. The question is will it be enough? If so, then itís less of a let down to lose out on Brandon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OntZags
05-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Cremo’s not the better player in any universe. The question is will it be enough? If so, then it’s less of a let down to lose out on Brandon.

In the objective advanced analytic universes, he absolutely may well be. Only 9 freshmen in all of college ball last season outperformed Joe Cremo in terms of points per game above replacement. So unless you're certain that Brandon Williams will be a top-10 freshmen this season (and Cremo won't perform any better than last), it is an incredibly reasonable argument to believe that a 4th year Joe Cremo can outperform a 1st year Brandon Williams.

I'm not comparing their overall upsides, just strictly how they will perform next season. For you to suggest there is no universe where Cremo outperforms Williams next season belies an incredible ignorance in understanding of the difference between 18 & 22 year olds.

Coach Crazy
05-05-2018, 04:15 PM
In the objective advanced analytic universes, he absolutely may well be. Only 9 freshmen in all of college ball last season outperformed Joe Cremo in terms of points per game above replacement. So unless you're certain that Brandon Williams will be a top-10 freshmen this season (and Cremo won't perform any better than last), it is an incredibly reasonable argument to believe that a 4th year Joe Cremo can outperform a 1st year Brandon Williams.

I'm not comparing their overall upsides, just strictly how they will perform next season. For you to suggest there is no universe where Cremo outperforms Williams next season belies an incredible ignorance in understanding of the difference between 18 & 22 year olds.

Joe Cremo had an ORtg /DRtg of 123.4/104.4 and a BPM of 4.2, with a DBPM of -0.9, and a PER of 22 while playing an SR SOS of -5.41. As far as your age argument, Zach Norvell is 19? He provides far more value than Joe Cremo. And there area Burger Boys that will provide more value than he will, despite being 18. Not saying he isn't worth the look, or that age at times doesn't come with an advantage...or even that he can't be a piece to get things closer to a FF/NC run. He's just not Brandon Williams.

His first step isn't as quick, his dribble-drive penetration game is not as surgical as BWill's, his finishing in the lane isn't as refined, and he's not as athletic. If Joe Cremo is who we end up with, I don't think that's a terrible thing. But there is a reason BWill was priority numero uno.

We also don't know about other possible transfers. Sometimes the later summer brings gifts. I also have zero clue what the staff is feeling regarding Joe. The fact that he announced a final 5, and we haven't had him visit, tells me that they may have been in contact with him and were waiting for the Brandon Williams decision. If he schedules a visit, after turning down who he has, then that's definitely a positive. He's definitely a glue guy. Just like Byron, just like Dranginis, just like Silas.

Coach Crazy
05-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Cremo also doesn't really allow JP to slot in at the 2. And given Josh's situation, I was liking that idea.

OntZags
05-06-2018, 03:10 AM
Joe Cremo had an ORtg /DRtg of 123.4/104.4 and a BPM of 4.2, with a DBPM of -0.9, and a PER of 22 while playing an SR SOS of -5.41. As far as your age argument, Zach Norvell is 19? He provides far more value than Joe Cremo.

Coach, coach, coach. You're using statistics like a drunk uses a lamppost. For support, not illumination.

Using your metrics, Norvell had ratings of 120.7/98.0 and a BPM (a stat skewed for players on better teams btw) of 7.8 with a PER of 20.2 playing a SOS of 2.59. That doesn't scream "FAR MORE VALUE" to me. And I could counter with higher win shares, points per game above replacement and a slew of other stats if I was so inclined. BTW, how many freshman last season outperformed Cremo using your markers. I bet it wasn't 30.

Furthermore, I fully expect Zach Norvell to have a bigger impact in college basketball than Williams next season, too.

And there area Burger Boys that will provide more value than he will, despite being 18. Not saying he isn't worth the look, or that age at times doesn't come with an advantage...or even that he can't be a piece to get things closer to a FF/NC run. He's just not Brandon Williams.

Of course. That's what I said when I figured roughly the top~10 performing freshmen will likely have better seasons than Cremo. I'm confident RJ Barrett will have a better year. But Brandon Williams is not RJ Barrett and he's not a burger boy. He's very good but let's not make him out to be some generational talent or something.

His first step isn't as quick, his dribble-drive penetration game is not as surgical as BWill's, his finishing in the lane isn't as refined, and he's not as athletic.

I agree with all those points, although they pretty well point to the same thing. BWill is more athletic.

But Cremo is a far better shooter. He's got more experience and a more mature body and mentality. He also has a demonstrable track record of being able to take care of the ball at the D1 level (Higher than 2-1 AtoT), something that remains to be seen with Williams. And Cremo can get to the lane. He averaged 5 fta a game last season, far higher than any Gonzaga guard. He's not just a spot up shooter.

If Joe Cremo is who we end up with, I don't think that's a terrible thing. But there is a reason BWill was priority numero uno.

There were lots of reasons and Williams outperforming next season isn't necessarily one of them.

You had to prioritize BWill because he was a guy you're likely to get for multiple years versus 1 with Cremo. Also, the impact on recruiting by snagging a top-40 guard would have been huge. (not to mention Williams obviously has a better chance at the NBA so if he gets there, longer term that is big for recruiting, too) And stylistically, you can certainly argue Williams was is a better complimentary fit alongside Perkins.

But all those reasons do not mean Williams will 100% outperform Cremo next season and for you to suggest that there is no universe where Cremo is the better player next season is frankly ridiculous.

zaguarxj
05-06-2018, 08:18 AM
Paul Pennington is going to be too good to keep off the court, even if he is undersized. Ok, I'll admit that I have a soft spot in my head for short guys who can compete. This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I'm 5'7".

OntZags
05-06-2018, 08:39 AM
Paul Pennington is going to be too good to keep off the court, even if he is undersized. Ok, I'll admit that I have a soft spot in my head for short guys who can compete. This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I'm 5'7".

I loved the tape I saw of him. Kid has high major talent unfortunately stuck in a short guy's body. But I'd give him a fighting chance to work his way into the rotation as an upperclassmen.

soccerdud
05-06-2018, 10:20 AM
good post, ont. spot on wrt cremo/williams.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-06-2018, 10:28 AM
There were lots of reasons and Williams outperforming next season isn't necessarily one of them.

You had to prioritize BWill because he was a guy you're likely to get for multiple years versus 1 with Cremo. Also, the impact on recruiting by snagging a top-40 guard would have been huge. (not to mention Williams obviously has a better chance at the NBA so if he gets there, longer term that is big for recruiting, too)

+1

Cremo's spacing would further aid Rui's explosion. 42% career 3 point shooter in college (46% last year) vs. 30% for BWill both high school career and last year.

MDABE80
05-06-2018, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Coach Crazy;1387713]Cremo’s not the better player in any universe. The question is will it be enough? If so, then it’s less of a let down to lose out on Brandon.

Depending on whose universe. Joe might be the best given our needs. Established D1 skills with tons of maturity and experience. I doubt he 'll organize a national spectacle to let us know where he wants to play. BOGUS. Meanwhile, Joe's got developed skills and knows how to play AND he's done well.

It would be a gift to have him. I suspect we're a wee bit late and Joe may be staying in the Nova realm or go to Kansas. He has more opportunity at GU but wrong timing sometimes turns a good deal stale. We spent a lot of time and currency chasing down a teen who's a 2 yr player by his own description........Joe , well....he just might be gone given the attention we paid him.

jazzdelmar
05-06-2018, 10:37 AM
One good thing, we havenít heard from Joeís dad, or family, or friends...and nowhere do we see him on Twitter modeling the various uniforms of teams prostrating themselves to recruit him. So thatís refreshing.

[QUOTE=Coach Crazy;1387713]Cremoís not the better player in any universe. The question is will it be enough? If so, then itís less of a let down to lose out on Brandon.

Depending on whose universe. Joe might be the best given our needs. Established D1 skills with tons of maturity and experience. I doubt he 'll organize a national spectacle to let us know where he wants to play. BOGUS. Meanwhile, Joe's got developed skills and knows how to play AND he's done well.

It would be a gift to have him. I suspect we're a wee bit late and Joe may be staying in the Nova realm or go to Kansas. He has more opportunity at GU but wrong timing sometimes turns a good deal stale. We spent a lot of time and currency chasing down a teen who's a 2 yr player by his own description........Joe , well....he just might be gone given the attention we paid him.

MDABE80
05-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Jazz they're going to grumbling at us troublemakers more than they do now if we keep pointing out the obvious! lololol
I do hope Joe comes. Seems like a decent fit. We've done well with the grad transfers in the past. I don't see why anything would be different now. It's time to hunker down. Why now? Because we have a real shot at a NC run. Nobody has a perfect team.......even if there is a perfect team, they rarely go the distance.
I'm still sold on more blue collar type kids who turn into superior players through talent, training by staff and their own tireless effort. And then there's the "team" concept. Joe seems to have that down.

zaguarxj
05-06-2018, 11:27 AM
I thought this was supposed to be about who is going to play PG. The Williams bashing thread is *that way*.

kitzbuel
05-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Does Few stick with what we have or does he pick up a transfer?

Yes

jazzdelmar
05-06-2018, 11:32 AM
I thought this was supposed to be about who is going to play PG. The Williams bashing thread is *that way*.

Chiding, not bashing.

MDABE80
05-06-2018, 11:33 AM

Nobody's doing bashing.........it's just opinion that Cremo ( for our purposes) might be a better choice given our situation. PG= Josh but not quite. We need someone who compliments Josh. Joe looks like that guy although I'm not sure we don't have a good kid to do that already here. Just makin' fun of the extravaganza Williams created. His Dad voted for us BTW..I thought we had a shot but the best thing happened. It's not moral turpitude or anything big laid at his doorstep.

We need a common sense player.

JPtheBeasta
05-06-2018, 12:27 PM
Silas ran the point in a pinch last year. So did Norvell. Norvell is still here (to point out the obvious).

I haven’t seen him play yet, but the Ayayi is reportedly fast and a great defender. If all he did was spell Perkins for a few minutes, bring the ball up the floor, take care of the ball and play disruptive defense it should be alright. A Meech 2.0 wouldn’t be ideal on this team but would get the job done from the backup PG spot.

GrizZAG
05-08-2018, 08:04 PM
Speaking of Ayayi, has anyone seen him enough to have a good description of what we can expect to see? What exactly do we have there?

willandi
05-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Wade played injured and with a year in the system may well be ready to contribute at PG. He won't necessarily need to be a sniper/shooter, but if he can handle the point, distribute the ball and shoot enough to keep the defense honest, PG may be covered by Perkins, Ayayi and Wade, with Norvell filling in as needed.

The cupboard is far from bare!

Zagceo
05-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Doesn’t Wade suffer similar shoulder ailment as Josh?

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Wade played injured and with a year in the system may well be ready to contribute at PG. He won't necessarily need to be a sniper/shooter, but if he can handle the point, distribute the ball and shoot enough to keep the defense honest, PG may be covered by Perkins, Ayayi and Wade, with Norvell filling in as needed.

The cupboard is far from bare!

Yeah, so many posters seem to have completely written off Wade. I hope his shoulder is healthy and he gets a full summer of workouts and practice in to compete for PG minutes for this team come the fall. Nothing like watching your coaches bend over backwards to land a PG recruit to motivate you to prove you can help this team.

LongIslandZagFan
05-09-2018, 04:19 AM
Yeah, so many posters seem to have completely written off Wade. I hope his shoulder is healthy and he gets a full summer of workouts and practice in to compete for PG minutes for this team come the fall. Nothing like watching your coaches bend over backwards to land a PG recruit to motivate you to prove you can help this team.

Worse, they look at a kid who went on mission, trying to shake off the rust, then getting injured... and say he isn't D1 quality based on the limited minutes he got.

strikenowhere
05-09-2018, 05:27 AM

The writing off of Wade isn't helped by William's intense recruitment - if anything that looked like he was getting recruited over.

thespywhozaggedme
05-09-2018, 05:40 AM
The writing off of Wade isn't helped by William's intense recruitment - if anything that looked like he was getting recruited over.

Well, he was. But that happens at every college.

Coach Crazy
05-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Well, he was. But that happens at every college.

And Akinjo, and Carr...etc. Not to mention he has already signed Ravet and has a commitment from Harris the year after that. Jesse Wade can still control his destiny, but this year could very well be his sink or swim year.

JPtheBeasta
05-09-2018, 06:36 AM
It’s a long for anyone to handle PG duties at 6’8” who is not named Magic Johnson or Lebron James, but Foster played PG for his high school team. He’s a dark horse in this.

Coach Crazy
05-09-2018, 06:38 AM
It’s a long for anyone to handle PG duties at 6’8” who is not named Magic Johnson or Lebron James, but Foster played PG for his high school team. He’s a dark horse in this.

Brave post.

ZagsObserver
05-09-2018, 06:39 AM

He’s not a dark horse for 2018. If he makes significant improvements he has a shot in future years. Rooting for him to make that transformation.

zaguarxj
05-09-2018, 09:15 AM

He's 6'8" now??? Is this another Olynyk situation where a kid grows so fast it takes a couple of years to learn how to adapt? I guess I'd be ok with that but some PG help would be nice for next year.

ZagsObserver
05-09-2018, 09:18 AM
He's 6'8" now??? Is this another Olynyk situation where a kid grows so fast it takes a couple of years to learn how to adapt? I guess I'd be ok with that but some PG help would be nice for next year.

Heís 6í6Ē

Hogan
05-09-2018, 09:31 AM
The holier than thou posts really get tiring. In regards to Wade I think the vast majority of people who question whether he will be a major contributor base this on what we have seen of him on the court. What we see is a small guard who does not make up for his short stature with the kind of electric quickness needed at the level the Zags now operate. Nothing more nefarious than that. And of course we all route for him and hope our assessments are wrong.

jazzdelmar
05-09-2018, 09:40 AM
The holier than thou posts really get tiring. In regards to Wade I think the vast majority of people who question whether he will be a major contributor base this on what we have seen of him on the court. What we see is a small guard who does not make up for his short stature with the kind of electric quickness needed at the level the Zags now operate. Nothing more nefarious than that. And of course we all route for him and hope our assessments are wrong.

Agree, Hogan. Being the board's Defender of the Faith must be terribly exhausting.

JPtheBeasta
05-09-2018, 11:53 AM

My apologies. I misremembered this article (https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nevada-preps/clark-high-guard-greg-foster-jr-grew-game-with-nba-players/), which has him at 6'7". I'm not sure if that's in flats or in heels.

I've seen him listed at 6'4", 6'5", 6'6" and 6'7". My basic point is that he is tall for a point guard.

DixieZag
05-09-2018, 04:26 PM
My apologies. I misremembered this article (https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nevada-preps/clark-high-guard-greg-foster-jr-grew-game-with-nba-players/), which has him at 6'7". I'm not sure if that's in flats or in heels.

I've seen him listed at 6'4", 6'5", 6'6" and 6'7". My basic point is that he is tall for a point guard.

Hey, we've made it work with guys who were too short to play the position (I'm speaking of the "ideal" PG height), why can't we go the other direction and make it work with a guy who is too tall?

Foster is interesting. The backstory fascinating. He has a wonderful opportunity, expectations at a reasonable level, to come in and surprise, prove himself, play with a chip on his shoulder - which happens to be about 3 inches higher off the ground than the average PG, it could be a tall "chip" to play.

I think people have confused the strong desire to get Perk some help as deriving out of some doubts as to the team, when nothing could be further from the truth. Speaking for myself only, it is because I believe the guys on this team are SO good, and SO deep, that they represent our best hope yet for a national championship, and that is why getting Josh some help was such a huge deal, not because the team was in such need but bc this team has a chance to do something so special that they deserve every single advantage they can get.

It would be just wonderful if Foster could walk in and blow us all away by contributing as a true frosh, even just adequately running the point for 7 minutes a game, 3:30 each half, would be a huge contribution.

Reborn
05-09-2018, 04:48 PM
The questions about our point guards will not be answered for a long time. There are just so many options, and we haven't even seen two of our Zags play yet ( Foster and Ayayi). I can't write either of them off because I haven't seen them play. How some people have such deep convictions without seeing them play in a Zag uni is just beyond me. But that's actually what message boards are all about. Just spending time talking to a few on-line friends about the future. We have to do something between March and October. ha ha ha.

I think Few is still trying to get a back-up guard who can play and contribute right away. That speaks volumes to me. I don't think he's just trying to fill in a scholarship player. Few's not like that. I'm not ruling out the 5' 7" guard from Montana. I think he could fill the bill, and I'd love picking up a player who was an ol rival in Montana. In the last 10-12 years Montana has had a very good basketball program and I'd like to believe that their starting point guard is pretty good. Paul Pennington is Zag Material. Let's see what happens.

Go Zags!!!

zag67
05-09-2018, 05:04 PM
I also agree that we are not hurting as much as some think. We have Wade, Ayayi, Foster, and Norvelle for being backups. Wade is a shooter and is very good in assists. Foster is going to be an assist first player. Ayayi is a defensive player first, that seemed like he could help as a point (he also had one year of GU coaching that should help in other aspects). I do feel that the coaching staff will have many "opportunities" with this group. I think Wade may need to have a zone defense against some teams. Others may to have offensive schemes put in place.

But I do feel that we will be better than many think. But I would not like to be a coach this summer.

JPtheBeasta
05-09-2018, 08:54 PM
I also agree that we are not hurting as much as some think. We have Wade, Ayayi, Foster, and Norvelle for being backups. Wade is a shooter and is very good in assists. Foster is going to be an assist first player. Ayayi is a defensive player first, that seemed like he could help as a point (he also had one year of GU coaching that should help in other aspects). I do feel that the coaching staff will have many "opportunities" with this group. I think Wade may need to have a zone defense against some teams. Others may to have offensive schemes put in place.

But I do feel that we will be better than many think. But I would not like to be a coach this summer.

I agree with your sentiments. Practices should be pretty interesting. Coach Few has a lot of different tools on the bench but may not have that one backup who can do a little of everything like Dranginis and others have done. I expect a lot of improvement from Kispert, but he won’t solve the backup point guard problem we have had for actually 2 years now. This biggest deal to me is insurance for Perkins if he doesn’t recover well from surgery or has another injury.

JPtheBeasta
05-09-2018, 08:57 PM
It would be just wonderful if Foster could walk in and blow us all away by contributing as a true frosh, even just adequately running the point for 7 minutes a game, 3:30 each half, would be a huge contribution.

That would be fantastic.

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-10-2018, 02:58 AM
The questions about our point guards will not be answered for a long time. There are just so many options, and we haven't even seen two of our Zags play yet ( Foster and Ayayi). I can't write either of them off because I haven't seen them play. How some people have such deep convictions without seeing them play in a Zag uni is just beyond me. But that's actually what message boards are all about. Just spending time talking to a few on-line friends about the future. We have to do something between March and October. ha ha ha.

I think Few is still trying to get a back-up guard who can play and contribute right away. That speaks volumes to me. I don't think he's just trying to fill in a scholarship player. Few's not like that. I'm not ruling out the 5' 7" guard from Montana. I think he could fill the bill, and I'd love picking up a player who was an ol rival in Montana. In the last 10-12 years Montana has had a very good basketball program and I'd like to believe that their starting point guard is pretty good. Paul Pennington is Zag Material. Let's see what happens.

Go Zags!!!

Agree w your enthusiasm Reborn. Pennington is from Boise, ID by the way. It’s be great if he surprises and earns pt but at 5’10” and 150lbs I just don’t see him being the extra playmaker piece this team needs.

Coach Crazy
05-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Agree w your enthusiasm Reborn. Pennington is from Boise, ID by the way. It’s be great if he surprises and earns pt but at 5’10” and 150lbs I just don’t see him being the extra playmaker piece this team needs.

Nope. He'd have to be an absolute assassin. But with Travis, he might have a shot at 175 or 180 if he crushes it.

bdmiller7
05-10-2018, 08:23 AM
I don't think size is as important as this board makes it out to be. I brought it up in a previous post but of the last 15 national champs 3 had pg's over 6'1". Heck, David Stockton is listed at 5'11" 165lbs and last I saw him he was playing in an NBA playoff game. Height is nice, but if they can play they can play.

bartruff1
05-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Prominent NBA coach said the two most overrated things in basketball are half time leads and height.

Coach Crazy
05-10-2018, 08:55 AM
I don't think size is as important as this board makes it out to be. I brought it up in a previous post but of the last 15 national champs 3 had pg's over 6'1". Heck, David Stockton is listed at 5'11" 165lbs and last I saw him he was playing in an NBA playoff game. Height is nice, but if they can play they can play.

150 lbs. kids are limited in what they can do. It puts you at distinct physical disadvantages. It limits what you can do on both offense and defense. Height isn't *as much* the problem. But don't kid yourself. As a coach that prefers defense, if I saw a kid that was 5'10" 150, it wouldn't be difficult to shut him down.

MileHigh
05-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Prominent NBA coach said the two most overrated things in basketball are half time leads and height.

Length (reach) is a much more important measure than height for a basketball player.

i once coached a kid who measured out at 6-7 in socks but he had a real long neck, a big head, and short arms. His reach (flat feet extended arm) was less than that of another 6-3 kid on the same team.

MileHigh
05-10-2018, 09:32 AM
I think Zags are fine at pg for next year. Josh is already ahead of schedule with his rehab so I am pretty confident he will good to go by the fall. Norvell can play the point when Josh sits with Kispert playing the 2. Kispert can also spell Rui at the 3.

The bigger problem (IMO) is 2019-20. Who will be the starting pg at that point is anyones guess. Norvell is OK in spot duty but I dont like him as a point as his primary position. Whoever plays pg in 19-20 is going to be pretty green

Coach Crazy
05-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Length (reach) is a much more important measure than height for a basketball player.

i once coached a kid who measured out at 6-7 in socks but he had a real long neck, a big head, and short arms. His reach (flat feet extended arm) was less than that of another 6-3 kid on the same team.

All day.