PDA

View Full Version : Zags to host Denver

Ekrub
05-04-2018, 06:21 AM
Per Jon rothstein on twittet

gozagswoohoo
05-04-2018, 07:08 AM
Nice! I wonder if it's just a one time thing, or if it will be a home and home? Hopefully it's a home and home, because my sis lives right there near Denver!! Free place to stay, and a good excuse to plan a trip to visit her.

Kong-Kool-Aid
05-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Last years RPI 229

NotoriousZ
05-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Last years RPI 229

As long as this replaces a 300+ RPI scheduling blunder, I’m good with that.

gonzagafan62
05-04-2018, 10:35 AM
First cupcake scheduled. Expect two or three more

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-04-2018, 10:37 AM
Hell Zags should have agreed to play @ Denver for Perks sake! His Zag career deserves a game in his hometown during his final season....and wouldn’t a W at Denver be a stronger quality win than at home for Zags?

jpn17
05-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Hell Zags should have agreed to play @ Denver for Perks sake! His Zag career deserves a game in his hometown during his final season....and wouldn’t a W at Denver be a stronger quality win than at home for Zags?

A win over Denver won't ever be described as "quality" regardless of where the game is played.

Zags_Fanatic
05-04-2018, 08:21 PM
I bet we'll get a visit from Chauncey Billips in the Kennel at this game. His brother Rodney is the coach and JP and Chauncey are connected via Park Hill.

MileHigh
05-09-2018, 06:33 AM
while Zags should handle DU pretty easily, DU will be much improved next year with a 6-8 grad transfer from Creighton and a 6-9 grad transfer from Colorado. Both were starters at their respective schools. I could see them winning the Summit League next year which would help Zags RPI considerably

raise the zag
05-09-2018, 08:52 AM
while Zags should handle DU pretty easily, DU will be much improved next year with a 6-8 grad transfer from Creighton and a 6-9 grad transfer from Colorado. Both were starters at their respective schools. I could see them winning the Summit League next year which would help Zags RPI considerably

This.

Denver has had a few respectable years in Bball, plus I noticed they secured a couple solid grad transfers. The kid from Creighton was a really good wing, had 6pts & 8rebs vs Zags this season, avg 26 mpg too.

Also, they had one of their better recruiting classes last season.

They are due for a Top-150 type season, imho. Which is a solid game for us in b/w our pretty insane Nov & Dec slate, potentially best ever.

CDC84
05-09-2018, 09:26 AM
The Zags have never really scheduled "hometown" games for their players, so I don't expect it to happen with Perkins and Denver this season. It could be a Thursday night warm up game after finals week since Denver is only 830 miles from Spokane.

Withers said in a blog entry that GU will be trying to schedule 200 area RPI teams for their guarantee games instead of the Howard-type schools. Denver appears to be the first one. It would be nice to get another Utah State type school, but the lower you go in the 100's, the more you have to pay the opposing program. It's worth it to pay that extra money. Especially with this year's team.

MDABE80
05-09-2018, 11:19 AM
I like this type of game. It's good for us. Give the kids some work. Denver just might have improved a lot with the two transfers. It's only 2 hrs back and forth.