PDA

View Full Version : The RagTag Zags

BobZag
02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
That's my name for this year's team. Beaten down by the schedule, the travel, the ill-timing within schedule, the injuries and now the loss of a player...

Often a frontline of Downs and Pendo, or Bouldin and Pendo, standing next to Dorsey, Dozier and Cooper. lol. I had to smile and comment to Russell that it looks like "Mutt and Jeff".

Amazingly, though, rebounding was very close.

roxdoc
02-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Great lines from John Blanchette in the Spokesman Review today:

"It was, indeed, a rush for a sellout crowd of 11,272 to see that fun and energy cranked up at what seemed to be the crossroads the Zags down 12 points, Mallon unable to play, Kuso benched with his fourth foul and Pendo and the four guards out there with their cardboard swords.

It was just so old-school Zag, if something less than a decade old can be seen as old school.

TheBeast
02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Great lines from John Blanchette in the Spokesman Review today:
"...and Pendo and the four guards out there with their cardboard swords."

That's pretty much the greatest line out of any article I have ever read about anything ever. Seriously. That's freaking awesome.

bigblahla
02-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Watching Pendo on Dorsey reminded me of Spink wrapping himself around Madman Madsen in the Stanford game back when. What heart! If there was ever a guy who gave everything to the Zags it's Pendo.

Called into action as a freshman he has played out of position his entire career. Hell he's been a four so long he is a four, a five or what ever we need him to be.

Pendo is SuperZag!!!

Go!! Zags!!!

sittingon50
02-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Great comparison to Spink, blaha, although Mark's hair wasn't QUITE as red!

treehorn
02-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Just like Spink, Pendergraft does whatever is asked of him. Unlike Spink, God love him, Pendergraft can shoot (4 for 5 yesterday; 2 for 2 from 3 pt line). Looking forward to some offense being run through him down the line.

sanfranzagsguy20
02-18-2007, 09:11 PM
there has been no reason to not let pendo shoot more...as of today he is shooting nearly 56% from the field and 47% from 3 point land...and he has scored in every game...which is a feat among itself considering he doesnt start...this guy deserves more opportunities...with everything happening right now he is probably going to get more shots...what he does with them is well, up to him...here's betting he takes advantage

tobizag
02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Pendo's big shots kept us in this game time and time again...I love David Pendergraft. He is my favorite Zag. His defense was something to behold, especially given that half the fouls called on him were questionable at best. He did a job on Dorsey (who by the way is an athletic beast!!!) and it was awesome to be right there and see it. He was hands down my player of the game.

TheZagPhish
02-18-2007, 11:59 PM
David is the glue. He comes on the court and good stuff happens. He's cognizant and disciplined. It's his leadership that will guide this team next season - and I hope with a great deal more shooting.