Why is there no pinned thread for 2018-19 schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strikenowhere
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2009

Why is there no pinned thread for 2018-19 schedule?

Why is there no pinned thread for 2018-19 schedule developments? Seems like there should be, along with a chart detailing everything known about the schedule so far. Would be nice to have an easy way to look at upcoming games. I mean we have a pinned thread for scholarships started in 2016!
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The following table represents a preliminary look into the future Gonzaga basketball schedules for the 2020-21 season and beyond. See more Future and Past Gonzaga Schedules Special Notes: All times…

Comment

• kitzbuel
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
      Why is there no pinned thread for 2018-19 schedule developments? Seems like there should be, along with a chart detailing everything known about the schedule so far. Would be nice to have an easy way to look at upcoming games. I mean we have a pinned thread for scholarships started in 2016!
      Because Woohoo is officially in charge of it and the official GU Boards schedule will be officially recorded in his official WooHoo Basketball Schedule of Destiny.
      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

R.E. the Maui Tourney field, you can't have a 9 team field. Chaminade is only participating every-other year now & if memory serves, this is the year they sit. Anyone?
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagzKrak
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
          R.E. the Maui Tourney field, you can't have a 9 team field. Chaminade is only participating every-other year now & if memory serves, this is the year they sit. Anyone?
          Correct

Comment

• SWZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
            Which is too bad in my opinion.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
              Unless you're Virginia.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
                Personally, I think it's awesome.

That tourney is nearly perfect, I always thought the one bad thing about it was that 3 teams had to waste a game vs Chaminade. That long trip should at least get you 3 games vs D1 schools IMO.

I'd be more for the inclusion of Chaminade if they were local to Maui and really got the fans involved. They are from Honolulu and no one seems to care about them.

I like that Chaminade is still getting D1 games out of the event, even if they have to travel to the mainland.

I'm just glad that we won't have to waste a day, film session, etc. focusing on them and playing them. They don't bring anything to the Maui Invitational that pretty much any D2 school couldn't.
                "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                  Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                  Because Woohoo is officially in charge of it and the official GU Boards schedule will be officially recorded in his official WooHoo Basketball Schedule of Destiny.
                  Precisely. Give me just a bit, and I'll be posting the 2016-2017 schedule that reflect Japan's time zone. I should be to the 2018-2019 schedule here within about 21 months.
                  Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                    Precisely. Give me just a bit, and I'll be posting the 2016-2017 schedule that reflect Japan's time zone. I should be to the 2018-2019 schedule here within about 21 months.
                    Gozagswoohoo. Da. Man.
                    sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

At least Chaminade is D-2. At least they didn't wreck your RPI.

Comment

• DZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                        Ha! Nice one.

The "Japan time" stuff will be a challenge, since it is also likely a "Japan date" as it will be the next day, which will cause all kinds of havoc.

But, since we love our international players, and we ARE nothing if not international and efficient, perhaps only you, woohoo, could be the college basketball fan that creates a schedule based entirely on UTC or Greenwich Mean Time, and since we're going international, may as well go all the way and do it with 24 hours, so a typical game might be 12-4-18 14:00 UTC. Sure, it would be confusing at first, but everyone will be "on the same page" throughout the world soon enough.

Glad you're on it!
                        Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                        Mark Twain.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                          • Feb 2007

Greenwich mean time. It would be mean time for me too if I got a Greenwich instead of a ham sandwich.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
                            Perhaps you should do the research and dig through the MBB forum to create an OP that incorporates these features. It would be a fascinating thread OP. . .it's the off-season. . .you have plenty of time
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                            X