PDA

View Full Version : OT: Gonzaga Podcast

thebigsmoove
04-23-2018, 07:06 AM
Hello Folks,

I've been kicking around the idea of starting a YouTube Channel/Podcast on a weekly or biweekly basis about all things Gonzaga Basketball. Id be interested in bringing on guests from GU Boards occasionally. Maybe even former players, recruits, national or regional recruiting analysts, etc. What would be the appetite among regular users for something like this? Would anyone be interested in having a podcast or YouTube video to listen to (or watch) that focused on the Zags?

ZAG 4 LIFE
04-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Hello Folks,

I've been kicking around the idea of starting a YouTube Channel/Podcast on a weekly or biweekly basis about all things Gonzaga Basketball. Id be interested in bringing on guests from GU Boards occasionally. Maybe even former players, recruits, national or regional recruiting analysts, etc. What would be the appetite among regular users for something like this? Would anyone be interested in having a podcast or YouTube video to listen to (or watch) that focused on the Zags?

Two Thumbs Up

cjm720
04-23-2018, 08:08 AM
Love it

Hoopaholic
04-23-2018, 09:06 AM
absolutely

gozagswoohoo
04-23-2018, 09:33 AM
Definitely!

Bogozags
04-23-2018, 09:54 AM
Hello Folks,

I think that’s fantastic...let me know if I can assist!

EEzag
04-23-2018, 10:08 AM
I think thatís fantastic...let me know if I can assist!

I need something to keep me fed till football season starts. FF podcasts can only do so much!

An objective podcast that isn't averse to stepping on the occasional toe would be awesome.

Hoopaholic
04-23-2018, 11:08 AM
I need something to keep me fed till football season starts. FF podcasts can only do so much!

An objective podcast that isn't averse to stepping on the occasional toe would be awesome.

and family clean please......i subscribe to one zag podcast but can only listen to it with my headphones away from my grandkids

zagbeliever
04-23-2018, 11:51 AM
I like the idea.

smaz88
04-23-2018, 12:24 PM
I'd listen no matter what, even if its paid subscription only

Worthington
04-23-2018, 12:40 PM
I would listen, but be careful about starting a turf war with the guys over at Free Ira Brown ;)

thebigsmoove
04-23-2018, 01:27 PM
I would listen, but be careful about starting a turf war with the guys over at Free Ira Brown ;)

No Turf wars, lol. Probably planning a different direction and style, no knock on the Free Ira folks.

23dpg
04-23-2018, 02:55 PM
I’d watch/listen!

23dpg
04-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Iíd watch/listen!

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-23-2018, 03:43 PM
I would gladly appear as a special guest. Please contact my agent to discuss my fee schedule.

kylasdad
04-23-2018, 05:22 PM
I think it would be great to hear from family members of players. It would be great to hear the perspective of parents or siblings watching their GU star family member throughout all the ups and downs.

Coach Crazy
04-23-2018, 06:42 PM
I'd listen no matter what, even if its paid subscription only

Paid subscription is an outdated model.

Zags11
04-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Id listen and be down. It should be pg rated imo.

thebigsmoove
04-24-2018, 05:55 AM
Id listen and be down. It should be pg rated imo.

Definitely more interested in keeping it family friendly. Something our kids/grandkids could listen to or watch.

Paid subscription is an outdated model.

I think it would be funded by ad dollars and Patreon donations, no paid subscriptions necessary.

Zagricultural
04-24-2018, 12:00 PM
It'd be awesome!

I'd love it, be careful with the family member thing.

thebigsmoove
04-24-2018, 12:18 PM
It'd be awesome!

I'd love it, be careful with the family member thing.

We would definitely run things by compliance at GU in the event we were unsure of the rules surrounding media contact with recruits and/or recruit family members.

Coach Crazy
04-24-2018, 12:29 PM
We would definitely run things by compliance at GU in the event we were unsure of the rules surrounding media contact with recruits and/or recruit family members.

If you're not living on the edge, you ain't living...

Knotsolucky
04-25-2018, 03:54 AM
Yes please...

kitzbuel
04-25-2018, 04:48 AM
I bet he will double the fee of your last appearance. [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Zagger
04-25-2018, 05:08 AM
I'd be tuned in - and have a few Zag fan pals near and far that would be too. I think it's good timing for a Gonzaga Podcast what with the 18-19 'loaded-ness'. Interest in GU basketball certainly is not waining.

CanadianZagsFan
04-28-2018, 10:01 PM
Id be in for being a monthly/bi monthly guest.
I've followed the team since their first run, and a broadcast journalist grad. Message me for more details.

billyberu
04-29-2018, 12:53 PM
Yes. Do it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hooray4Daye&Gray
04-29-2018, 01:22 PM
Id be in for being a monthly/bi monthly guest.
I've followed the team since their first run, and a broadcast journalist grad. Message me for more details.

Ditto on all the above.

thebigsmoove
05-01-2018, 05:58 AM
What are some of the segments and features you all would like present in a podcast? I am open to all ideas, big or small.

Ekrub
05-01-2018, 06:26 AM
What are some of the segments and features you all would like present in a podcast? I am open to all ideas, big or small.

GU boards recap. Discuss all the latest gossips/rumors/fights on the guboards. Wendy Williams style.

Reborn
05-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Great idea. This board needs some new blood injected into our system. Ha ha ha ha I think I've had too many surgeries and treatments and blood draws lately. OMG!!

Go Zags!!!

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 05:49 PM
GU boards recap. Discuss all the latest gossips/rumors/fights on the guboards. Wendy Williams style.

How would you feel about a GU round table where members of GU boards and the general GU community would get a chance to come in and discuss these things and possibly other topics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZagaholicPodcast
06-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Since this seems to be a very slow period of time, Zagaholic would like to get an idea of some of the coverage you guys would like to see, that isn't already out there, for Gonzaga Basketball. Any thoughts?

cjm720
06-11-2018, 10:45 AM
Since this seems to be a very slow period of time, Zagaholic would like to get an idea of some of the coverage you guys would like to see, that isn't already out there, for Gonzaga Basketball. Any thoughts?

How about a show on the daily routine for the kids sticking around for the summer?

ZagaholicPodcast
06-11-2018, 11:04 AM
How about a show on the daily routine for the kids sticking around for the summer?

So, like a long-form E:60 type segment?

strikenowhere
06-11-2018, 11:47 AM

- Info about practices and how they're structured, what they do specifically, etc.
- More insight into players interviewing potential recruits on visits; any stories about players getting rejected outright
- General dunking on St. Mary's is always appreciated
- Aggregated roundup of latest recruiting news

SLOZag
06-11-2018, 11:48 AM

How about a round table discussion among folks who have just viewed an evening-scrimmage-after-summer-camp?

ZagaholicPodcast
06-11-2018, 12:13 PM
How about a round table discussion among folks who have just viewed an evening-scrimmage-after-summer-camp?

It is more likely than not that the first podcast will be right around Kraziness in the Kennel. So, this would be something that would probably happen the following off-season, but I am seeing a pattern developing for wanting to get more perspective on player's lives and program life, as well. What the co-host's of the podcast have determined, is that GU personalities (Including GU Boards, possibly SSF, and ITK, etc.) having an end of podcast/near the end Roundtable Discussion is going to get a run, to see how it plays out.

ZagaholicPodcast
06-11-2018, 12:15 PM
- Info about practices and how they're structured, what they do specifically, etc.
- More insight into players interviewing potential recruits on visits; any stories about players getting rejected outright
- General dunking on St. Mary's is always appreciated
- Aggregated roundup of latest recruiting news

The last one is definitely something to look into. We'll be shooting for soundbites and what not for any news, if we can get them. As well, we are going to do an aggregated roundup for Zag professionals in the news. It wouldn't be a GU podcast without dunking on Mouthguard or Chiclet Supreme.

jazzdelmar
06-11-2018, 12:39 PM
I'm in....

GonzagasaurusFlex
06-11-2018, 04:37 PM

Would be cool to learn more about how key player’s summer plans get determined. So many options it seems: stay on campus to take classes and workout w teammates + strength training resources; pursue national team opportunities; test the NBA waters (JWIII in ‘17); go home and workout just to get a break from campus and the spotlight (didn’t Perkins spend most of at least one summer at home in Colorado?).

I’d love to hear the coaches discuss how those decisions are made & their perspective on pros and cons of the various options.

ZagaholicPodcast
06-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Would be cool to learn more about how key player’s summer plans get determined. So many options it seems: stay on campus to take classes and workout w teammates + strength training resources; pursue national team opportunities; test the NBA waters (JWIII in ‘17); go home and workout just to get a break from campus and the spotlight (didn’t Perkins spend most of at least one summer at home in Colorado?).

I’d love to hear the coaches discuss how those decisions are made & their perspective on pros and cons of the various options.

Awesome! Keep these suggestions coming!