PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Williams

Pages : [1] 2 3

cggonzaga
04-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Can we just have a Brandon Williams thread with his visit being this week? The weather is going to be spectacular. Right around 75-80 degrees. Keeping fingers crossed!

Zagger
04-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Can we just have a Brandon Williams thread with his visit being this week? The weather is going to be spectacular. Right around 75-80 degrees. Keeping fingers crossed!

The raging waters of the Spokane River should be pretty impressive too - as will the new Volkar Center. I have a good feeling about BW's visit.

Malastein
04-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Agreed. Separate the wheat from the chaff. Brandon seems like a guy who could probably commit.

EEzag
04-22-2018, 07:37 PM
Agreed. Separate the wheat from the chaff. Brandon seems like a guy who could probably commit.

Remember when all we wanted was an official visit? When if we could get him here we had a punchers chance?

Well he's going to be here, and we are his last visit. That used to be huge. Still is?

thespywhozaggedme
04-22-2018, 08:42 PM
Gotta think he's very aware of perks recent surgery and that he has a very good shot of being the opening day starting point guard due to Josh's recovery.

cggonzaga
04-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Gotta think he's very aware of perks recent surgery and that he has a very good shot of being the opening day starting point guard due to Josh's recovery.

I believe he’ll be the opening day starting point guard whether or not Perkins is ready to go. Or at least as that Goss-Perkins combo from a couple years ago. Again, this kid is high high major.

jazzdelmar
04-23-2018, 04:37 AM
I believe he’ll be the opening day starting point guard whether or not Perkins is ready to go. Or at least as that Goss-Perkins combo from a couple years ago. Again, this kid is high high major.

Moreover, the starting PG on a top 5 team (should he commit). No other team in the hunt even comes close.

thespywhozaggedme
04-23-2018, 05:06 AM
When does he get to Spokane, Friday?

JPtheBeasta
04-23-2018, 06:02 AM
Moreover, the starting PG on a top 5 team (should he commit). No other team in the hunt even comes close.

It’s really the ideal situation. He’ll be protect this year by veteran players and he wont be asked to do too much. The team would be his completely the year after, and he’ll have plenty of talent to play with to showcase his abilities. If he goes to Oregon, the players who are trying to get him there might not even be there the next year, and this year is a coin flip when it comes to whether or not Oregon puts it all together.

GoZags
04-23-2018, 06:07 AM
Mark, Tommy, the staff, Thayne and the Administration will do their best to convey the essence of what it's like to be a part of the Gonzaga program ... the Gonzaga community ... the Gonzaga family.

And speaking of "family" ... the Pontiff (Angelo Roncalli) summed up the how/why of Gonzaga's "family" atmosphere with these comments .... with the link below.

Coach Giacoletti expanded on the community aspect at Gonzaga when he spoke on Monday.

He mentioned that there was a fusion of Fr. Spitzer's vision for GU and Mark Few's vision for GU basketball that has created the unique situation at GU.

He also talked about the family atmosphere of the coaching staff and team. He said that every school's coaching staff will tell you that their program is a family. For the most part it's "BS" he observed. He said the only other situation he's seen like Gonzaga is Duke's. He mentioned a couple of major schools who represent themselves as "family," but said that under the surface they're pretty dysfunctional. Coach G said he's been part of 9 different college coaching staffs, and of them, GU is unique in its approach, its individuals and its continuity.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?22834-1-000th-post-a-little-pontification&p=466145#post466145

DixieZag
04-23-2018, 06:16 AM

To me, this is our "closing argument." Time will tell what Arizona's ultimate fate will be off the court, 'on" the court next year will be a re-building project like no other, coach's real focus is anyone's guess, but it's anything but a typical "Arizona" team, not the team he dreamed of joining.

No one can say choosing the University of Oregon is a 'bad choice' in any context, solid, stable, academics sound, but he will be one among many "stars" all learning the game, lots of growing pains and lots of unknowns, how is his development impacted by possible slow learners, etc?

Here, he walks into a line up where he can lean on the others to soak up a few of his growing pains, Josh will give him a gentle shove toward his guy on defense, Rui and Tillie will be exactly where coach says they'll be, and if he messes up a set, Norvelle is more than happy to bury a 22 footer with the shot clock buzzing. It is a top 5 team without him, and it has an opening perfect for him. Join that team, and feel the "elite" team buzz from day 1, go to Maui and take it to Duke, go to Chapel Hill and avenge Nigel. But, most importantly, benefit in personal development by relying on upperclassmen surrounding him, win the whole thing, first time ever.

If we show him the campus, the family feel, the development people who make sure classes/study time is organized to the minute, meets all the guys who are planning on doing a lot of "winning" next year, and he still doesn't commit, then I think everyone's better off with him following his instincts.

I have seen nothing here to indicate we don't have a very real shot.

77Zag
04-23-2018, 06:38 AM
To me, this is our "closing argument." Time will tell what Arizona's ultimate fate will be off the court, 'on" the court next year will be a re-building project like no other, coach's real focus is anyone's guess, but it's anything but a typical "Arizona" team, not the team he dreamed of joining.

No one can say choosing the University of Oregon is a 'bad choice' in any context, solid, stable, academics sound, but he will be one among many "stars" all learning the game, lots of growing pains and lots of unknowns, how is his development impacted by possible slow learners, etc?

Here, he walks into a line up where he can lean on the others to soak up a few of his growing pains, Josh will give him a gentle shove toward his guy on defense, Rui and Tillie will be exactly where coach says they'll be, and if he messes up a set, Norvelle is more than happy to bury a 22 footer with the shot clock buzzing. It is a top 5 team without him, and it has an opening perfect for him. Join that team, and feel the "elite" team buzz from day 1, go to Maui and take it to Duke, go to Chapel Hill and avenge Nigel. But, most importantly, benefit in personal development by relying on upperclassmen surrounding him, win the whole thing, first time ever.

If we show him the campus, the family feel, the development people who make sure classes/study time is organized to the minute, meets all the guys who are planning on doing a lot of "winning" next year, and he still doesn't commit, then I think everyone's better off with him following his instincts.

Spot on Dixie ---- well stated.

Go Zags!

gueastcoast
04-23-2018, 07:15 AM

This gave me chills. That's a compelling closing argument, councillor.

JPtheBeasta
04-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Good post Dixie. It was in the spirit of what I was thinking but was put much more eloquently.

CDC84
04-23-2018, 03:29 PM
I keep saying this, but I hope that charter is right there at the airport for Brandon to see. That is one "amenity" that Gonzaga has over every Pac 12 school.

thespywhozaggedme
04-23-2018, 03:42 PM
I asked earlier in this thread but no one answered; when does His visit start? Thank you

cggonzaga
04-23-2018, 03:43 PM
I asked earlier in this thread but no one answered; when does His visit start? Thank you

Twitter says the 28th but not sure if he’s just stating that as the weekend of or if it’s truly Sunday.

dhozagfan08
04-23-2018, 06:28 PM
I keep saying this, but I hope that charter is right there at the airport for Brandon to see. That is one "amenity" that Gonzaga has over every Pac 12 school.

Would be awesome if we could just pick him up in it. We pay for the flight on an official visit anyway, right?

thespywhozaggedme
04-23-2018, 06:31 PM
Twitter says the 28th but not sure if he’s just stating that as the weekend of or if it’s truly Sunday.

that's weird if it's just one day. He spent the entire weekend in Eugene

packlite
04-23-2018, 06:43 PM

April 28th is a Saturday

thebigsmoove
04-24-2018, 05:11 AM
April 28th is a Saturday

Calendars are hard. :roll:

MileHigh
04-24-2018, 05:16 AM

Im pretty sure everyone in the Pac 12 flys a private charter just like Gonzaga. I know Colorado does and they are at the bottom of he barrel when it come to spending money on basketball in Pac 12.
The days where major colleges had to schlep through airports are pretty much over

thebigsmoove
04-24-2018, 05:36 AM
Im pretty sure everyone in the Pac 12 flys a private charter just like Gonzaga. I know Colorado does and they are at the bottom of he barrel when it come to spending money on basketball in Pac 12.
The days where major colleges had to schlep through airports are pretty much over

As far as ive understood, the PAC 12 does not allow their members to fly charter.

raise the zag
04-24-2018, 05:52 AM

As far as ive understood, the PAC 12 does not allow their members to fly charter.

Since 2012, nearly every Pac-12 school now flies charter flights. They use Alaskan/Horizon, Allegiant, Private Groups, etc.

Very expensive though, and often counts for over 10% of their budget.

Often times, Pac-12 schools share charter flights, so Gonzaga does have this over them.

(when the Pac-12 signed their media rights deal for over $3 billion, this was one of the perks...)

77Zag
04-24-2018, 06:20 AM
that's weird if it's just one day. He spent the entire weekend in Eugene

Just a quick visit to pick out his room at DeSmet

Go Zags!

thebigsmoove
04-24-2018, 07:03 AM
Since 2012, nearly every Pac-12 school now flies charter flights. They use Alaskan/Horizon, Allegiant, Private Groups, etc.

Often times, Pac-12 schools share charter flights, so Gonzaga does have this over them.

(when the Pac-12 signed their media rights deal for over $3 billion, this was one of the perks...)

Interesting. Weird how a lot of people have been saying they dont allow Charter flights, i wonder where that came from?

realtydog
04-24-2018, 07:06 AM
The weather is going to be spectacular. Right around 75-80 degrees.

weather is not looking too good for the visit

Zagceo
04-24-2018, 07:06 AM
Hope BW likes our No 1 seed in the WEST prediction over Ducks #6 from Lunardi.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Zagceo
04-24-2018, 07:11 AM
Interesting. Weird how a lot of people have been saying they dont allow Charter flights, i wonder where that came from?

Use of Private planes vs Charter flights is the confusion

cggonzaga
04-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Calendars are hard. :roll:

Yeah they are.

cggonzaga
04-24-2018, 07:15 AM
weather is not looking too good for the visit

Noticed it’s taken a turn. Still 70 and 63 though. Hopefully no rain.

thebigsmoove
04-24-2018, 07:15 AM

Aww ok. Thanks for the clarification.

thespywhozaggedme
04-24-2018, 07:17 AM
Just a quick visit to pick out his room at DeSmet

Go Zags!

Nice!

JPtheBeasta
04-24-2018, 08:32 AM

My impression was that GU leases their own plane, a benefactor makes one available, or something to that effect.

Zagceo
04-24-2018, 08:51 AM
My impression was that GU leases their own plane, a benefactor makes one available, or something to that effect.

sounds right....its still a private plane. If it wasn't a good deal for GU they'd just lease another plane is my guess.

DixieZag
04-24-2018, 08:51 AM

My recollections in reading the back story match yours.

GoZags
04-24-2018, 08:59 AM

Close. I believe it's benefactor(s) .... i.e. plural.

sittingon50
04-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Close. I believe it's benefactor(s) .... i.e. plural.

My understanding as well.

Goshzagit
04-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Was told in Vegas we spend about $750-800K more on charter vs commercial flights per season.

CDC84
04-24-2018, 12:00 PM

That's interesting because I watched the PK80 game between Gonzaga and Ohio State this weekend, and Dan Dakich and Jeff Goodman spent a good 5 minutes talking about how the Pac 12 flies commercial, that Gonzaga flies charter, and that it is one recruiting advantage that GU has despite their league affiliation. So if the Pac 12 indeed made these changes, they are doing a poor job of publicizing them. I don't think highly of Jeff Goodman, but he is someone who should know this information. It was made pretty clear during the broadcast that if you went to GU over a Pac 12 team, travel was going to be a bonus.

I have not seen the inside of GU's charter, but it is to my understanding that no one needs to worry about being 6-9, 260lbs. That's part of the advantage of riding in these kind of planes as opposed to Alaska Airlines, SW, whatever.

CDC84
04-24-2018, 12:22 PM

+1

I don't know if I have heard or read a single media person say anything other than that the Pac 12 has to fly commercial. At least when it comes to basketball.

Then again, millions of TV viewers don't get the Pac 12 network.

It is interesting if these changes were instituted, why hasn't "the word" gotten out, because it's something that even gets mentioned during Pac 12 broadcasts on ESPN.

Weird. News travels slowly I guess.

Whatever the case, I'm glad GU has access to that plane more then ever before.

JPtheBeasta
04-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Is the PAC-12 chartering commercial airlines’ planes? Perhaps that’s the nuance that makes both things be “true.”

kitzbuel
04-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Let's try to keep this thread tighter on topic.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

JAGzag
04-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Let's try to keep this thread tighter on topic.

In the off season? Good luck with that! ��

Spokaneer
04-24-2018, 02:41 PM
I flew back on Alaska after a WSU loss in the PAC 12 tournament. The players were on the same plane, most stuck in middle seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EEzag
04-24-2018, 02:44 PM
I flew back on Alaska after a WSU loss in the PAC 12 tournament. The players were on the same plane, most stuck in middle seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am always seeing Oregon State and Washington State players on commercial flights all parts of the year. Maybe use the public terminal to board a charter?

Malastein
04-24-2018, 03:55 PM
I remember this clip from a few years ago... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exFCvOeATk0

Zaglaw
04-24-2018, 05:52 PM
I remember this clip from a few years ago... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exFCvOeATk0

That's a classic!

Markburn1
04-24-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't care if Brandon arrives by camel. Just get him there.

zagdontzig
04-25-2018, 07:31 AM
Was told in Vegas we spend about $750-800K more on charter vs commercial flights per season.
If it gets us top 100 recruits, it pays for itself in tournament wins.

cggonzaga
04-25-2018, 08:12 AM
Noticed it’s taken a turn. Still 70 and 63 though. Hopefully no rain.

And now it’s showing rain. Hopefully the weatherman got it wrong yet again!

ZagzKrak
04-25-2018, 08:43 AM
KHQ still shows it being 81 on Saturday with increasing clouds late in the day.

http://www.khq.com/weather

STIETZ543
04-25-2018, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=ZagzKrak;1386415]KHQ still shows it being 81 on Saturday with increasing clouds late in the day.

http://www.khq.com/weather[/QUOTE

The Weather channel has it 62 and cloudy for Saturday https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USWA0422:1:US

cggonzaga
04-25-2018, 10:08 AM
KHQ still shows it being 81 on Saturday with increasing clouds late in the day.

http://www.khq.com/weather

You were looking at Friday unfortunately.

Mr Vulture
04-25-2018, 10:08 AM
I'm seeing 83 on Friday, 61 on Saturday, Rain on Sunday...

Zag_Dad
04-25-2018, 10:23 AM
I'm seeing 83 on Friday, 61 on Saturday, Rain on Sunday...

No doubt that Spokane looks better when the sun is out ... however, I doubt we'll compete with Arizona if we're trying to sell BWill that Spokane has better weather than AZ. We might be able to hang with Oregon on that one. Bottom line is that Zags will have to win recruitment on: program (19 consecutive trips to tournament), facilities (Kennel, Volcar), coaching (National coach of the year), opportunity to play (spot waiting next to our senior guard who is willing to let a transfer/new player run the point), chance to play for National Championship (predicted as a #1 seed even before BWill commits), TV exposure (ESPN), games against quality opponents (Arizona, Duke, UNC, etc), holiday tournaments in Hawaii (Maui Invitational)....

I dunno, all those seem like pretty compelling arguments to be a Zag. A beautiful sunny day when he arrives wouldn't hurt but sure hope that isn't what he bases his decision on.

cggonzaga
04-25-2018, 10:41 AM
No doubt that Spokane looks better when the sun is out ... however, I doubt we'll compete with Arizona if we're trying to sell BWill that Spokane has better weather than AZ. We might be able to hang with Oregon on that one. Bottom line is that Zags will have to win recruitment on: program (19 consecutive trips to tournament), facilities (Kennel, Volcar), coaching (National coach of the year), opportunity to play (spot waiting next to our senior guard who is willing to let a transfer/new player run the point), chance to play for National Championship (predicted as a #1 seed even before BWill commits), TV exposure (ESPN), games against quality opponents (Arizona, Duke, UNC, etc), holiday tournaments in Hawaii (Maui Invitational)....

I dunno, all those seem like pretty compelling arguments to be a Zag. A beautiful sunny day when he arrives wouldn't hurt but sure hope that isn't what he bases his decision on.

Good post.

zagdontzig
04-25-2018, 10:43 AM
I love this thread, but I agree with Zag_Dad; and if he does make his decision on weather, he won’t be a good fit for the program.

229SintoZag
04-25-2018, 10:52 AM

Not to nitpick: but it's 20 consecutive trips. And counting.....

Reborn
04-25-2018, 10:54 AM
This is really exciting news. I agree that the selling point is NOT the weather. What is? The basketball program=A+ The school A+ and the family>atmosphere at GU (it's real Brandon Williams. And you will enjoy being in this family the rest of your life. Make the right Choice Brandon. One you'll never forget. There's an NCAA championship that you could be a part of here.

Go Zags!!!

JPtheBeasta
04-25-2018, 11:21 AM
If he is a SoCal guy, he might appreciate the experience with snow. I live in AZ and the 110+ degree days and 90 degree temps into the night during the summer are not for everyone.

JPtheBeasta
04-25-2018, 11:30 AM
I love this board, by the way. This thread is like watching election coverage— so much to talk about but so little happening right now. Every comment and movement is scrutinized, tea leaves are read, and rap lyrics are analyzed like the JFK Zapruder film. Zag fans are truly fanatics and I like being a part of it. It will be great to hear the reports when BW shows up.

caldwellzag
04-25-2018, 11:33 AM
I love this board, by the way. This thread is like watching election coverage— so much to talk about but so little happening right now. Every comment and movement is scrutinized, tea leaves are read, and rap lyrics are analyzed like the JFK Zapruder film. Zag fans are truly fanatics and I like being a part of it. It will be great to hear the reports when BW shows up.

Lol I am right with you JP, everytime I refresh this and it shows a new message I have to get in here and look at the new news!

Zag_Dad
04-25-2018, 05:27 PM
Not to nitpick: but it's 20 consecutive trips. And counting.....

Oops. I stand corrected. Thank you

sittingon50
04-26-2018, 12:39 PM
tick tock, tick tock...............

Bogozags
04-26-2018, 01:08 PM
tick tock, tick tock...............

Isn't Brandon Williams flying into Spokane tomorrow for his official visit? If he comes, we have a chance...My fingers are crossed the Miller's don't change their collective minds!

LocalNative
04-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Isn't Brian Williams flying into Spokane tomorrow for his official visit? If he comes, we have a chance...My fingers are crossed the Miller's don't change their collective minds!

If I get a chance to talk with Brian Williams Id like to ask him why he retired from NBC so early. I thought he had several years of broadcasting ahead of him.

Malastein
04-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Oops. I stand corrected. Thank you
It’s easy to confuse since Mark Few has been 19 times as head coach, which doesn’t include Dan Monson’s Elite Eight year the year before Few took over.

DADoZAG
04-26-2018, 01:39 PM
If I get a chance to talk with Brian Williams Id like to ask him why he retired from NBC so early. I thought he had several years of broadcasting ahead of him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/brian-williams-begins-apology-tour-exaggerations-were-my-ego-getting-the-better-of-me/2015/06/19/3d6177a0-1679-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html?noredirect=on

Plus, weren't The Millers cancelled?
http://www.tv.com/shows/the-millers/

Go ZAGS!

tinfoilzag
04-26-2018, 01:55 PM

The Bare Naked Ladies wrote a song about why he left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3mFOwUxdk

LouisianaZag
04-26-2018, 03:00 PM

You expressed my feelings exactly. I love checking to see if there is anything new.

phxfireflames
04-26-2018, 03:44 PM
https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Will-Host-Its-Top-2018-Target-This-Weekend-When-Brandon-Williams-Visits-117721085

“The main reason behind moving the visit was that recruiting is a business and a process for these schools,” Chris explained. “Once we knew what the final schools were for Brandon, we wanted to move up the visit, so all of the schools involved could continue recruiting other kids and we didn’t want to be holding up that process. Brandon is cutting his prom weekend short for Gonzaga. We will fly in Saturday evening and be on campus until Monday.”

DixieZag
04-26-2018, 04:52 PM
https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Will-Host-Its-Top-2018-Target-This-Weekend-When-Brandon-Williams-Visits-117721085

Well, sounds like a full weekend coming up. There's a joke somewhere there about going from courting to being courted, but I'll just say that I hope he recognizes his good fortune and appreciates these times.

It sounds to me like he is doing "his part" in accommodating the schools that want him, nice sign.

JPtheBeasta
04-26-2018, 06:40 PM

I know that some people in the Twitterverse have grown impatient with father and son Williams but I have respect for them and how they have approached his recruitment. Bumping up the visit so the also-ran coaches can move on as quickly as possible is a pretty solid move.

Coach Crazy
04-26-2018, 06:53 PM
I know that some people in the Twitterverse have grown impatient with father and son Williams but I have respect for them and how they have approached his recruitment. Bumping up the visit so the also-ran coaches can move on as quickly as possible is a pretty solid move.

And why would they prolong a process that is largely complete? This gives them the ability to act with expediency and adjust at their leisure.

Zags_Fanatic
04-26-2018, 09:53 PM

His dad seems pretty awesome to me.

thebigsmoove
04-27-2018, 04:36 AM

At Oregon, they have a nice core coming back and some nice freshman, and if they gel, they could have a run in the tournament.

Sure they could make a run...We can make a deeper run though. Oregon is about one thing for Brandon, playing with friends.

thebigsmoove
04-27-2018, 06:36 AM
In other 2018 news, Jordan Brown cut his list to Arizona, Cal, and Nevada.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/27/jordan-brown-cuts-list-to-three/

Zagdawg
04-27-2018, 07:19 AM
"We will fly in Saturday evening and be on campus until Monday"

raise the zag
04-27-2018, 07:31 AM
In other 2018 news, Jordan Brown cut his list to Arizona, Cal, and Nevada.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/04/27/jordan-brown-cuts-list-to-three/

Said form the very beginning, & posted numerous times...i don't think this kid leaves Nor Cal. Maybe Nevada given proximity but after he publicly said, "I never actually talk with the teams or coaches, I leave this up to my family to talk with them for me..."

Had a feeling he wouldn't go very far from home.

JPtheBeasta
04-27-2018, 07:53 AM
After reading the 247 article, I feel optimistic that Brandon will be a Zag. His camp was touting the presence of Perkins as a positive because of the mentorship angle. Oregon is young and unproven. The Zags are stacked with experience and proven results. He can come in and learn the college game while being less exposed— it’s like the rookie game-manager quarterback on a championship-caliber good team. He will get to pick his spots and show his talents, but not have the growing pains associated with carrying a team.

Zagger
04-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Back to weather ... here's the point forecast for GU (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wxtables/index.php?lat=47.66504053437091&lon=-117.39895820617676&clrindex=0&table=custom&duration=7&interval=1). Looks like Spring :)

Hard telling how much a prospective Zag takes into consideration the setting of the school. I would think that the #1 positive attribute beyond the program would be how well received the team is in the community. Zags have that pretty well covered. Spokane's a fairly safe community too and not that hard to travel to and from.

Coach Crazy
04-27-2018, 09:21 AM
Back to weather ... here's the point forecast for GU (http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wxtables/index.php?lat=47.66504053437091&lon=-117.39895820617676&clrindex=0&table=custom&duration=7&interval=1). Looks like Spring :)

Hard telling how much a prospective Zag takes into consideration the setting of the school. I would think that the #1 positive attribute beyond the program would be how well received the team is in the community. Zags have that pretty well covered. Spokane's a fairly safe community too and not that hard to travel to and from.

That's really going to be subjective. If you have enough people to fill the stands and make it an electric environment, but the overwhelming majority of the community doesn't care about the program, does that change anything? I think people on here also superimpose their proclivities over that of the recruit. It would be interesting to see a study on the effects of recruiting and destination schools.

Zagdawg
04-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Primary difference is the Zag basketball player at the mall or walking down the street in downtown Spokane will get approached by fans to say "thank you", get pictures or even autographs and this may not be as common in other areas.

As has been mentioned before by a number of fans here -- the Zags are the premier sports team in our area and many of the other schools compete with the college football program, the local professional baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and football teams in the area.

It is a positive to be a Zag athlete in Spokane and that is why so many of the Zags athletes relocate after their playing careers here again -- the family and professional environment is great for them.

tinfoilzag
04-27-2018, 09:30 AM

The 3-day forecast for the gym is predicted to be dry and in the high 60's with a possible high of 71.

jazzdelmar
04-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Primary difference is the Zag basketball player at the mall or walking down the street in downtown Spokane will get approached by fans to say "thank you", get pictures or even autographs and this may not be as common in other areas.

As has been mentioned before by a number of fans here -- the Zags are the premier sports team in our area and many of the other schools compete with the college football program, the local professional baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and football teams in the area.

It is a positive to be a Zag athlete in Spokane and that is why so many of the Zags athletes relocate after their playing careers here again -- the family and professional environment is great for them.

Reaching. The chances of BW’s settling in Spokane post Zags are zilch.

CDC84
04-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Said form the very beginning, & posted numerous times...i don't think this kid leaves Nor Cal. Maybe Nevada given proximity but after he publicly said, "I never actually talk with the teams or coaches, I leave this up to my family to talk with them for me..."

Had a feeling he wouldn't go very far from home.

The Zags haven't been recruiting him for months and months and months. It was over awhile back. The ship has passed.

This kid wants to be the focal point of an offense, and it's just not going to happen at Gonzaga with the amount of high level, experienced bigs that are returning (keep in mind, if BW commits, you'll probably see Rui start at PF), as well as the addition of Filip Petrusev.

I am hardly surprised about his final school list. All teams that can make him a focal point.

I just never felt there was a big recruiting push to get this guy. And no, I am not saying that because GU didn't make the final list. It's obvious than any big man newcomer (unless it's an Anthony Davis type recruit, and Brown isn't that) is going to have to wait his turn next season.

Zagdawg
04-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Reaching. The chances of BW’s settling in Spokane post Zags are zilch.

You missed the point ..... The community loves the Zags -- whether the player settles here afterward or not.

jazzdelmar
04-27-2018, 09:45 AM
You missed the point ..... The community loves the Zags -- whether the player settles here afterward or not.

No, I didn’t. That was a response to the 2d half of your reach. As to the first, you truly think college basketball players are not adored and acknowledged throughout the city of Tucson, much less on the amazing U of A campus; likewise, in Eugenics and at Nike-versity?

Zagdawg
04-27-2018, 09:52 AM
You hear the excuses primarily from the California folks about why they cant get fans to support their schools and go to a game -- too many other distractions/options.

So now that we look at the argument/excuse in a different light-- "they have plenty of support".

Take your example-- Nike u -- basketball plays 2nd fiddle to football.

The Zags are not 2nd fiddle in Spokane-- hope that helps you to understand what I am trying to get across.

thebigsmoove
04-27-2018, 09:53 AM
I dont think if Brandon Williams decides to commit to the Zags it will be because of weather. If Weather was truly a factor, he'd just stay in Cali.

jazzdelmar
04-27-2018, 09:57 AM
You hear the excuses primarily from the California folks about why they cant get fans to support their schools and go to a game -- too many other distractions/options.

So now that we look at the argument/excuse in a different light-- "they have plenty of support".

Take your example-- Nike u -- basketball plays 2nd fiddle to football.

The Zags are not 2nd fiddle in Spokane-- hope that helps you to understand what I am trying to get across.

I am not nullifying your apt description of how well Zag players are treated in Spokane, just saying that with respect to those two other college programs who are also vying for BW that GU does not have a competitive advantage when it comes to town-gown-hoops relationships. Moreover., there are plenty of fiddles in Tucson and Eugene to play tribute to all D1 athletes.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
04-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Great news. Samford grad transfer PG Justin Coleman just committed to Arizona.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/4/27/17282468/justin-coleman-commits-arizona-wildcats-grad-transfer-samford-point-guard-depth-chart-2018

jazzdelmar
04-27-2018, 11:03 AM

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/4/27/17282468/justin-coleman-commits-arizona-wildcats-grad-transfer-samford-point-guard-depth-chart-2018

He any good ?

MDABE80
04-27-2018, 11:04 AM
I dunno what this means. BW can still go there and have this fella as a backup. Or he's down to Oregon and GU. I guess we'll know more when his visit is completed. He'd be a good player for us and his pops is first rate. Still though, Oregon and Dana's BS line is quite good. FBI is still haunting AZ and who knows what that means. Highest rated program and best bet is us. We have all those good things a great player looks for except the league we're in.

SLOZag
04-27-2018, 11:24 AM
He any good ?

"The Arizona Wildcats needed a point guard, and they got one Friday. Samford graduate transfer Justin Coleman has committed to the UA. He has one year of eligibility left and can play immediately. The 5-foot-10 point guard, who visited Arizona this week, averaged 13.5 points and 6.6 assists this season with the Bulldogs. The Birmingham, Alabama native shot 44 percent from the field, 37 percent from 3, and 81 percent from the free-throw line. Coleman will compete with seldomly-used freshman Alex Barcello for the starting point guard job at Arizona. That race may get even more competitive if the Wildcats land five-star point guard Brandon Williams, who is expected to choose between Arizona, Oregon, and Gonzaga fairly soon."

cggonzaga
04-27-2018, 11:26 AM
I dont think if Brandon Williams decides to commit to the Zags it will be because of weather. If Weather was truly a factor, he'd just stay in Cali.

Yes smoove, we understand this. It’s more about the mental state. Warm and sunny skies will put Brandon and family in a better mood than rainy and dreary.

MDABE80
04-27-2018, 11:27 AM
He any good ?

I wouldn't put the team on his shoulders........if you catch my drift......

gonstu
04-27-2018, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the info - more tea leaves to read for us desperate zag fans.

Goshzagit
04-27-2018, 11:46 AM
This kid wants to be the focal point of an offense,

And this will never happen.

Jordan is a terrific talent, with elite measurable/attributes, but his game isn't "focal point" worthy.

He just isn't a go-to scorer. He is a pick n roll, clean up, put back, alley oop, transition type player. His one-on-one skills are lacking behind most Top-100 big in any class.

His size, length, athleticism, and ability will allow him to be successful, or even one 'n done talent, but he's not a focal point player. Not quite saavy enough, lacks footwork, and even moxie to an extent.

He reminds me of Andrew Wiggins in that way. An amazing god-gifted prototype, who is capable of putting up 30 at any level, but not a center-piece player, really.

Kinda like the kid from Texas last year. One on one was tough for him, but made an impact around the court.

willandi
04-27-2018, 11:47 AM
I am not nullifying your apt description of how well Zag players are treated in Spokane, just saying that with respect to those two other college programs who are also vying for BW that GU does not have a competitive advantage when it comes to town-gown-hoops relationships. Moreover., there are plenty of fiddles in Tucson and Eugene to play tribute to all D1 athletes.

How many Zag players, not from Spokane, have relocated here after their post NCAA careers are over. That is what Zagdawg is saying. Many of them have. Your saying no chance is your opinion and speculation. Could you be right? Of course, but you could just as easily be wrong.

JPtheBeasta
04-27-2018, 11:55 AM
There is limited ability to predict how the potential of leaving good weather will affect decision making. The Prince and the Pauper and A Brave New World are examples of literary treatments of surprising discontent with eutopian existence, at least for those on the outside looking in.

ZagMan in Philly
04-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a verbal commitment this weekend. Zag Up!

TexasZagFan
04-27-2018, 12:13 PM

Me, too. I'm at peace with the situation. I know Few and all involved with Brandon's visit will do a great job this weekend.

Malastein
04-27-2018, 12:23 PM
Who was the last recruit that jazzdelmar was vehemently wrong about again?

basketballzag
04-27-2018, 12:27 PM
Who was the last recruit that jazzdelmar was vehemently wrong about again?

Rem Bakamus. He said we would never be able to pry him away from Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

sittingon50
04-27-2018, 01:21 PM
Rem Bakamus. He said we would never be able to pry him away from Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

And the rest is history.

doctorzag
04-27-2018, 01:26 PM

Would surprise me! But it would be a pleasant surprise.

maynard g krebs
04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
No, I didn’t. That was a response to the 2d half of your reach. As to the first, you truly think college basketball players are not adored and acknowledged throughout the city of Tucson, much less on the amazing U of A campus; likewise, in Eugenics and at Nike-versity?

Um, you know what Eugenics means, right?

But as far as celebrity adulation, there would be a lot less of that in Eugene than in Spo or Tuc. BB is much less a focus there unless the team is really good; too much other stuff going on in the community, and a population w/ diverse interests.

maynard g krebs
04-27-2018, 01:50 PM
There is limited ability to predict how the potential of leaving good weather will affect decision making. The Prince and the Pauper and A Brave New World are examples of literary treatments of surprising discontent with eutopian existence, at least for those on the outside looking in.

I've always thought of Brave New World as more dystopian then utopian.

Nevada Don
04-27-2018, 01:53 PM
Not sure if posted but just saw this on VC.

Coleman will have an opportunity to start at point guard for the Wildcats, who only have sophomore Alex Barcello at the position so far. The Wildcats also remain under consideration by Southern California guard Brandon Williams, who decommitted on March 2. Williams is scheduled to visit Gonzaga this weekend and is also considering Oregon.

Williams’ stepfather, Chris Wright, said this week that a commitment from Coleman would not affect Williams’ decision.

maynard g krebs
04-27-2018, 02:02 PM
On the topic of weather, Nate Robinson was once asked why Seattle was such a hotbed for basketball. His response was that kids were in the gym all the time because of the rain.

Murphy outgo lifer
04-27-2018, 02:20 PM
A lot of people are assuming that Oregon is the favorite at the moment for Williams but I wonder where Arizona stands. It was a dumpster fire when he opened up his recruitment but Miller has been hitting the recruiting trail hard. He has subsequently picked up commitments from the 68th ranked player in 2018 SG Devonaire Doutrive, 111th rated recruit SF Omar Thielmans, now Justin Coleman, and are currently in the final 3 for Jordan Brown and Brandon Williams. If he can get Brown then with Williams commitment Arizona's recruiting class would be stronger than when he was first committed.

JPtheBeasta
04-27-2018, 03:13 PM
I've always thought of Brave New World as more dystopian then eutopian.

Shoot. I just realized I misspelled utopian.

I agree that it was dystopian for at least the main character. Other people seemed to like it. It’s been a while since I read it, but I came away from it thinking that probably any socially engineered utopian ideal couldn’t help but be dystopian in the end if someone has the so-called indomitable human spirit and the desire for freedom/autonomy. The guy left free sex with anyone he wanted, feel-good drugs that were always at the ready, and satisfied creature comforts for the freedom of the wasteland. I hope that isn’t a metaphor for Spokane :)

maynard g krebs
04-27-2018, 11:42 PM
Shoot. I just realized I misspelled utopian.

I agree that it was dystopian for at least the main character. Other people seemed to like it. It’s been a while since I read it, but I came away from it thinking that probably any socially engineered utopian ideal couldn’t help but be dystopian in the end if someone has the so-called indomitable human spirit and the desire for freedom/autonomy. The guy left free sex with anyone he wanted, feel-good drugs that were always at the ready, and satisfied creature comforts for the freedom of the wasteland. I hope that isn’t a metaphor for Spokane :)

Yeah. I had Jazz' Eugenics in my head so eutopian stuck. Power of suggestion.

But I called it dystopian because that's how Huxley saw it. Robotic semi-humans created in laboratory tubes.

Zagger
04-28-2018, 04:33 AM
Yes smoove, we understand this. It’s more about the mental state. Warm and sunny skies will put Brandon and family in a better mood than rainy and dreary.

Thank you :)

NotoriousZ
04-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Given the real possibility of major penalties coming for Arizona, I don’t know how they’d be a choice for any of the top players.

DixieZag
04-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Given the real possibility of major penalties coming for Arizona, I don’t know how they’d be a choice for any of the top players.

This is an excellent point.

B.Will. decommitted from AZ because the future was suddenly up in the air. I don't see that anything has really been settled at this point. Much of last year's AZ team hit the road at the end of the season, and even though coach has put some pieces together, the fundamental questions still remain fully up in the air.

Why take the risk, Brandon? You believe (with justification) that you're a one or two year college player. Wouldn't you rather play alongside a line-up that's already together, already projected top 5, already knowing they are eligible for the NCAAs? Uknowns are inherent to the process, but why invite further unknown into the equation?

GonzagasaurusFlex
04-28-2018, 12:57 PM
If we’re posting directly to the young man not much more need be said besides:

You gotta want it! We hope you want and choose to be a Zag; if not, well wishes to you. See you in the NCAA tourney...MAYBE

kitzbuel
04-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Reaching. The chances of BW’s settling in Spokane post Zags are zilch.If he becomes a Zag and then continues on with his career, he will come back with the rest of his team mates. Those summer workouts are a priority for all the former Zags.

kitzbuel
04-28-2018, 01:43 PM
No, I didn’t. That was a response to the 2d half of your reach. As to the first, you truly think college basketball players are not adored and acknowledged throughout the city of Tucson, much less on the amazing U of A campus; likewise, in Eugenics and at Nike-versity?I am quite certain the majority of the denizens of Sun City would be more likely to recognize Frank Kaminsky than Alonzo Trier.

gonzagafan62
04-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Weather is such an overrated topic for a recruits decision on this board. It’s old, boring and some of y’all need new material... yes the bigger schools are more apt to pry away the recruits. That’s usual... but weather has nearly nothing to do with anything. If it did... we’d lose everyone. lol

Zag_Dad
04-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Crystal Ball just updated their projection to 64% Oregon, 29% AZ and 7% cloudy. It was previously almost 50/50. Still no one projecting GU. I doubt it means much but would love to see someone projecting him to be a Zag

thespywhozaggedme
04-28-2018, 02:25 PM
How's the weather there today?

Therunner
04-28-2018, 02:44 PM
How's the weather there today?

overcast, mid-50's.

doctorzag
04-28-2018, 02:53 PM
Just giving us a courtesy visit for showing him the love as long as we have. Not even a full visit. Will commit to Oregon on Monday or Tuesday. Too much of a prima donna for the Zags. Team chemistry will be better without him. Lets get Cremo. My opinion . Might be wrong but I doubt it.
All coaches are cutting their recruiting weekend short to come back for the visit so they must think their is a good chance.

Bogozags
04-28-2018, 03:09 PM
I am quite certain the majority of the denizens of Sun City would be more likely to recognize Frank Kaminsky than Alonzo Trier.

That's funny and so true...Not to side track this thread but in which Sun City do you live?

By the way, do we know if Brandon arrived?

MDABE80
04-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Just giving us a courtesy visit for showing him the love as long as we have. Not even a full visit. Will commit to Oregon on Monday or Tuesday. Too much of a prima donna for the Zags. Team chemistry will be better without him. Lets get Cremo. My opinion . Might be wrong but I doubt it.
All coaches are cutting their recruiting weekend short to come back for the visit so they must think their is a good chance.
How do you know this ? OR is this your opinion??

Hooray4Daye&Gray
04-28-2018, 03:27 PM
A bunch of negative garbage.

Welcome, Brandon!

Thank you for cutting your prom weekend short and moving up your visit!

I know you’re eager to make your decision, and Gonzaga is just as eager to have you!

Enjoy the culture and the fearless mindset the coaches and the players family share.

I can’t guarantee the entire fan base has the same confidence. Not all of Zag Nation has learned to adopt the same mindset as the team you’ll soon be joining has.

doctorzag
04-28-2018, 04:21 PM
How do you know this ? OR is this your opinion??

Abe I put right in the post that it was my opinion.

MDABE80
04-28-2018, 06:02 PM
Abe I put right in the post that it was my opinion.
"Lets get Cremo. My opinion "

I thought getting Cremo was your opinion. The way your post is written, I couldn't tell.

Coach Crazy
04-28-2018, 06:42 PM

I don't get the spin on this board? This kid is darned if he does, and darned if he doesn't. He's keeping his word. Does everyone cutting their recruiting trips say something. Yeah. But I can't say for sure what that would be. Either they feel they have a shot, and/or they feel they don't have a choice.

Malastein
04-28-2018, 06:51 PM
It’s a little noxious reading people hyper sensationalize the every moment of a kid’s decision making process as if opinions can’t change from these recruiting visits. Hope he or someone as good or better commits. Either way, this team is going to win lots next season.

Fonebone
04-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Wow DoctorZag - Everything I have read from Brandon and his dad makes it clear to me that they are a very solid, class act. Your post seems totally off to me, based on their communication. The attitude they convey is everything a program could want. I think if Brandon commits, the team gets instantly MORE solid in terms of attitude, class, maturity. Those are the qualities that really help in successful deep runs in the tourney. I'm excited for the skill & talent he will bring, but equally I appreciate the personal qualities, at least based on the public comments and their approach.

HenneZag
04-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Anytime we can get a recruit on campus we have a shot. The Ducks may very well be the favorite but who knows how this visit will shake out.

Brandon and his family don't need to provide us with a curtoisy visit. Why would a recruit and family waste time if they were 100% sure about not attending GU. If Brandon had his decision made his visit to GU would've been cancelled imo. Brandon seems like a good kid with excellent family values. If he decides GU is not the place for him, best wishes and we will move on.

GoZags
04-28-2018, 07:59 PM
"Lets get Cremo. My opinion "

I thought getting Cremo was your opinion. The way your post is written, I couldn't tell.

Agree Doc. I read it the same way you did.

JPtheBeasta
04-28-2018, 08:31 PM
Williams mentioned that he wanted to meet the strength and conditioning coach and school counselors. That sounds like a guy who likes everything else about the idea of playing for this team.

LocalNative
04-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Getting Brandon Williams would be revolutionary for this program imo.

CanadianZagsFan
04-28-2018, 08:56 PM
Anytime we can get a recruit on campus we have a shot. The Ducks may very well be the favorite but who knows how this visit will shake out.

Brandon and his family don't need to provide us with a curtoisy visit. Why would a recruit and family waste time if they were 100% sure about not attending GU. If Brandon had his decision made his visit to GU would've been cancelled imo. Brandon seems like a good kid with excellent family values. If he decides GU is not the place for him, best wishes and we will move on.

Exactly.

This board turns on kids so quick here. And, even if a kid does not choose GU ...its not his God given right to play for the Zags. The Zags being in final 3-4 running on names continues to take this program to the next level. I don't know why a bunch of posters here look at it as a negative. And , then come up with these wild opinions on why they did not choose GU.
This scenario seems to happen with every kid that is highly ranked that does not chose the zags.

Murphy outgo lifer
04-28-2018, 09:32 PM
Even though I have been skeptical about the possibility of landing Brandon Williams I still think that Gonzaga makes the most sense for both parties. They have also moved up the visit and are now actually visiting the campus during the school year when the students and players are in town which will give them an accurate perspective on the school.

According to Brandon's stepfather,

“Two of the three schools, Gonzaga and Arizona, are who we have the longest relationships with."

"One thing they said is they know they are good enough to make a Final Four with this team, but with Brandon, they can win a National Championship. It really seems like a perfect fit.”

According to Brandon,

“Gonzaga is one I was watching a lot just because I like the way that Mark Few uses his guards, and when he had my in-home visit before I committed, he told me he would put me in ball screens a lot and use me the right way. Coach Few and Sean Miller had the best pitch on how they would use me and develop me.”

"When you actually break down the film and look at it, you can see what they are saying is true and that Gonzaga would be perfect for me.”

We have been there since the beginning, we have the best plan to use and develop him, he would play a major role and is the missing piece to compete for a national championship. When you examine it, Gonzaga really is the perfect fit for this young man and considering the fact that we do not have potential sanctions looming I would argue the best possible landing spot. I think all of this is readily apparent and hopefully Brandon realizes this and I hope Brandon falls in love with the campus and connects with the players.

Even though I do not think we are in the lead at the moment, we have a shot and I think we make the most sense.

However, both Arizona and Oregon are in the Pac-12 and the former is his dream school and Oregon has a bunch of his friends along with all the glitz and glamour. Hopefully, basketball wins out. Would really love to have Brandon a part of this team next year.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-4-star-guard-recently-backed-off-his-commitment-to-Arizona-and-is-now-open-to-new-schools-including-Gonzaga-115975558

https://247sports.com/Article/Gonzaga-Will-Host-Its-Top-2018-Target-This-Weekend-When-Brandon-Williams-Visits-117721085

ZagaZags
04-28-2018, 10:36 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ennb4fZczzAS4/giphy.gif

kitzbuel
04-29-2018, 01:54 AM
That's funny and so true...Not to side track this thread but in which Sun City do you live?

By the way, do we know if Brandon arrived?

My folks have a place in Sun City West.

JPtheBeasta
04-29-2018, 06:52 AM

Llama country.

JAGzag
04-29-2018, 08:58 AM
Seriously? No updates on his visit, nothing from folks on the ground??

Bogozags
04-29-2018, 09:00 AM

In Phoenix...one of the originals...we have visited 14 from east to west coast.

By the way, does anyone know if Brandon Williams arrived or maybe its "classified" or on a "need to know" basis...:explode:

bartruff1
04-29-2018, 10:24 AM
In Phoenix...one of the originals...we have visited 14 from east to west coast.

By the way, does anyone know if Brandon Williams arrived or maybe its "classified" or on a "need to know" basis...:explode:

Who is Brian Williams ??? The one in Phoenix is nice with quick access to all the winter Major League attractions....including NFL, Baseball, NASCAR, PGA, LPGA.....Barrett Jackson.....dry heat.... I have friends there....... that spend their summers in a motorhome in the PNW...

Malastein
04-29-2018, 10:37 AM
Seriously? No updates on his visit, nothing from folks on the ground??

Calling all paparazzi posters!!!

soccerdud
04-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Even though I have been skeptical about the possibility of landing Brandon Williams I still think that Gonzaga makes the most sense for both parties. They have also moved up the visit and are now actually visiting the campus during the school year when the students and players are in town which will give them an accurate perspective on the school.

“Two of the three schools, Gonzaga and Arizona, are who we have the longest relationships with."

"One thing they said is they know they are good enough to make a Final Four with this team, but with Brandon, they can win a National Championship. It really seems like a perfect fit.”

According to Brandon,

“Gonzaga is one I was watching a lot just because I like the way that Mark Few uses his guards, and when he had my in-home visit before I committed, he told me he would put me in ball screens a lot and use me the right way. Coach Few and Sean Miller had the best pitch on how they would use me and develop me.”

"When you actually break down the film and look at it, you can see what they are saying is true and that Gonzaga would be perfect for me.”

We have been there since the beginning, we have the best plan to use and develop him, he would play a major role and is the missing piece to compete for a national championship. When you examine it, Gonzaga really is the perfect fit for this young man and considering the fact that we do not have potential sanctions looming I would argue the best possible landing spot. I think all of this is readily apparent and hopefully Brandon realizes this and I hope Brandon falls in love with the campus and connects with the players.

Even though I do not think we are in the lead at the moment, we have a shot and I think we make the most sense.

However, both Arizona and Oregon are in the Pac-12 and the former is his dream school and Oregon has a bunch of his friends along with all the glitz and glamour. Hopefully, basketball wins out. Would really love to have Brandon a part of this team next year.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-4-star-guard-recently-backed-off-his-commitment-to-Arizona-and-is-now-open-to-new-schools-including-Gonzaga-115975558

https://247sports.com/Article/Gonzaga-Will-Host-Its-Top-2018-Target-This-Weekend-When-Brandon-Williams-Visits-117721085

good post.

willandi
04-29-2018, 11:10 AM
Williams mentioned that he wanted to meet the strength and conditioning coach and school counselors. That sounds like a guy who likes everything else about the idea of playing for this team.

According to Brandon,

Zags are just about a perfect fit and have the track record of the best strength and conditioning coach in the west.

LongIslandZagFan
04-29-2018, 11:11 AM

Wow... Debbie Downer... You make Jazz look all but cheerful and optimistic.

SLOZag
04-29-2018, 01:30 PM
Crickets.

sittingon50
04-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Here's my observation from 70 miles away.

Zags baseball on SWX (TV) has been stopped twice today because of the pouring rain.

(now resumed; Zags 8 LMU 1, bottom of 5).

JPtheBeasta
04-29-2018, 02:43 PM
How much rain does western Oregon get?

Bogozags
04-29-2018, 03:02 PM
My God, with all of you "in-the-know" how come none of you know if he arrived!?!?!?

TheOtherGreatOne
04-29-2018, 03:04 PM
My God, with all of you "in-the-know" how come none of you know if he arrived!?!?!?
I like that. That is cool, I was wondering that myself.

ZagsGoZags
04-29-2018, 03:26 PM
we all (including me) know what a great catch we are, but are vexed that pretty girl we are trying to date just doesn't seem to understand ....

Zag_Dad
04-29-2018, 03:38 PM

Here’s what I know ... he IS in Spokane and will be having dinner with the team at Few’s house tonight.

EEzag
04-29-2018, 03:47 PM
Here’s what I know ... he IS in Spokane and will be having dinner with the team at Few’s house tonight.

Cmon get it done

GoZags
04-29-2018, 04:22 PM

I like it.

FWIW here's "Dinner at the Few's" ... starting at the 19:06 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9Aio4TPG8

On another note ... one of the clinchers for Corey Kispert probably won't be happening (see '50's post on "pouring rain"). Corey LOVED that the Zags played together on an intramural softball team and went to one of their games. The Zags were just regular guys playing softball against other students. Today sounds like intramurals would have been ppd rain.

ZagaZags
04-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a full visit to me.

Zags_Fanatic
04-29-2018, 07:00 PM
Love this tweet, hopefully it's a sign of what's to come. Looks good in a Zags uni for sure! https://twitter.com/TheeBWill/status/990787299452440576

Zag_Dad
04-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Finally some new from Bwill regarding his visit. Gonzaga University‼️��I'm going to need me one of the these.

Edit: I don’t know how to link his tweet but it’s a picture of Brandon in a Zag Jersey standing in front of FF trophy.

Zagdawg
04-29-2018, 07:05 PM
Brandon Williams
‏@TheeBWill

Gonzaga University‼️��I'm going to need me one of the these.

https://i.imgur.com/Etzmwo6.png

cggonzaga
04-29-2018, 07:33 PM
Love this tweet, hopefully it's a sign of what's to come. Looks good in a Zags uni for sure! https://twitter.com/TheeBWill/status/990787299452440576

If we’re going to read into every little thang a recruit says, how are we not going nuts over this? Sounds like a very good sign to me!

jchocolate99
04-29-2018, 07:34 PM
He's gonna break my heart I just feel it ☹️ but I want him to be a zag soooo bad

Zag_Dad
04-29-2018, 07:35 PM
If we’re going to read into every little thang a recruit says, how are we not going nuts over this? Sounds like a very good sign to me!

No doubt! If he really wants “one of these” he’ll want to be a Zag. Gonzaga gives him the best chance to get there (twice).

GO ZAGS!

sittingon50
04-29-2018, 07:47 PM

I SURE hope they're serving Tacos!!

cggonzaga
04-29-2018, 07:48 PM
No doubt! If he really wants “one of these” he’ll want to be a Zag. Gonzaga gives him the best chance to get there (twice).

GO ZAGS!

He’s clearly not getting one at Arizona in the time he’d be there. Assuming he stays 2 years at Oregon, maybe he gets a shot as long as players don’t leave there after this year. At Gonzaga, there’s a really good chance he gets one next year. Still lots of talent in year 2 even with Rui, Tillie and Perkins gone.

cggonzaga
04-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Score saying he committed!!!!

Zag_Dad
04-29-2018, 08:10 PM
Score saying he committed!!!!

What? Don’t tease us

cggonzaga
04-29-2018, 08:11 PM
https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1536928

cggonzaga
04-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Or are they just misreading his tweet?

Zag_Dad
04-29-2018, 08:14 PM
Or are they just misreading his tweet?

I think they’re jumping the gun. Looks like they’re reading too much into his tweet.

Mr Vulture
04-29-2018, 08:17 PM
I think they are reading into his tweet. Hope he does commit though.

Skimhvn
04-29-2018, 08:17 PM
Just misreading. But I feel he will commit anyway.

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2018, 08:23 PM
Brandon Williams
‏@TheeBWill

Gonzaga University‼️��I'm going to need me one of the these.

https://i.imgur.com/Etzmwo6.png

Two weeks ago he was wearing a Ducks uni and bunch of people were crucifying him for it., I said it was normal for a recruit to don the uni of the school that's recruiting him.

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Did he commit? The Scores tweet is still up there and he said he's "gonna need" a uni. Why would you need one unless you're gonna be on the team?

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Paul Bianchardi from ESPN tweeted out that he committed, but then deleted it. Looks like BW's tweet is quite confusing.

HenneZag
Did he commit? The Scores tweet is still up there and he said he's "gonna need" a uni. Why would you need one unless you're gonna be on the team?

I believe he is referring to the F4 trophy as far as "needing one of these".

Sandpointzagsfan
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1536928/amp
Here is the link but I don’t know how reliable the score is?

ZagMan in Philly
04-29-2018, 08:33 PM
I believe he is referring to the F4 trophy as for as "needing one of these".

Yes, and he is going to have a hand in it.

gonzagafan62
04-29-2018, 08:35 PM
Scores tweet isn’t the only non reliable source stating committment... hmmmm

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2018, 08:36 PM
I believe he is referring to the F4 trophy as far as "needing one of these".

But Oregon was in the same FF as us and he took a bunch of pics with them and could've tweeteed the same thing, but didn't.

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2018, 08:37 PM

Bianchardi deleted his though. Who else is reporting it?

Zag_Dad
04-29-2018, 08:37 PM

Someone else reporting his commitment?

gonzagafan62
04-29-2018, 08:38 PM
Bianchardi deleted his though. Who else is reporting it?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllDaySportTalk/status/990790608196440064

Worthington
04-29-2018, 08:43 PM
I could see interpreting his tweet as a commitment, but I don't think that's what he meant. Hope it's on the horizon though!

thespywhozaggedme
04-29-2018, 08:43 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/AllDaySportTalk/status/990790608196440064

I dunno, I wanna believe it, but I've never heard of this guy before. Bianchardi is much bigger, tweeted the same thing, but then deleted it. Fingers crossed.

gonzagafan62
04-29-2018, 08:46 PM
I dunno, I wanna believe it, but I've never heard of this guy before. Bianchardi is much bigger, tweeted the same thing, but then deleted it. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I’m just looking at everything just like you guys are! We get Brandon Williams and I believe we have a shot at the whole damn thing. Here’s to hoping!

willandi
Until Brandon says it's the Zags, it's all speculation. We can wish and hope. We can surmise that Gonzaga has the best chance to get to the FF and beyond, that they have a great team/family atmosphere, the best strength and conditioning coach and probably the best academic councilors, but until HE announces it...it's speculation.

thespywhozaggedme
It's super late and I gotta go to work in the morning. It's like Christmas Eve, hopefully I wake up with a huge present.

gonzagafan62
04-29-2018, 08:48 PM
It's super late and I gotta go to work in the morning. It's like Christmas Eve, hopefully I wake up with a huge present.

Same here spy. Goodnight buddy

raise the zag
04-29-2018, 09:06 PM
Fwiw, identical commitment speculation exploded all over Twitter after BWill tweeted pics of, literally, the same exact 'eyes' emoji & wearing an Oregon jersey.

Brandon and his Step Dad BOTH stated they wouldn't allow the emotion of a visit to determine a commitment.

Very specific in not rushing a decision following their time at GU.

“We will take a couple days and let the visit wear off a bit. Then we will get together as a family and lay everything on the table and go from there. We expect to have a decision by mid-May. It could be sooner than that, but it won’t go past then. When it’s all said and done, it’s Brandon’s decision. As parents, we did our part helping to guide him to these final three schools. We did our part, so we will be happy with whatever he chooses.”

These Twitter "reports" are all jumping the gun based on a picture. It snowballed from there...

Remain hopeful but we won't know until at least the end of this week.

Zagger
04-30-2018, 12:48 AM
Fwiw, identical commitment speculation exploded all over Twitter after BWill tweeted pics of, literally, the same exact 'eyes' emoji & wearing an Oregon jersey.

Brandon and his Step Dad BOTH stated they wouldn't allow the emotion of a visit to determine a commitment.

Very specific in not rushing a decision following their time at GU.

These Twitter "reports" are all jumping the gun based on a picture. It snowballed from there...

Remain hopeful but we won't know until at least the end of this week.

Think you got that right. Bet we know the family’s decision a bit sooner though :)
I admire the kid & family. Hard, thoughtful work pays off. Brandon’s going to have a great year next year regardless of the choice.

ZagaZags
04-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Two weeks ago he was wearing a Ducks uni and bunch of people were crucifying him for it., I said it was normal for a recruit to don the uni of the school that's recruiting him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcAD5i1UwAECI-U.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcAD5i2UwAAE_pv.jpg

He looks better in a Zag uniform.

JAGzag
04-30-2018, 02:32 AM
We usually have good intel from folks close to the program. But not with BW. This is just another visit for the kid. But hope he makes the right decision.

Bogozags
04-30-2018, 03:00 AM

FINALLY! THANK YOU!!!

Malastein
04-30-2018, 03:58 AM
Here’s my gut take:

Nigel Williams-Goss talked about how the detailed plans for his development swayed him to join the team, and I have to imagine that Brandon will get that same treatment.
He’s getting his Gonzaga program lasting impression last, which hopefully is geared around him being that last piece needed for historic greatness.
Gonzaga has two juniors who believe in the program’s ability to make them prepared for the NBA. They could also both be lottery selections in next year’s draft. Rui could be a potential Top 3 pick.
Rui could conceivably be the best player in college basketball next season. His game looks primed for Adam Morrison like greatness. Neither Oregon nor Arizona has a guy like him.
I’m pretty sure Gonzaga still has John Stockton working with the players in the off season. This should matter to Brandon...

kitzbuel
04-30-2018, 04:06 AM
Sounds like he had a good visit, he got good information on the pros of GU and Spokane vs bigger schools like Oregon. Seems his parents were impressed.

I think the decision will be his to make. He has lots of good information.

Let's hope he comes out with a 'Go Zags!'

thebigsmoove
04-30-2018, 05:27 AM
He will have a real statement issued saying, "I have committed to play at _____" When hes ready to announce, but i think its super close right now. Probably going to sleep on it for a few days, then make his mind up without the emotion mixed in.

Coach Crazy
04-30-2018, 05:31 AM
He will have a real statement issued saying, "I have committed to play at _____" When hes ready to announce, but i think its super close right now. Probably going to sleep on it for a few days, then make his mind up without the emotion mixed in.

I think it was a valiant effort, and a sign of how strong this program has become...but I just don't see how this puts GU over the top with how invested he seemed in the idea of playing with King and Bol. Would be nice to know we at least beat out Zona, though.

GoZags
04-30-2018, 05:36 AM
. Seems his parents were impressed.

Bingo. I heard they liked Spokane and really connected with the coaching staff. I recall hearing around the time of Domas' commitment that Arvydas and Ingrida Sabonis strongly felt that Mark Few and Tommy Lloyd were the two guys they "trusted" to care for their son when he went away to college. Hope the same holds true this time.

thespywhozaggedme
04-30-2018, 05:46 AM

That's actually a really mature and responsible way to handle it. If it was me, as excitable as I am, I'd commit to every school that I visited. lol

thespywhozaggedme
04-30-2018, 05:47 AM
Bingo. I heard they liked Spokane and really connected with the coaching staff. I recall hearing around the time of Domas' commitment that Arvydas and Ingrida Sabonis strongly felt that Mark Few and Tommy Lloyd were the two guys they "trusted" to care for their son when he went away to college. Hope the same holds true this time.

Good post! Fingers crossed.

strikenowhere
04-30-2018, 06:03 AM
Did Williams ever provide a concrete decision timeframe?

OntZags
04-30-2018, 06:08 AM
Did Williams ever provide a concrete decision timeframe?

From his stepfather:

“We will take a couple days and let the visit wear off a bit. Then we will get together as a family and lay everything on the table and go from there. We expect to have a decision by mid-May. It could be sooner than that, but it won’t go past then. When it’s all said and done, it’s Brandon’s decision. As parents, we did our part helping to guide him to these final three schools. We did our part, so we will be happy with whatever he chooses.”

strikenowhere
04-30-2018, 06:13 AM
From his stepfather:

Thanks!

thespywhozaggedme
04-30-2018, 06:16 AM
From his stepfather:

Mid-May? Hopefully sooner than that so other teams can make backup plans with grad transfers and such.

LTownZag
04-30-2018, 07:20 AM
I noticed that he deleted his twitter post where he was in a GU uniform standing in front of the trophy case.

strikenowhere
04-30-2018, 07:24 AM
I noticed that he deleted his twitter post where he was in a GU uniform standing in front of the trophy case.

Probably because people took it as a sign that he committed - the post triggered at least one basketball pundit (Vecenia?) to tweet out that he committed to the Zags when it wasn't the case.

TimberZag
04-30-2018, 07:26 AM

No, it’s still there...

Snagglezag
04-30-2018, 07:26 AM

Weird, I'm still seeing it.

thespywhozaggedme
04-30-2018, 07:32 AM
The Score changed their headline. They too were guilty of jumping the gun. lol

Four-star point guard Brandon Williams visited Gonzaga on Sunday, sparking excitement amongst Bulldogs fans by posing in the team's uniform.

Williams has not yet announced his commitment; a decision on his future has been reopened since he announced his decommitment from Arizona in March.

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1536928

Btw, I thought that he was a 5 star.

Murphy outgo lifer
04-30-2018, 07:35 AM
He is still here right? I thought his visit included today too.

DixieZag
04-30-2018, 07:38 AM
Congrats to the staff and all their support people in the academic areas and personal training. Just getting this young man on campus and presenting who we are is a victory. We are proud of you and your efforts. No one doubts that B.Will was shown the very best of what Gonzaga has to offer.

The staff and university literally cannot "lose" now. If Williams chooses somewhere else, it is bc that place had something that we don't, not necessarily that the place offers anything better. Whatever happens from this point forward will be for the best. He will make a complex decision, one that was undertaken seriously and soberly. If we land him, it's because he's bought in to being a Zag. If we don't, it's because of something else, not a "prima dona" as some described, just "different," and that's fine.

The family has approached this maturely, and knows the pressure on the programs. I expect a decision sooner rather than later. But, whatever happens, we'll wish him the absolute best.

Be a Zag, Brandon, the table is set and everyone is hungry!

thebigsmoove
04-30-2018, 07:47 AM

Its under "Tweets and Replies". Wasnt deleted.

krozman
04-30-2018, 07:47 AM
Oregon technically has more rain....but if he visited this weekend he can't tell that difference either.

23dpg
04-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Congrats to the staff and all their support people in the academic areas and personal training. Just getting this young man on campus and presenting who we are is a victory. We are proud of you and your efforts. No one doubts that B.Will was shown the very best of what Gonzaga has to offer.

The staff and university literally cannot "lose" now. If Williams chooses somewhere else, it is bc that place had something that we don't, not necessarily that the place offers anything better. Whatever happens from this point forward will be for the best. He will make a complex decision, one that was undertaken seriously and soberly. If we land him, it's because he's bought in to being a Zag. If we don't, it's because of something else, not a "prima dona" as some described, just "different," and that's fine.

The family has approached this maturely, and knows the pressure on the programs. I expect a decision sooner rather than later. But, whatever happens, we'll wish him the absolute best.

Be a Zag, Brandon, the table is set and everyone is hungry!

+1. Well stated.

Zagceo
04-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Family gonna kick back and put together the old T chart pros and cons.

Here's hoping he goes with his head and not his heart.

I remember what Byron Wesley BW said after his 1 year at Gonzaga ....best year of my life

cjm720
04-30-2018, 08:27 AM
Biggest difference between Gonzaga and Arizona/Oregon is the student population size and diversity. I have to imagine that will play into the equation quite a bit. Basketball wise, GU is a no brainer.

CDC84
04-30-2018, 08:58 AM
The student population size can be a negative for Oregon and Zona when it comes to academics. I could not have graduated from a school with 50,000 students. 350 people in Sociology 101?? Forget it. Where's the next pub.

EEzag
04-30-2018, 09:42 AM
The student population size can be a negative for Oregon and Zona when it comes to academics. I could not have graduated from a school with 50,000 students. 350 people in Sociology 101?? Forget it. Where's the next pub.

The more I read about this recruitment, the less I think him playing with his friends (who also happen to be elite recruits) is going to sway him. If it was that big of a deal then just hearing that they were off to UO should have been enough to secure a recruitment but it didn't. High school friends and memories should stay in high school. You can't grow to your potential if you don't expand your boundaries. If his approach is a more professional one, it's going to be what's best for him. He's smart enough to set aside the sales pitches and his experience with UA I think scared him and matured his approach quickly. All the sales pitches and 'guarantees' aside, we have to be the favorite. Everyone is coming back that can come back. There is a very real possibility that our starting PG won't be ready by seasons start. We are a final 4 favorite. We are going to Maui and UNC this year. We meet all the risk management boxes. Our ceiling and floor are both higher. AND THERE IS A SPOT FOR HIM THAT PERFECTLY SUITS HIS GAME. Few doesn't guarantee time but this situation is as close to a guarantee as you can get. We are what's best for him and he's what's best for us. BWILL- you complete us. lol

Mr Vulture
04-30-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm just going to say this about Brandon and his recruitment. Brandon and his family have handled the entire process in an open and informed manner while not making it all about the "me show" that some do. I think they truly came into the process, after the Arizona decommitment, with the goal of finding best program fit for the needs they had. Each of the three teams has shown them what they offer and now it's time for the family and Brandon to make a decision. I certainly hope he chooses Gonzaga but I just want to congratulate them on their handling, and class, in his recruitment across the board.

MontanaCoyote
04-30-2018, 10:09 AM

This, squared! SU double grad here. Got crazy once and registered at U DUB. Stadium seating in 3 of 4 classes. 300 in one of them, and this in the 60’s. Dropped out, went back to where I belonged! Jesuit education saved me. Turned a 1.7 GPA
(Sans P.E.) into an honor student.

PS One might ask how in God’s name I got into Seattle U with my high school grades. Easy; I could hit! That and some kind of double probation on grades. Heart problems ended the baseball dream so I learned how to learn instead.

Hope Brandon goes with the small school that plays big. I think he’d be glad he did.

ZagMan in Philly
04-30-2018, 11:17 AM
so we will know on May 5th at 330pm pac time.

caldwellzag
04-30-2018, 11:17 AM
BWill will be announcing on May 5th, per Twitter

https://twitter.com/TheeBWill/status/991032393518669827

TexasZagFan
04-30-2018, 11:28 AM

+1, CDC. It may have been brutal at times, but I wouldn't trade a minute of Dr. Graue's macroecon class. I was one of 5 students in the class. There were many others where the class size was under 15.

Worthington
04-30-2018, 11:43 AM
This is going to be a suspenseful announcement. If I had to guess, I would say he chooses Oregon, but it seems like we have a real shot.

zagzilla
04-30-2018, 11:44 AM
+1, CDC. It may have been brutal at times, but I wouldn't trade a minute of Dr. Graue's macroecon class. I was one of 5 students in the class. There were many others where the class size was under 15.

LIZF-

As an econ major I had Dr Graue (sp?) multiple times including a few night classes with less than 10 people. Though his accent was nearly impenetrable at times his classes turned out to be some of my most memorable. Do you still have your copy of "der Schumpeter text"? He put the "old" in "old school"!

ZZ

caldwellzag
04-30-2018, 11:46 AM
This is going to be a LONG week. I would guess it's down to us and Oregon right now, but who knows. Man that picture he has in our uni next to the National Finalist trophy looks so good!

Malastein
04-30-2018, 11:56 AM
Fingers crossed!!!!

GUZag08
04-30-2018, 11:59 AM
This is going to be a suspenseful announcement. If I had to guess, I would say he chooses Oregon, but it seems like we have a real shot.

I concur

jazzdelmar
04-30-2018, 12:06 PM
40-40-20.....

DixieZag
04-30-2018, 12:09 PM
BWill will be announcing on May 5th, per Twitter

https://twitter.com/TheeBWill/status/991032393518669827

I wonder if he is just giving himself a self-imposed deadline, or if he has decided and will announce it then. He is in high school, finishing classes, making an announcement on a Saturday afternoon makes some sense given all the other commitments.

I wonder if even he knows right now. I also wonder if stuff will leak.

Brandon, you belong here.

Murphy outgo lifer
04-30-2018, 12:12 PM
So what are people's thoughts on why he didn't wait several days to make a decision? I assuming that he has made up his mind and that is why he set a date. Could be wrong on that but I wouldn't set a decision announcement before I had the choice made.

If that is in fact the case I would say he either committed to Gonzaga on the trip or he eliminated them so he didn't need the cooling off period.

CarolinaZagFan
04-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Zag up B Will! Perfect fit! Come to Spokane and win a National Championship!

Malastein
04-30-2018, 12:18 PM
I wonder if he is just giving himself a self-imposed deadline, or if he has decided and will announce it then. He is in high school, finishing classes, making an announcement on a Saturday afternoon makes some sense given all the other commitments.

I wonder if even he knows right now. I also wonder if stuff will leak.

Brandon, you belong here.
I would guess that he has an idea, but has just finished his due diligence. My guess is that he is pondering which way to go still. Zags will be fine either way!

Zagceo
04-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Coaches must know or have strong feelings.

unless BW is a world class poker prodigy

Mr Vulture
04-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Brandon and his family have been measured during every step of the process. My feeling is that they want to let things sit for a few days before they make their final decision. I really think it's going to be Oregon but I do think the odds of it being us is much better than I ever thought it would be. I think I'd say Oregon at 50%, Zags at 40%, and Zona at 10%.

MDABE80
04-30-2018, 12:29 PM
I hope he choses us. Summer School begins soon. Get here young fella!! We've got smarts waitin on ya;)!!

caldwellzag
04-30-2018, 12:30 PM
The latest...

https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Welcomed-Top-2018-Target-Brandon-Williams-To-Campus-For-An-Official-Visit--117852625

I would say our program sold itself, now it's out of our hands and in BWill's court.

TimberZag
04-30-2018, 12:39 PM
The latest...

https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Welcomed-Top-2018-Target-Brandon-Williams-To-Campus-For-An-Official-Visit--117852625

I would say our program sold itself, now it's out of our hands and in BWill's court.

Thanks.

Gonzdb8
04-30-2018, 12:45 PM
The latest...

Thanks for posting. I think we all needed this article. Gonna be a long week!

Zagceo
04-30-2018, 12:47 PM
The latest...

Interesting Snacks broke bread with Brandon Daniels and Few outside the team dinner. Special message or special relationship?

jazzdelmar
04-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Goodness, if that doesn’t convince the young man then god bless him. Just makes me prouder than ever to hear that testimony from BW’s dad. No spin there. It’s from the heart. Congrats to MF and the GU BB community for rolling out the carpet so transparently. If he comes, great. If not, so be it. In my mind GU already had its finest hour.

basketballzag
04-30-2018, 12:51 PM
The latest...

I’m going out on the limb and reversing myself from my earlier belief that he was headed to Arizona amd now strongly believe he chooses Gonzaga on May 5th. Gonzaga over Arizona with Orgeron in third.

Mr Vulture
04-30-2018, 12:54 PM
I think we are sitting really well after reading that and it reconfirms everything I have already posted today about the way they have handled the recruiting process. We will see how it all comes down, I really think it could go any direction but I'm hoping the Zag Family is something he wants to be a part of.

Mr Vulture
04-30-2018, 12:55 PM
Goodness, if that doesn’t convince the young man then god bless him. Just makes me prouder than ever to hear that testimony from BW’s dad. No spin there. It’s from the heart. Congrats to MF and the GU BB community for rolling out the carpet so transparently. If he comes, great. If not, so be it. In my mind GU already had its finest hour.

Couldn't agree more with your last sentence Jazz!

23dpg
04-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Kid has a tough choice.

I think the Zags have a legitimate chance. All 3 schools have reasons for thinking they’re the best fit. We’ll see soon.

cggonzaga
04-30-2018, 01:01 PM

+ 1,000,000