PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Williams

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Martin Centre Mad Man
05-04-2018, 12:09 PM
I have no information to share. I just wanted to grab post 500.

Too late. 501 it is.

Martin Centre Mad Man
05-04-2018, 12:11 PM
I have no information to share. I just wanted to grab post 500.

Too late. 501 it is.

I’ll go back to the foo until November.

Snowkane
05-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Didn't Williams or his father say that he would inform the school on Friday and announce his decision on Saturday?

If so, how is the mood around Volkar today?

Any chance anything leaks tonight or tomorrow morning?

drvenkman05
05-04-2018, 12:17 PM
My sources tell me that his decision tomorrow has been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!!!

jazzdelmar
05-04-2018, 12:23 PM

That's perilously close to good news....

23dpg
05-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Has this video (posted to Youtube today) been posted here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=IqUJTPVHWL4

I didnít glean any info on where he might be going. The reporterís Gun-zaw-ga made my ears bleed a little though.
Seems like a nice kid.

drvenkman05
05-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Well, keep in mind that my sources have only OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED that the decision will be tomorrow!

23dpg
05-04-2018, 12:29 PM

I thought he was making a joke.

zagsfanforlife
05-04-2018, 12:33 PM
I didnít glean any info on where he might be going. The reporterís Gun-zaw-ga made my ears bleed a little though.
Seems like a nice kid.

Really? Based on that video i feel confident. His pros for us were way more solid, way more descriptive, talked about getting close with the guys, going far in the tourn, fews winning and his relationship with few and donny. Oregon he mentions nike and phil knight and life after basketball. Im feeling good

TexasZagFan
05-04-2018, 12:35 PM
I didn’t glean any info on where he might be going. The reporter’s Gun-zaw-ga made my ears bleed a little though.
Seems like a nice kid.

I’ve given up on my BIL ever saying it right, and he’s a hoops coach.

If GU isn’t BWill’s choice, there will be plenty of opportunity for our guards to compete between now and October/November, especially with Perk on the mend.

jazzdelmar
05-04-2018, 12:35 PM
I thought he was making a joke.

I don't think so. Not funny if it is. I assume his sources are GU based....but that's just the journo in me.

ZagNative
05-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Really? Based on that video i feel confident. His pros for us were way more solid, way more descriptive, talked about getting close with the guys, going far in the tourn, fews winning and his relationship with few and donny. Oregon he mentions nike and phil knight and life after basketball. Im feeling goodMe too!

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Well, keep in mind that my sources have only OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED that the decision will be tomorrow!

Ban him.

MDABE80
05-04-2018, 12:53 PM
for all the apparent excitement on this board evidence by a phenomenally long thread, ESPN, CBS, etc rarely mention this let alone this kid being a massively important recruit wherever he goes. I'm certain he's very good but moving heaven and earth for him might be a bit much. Few and Donny like him..but where's the independent sensationalism usually seen in the basketball sections??
I've always been equivocal regarding "dressin up" a teen phenom ( if he is) to the point where adults are in a swoon. Worse, when the swoon goes on for months it gets me wondering......why?

A year off with a bad knee seemingly would devalue an appraisal. Not here though. Love to have him because we obviously need somebody who's skillful enough to keep up with or enhance what's coming back.

bigblahla
05-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Looks like a Zag to me....what a coup for coach and staff when he chooses GU....

Go!! Zags!!!

jazzdelmar
05-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Little premature for buyers remorse, Doc.

for all the apparent excitement on this board evidence by a phenomenally long thread, ESPN, CBS, etc rarely mention this let alone this kid being a massively important recruit wherever he goes. I'm certain he's very good but moving heaven and earth for him might be a bit much. Few and Donny like him..but where's the independent sensationalism usually seen in the basketball sections??
I've always been equivocal regarding "dressin up" a teen phenom ( if he is) to the point where adults are in a swoon. Worse, when the swoon goes on for months it gets me wondering......why?

A year off with a bad knee seemingly would devalue an appraisal. Not here though. Love to have him because we obviously need somebody who's skillful enough to keep up with or enhance what's coming back.

TexasZagFan
05-04-2018, 01:02 PM

If Duke or Kentucky were in the hunt, ESPN would be all over it.

There is a difference between these next 24 hours and Christmas Eve: I don’t have to put together a Barbie car or a Hot Wheels set at 2AM.

TexasZagFan
05-04-2018, 01:03 PM

Lol we’re seeing a wide range of emotions, aren’t we?

sittingon50
05-04-2018, 01:12 PM

I thought it was funny, drvenk!

IowaSERE
05-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Based in his video, he seems pretty positive that we go to the final 4 just about every year and we will be there again next year with him. He repeated the announcers pronunciation of Gonzaga too.

Grand Valley Zag
05-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Based in his video, he seems pretty positive that we go to the final 4 just about every year and we will be there again next year with him. He repeated the announcers pronunciation of Gonzaga too.

I didn't start saying it right until Sophomore year . . .

23dpg
05-04-2018, 01:19 PM

Thought that was funny too.

I’ve become so spoiled on Gonzaga’s successes that I’ve forgotten most of our final four appearances. Lol

This thread has been mostly fun. Soon to end though.

EEzag
05-04-2018, 01:21 PM
If Duke or Kentucky were in the hunt, ESPN would be all over it.

There is a difference between these next 24 hours and Christmas Eve: I donít have to put together a Barbie car or a Hot Wheels set at 2AM.

Man Iíve been there.

I think Christmas Eve as a child. I hope I donít have the same feeling as Christmas Eve as an adult.

MDABE80
05-04-2018, 01:26 PM
No it's not THAT. I'm all for the kid. I was just wondering why we adults are engaging in the "daily drool" like this kid is the winner of "American Idol"........when other don't seem to be so excited. If he was a version of John Stockton ( and everyone knew it), I could see it.........I do have normal reservations though.

zagsfanforlife
05-04-2018, 01:27 PM

Well.. he would be the highest rated recruit GU ever had soo... theres that?

DADoZAG
05-04-2018, 01:31 PM
60,330 views. Only 1,256 are mine.

Someone must be interested.

Go ZAGS!

DZ
05-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Well.. he would be the highest rated recruit GU ever had soo... theres that?

Is that true?

I'm asking, not trying to antagonize.

Is he higher rated than Zach Collins was out of high school? Zach was a McD's AA and 5 star.

He would be right there with Perkins as the highest rated guard, I believe.

I am not sure, thus the question.

Zags_Fanatic
05-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Is that true?

Is he higher rated than Zach Collins was out of high school? Zach was a McD's AA and 5 star.

Pretty much identical to Collins' rankings. I think Austin Daye was ranked higher and Sabonis would have been in the states.

tinfoilzag
05-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Is that true?

SOP would be to drop the rating if he commits to GU so it would probably not be the highest.

zagsfanforlife
05-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Pretty much identical to Collins' rankings. I think Austin Daye was ranked higher and Sabonis would have been in the states.

Ya i went back to fact check myself and he was right there with Collins.. he is higher than Daye on some sites. Pretty good considering he missed a year due to injury. All three are around 25-35 mark nationally.

DADoZAG
05-04-2018, 02:19 PM
SOP would be to drop the rating if he commits to GU so it would probably not be the highest.

Not any more.

Even if BWill makes what I believe would be a mistake and picks another school, the greatest program administrator in the history of mbb has taken Cinderella and turned her into the queen of the ball.

No longer do ZAG fans need to cling to streaks that no one else cares about, cheer over undersized legacies, or talk about crap shoots. Four straight Sweet Sixteens puts Gonzaga with the blue bloods.

Don't wait until the ZAGS play the first Monday in April three out of four straight years to stop feeling picked on.

Because by then very few will mispronounce the name, no one will call Gonzaga mid major, and you'll look the the dude from Del Mar, clinging to pessimism, afraid of being disappointed.

Believe...

Join the crowd, be proud...

#ZAGUP

Go ZAGS!

soccerdud
05-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Um, click on the Arizona and Oregon links. They have BOTH interviewed him in the past 2 days, in addition to mentioning other sources/quotes. Oregon also interviewed Brandon Williams' Dad yesterday. Not to mention, several posters mentioning it here.

3 schools, at least 4 mentions saying the same thing.

I would gladly repost these links for your convenience, yet they can be found within this thread and I'm posting from my phone.

I have been following along and paying attn just like everyone else.

Have stated countless times no inside info besides reading VIP articles, message boards, and basketball recruiting sites, interviews, videos, etc

how many different schools' forums talked about how it MUST be UA -> OU -> GU thanks to that "top-3 in the order" debacle? i've seen absolutely nothing certain, just a lot of people on the internet jumping to conclusions based on not much data. yes, it's what the internet seems to be for -- but imho a previous bwill quote (link (https://247sports.com/college/oregon...oops-117828392)) probably applies to all this as well: "Williams said that Arizona just happened to be the first team that was shown and thought it was crazy how deep people were looking into it."

that being said, i agree that it "feels" that way, based on what his dad has said. i just think that you significantly out-kicked your coverage with this claim:

The only thing we do know, confirmed by at least (4) sources, across multiple schools, is that Brandon's parents are all-in on wanting Gonzaga.

This much has leaked..

randos on message boards != sources, their public musings != leaks, and it happening on multiple message boards != corroboration/proof.

Zagceo
05-04-2018, 02:51 PM
lets start the rumors

from Duck site

According to the Arizona site, Williams still hasn't made his decision and no calls have been made to any coaches... Which worries me, Because that means it's a lot closer then most were expecting.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/102735/Contents/Father-of-five-star-Brandon-Williams-previews-Saturday-commitment-117940409?Page=2

ZagNative
05-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's the link to the live stream of the BallIsLife game during which Brandon is supposed to make his announcement tomorrow, sometime after the game start at 4:15 pm PST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMVOf-5zvNM&feature=youtu.be

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 03:29 PM
60,330 views. Only 1,256 are mine.

Someone must be interested.

Go ZAGS!

Guilty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Ya i went back to fact check myself and he was right there with Collins.. he is higher than Daye on some sites. Pretty good considering he missed a year due to injury. All three are around 25-35 mark nationally.

Possibly a Burger Boy without the injury.

cggonzaga
05-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Possibly a Burger Boy without the injury.

I think he would’ve been.

cjm720
05-04-2018, 04:09 PM
meh... would be nice to have his talents on next years team but I'm starting to grow tired of this recruiting of him. We're projected to be a top 10 team without him so zagnation will go on without him. At least with recruiting Perkins you felt there was mutual interest... With Brandon Williams feels like we have a better chance to recruit his father. Let him go to Oregon I'm over it... With Ravet and Harris coming down the pipeline I'm not worried. Just need Ayayi or Wade to step up to give Perkins rest or else we'll have to lean heavy on Norvell for that relief

Part of the game man....this is the fun stuff. And a major choice for a young man. I am certain he is choosing GU...too many positive signs after the in house visit.

SamwiseTheZag
05-04-2018, 04:12 PM
He’d be the highest rated Guard from the West Coast to ever commit.

If he chooses Gonzaga over Arizona and Oregon it would be extremely significant for the program.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-04-2018, 05:15 PM
One more post of positivity to ponder from me before the big announcement tomorrow.

For those of you not enjoying this part of the press, please realize this:

After he chooses Gonzaga, the entire basketball world from media to players will know that Brandon Williams was a guy who thoughtfully and deliberately weighed the pros and cons of Gonzaga vs. Arizona vs. Oregon, and concluded that Gonzaga was the preferred program.

That is huge.

It plants the seeds for all future players that they should at least consider and probably visit Gonzaga if they want to pick the best West Coast school, because Brandon did the research and found Gonzaga to be the proper selection.

We have had a lot of players look at things more thoroughly the second time around, and come to the conclusion that Gonzaga wins when you strip away some of the things that ultimately don't matter. Most notably Nigel.

This will be an incoming freshman reaching the same conclusion.

That is a huge progression in perception. One that will lead to us getting elite players from the start instead of having to wait to convince them as transfers or grad transfers.

Larryzag
05-04-2018, 05:41 PM
One more post of positivity to ponder from me before the big announcement tomorrow.

For those of you not enjoying this part of the press, please realize this:

After he chooses Gonzaga, the entire basketball world from media to players will know that Brandon Williams was a guy who thoughtfully and deliberately weighed the pros and cons of Gonzaga vs. Arizona vs. Oregon, and concluded that Gonzaga was the preferred program.

That is huge.

It plants the seeds for all future players that they should at least consider and probably visit Gonzaga if they want to pick the best West Coast school, because Brandon did the research and found Gonzaga to be the proper selection.

We have had a lot of players look at things more thoroughly the second time around, and come to the conclusion that Gonzaga wins when you strip away some of the things that ultimately don't matter. Most notably Nigel.

This will be an incoming freshman reaching the same conclusion.

That is a huge progression in perception. One that will lead to us getting elite players from the start instead of having to wait to convince them as transfers or grad transfers.

Couldn't agree more.

ZAG 4 LIFE
05-04-2018, 05:58 PM
For what it’s worth, a good friend of mine going back to my couple of years on
The GU staff in the 80’s, is one of the top HS basketball scouts on the west coast... he covers
Every major AAU tournament and HS tournament in the West, and runs quite a few
Of those exposure events himself. He has seen Brandon Play quite a few times.
When I asked him about young Mr. Williams, he said “he is very, very good, and he has
Bounced back really well from the injury that interrupted his senior year”.
When I asked him if he thought Brandon was a 2 or 3 and done level player, he
Said “no doubt”. He thinks the Zags would be a great fit!
My fingers are crossed like everyone on this board.

GonzaGAW
05-04-2018, 07:34 PM
- this is what I believe, if Brandon had 3 lives to live, in hindsight he'd tell you the best one was the one in which if choose Gonzaga.

- I'm not giving up hope until I hear the word Oregon or Arizona, even if the first three are "the university of".......a la josh perkins announcement that he had chosen "the university of Gonzaga"......remember that?

CDC84
05-04-2018, 07:36 PM
In case anyone is interested, the highest ranked guard to commit to GU out of HS was Matt Bouldin. #45 with Rivals coming out of HS, and the #1 shooting guard on the west coast according to scout.com. A couple of college basketball analysts I know feel he should have made the Burger Boy game....that he was kind of jobbed. For one thing, there weren't many great west coast players in that class. What some folks don't get is that not everyone who makes that team has to be in the top 30 or whatever. Former UNC PG Larry Drew Jr. was in the 70's. Very political.

BWill is #22 at 247Sports. Zach Collins was #20 at 247Sports. But the difference is that Gonzaga was clearly a superior program to anyone who was serious about Collins. GU is going to have to beat out Arizona and Oregon to land BWill. Then again, GU caught a break with Collins. You just have to wonder if he had played at some run of the mill high school as a 4 year starter if the blue bloods would have gotten him.

These recruiting rankings are so tough to take super seriously for Gonzaga people because of the international players that GU gets. While it's easy for me to say that Sabonis would have been a top 15 player if he had been a 4 year starter at Kentridge HS, he also wouldn't have had the experience of playing alongside and against some of the players he got to in REAL games with thousands and thousands of people in the stands who cared about the game result. It's different than coaches who just roll out the balls for an AAU game in Atlanta or Chicago.

BTW - you want to stay tuned to twitter tonight. Some of these guys like Evan Daniels or Jerry Meyer or even a Jeff Goodman can find out through deep sources where a kid is going to commit 24 hours before the announcement really occurs.

Zagceo
05-04-2018, 07:37 PM
- this is what I believe, if Brandon had 3 lives to live, in hindsight he'd tell you the best one was the one in which if choose Gonzaga.

- I'm not giving up hope until I hear the word Oregon or Arizona, even if the first three are "the university of".......a la josh perkins announcement that he had chosen "the university of Gonzaga"......remember that?

yep

White lightning
05-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Has this video (posted to Youtube today) been posted here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=IqUJTPVHWL4I think it's interesting how Oregon pushed the "Nike takes care of the players after their career is over" around 2:40 into the video. That's almost questionable when it comes to recruiting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MDABE80
05-04-2018, 08:37 PM
I think it's interesting how Oregon pushed the "Nike takes care of the players after their career is over" around 2:40 into the video. That's almost questionable when it comes to recruiting.

Ooooo I wonder if NCAA has seen this. They seems to be in everyone's shorts these days.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!" lol

maynard g krebs
05-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Duckterritory just posted a story quoting his dad as saying he still hadn't made up his mind, that he really likes all 3 and doesn't want to say no to anybody. Said you can see in his face that he's agonizing over the decision, or at least words to that effect.

23dpg
05-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Duckterritory just posted a story quoting his dad as saying he still hadn't made up his mind, that he really likes all 3 and doesn't want to say no to anybody. Said you can see in his face that he's agonizing over the decision, or at least words to that effect.

That is a story that I can believe.
I hope he picks Gonzaga but I wish him no will ill if he doesn't.

jazzdelmar
05-05-2018, 04:43 AM
Tick tock.....

gonstu
05-05-2018, 05:25 AM
OK let’s get this decision over with so we can all move on!

Goshzagit
05-05-2018, 05:29 AM
BTW - you want to stay tuned to twitter tonight. Some of these guys like Evan Daniels or Jerry Meyer or even a Jeff Goodman can find out through deep sources where a kid is going to commit 24 hours before the announcement really occurs.

Well, Jerry is convinced it's Oregon. This was posted last night, yet can't link anything as it's a hyper locked VIP site.

While he has become best friends with several incoming Ducks, I'm still convinced he will re-commit to Arizona at the 11th hour.

I also feel it's the reason he has openly spoken about Oregon and Gonzaga the past 2 days, and not a peep about Zona. There is psychology behind this yet many will call me crazy if I begin analyzing his subconscious weighing on his consciousness. Lol.

Anyway, I also have a feeling his parents do not know his final decision either. This has also been pointed out or alluded to.

His parent have helped give him the information, weigh the pros/cons, & give each institution a fair chance. The only info which has leaked is their preference for Gonzaga. This may or may not influence Brandon's final decision.

I think every school sits at or around 33%, so which one pulls that final 1% in the end? The long standing comfortable ex? The fancy new, pretty, superficial one? Or the dependable next door neighbor?

I'm not certain even Williams knows, he appears uncomfortable with the thought/question.

I do find it interesting he consistently names our Coaches when speaking of the 3 schools. He typically only names other Oregon recruits, and only past Arizona players, but says our Coaches by name.

Part of me feels he will select all 3 schools at different times throughout today. It's that close, yet when push comes to shove, 415 PT rolls around....he will give his ex a call.

Sincerely hoping he calls the dependable neighbor when he's feeling the most pressure instead of who he's most comfortable with.

We shall see.

gonstu
05-05-2018, 05:32 AM
If mind really not made up, won’t be surprised if he doesn’t make the call today and needs more time. If that happens guboards will need a major intervention to make sure all stay sane over next few days.

bartruff1
05-05-2018, 05:43 AM
I could hardly sleep last night....;)

Coach Crazy
05-05-2018, 05:56 AM
Well, Jerry is convinced it's Oregon. This was posted last night, yet can't link anything as it's a hyper locked VIP site.

While he has become best friends with several incoming Ducks, I'm still convinced he will re-commit to Arizona at the 11th hour.

I also feel it's the reason he has openly spoken about Oregon and Gonzaga the past 2 days, and not a peep about Zona. There is psychology behind this yet many will call me crazy if I begin analyzing his subconscious weighing on his consciousness. Lol.

Anyway, I also have a feeling his parents do not know his final decision either. This has also been pointed out or alluded to.

His parent have helped give him the information, weigh the pros/cons, & give each institution a fair chance. The only info which has leaked is their preference for Gonzaga. This may or may not influence Brandon's final decision.

I think every school sits at or around 33%, so which one pulls that final 1% in the end? The long standing comfortable ex? The fancy new, pretty, superficial one? Or the dependable next door neighbor?

I'm not certain even Williams knows, he appears uncomfortable with the thought/question.

I do find it interesting he consistently names our Coaches when speaking of the 3 schools. He typically only names other Oregon recruits, and only past Arizona players, but says our Coaches by name.

Part of me feels he will select all 3 schools at different times throughout today. It's that close, yet when push comes to shove, 415 PT rolls around....he will give his ex a call.

Sincerely hoping he calls the dependable neighbor when he's feeling the most pressure instead of who he's most comfortable with.

We shall see.

He knows where he's going, and Jerry knows nothing. Don't take deflection statements at face value.

Murphy outgo lifer
05-05-2018, 06:00 AM
He knows where he's going, and Jerry knows nothing. Don't take deflection statements at face value.

I agree that he knows where he is going. What is your guess Coach?

Coach Crazy
05-05-2018, 06:07 AM
I agree that he knows where he is going. What is your guess Coach?

I plead the Fifth.

tummydoc
05-05-2018, 06:20 AM
Ah, dependable neighbor??? I always thought we were the pretty one :-(

willandi
05-05-2018, 06:21 AM
Is it game time yet???

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 06:29 AM
IF Brandons really uptight about letting 2 programs down...wouldn’t that go double for his parents?

Sarenyon
05-05-2018, 06:43 AM
Looking forward to the decision. Seems that he's thought it out well and we presented ourselves in an outstanding manner. Good luck BWill, whatever the decision you make. I hope it is the Zags though.

cggonzaga
05-05-2018, 07:23 AM

Not sure why you keep saying this? My guess is he has a preference but doesnít feel good about letting his parents down and so he truly hasnít made his final decision yet. Letting his parents down may not be the right phrase. More like knowing his parents are probably right about where he should go but heís not 100% sold.

willandi
05-05-2018, 08:13 AM
I have no idea. I think that Gonzaga checked ALL the boxes with the right answers, academic, top 10 team, National Champion aspirations, strength and conditioning coach, head coach and staff, facilities, and on and on...BUT, Gonzaga doesn't seem to be the school he has dreamed of playing at, or the school that his buddies are going to attend.

I wish him well whatever he chooses. Gonzaga will be fine with or without him. The cupboard ain't bare!

The waiting is the hardest part, not the decision (at least at this end).

PNW Zagfan
05-05-2018, 08:59 AM
I have no idea. I think that Gonzaga checked ALL the boxes with the right answers, academic, top 10 team, National Champion aspirations, strength and conditioning coach, head coach and staff, facilities, and on and on...

One more box...Spokane made the list of Top 29 Cool Small Cities.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-small-cities-in-the-us-2018-1

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 09:20 AM
Current temperatures

Spokane 63
Tucson 90
Eugene 56

GLJake
05-05-2018, 09:23 AM
From Scoopduck:

Shows 2019 4 star "point guard" Jahmius Ramsey from IMG being offered by Oregon

https://scoopduck.com/s/1863/2019-four-star-discusses-new-oregon-offer

DZ
05-05-2018, 09:28 AM

When everything seems "equal" - when the choice seems agonizing in every direction, and you are 18 years old, make the choice the one that Mom and Dad think is the best one.

After all, of the 3, if he hasn't been able to tap into a clear winner, how would he lose picking the one that his parents find to be the one they want.

NotoriousZ
05-05-2018, 10:05 AM
From Scoopduck:

Shows 2019 4 star "point guard" Jahmius Ramsey from IMG being offered by Oregon

https://scoopduck.com/s/1863/2019-four-star-discusses-new-oregon-offer
Oregon knows they’re not BWill’s choice? That’s what it looks like to me.

thespywhozaggedme
05-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Oregon knows they’re not BWill’s choice? That’s what it looks like to me.

Well, we have four start 2019 pg Brock Ravet already committed

Markburn1
05-05-2018, 10:25 AM
I'd be curious to know how the coaching staff is approaching the recruitment of Mr. Williams today. Do they contact him, leave him alone...?

Zagsker
05-05-2018, 10:33 AM
I'd be curious to know how the coaching staff is approaching the recruitment of Mr. Williams today. Do they contact him, leave him alone...?

If it's me...i contacted him yesterday, saying it was a pleasure during this whole process and whatever his decision the best of luck...insert a small pitch about why GU is the right choice...and then say if you have any questions tomorrow please reach out, otherwise we are going to let you consult with family without any disruptions and we can't wait to hear from you

doctorzag
05-05-2018, 10:34 AM

I think they are contacting Joe Cremo and setting up his visit for next weekend. Just my opinion. Jerry Meyer is not wrong very often. Has a lot of sources. Hope I`m wrong,

Zagsker
05-05-2018, 10:38 AM
I think they are contacting Joe Cremo and setting up his visit for next weekend. Just my opinion. Jerry Meyer is not wrong very often. Has a lot of sources. Hope I`m wrong,

I have never been wrong about a recruit..BW to GU

strikenowhere
05-05-2018, 10:48 AM
I have never been wrong about a recruit..BW to GU

Way to jinx yourself! :)

raise the zag
05-05-2018, 10:56 AM

I don't think sources matter much in this case, as nothing has leaked.

I am of the belief he is STILL deciding.

It's never this mute just hours before he announces.

Either way, he will be surprising a lot of folks, including his own imo.

strikenowhere
05-05-2018, 11:01 AM
I don't think sources matter much in this case, as nothing has leaked.

I am of the belief he is STILL deciding.

It's never this mute just hours before he announces.

Either way, he will be surprising a lot of folks, including his own imo.

Hopefully whatever his decision is, he sticks with it. Nobody likes when someone pulls a Mike Francesca.

GU69
05-05-2018, 11:07 AM
OK letís get this decision over with so we can all move on!

This seems to be really tough for Brandon. Hope he can reach a comfortable place on this. Maybe he should delay; maybe he should just flip a coin; maybe he should go with what his parents suggest. It seems to be driving this board crazy, but it's probably driving him even more crazy and he needs to find a way to move on too.

White lightning
05-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Even though it's down to three choices our odds are still 50/50. Either he picks GU or he doesn't.

CDC84
05-05-2018, 11:13 AM
If he chooses to go elsewhere, I just can't help but believe that Gonzaga will have been in there until the very last second. If Meyer thinks Oregon in a runaway, then I am done analyzing recruiting. According to what most top recruits want out of a school, Gonzaga checks way more of the boxes than Oregon and Zona NEXT season. May not be that way 3 seasons from now, but NEXT season. Arizona is in what is rebuilding mode for them (with FBI/NCAA things hanging over its head which scared BWill off in the first place), and right now, at best, Lunardi is only going to put the Ducks 3 or 4 seeds behind GU even if they land BWill. They just have too much youth. And yet despite being a projected #1 seed, Gonzaga still has a spot in the starting lineup for BWill to compete for. If BWill chooses elsewhere, some will blame the WCC, but I don't feel the league issue is strong enough in this case to take the kid away from GU. Not when GU has a final 4 level team and a preseason top 5 team and the other teams are behind hem.

former1dog
05-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Someone please remind me when the announcement is?

Thanks.

raise the zag
05-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Someone please remind me when the announcement is?

Thanks.

Around 415 PST.

cjm720
05-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Around 415 PST.

I flew to Nashville last night and effectively have to wait two more hours and it’s killing me! It will all be fine when we see the bulldog!

Markburn1
05-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Vegas side bet.

Will Brandon announce before Kentucky Derby has a winner?

cggonzaga
05-05-2018, 12:01 PM
https://twitter.com/theebwill/status/992835032912822272?s=21

NotoriousZ
05-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Well, we have four start 2019 pg Brock Ravet already committed

True, but they offered the guy on May 4th (yesterday).

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Looks like Meyer has Oregon, like 60 some percent 25% or so with Arizona, cloudy 7%.... I’m guesing he’s just not coming. I’d now be shocked if he chose us

Zags_Fanatic
05-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Looks like Meyer has Oregon, like 60 some percent 25% or so with Arizona, cloudy 7%.... I’m guesing he’s just not coming. I’d now be shocked if he chose us

Most of those are really old and I don't think any were updated after the Gonzaga visit so I wouldn't put much stock in it. In fact a lot of the Arizona ones are from his first recruitment. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but there is still a real chance.

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Most of those are really old and I don't think any were updated after the Gonzaga visit so I wouldn't put much stock in it. In fact a lot of the Arizona ones are from his first recruitment. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but there is still a real chance.

Updated 5/1. Several others tweeted their guesses this morning 5% or so

3zagda
05-05-2018, 01:09 PM
4:15 is his game time. If I understand correctly, we do not know exactly when he will announce.
Could it be before the game? at half-time? at conclusion of the game?

KStyles
05-05-2018, 01:09 PM
4:15 is his game time. If I understand correctly, we do not know exactly when he will announce.
Could it be before the game? at half-time? at conclusion of the game?

I'd guess halftime.

cjm720
05-05-2018, 01:12 PM
I wonder if any of the coaches recruiting him will be at the game for the announcement?

CDC84
05-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Like a friend of mine, this whole streaming thing in front of the whole world to make announcement has the feel of a Pac 12 kid to me. Losing confidence fast. Even the most highly ranked Gonzaga recruits of the past have made their school announcement quietly with little fanfare. Maybe I will be surprised?

CDC84
05-05-2018, 01:27 PM
I wonder if any of the coaches recruiting him will be at the game for the announcement?

I doubt it. It's not a real "recruiting" game for evaluating players. In fact, I think all 3 head coaches know right now, and all 3 have been called. Kind of like how the NCAA committee gives CBS/TBS the brackets before the official announcement. I also feel its the polite thing for a kid to do. To show the coaches respect and gratefulness for all their time and effort.

ZagMan in Philly
05-05-2018, 01:40 PM
I doubt it. It's not a real "recruiting" game for evaluating players. In fact, I think all 3 head coaches know right now, and all 3 have been called. Kind of like how the NCAA committee gives CBS/TBS the brackets before the official announcement. I also feel its the polite thing for a kid to do. To show the coaches respect and gratefulness for all their time and effort.

Coach Few just did a hand stand ��

strikenowhere
05-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Oh?

23dpg
05-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Like a friend of mine, this whole streaming thing in front of the whole world to make announcement has the feel of a Pac 12 kid to me. Losing confidence fast. Even the most highly ranked Gonzaga recruits of the past have made their school announcement quietly with little fanfare. Maybe I will be surprised?

I don’t see a correlation. Plus, I believe this has always been his plan.

soccerdud
05-05-2018, 02:04 PM
i think i remember someone posting a link (or a tweet or article with a link) to watch the announcement... but i can't find it now. anyone got it?

GoZAGsMang
05-05-2018, 02:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfP0Pn38GGY&list=PLn1oEpC5aiYLVqZEJJ0oufSVWVf9oiII0

GoZAGsMang

soccerdud
05-05-2018, 02:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfP0Pn38GGY&list=PLn1oEpC5aiYLVqZEJJ0oufSVWVf9oiII0

GoZAGsMang

thanks much, sir.

CDC84
05-05-2018, 02:13 PM

:)

CDC84
05-05-2018, 02:19 PM
I don’t see a correlation. Plus, I believe this has always been his plan.

The plan to make the announcement at this game was just made recently. I didn't hear about it until a couple of days ago. The dad said not too long ago in an article that it could be until mid-May until his son made his decision.

I have never seen a player use one of these all star games, whether on TV or streaming, to say he has choosing a non-BCS team. There's no correlation....but it has the wrong feel in my gut.

Zags_Fanatic
05-05-2018, 02:22 PM
announcement is happening now, a few minutes early: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfP0Pn38GGY&list=PLn1oEpC5aiYLVqZEJJ0oufSVWVf9oiII0&index=1&t=0s

ZagaZags
05-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Is there a link to watch announcement?

Zags_Fanatic
05-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Ugh, Arizona it is

Radbooks
05-05-2018, 02:24 PM
It's Arizona

soccerdud
darn.

ZagaZags
Never mind.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 02:25 PM
happy I didn’t attend event

willandi
05-05-2018, 02:27 PM
So...when the hammer drops on AZ (if it does) he will have to sit out a years to transfer here, then will know the system.

If the hammer drops before he enrolls and/or attends classes (if it does), will he still have to sit out a year?

ZagsObserver
05-05-2018, 02:27 PM
The plan to make the announcement at this game was just made recently. I didn't hear about it until a couple of days ago. The dad said not too long ago in an article that it could be until mid-May until his son made his decision.

I have never seen a player use one of these all star games, whether on TV or streaming, to say he has choosing a non-BCS team. There's no correlation....but it has the wrong feel in my gut.

agreed. Looking more and more like our horse isn’t in this race.

Few and staff did a great job, however, and GU is the best team of the three for 2018. It is what it is.

gonstu
05-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Boo

GoZAGsMang
05-05-2018, 02:29 PM
looks like his visit here was just for the tacos

jchocolate99
05-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Should have been his choice the moment he felt ok with the FBI investigation... Total time waste... Can't stand when recruits decommit from a school only to still have that same school in consideration. Please save me your he's a kid making big decisions blah blah crap. We all cope and vent differently and this is how I'm choosing to vent

ZagMan in Philly
05-05-2018, 02:30 PM
I don't like it, but it's the team that he likes since childhood.
Best of luck to him.
I am hoping we will play them in Maui, and CRUSH them!
Go Zags!

jazzdelmar
Hope Seannies check clears.

23dpg
Good luck kid, now back to Zag news.

CDC84
05-05-2018, 02:31 PM

We shall see.

Congrats. The winner. And I thought Arizona would be his third choice.

As for Gonzaga, this is Mark Few's the new final four-type goal now. Few has to figure out a way to beat heavy hitters for a big time, top 25 high school player that he doesn't have a "in" on. For guys like Sabonis, he has Tommy to rely on. A guy like Collins he was able to nail without big time teams recruiting him. Heytvelt, while recruited by everyone, was in Few's backyard. It's something to examine and learn from because on paper, Gonzaga had a TON to sell Brandon Williams THIS season. More than Arizona.

It's the next step if GU wishes to take their program to the next level. Just one player like this can make the difference between you making the final 4 and winning the national title. It'll happen one day, but I would disagree with anyone who doesn't feel it's an important goal.

jazzdelmar
05-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Spare me all the kudos to the dad, the grandad yadda. He was sold a bill of goods by the sleazebag coach in Tucson. Good luck kid. Break a leg.

cjm720
05-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Best of luck but wrong call. Miller underachieves and is a cheater. Will get good exposure and will play for his dream team but cannot help but think he’s wasting his time. I smell a transfer in a year, hopefully to us.

DZ
05-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I don't see why a kid pulls out on Arizona because of the controversy surrounding the program, then reassesses, the controversy is still there, and now commits?

F-Arizona, I hope they go down.

I wish Brandon the best. I do not believe there was "nothing to" the ESPN story. In fact, I believe there was everything to the story, and the carefully worded denial by Sean Miller makes me more, not less, certain.

I hope they miss the tournament, by sanctions.

Good luck Brandon, but bad choice.

jchocolate99
05-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Best of luck but wrong call. Miller underachieves and is a cheater. Will get good exposure and will play for his dream team but cannot help but think he’s wasting his time. I smell a transfer in a year, hopefully to us.

I don't want him... too much "me me" in him from his tweets and with this whole recruiting fiasco... We'll have Ravet and Harris in no time. GU is sitting pretty at PG

GUZag08
05-05-2018, 02:48 PM
Let’s not get into bashing mode. The kid grew up an Arizona fan (if I remember correctly) and was just enjoying the recruiting process. Good luck B-Will

Zagdawg
05-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Best of of luck to him-- on a positive note the Zags may see Zona in Maui in a few months.

Hope the Zags have Cremo on speed dial.

JAGzag
Let’s not get into bashing mode. The kid grew up an Arizona fan (if I remember correctly) and was just enjoying the recruiting process. Good luck B-Will

This. Good kid and good family. He was legit in choosing. Listen, no one takes a free trip to Spokane unless they’re serious. Best of luck to him. Now on to the next choice!

ZagsObserver
Good luck bwil!

I feel very strongly that Miller did in fact pay a recruit. I hope we don’t have to wait forever for the investigation to complete.

whatazag
05-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Not the end of the world, but Williams would have been a nice insurance policy. Now we really need Perkins to heal up and get back to form.

OntZags
05-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Best of luck to the kid! Arizona was obviously his dream school from the get go and it's hard to persuade a kid from that. I think the staff did a commendable job but sometimes it just isn't in the cards.

The team is still loaded for next season and I'm sure the staff has positioned themselves well on the transfer front.

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Best of luck to the kid! Arizona was obviously his dream school from the get go and it's hard to persuade a kid from that. I think the staff did a commendable job but sometimes it just isn't in the cards.

The team is still loaded for next season and I'm sure the staff has positioned themselves well on the transfer front.

Wouldn’t say the Zags are loaded but they do have a dang good team

jchocolate99
05-05-2018, 02:56 PM

Not everyone has to like the decision and some of our fans weren't the only fanbase to question and have problems with how this recruiting went. Nothing wrong with fans expressing their displeasure... All the best to him but as much as his talents would have been nice to have I and many others had issues with how the recruiting played out

raise the zag
05-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Arizona got a good one.

Expected this as well. Childhood dreams rue the day.

Came down to the end, we were neck n neck.

I like Sweat Miller yet his in game coaching is awful, and overly stubborn.

Overall, I would even say under-achiever.

According to Brandon's Dad, they promised him the keys to the Castle. They even said "35 mins per game".

A valiant effort by GU.

Do highly ranked guards get drafted post Zona these days? Honest question.

Arizona may not be post season eligible this year either.

Brandon and fam seem like good peeps, yet interesting he fell back in love with his ex. 'Getting back together' usually doesn't work out long term for any relationship, so wish him the best in this case.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Seems to have been just a dog and duck show...complete waste of time....barring sanctions or Coach firing Williams was always gonna be a Wildcat.

It’s was never a close call...IMHO

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Seems to have been just a dog and duck show...complete waste of time....barring sanctions or Coach firing Williams was always gonna be a Wildcat.

No it wasn’t a waste of time... lol. As jazzdelmar stated earlier last week, “If he doesn’t choose us bless his heart, Gonzaga has its finest moment”

And I truly believe that

jazzdelmar
05-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Having signed with a blue blood, however crooked, espn has finally discovered its naval on the kid. Same old BS, just now in the public record.

Two months after decommitting from Arizona, ESPN 100 point guard Brandon Williams once again pledged to the Wildcats on Saturday.

Williams originally committed to Arizona last June, saying the Wildcats were the first school to recruit him, in eighth grade. However, following the FBI investigation last September, Williams elected not to sign a letter of intent during the early signing period. In early March, one week after ESPN's Mark Schlabach reported that FBI wiretaps intercepted phone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a runner for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, Williams decided to reopen his recruitment.

Williams recently trimmed his list to Oregon, Gonzaga and Arizona, and but the Wildcats were able to get him back in the fold despite him taking official visits to Oregon and Gonzaga in April.

Ranked No. 37 in the ESPN 100 for 2018, Williams missed his junior season and all of last spring and summer's AAU season due to knee surgery. As a senior, Williams was one of the best guards on the West coast, averaging 24.7 points and 5.0 rebounds.

Arizona lost all three of its early commits following the FBI investigation, including Jahvon Quinerly and Shareef O'Neal, with Williams the only one recommitting to the Wildcats. Since the season ended, though, Miller has gone out and landed ESPN 100 guard Devonaire Doutrive and Belgian forward Omar Thielemans in the 2018 class. He also picked up graduate transfers Justin Coleman (Samford) and Ryan Luther (Pittsburgh), both of whom will be eligible immediately.

With Williams off the board, only one ESPN 100 prospect remains uncommitted from the 2018 class: Jordan Brown. Arizona, Nevada and California are at the top of his list.

DZ
05-05-2018, 03:08 PM

And you would be in a position to know.

I think Few had a better read on the chances of landing him and made a significant investment because it wasn't a dog and duck show, unless you're telling us you knew it was obvious, but Few wouldn't have?

Coach Crazy
05-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Best of luck to Brandon and his family. He took his time and carried out the process.

He may very well just want to be at AZ, regardless of whether or not they get slammed.

sittingon50
05-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Best of luck, Brandon.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 03:10 PM
No it wasnít a waste of time... lol. As jazzdelmar stated earlier last week, ďIf he doesnít choose us bless his heart, Gonzaga has its finest momentĒ

And I truly believe that

Zags have been rejected twice by the same recruit .....tough gut punch.

Donít think Donny or Few would say it was Gonzagaís finest hour

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Zags have been rejected twice by the same recruit .....tough gut punch.

Don’t think Donny or Few would say it was Gonzaga’s finest hour

You don’t know the context behind it clearly.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 03:12 PM
And you would be in a position to know.

I think Few had a better read on the chances of landing him and made a significant investment because it wasn't a dog and duck show, unless you're telling us you knew it was obvious, but Few wouldn't have?

All the other recruits that fled AZ never looked back. That was the sign ..IMO

NotoriousZ
05-05-2018, 03:13 PM
I think either Miller convinced him that no penalties were coming (and we shall see), or he’s willing to take the risk and help rebuild his favorite team. Good luck to him.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 03:15 PM
You don’t know the context behind it clearly.

Yes I do.

Coach Few has said more than once....coming in second is the worst especially with high value recruits because so much time and effort is used.

MDABE80
05-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Adults drooling is never a pretty sight.
This isn't over. Az Is still in trouble and so is its coach. He would have been a Good add on player for us. Best thing always happens. I liked Joe.... Thirst for wins , better shooter and his maturity can't be overlooked.Maybe we work some
Magic.
Good luck to Brandon.!

jazzdelmar
05-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Agree Doc. Let’s win now. No time to break in kids with sizeable egos. It’s a mitzvah.

Adults drooling is never a pretty sight.
This isn't over. Az Is still in trouble and so is its coach. He would have been a Good add on player for us. Best thing always happens. I liked Joe.... Thirst for wins , better shooter and his maturity can't be overlooked.Maybe we work some
Magic.
Good luck to Brandon.!

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Yes I do.

Coach Few has said more than once....coming in second is the worst especially with high value recruits because so much time and effort is used.

No, you don’t lol.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 03:43 PM
No, you donít lol.

Gonzaga was shown in such a positive light with family atmosphere so transparent .. beacon to all recruits

gonzagafan62
05-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Gonzaga was shown in such a positive light with family atmosphere so transparent .. beacon to all recruits

I’d rather have that than Brandon Williams tbh

EDIT: no disrespect to him either

kclubfounder
05-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Surprising. Has anyone ever de-committed because of something dramatic like a coaching change or NCAA violations, then re-committed after shopping around? Maybe, but it has to be really, really rare.

I wish him the best, but hope he's jealous of what the Zags accomplish while he's in school!

JPtheBeasta
05-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Brandon, I sincerely wish you all the best. This was a fun diversion during the dog days of the off season. It would have been cool to see you in a Zag uni. That said, with any luck we’ll see you in March and get to bounce you out of the tournament :)

Bogozags
05-05-2018, 04:07 PM
I am relieved this is over, now maybe the staff can recruit a player that actually wants to come here...I do hope he has a long, healthy career...

cjm720
05-05-2018, 04:13 PM
If Arizona gets slammed tomorrow or before the season begins, is there a shot we could still land him in 18 or is this it? Zona and Miller are going down.

JPtheBeasta
05-05-2018, 04:16 PM
At least he’s not taking his talents to South Beach.

Hoopaholic
05-05-2018, 04:19 PM
If Arizona gets slammed tomorrow or before the season begins, is there a shot we could still land him in 18 or is this it? Zona and Miller are going down.

Any player who is not enrolled has not started their college clock

thespywhozaggedme
05-05-2018, 05:19 PM
I'm torn, I'm glad he didn't choose Oregon but I'm honestly shocked that he chose Zona with the cloud hanging over them. Seems like a really poor decision.

23dpg
05-05-2018, 05:24 PM
I'm torn, I'm glad he didn't choose Oregon but I'm honestly shocked that he chose Zona with the cloud hanging over them. Seems like a really poor decision.

Gonzaga is my favorite team. If they had offered me out of high school, there is very little that could have swayed me to go elsewhere. I’m sure Miller told him that there’s nothing to the investigation and btw, you’ll play 35 minutes a game.
That’s probably what happened. I get it.
Good luck to Brandon in the polite way. I will now concentrate on the team that the Zags put on the floor next year.

CDC84
05-05-2018, 06:29 PM
The worst part about BWill's decision, beyond the fact that it possibly ruinied GU's chance at a national title, is that dang Jay Bilas will use BWill as ammunition in his tired argument that Gonzaga is a mid major program because they can't recruit against the big boys. It's inevitable that they are going to pair Gonzaga and Arizona in Maui, and as always, Jay Bilas will be there. I wanted to shut that guy up once and for all. 25% of the reason I wanted BWill had to do with Bilas.

rawkmandale
05-05-2018, 06:34 PM
The worst part about BWill's decision, beyond the fact that it possibly ruinied GU's chance at a national title, is that dang Jay Bilas will use BWill as ammunition in his tired argument that Gonzaga is a mid major program because they can't recruit against the big boys. It's inevitable that they are going to pair Gonzaga and Arizona in Maui, and as always, Jay Bilas will be there. I wanted to shut that guy up once and for all. 25% of the reason I wanted BWill had to do with Bilas.

I wish there was a way to "super like" this post.

23dpg
05-05-2018, 06:36 PM
If Gonzaga meets Arizona in Maui, Gonzaga will win.
I don’t care what Jay Bills thinks.
I still have high hopes for next year.

MDABE80
05-05-2018, 06:53 PM
If Gonzaga meets Arizona in Maui, Gonzaga will win.
I don’t care what Jay Bills thinks.
I still have high hopes for next year.

This. We ll still win if we play AZ. This kid choosing AZ really isn't awful. ��Sure we. Hold have used him but not only are we loaded.. Few knows we need that one spot edifices. He'll get a good one. At least we know he's hard at it unlike a few years ago! Lol
Then again two years ago, there wasn't a lot of quality transfers around the might suit our needs .
I'm certain over the Summer we'll find some mJor help out front to pair with Josh. Brandon may have had oodles of talent but he would be new to the D1 game. Wesley type would be fine!

SunDevilGolfZag
05-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Wish the kid the best, but now this whole thread seams like old news

thespywhozaggedme
05-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Gonzaga is my favorite team. If they had offered me out of high school, there is very little that could have swayed me to go elsewhere. I’m sure Miller told him that there’s nothing to the investigation and btw, you’ll play 35 minutes a game.
That’s probably what happened. I get it.
Good luck to Brandon in the polite way. I will now concentrate on the team that the Zags put on the floor next year.

I think the bolded is key. He want's to be "the man" regardless of how good the team will be. Now he will get his chance.

Ezag
05-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Zags were always gonna be 3rd after Oregon and Arizona. Pac 12 over WCC seals this

EEzag
05-05-2018, 07:14 PM
I think the bolded is key. He want's to be "the man" regardless of how good the team will be. Now he will get his chance.

It's going to be interesting what happens at AZ. I wonder if the fact he'll be gone before any major charges fly had anything to do with his decision. That is, if any end up being filed. Best of luck to him.

Get healthy Josh. Perkins, norvelle, tillie, rui and Clarke. Let's go

MDABE80
05-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Thank God this ends here,

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Ha ha ha ....turn Brandon out to General basketball thread. Never any chance of becoming Zag Material.

Reborn
05-05-2018, 08:02 PM
As you know I'm not surprised at all, as I believed he would not come to GU. It does surprise me that someone like CDC would say that Gonzaga won't make the Final 4 this year without him. And this is maybe the main reason that I did not like this thread. So many fans felt just like CDC, and put so much hope in him. I'm sure people are quite let down tonight. I love the team we have now, and won't be surprised that we get someone special before Fall. I never felt this kid ever wanted to go to GU. If he had he would have come here before signing with Arizona the first time. I will wish him good luck, only out of politely. But underneath those words I can hardly wait to play Arizona if we do, cause I want to see Norvell tear him, and I want to see Perkins take him to school. I'm sure his decision came down to knowing he is not going to beat out either Josh or Norvell. I know some of you don't like Perkins at the point, but I do. And I like him a lot. He's going to be a senior, and he deserves to RUN this team again. We had a very good year last year with this team, and it's going to be better next year.

One thing I believe. Williams was not Zag material, and I'm totally okay with him playing at Arizona. Let's keep looking for guys who are Zag Material/

Go Zags!!!

kclubfounder
05-05-2018, 08:12 PM

I wish there was a way to "super dislike" this post. Come on CDC, I love you man, but please stop with the self pity. We are SO past being offended by a comment here or there from someone nationally - or at least we should be past it. Bilas does NOT argue that we are a mid major program any more, and hasn't in ages. Nobody in the national media does it anymore. And although it seems like the kid could help us win a NT next year, nobody knows that - obviously. He could very easily have become a distraction or someone who affects team unity in a negative way. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him. But it doesn't hurt THAT much.

Zagceo
05-05-2018, 08:17 PM
I wish there was a way to "super dislike" this post. Come on CDC, I love you man, but please stop with the self pity. We are SO past being offended by a comment here or there from someone nationally - or at least we should be past it. Bilas does NOT argue that we are a mid major program any more, and hasn't in ages. Nobody in the national media does it anymore. And although it seems like the kid could help us win a NT next year, nobody knows that - obviously. He could very easily have become a distraction or someone who affects team unity in a negative way. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him. But it doesn't hurt THAT much.

^truth^

jpn17
05-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Count me among those who are not surprised. I was hoping the allure of being able to play for a national title would help sway him, and maybe it did a little bit, but not enough. He definitely won't be playing for one at AZ with Miller leading the ship.

I still really like Gonzaga's chances next year. Yeah having Williams would have been nice, but he still would have been the backup PG. Perkins is going to get the majority of the minutes at that position and that may have factored into Williams' decision as well. Hopefully the Zags can get a decent PG to transfer in, but even if they don't they're still going to be really really good.

EEzag
05-05-2018, 08:34 PM
As you know I'm not surprised at all, as I believed he would not come to GU. It does surprise me that someone like CDC would say that Gonzaga won't make the Final 4 this year without him. And this is maybe the main reason that I did not like this thread. So many fans felt just like CDC, and put so much hope in him. I'm sure people are quite let down tonight. I love the team we have now, and won't be surprised that we get someone special before Fall. I never felt this kid ever wanted to go to GU. If he had he would have come here before signing with Arizona the first time. I will wish him good luck, only out of politely. But underneath those words I can hardly wait to play Arizona if we do, cause I want to see Norvell tear him, and I want to see Perkins take him to school. I'm sure his decision came down to knowing he is not going to beat out either Josh or Norvell. I know some of you don't like Perkins at the point, but I do. And I like him a lot. He's going to be a senior, and he deserves to RUN this team again. We had a very good year last year with this team, and it's going to be better next year.

One thing I believe. Williams was not Zag material, and I'm totally okay with him playing at Arizona. Let's keep looking for guys who are Zag Material/

Go Zags!!!
Thought he said national championship. What's going to get this team to the ff will be defensive improvement, Josh's health, and rui's development. And if those things happen, another shot at the title is very possible.