View Full Version : Brandon Williams

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ZagMan in Philly
04-30-2018, 01:25 PM
We got this!
And well said Jazz.

Bouldin4Prez
04-30-2018, 01:27 PM
Cool write up by 247. When guys come in for official visits and run games with players, is it just pick up 5 on 5 with a little more structure as they are going to put players that make sense together on the same team? I have always been curious as to how that sort of thing plays out.

Zagceo
04-30-2018, 01:51 PM
so 247sports gives Zags a 7% chance of landing Williams?

Williams has a 64 percent chance of committing to Oregon, followed by Arizona’s 29 percent, according to 247sports.com.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/apr/30/gonzaga-oregon-and-arizona-await-top-recruit-brand/

Zags_Fanatic
04-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Everyone once in awhile I have to pinch myself and think back on how far this program has come. We are 20 years into this run and Gonzaga and has built itself into a national powerhouse that can honestly tout the family atmosphere and Zag identity but now also has the facilities, staff, schedule, history and budget to compete head-to-head with programs like Arizona and Oregon.

I can't wait to see what the next 20 years will bring, but I suspect it will include a couple of national titles. Now I just hope that Williams will be part of the first.

ZagMan in Philly
04-30-2018, 02:15 PM
so 247sports gives Zags a 7% chance of landing Williams?

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/apr/30/gonzaga-oregon-and-arizona-await-top-recruit-brand/

No i don't think so, those numbers were before the official visit to the Kennel.

cjm720
04-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Sure seems like his pops would choose GU!

Good read. I am pumped for BW’s commitment!!!

gonstu
04-30-2018, 02:25 PM
Great job Few & staff. No matter where he chooses sounds like they left a solid impression.

WallaWallaZag
04-30-2018, 02:25 PM
Sure seems like his pops would choose GU!

Good read. I am pumped for BW’s commitment!!!

the dad has definitely been great...but he's also been pretty effusive in his praise for every school that's recruiting his son.

CDC84
04-30-2018, 02:29 PM
I like this bit as well:

“Everything that Coach Few says is fact. They have the academic support, the Athletic Director’s vision in the program and the Strength & Conditioning program was phenomenal. Everything he said about offering what the top Blue Blood programs offer, it’s true. I have seen it and witnessed it.”

I have mentioned this on this board several times. The biggest key with kids like BW is getting them on campus. Once they get on campus, they can see that what some other people are telling them about Gonzaga is a lie. And that reflects badly on those people.

FlyZag
04-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Cool write up by 247. When guys come in for official visits and run games with players, is it just pick up 5 on 5 with a little more structure as they are going to put players that make sense together on the same team? I have always been curious as to how that sort of thing plays out.

I think they can only do informal pickup... stupid rules and all.

23dpg
04-30-2018, 03:06 PM
The latest...

https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Welcomed-Top-2018-Target-Brandon-Williams-To-Campus-For-An-Official-Visit--117852625

I would say our program sold itself, now it's out of our hands and in BWill's court.

Good article. I really liked this part:

The way the other players were so welcoming of him on the court and engaged with him, you can just see how quickly they could gel together. We had a long conversation with Josh Perkins and he just has open arms for Brandon.Ē

CDC84
04-30-2018, 03:14 PM
You can bet that lots of video of NWG and Perkins working together at the final 4 was shown on the big screen.

BayAreaZagFan
04-30-2018, 03:55 PM
"Williams has a 64 percent chance of committing to Oregon, followed by Arizona’s 29 percent, according to 247sports.com."

I'm not even going to pretend I understand how they could come up with percentages on something like that, let alone those very specific percentages.

I just now got a chance to read the article about the visit. As others have said, so many good things in it. I think it's just further proof of what was already known - this is a great program with great kids run by great people. I hope he makes the right decision and picks the Zags. It sounds like he's already got some decent folks around him and would fit in just fine here.

OntZags
04-30-2018, 04:14 PM
"Williams has a 64 percent chance of committing to Oregon, followed by Arizona’s 29 percent, according to 247sports.com."

I'm not even going to pretend I understand how they could come up with percentages on something like that, let alone those very specific percentages.

I just now got a chance to read the article about the visit. As others have said, so many good things in it. I think it's just further proof of what was already known - this is a great program with great kids run by great people. I hope he makes the right decision and picks the Zags. It sounds like he's already got some decent folks around him and would fit in just fine here.

It just comes from the 'crystal ball expert predictions'. So of all their recruiting 'experts', 64% have Oregon, 29% have Arizona and 7% have cloudy. I doubt they have much inside insight at this point so I would take it with a grain of salt.

I think it is pretty clear that Brandon from the outset had his heart set on 1 school. Now I'm unsure on whether that school was Arizona (his initial choice) or Oregon (with all his incoming AAU buddies) but 1 of the 2 was clearly the favourite.

I also think it is reasonably clear that the Gonzaga pitch has legitimately shaken him and made him reconsider his position. I don't know if it's been enough to fully persuade him but I think they've pulled out all the stops and the ball is in his court now.

I certainly hope Brandon chooses GU but I can respect and understand if he goes elsewhere. Either way this team is positioned for a special season and I'm just relieved we'll have closure on this matter shortly and be able to see how the roster will fully shake down sooner rather than later.

jazzdelmar
04-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Play for Few vs Sleazy Miller vs imminent Banana Peel Altman. Play with top 5, bottom top 20, maybe outside top 20 team. Easy choice to me.

JPtheBeasta
04-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Good article. I really liked this part:

The way the other players were so welcoming of him on the court and engaged with him, you can just see how quickly they could gel together. We had a long conversation with Josh Perkins and he just has open arms for Brandon.”

Assuming one shoulder is in a sling/immobilizer, it might be “open arm.” :p

DZ
04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
I thought the most impressive part about the article was how impressed they were that the whole team came out to Few's house for a big catered dinner. They said they had not seen that before.

Those are the things I am looking for, things that they say they saw that they didn't see anywhere else. The way his father reiterated 2x that what Mark Few says is "fact" - tells me a little bit more than Coach is a man of his word (we knew that). It might also be indicating that what coaches had said at other schools did not always add up to what they saw when they arrived, or with whom they met. When a parent emphasizes something like that which goes directly to "trust," and the entire process really is about "trust" in what is best for the student, it is telling IMO. Telling that, no matter what he chooses, they do trust Few and the team.

I'll put it this way. After having read everything on here about him, from the very beginning through the whole saga and through today, I can't know what's going on in their collective heads, but I wouldn't trade our shot for anyone else's right now. I think we have every reason to believe that we are as likely as any of the other two schools.

MDABE80
04-30-2018, 05:01 PM
We have his dads vote. No doubt. Up to the kid though.

billyberu
04-30-2018, 05:25 PM
"... I can't know what's going on in their collective heads, but I wouldn't trade our shot for anyone else's right now. I think we have every reason to believe that we are as likely as any of the other two schools."

I share your enthusiasm. Just getting him on campus elevates Gonzaga's chances.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

LongIslandZagFan
04-30-2018, 05:39 PM
If he chooses Oregon or Zona... please people... don't come on here and say he was never Zag material.

He is and the Zags pulled out all the stops. From what I read out of that article... If anything, GU may have a really good shot at him and they possibly swayed an existing P12 lean to an honest to goodness really tough decision/GU lean.

TimberZag
04-30-2018, 06:26 PM
He wrote this below his latest Instagram post (same as twitter):

thebwill2May 5th @ballislife ... A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided.

Coach Crazy
04-30-2018, 06:34 PM
I thought the most impressive part about the article was how impressed they were that the whole team came out to Few's house for a big catered dinner. They said they had not seen that before.

Those are the things I am looking for, things that they say they saw that they didn't see anywhere else. The way his father reiterated 2x that what Mark Few says is "fact" - tells me a little bit more than Coach is a man of his word (we knew that). It might also be indicating that what coaches had said at other schools did not always add up to what they saw when they arrived, or with whom they met. When a parent emphasizes something like that which goes directly to "trust," and the entire process really is about "trust" in what is best for the student, it is telling IMO. Telling that, no matter what he chooses, they do trust Few and the team.

I'll put it this way. After having read everything on here about him, from the very beginning through the whole saga and through today, I can't know what's going on in their collective heads, but I wouldn't trade our shot for anyone else's right now. I think we have every reason to believe that we are as likely as any of the other two schools.

I don't think anyone knows, but them, and any other school they have confided in (if that has happened). The twitter blunder was enough to tell me that just about nobody knows. At all. I also think it's something entirely different to suit up next to a Final Four trophy, knowing that the team you would join is ready to make that journey, again.

And JP embracing that opportunity makes a difference. If you get a kid that hears a bunch of talk but feels and sees something different, then there are reservations. I think Josh would be more than happy to be an off-ball distributor that gets to shoot three's and avoid taking so many shots to his shoulder. Brandon would be *the* guy, and I am glad they made that impression with him.

When you can look a kid in the face and tell him that there are multiple draft picks on next year's team, players that have been to a National Championship game, a program with as many years of unbroken tradition as GU has, and that you trust *him* to captain the point and get us to the promised land....I would hope that gives some players a sense of pride and confidence that could only be felt at GU.

In no way am I trying to be a debby downer, but if you put a gun to my head...while I hope...I think it's still Oregon.

Coach Crazy
04-30-2018, 06:38 PM
If he chooses Oregon or Zona... please people... don't come on here and say he was never Zag material.

He is and the Zags pulled out all the stops. From what I read out of that article... If anything, GU may have a really good shot at him and they possibly swayed an existing P12 lean to an honest to goodness really tough decision/GU lean.

Agreed. I don't think they always are (i.e. the 2018 recruit to USC), but here, I agree.

Zag_Dad
04-30-2018, 07:39 PM
To me, this is HUGE.

“That was really big at his house,” Brandon’s father made clear. “The whole team was there and it just showed the family environment. Everybody is just together all the time and it’s a family feel. We have never experienced anything like that before on a visit. It was great seeing all the players interact with him and you could tell this wasn’t something that’s staged. What you see is what you get at Gonzaga.”

Zags preach “family” and proved it isn’t just lip service. The fact that Brandon’s father acknowledged that they didn’t see this with any of the other schools is significant.

I feel cautiously optimistic

GO ZAGS

TexasZagFan
04-30-2018, 07:39 PM

I like our chances, I just wish Mom had made the trip. No doubt his stepfather was impressed...I hesitate to use the word, "sold". You get the parents on campus, it adds another dimension, there's just that magic that exists at 509 Boone Ave.

cggonzaga
04-30-2018, 07:46 PM
I like our chances, I just wish Mom had made the trip. No doubt his stepfather was impressed...I hesitate to use the word, "sold". You get the parents on campus, it adds another dimension, there's just that magic that exists at 509 Boone Ave.

Why are you assuming Mom wasn’t there? Article referred to whole family.

Reborn
04-30-2018, 07:46 PM
I know exactly what you mean by that magic. Every time I go back to GU feel it. It's a very strong spiritual feeling while walking around the campus with either my sons or grandsons. And then you read the inscription on the wall of the news Student Union Bldg. Wow! And then you run into a few students and they look at you and get eye contact and then smile and say hi to you as if they know you.....It's just incredible.

I am blessed to be a part of this great University.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn
04-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Regarding Brandon Williams. I think back to the last great point guard that Mark Few went after, Josh Perkins. I remember the recruiting wars well. I followed them closely at the time. I didn't think Gonzaga had a good chance to get him at the time, but when He signed with us, I felt about as high as I ever have regarding recruiting someone. The same feeling for Wiltjer but in a much different way. And look what has happened to Josh firts. I Final 4, an Elite 8 and a Sweet 16. And he played in a National Championship game. And he will now lead perhaps the best Gonzaga team of All-time. And Brandon can be a part of making this the best team ever. And he is just a freshman. The door is waiting for you Brandon. It's open. Just walk through it and you will suddenly begin a GREAT journey. As the dog in the Nike commercial once said, "Just do it!"

Go Zags!!!

Reborn
04-30-2018, 08:15 PM
Let's not forget that Greg Foster and Filip Petrusev will also be here

ZagnetitForce
04-30-2018, 08:22 PM
Everyone once in awhile I have to pinch myself and think back on how far this program has come. We are 20 years into this run and Gonzaga and has built itself into a national powerhouse that can honestly tout the family atmosphere and Zag identity but now also has the facilities, staff, schedule, history and budget to compete head-to-head with programs like Arizona and Oregon.

I can't wait to see what the next 20 years will bring, but I suspect it will include a couple of national titles. Now I just hope that Williams will be part of the first.

thebwill2May 5th @ballislife ... A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided.

Is that the same as...."if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice"?

Zagger
04-30-2018, 08:52 PM
Goodness, if that doesnít convince the young man then god bless him. Just makes me prouder than ever to hear that testimony from BWís dad. No spin there. Itís from the heart. Congrats to MF and the GU BB community for rolling out the carpet so transparently. If he comes, great. If not, so be it. In my mind GU already had its finest hour.

Well, I still have a couple more pages of posts to read but thought I'd give a BIG thumbs up to you Jazz for this post :) Hits the nail on the head for me. GU is a class act. Not that other schools are not as well. I sure hope more are than I tend to think there are. If that is the case I feel for the families that have to make choices like the Williams family will be making. I'd hate to end up in a situation where I felt I'd made a lesser choice on down the road. I really admire how GU/Few/Tommy, etc. go about things - not forgetting the guys on the team too. Special bunch all around!

webspinnre
04-30-2018, 09:11 PM

1000 times this. So tired of seeing this regarding some recruits.

zagdontzig
04-30-2018, 09:32 PM
1000 times this. So tired of seeing this regarding some recruits.

I don’t see the problem with concluding he’s not Zag material if he commits elsewhere. That’s not saying he is talented enough, but when we sell him on system and development, and the other teams sell him on women, weather, and playing with his boys, if he picks the latter, then he’s not Zags material.

webspinnre
04-30-2018, 09:34 PM
I don’t see the problem with concluding he’s not Zag material if he commits elsewhere. That’s not saying he is talented enough, but when we sell him on system and development, and the other teams sell him on women, weather, and playing with his boys, if he picks the latter, then he’s not Zags material.

Given that we don't know what he's been sold on at other places, and knowing that there are other quality universities besides our own, it seems awfully presumptuous of us to conclude that a recruit isn't "Zag material" simply because he chooses another university without actually knowing the reasons for his choice.

zagdontzig
04-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Given that we don't know what he's been sold on at other places, and knowing that there are other quality universities besides our own, it seems awfully presumptuous of us to conclude that a recruit isn't "Zag material" simply because he chooses another university without actually knowing the reasons for his choice.

Read the articles from Oregon’s and Arizona’s own sources, and there’s plenty to see about how Altman and Miller sold the school, not to mention his own step father’s comments. Would it stand in court? No, but there’s plenty enough information to surmise what the programs’ Various pitches were.

23dpg
04-30-2018, 09:44 PM

That’s a terrible assumption to make. I’m going to guess that you have no idea what the recruiting process entails. These young men and women get courted at each school When they go on these visits. It’s a tough decision to make.
If he chooses Arizona, maybe because he feels loyal to the school he first committed to?
If he chooses Oregon, maybe it’s because he has friends on the team?
Maybe it’s academics? Or basketball future? Or proximity to home? Or dozens of other things?

Coach Few and his staff and players have already designated this kid as “Zag material” by wanting him at Gonzaga. Fact!

2wiceright
04-30-2018, 09:49 PM

Couldn't have said it better, webspinnre!!! Thanks..

zagdontzig
04-30-2018, 09:50 PM
That’s a terrible assumption to make. I’m going to guess that you have no idea what the recruiting process entails. These young men and women get courted at each school When they go on these visits. It’s a tough decision to make.
If he chooses Arizona, maybe because he feels loyal to the school he first committed to?
If he chooses Oregon, maybe it’s because he has friends on the team?
Maybe it’s academics? Or basketball future? Or proximity to home? Or dozens of other things?

Coach Few and his staff and players have already designated this kid as “Zag material” by wanting him at Gonzaga. Fact!

Was Taeshon Cherry designated Zag material because Few pursued him? Because he sure picked the flavor of the month, both times picking schools with no discernible system, and with great weather and coeds.

Feels to me Few’s recruiting process is more putting the team out on the table and letting the recruit decide if he wants to buy into a challenging but rewarding system.

webspinnre
04-30-2018, 10:09 PM
So, basically any recruit that we offer that doesn't choose us isn't "Zag material"? That's ridiculous, given the number of offers we give out, relative to the number who end up committing.

zagdontzig
04-30-2018, 10:25 PM
So, basically any recruit that we offer that doesn't choose us isn't "Zag material"? That's ridiculous, given the number of offers we give out, relative to the number who end up committing.

Well, yes. It is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We can all agree on this; we all hope Brandon Williams commits to Gonzaga. And it’s late. And a week night. Rest well and Go Zags.

Robzagnut
04-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Is that the same as...."if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice"?

"You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill. I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill."

BW sounds like a steady young man. No rash decisions. Think things through. Kind of young man you want as your point guard running your offense.

maynard g krebs
04-30-2018, 10:38 PM
other teams sell him on women, weather, and playing with his boys.

That's just inane. All 3 are trying to sell him the same thing. That is that they are the best place to develop his basketball skills (and mentality) to prepare for a pro career.

The Zags have the best chance of making a deep run next year, and that gives him the best chance to showcase himself in March. The Ducks will feature a lot of youth in key roles, and have a high upside but it's a much iffier deal as to how good they'll wind up being. You don't know what freshmen will do till they do it. But it's also a fact that while the Zags have put a lot of their recent bigs in the NBA, the Ducks have perimeters Young, Brooks, and Dorsey in the NBA in the last few years. And the three stars from last yr's final 4 team came to Eugene to pitch the program on his visit.

So he has a lot to consider. He doesn't sound like a kid who will make a choice based on anything superfluous or trivial. He's gonna go where he believes is best for his game and development.

TimberZag
04-30-2018, 11:45 PM
He’s a HS kid (giving me anxiety, but still) a TEENAGER. Probably nervous, needs to find the right fit! Just wants to play ball. Hoping he chooses us but with or without him we will make a run. Hoping he chooses us, but if not? His loss. I’m sure if he doesn’t choose to be a Zag, he will regret it come tournament time.

soccerdud
05-01-2018, 12:10 AM
That's just inane.

you're being charitable.

raise the zag
05-01-2018, 03:01 AM
I like the reasons he chose Crespi High School:

https://youtu.be/oZRY42x08LE (https://youtu.be/oZRY42x08LE)

"Academics, Brotherhood, community, life-long relationships..."

Sound familiar?

Then again, Brandon's Parents picked his HS, it will be Brandon's decision for College.

Besides the sun-less wkend, it sounds like he had a great visit. Love that we showed him the communal aspect of attending GU. As Coach Giac said, no other school compares on a "familiail" level like GU.

That said, if I'm being honest, I feel BWill re-commits to Arizona.

No one realizes how convincing a desperate Sweat Miller can be...ever heard him in post game pressors? Always want to give him a hug, victim with a side of friendly charisma.

According to Brandon's step dad Zona said need him to play 35 mpg, be the face of Arizona next season ala Ayton last year, & put the ball in his hands. Their 2018 recruiting is bleak by their standards as well, although they have a couple Top 50 PG's on the roster who didn't play last season, namely a 4 star 6'7" PG who is gunning for PT.

Anyway, it was Williams' 'childhood dream' to be a Wildcat. Tough to sway that alone...

As another poster mentioned, if this was his parents decision, Gonzaga would be a slam dunk. Same reason they chose Crespi for him.

Birddog
05-01-2018, 04:24 AM
Goodness, if that doesnít convince the young man then god bless him. Just makes me prouder than ever to hear that testimony from BWís dad. No spin there. Itís from the heart. Congrats to MF and the GU BB community for rolling out the carpet so transparently. If he comes, great. If not, so be it. In my mind GU already had its finest hour.

Kinda stands in sharp contrast to say the way Louisville used to do it eh?

GoZag
05-01-2018, 06:09 AM
Iím going out on the limb and reversing myself from my earlier belief that he was headed to Arizona amd now strongly believe he chooses Gonzaga on May 5th. Gonzaga over Arizona with Orgeron in third.

When did the LSU's football coach Ed Orgeron come into the picture

Zaglaw
05-01-2018, 06:11 AM

Agree. If we buy into the concept of not being "Zag material" if one goes elsewhere, then Wiltjer wasn't Zag material. Oh, but, wait, then he was? Reality: lots of players are Zag material, but make a different choice for reasons we don't always know or understand.

DZ
05-01-2018, 07:04 AM

I refuse to put very much meaning into a tweet or post, but I do like this message. "New action" seems less consistent with going back to Arizona, or joining his old AAU teammates at Oregon.

Or it could mean nothing at all except that he has to take action.

Regardless, given his father's comments, I'm still content, and wouldn't trade places with the other schools.

Zag_Dad
05-01-2018, 07:13 AM
Agree. If we buy into the concept of not being "Zag material" if one goes elsewhere, then Wiltjer wasn't Zag material. Oh, but, wait, then he was? Reality: lots of players are Zag material, but make a different choice for reasons we don't always know or understand.

here we go ... train is leaving the tracks again. Can we talk about Brandon Williams' commitment and leave the debate on whether someone is "Zag material" for some other time where you beer can be consumed?

GO ZAGS

willandi
05-01-2018, 07:22 AM
here we go ... train is leaving the tracks again. Can we talk about Brandon Williams' commitment and leave the debate on whether someone is "Zag material" for some other time where you beer can be consumed?

GO ZAGS

If you are negative about a recruit that commits elsewhere, are YOU Zag material?

northsidezagfan
05-01-2018, 07:30 AM
:cheers:
If you are negative about a recruit that commits elsewhere, are YOU Zag material?

IMADEYOUREADTHIS
05-01-2018, 07:41 AM

Wiltjer chose Kentucky over us - not Zag Material, until of course, he became Zag Material by choosing us the second time around.

Logical.

caldwellzag
05-01-2018, 07:42 AM
Good article here

https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Lets-take-a-peek-at-what-Gonzaga-basketball-looks-like-next-year-if-Brandon-Williams-joins-the-fold-117853236

strikenowhere
05-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Good article here

https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Lets-take-a-peek-at-what-Gonzaga-basketball-looks-like-next-year-if-Brandon-Williams-joins-the-fold-117853236

I like Zach Bell, but ONCE AGAIN, there is no way in hell that Clarke is not starting. Williams will be the first guard off the bench, playing 25+ minutes giving breathers to Perkins & Norvell.

BroncoZAG615
05-01-2018, 08:04 AM
I like Zach Bell, but ONCE AGAIN, there is no way in hell that Clarke is not starting. Williams will be the first guard off the bench, playing 25+ minutes giving breathers to Perkins & Norvell.

Wanna bet?

Love,

Zach

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2018, 08:07 AM
Good article here

It really wasn't. And I apologize if he posts here but his opening statement sounded like a preteen girl at a Bruno Mars concert; way too much adoration. It's a symbiotic relationship, we need each other. We will be fine with or without him, of course I would love to have him, but that article was no better or worse than any post on this message board.

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 08:08 AM

If Williams commits, it's because he's getting the starting nod. Zach can still get his 20+ minutes a game and still do enough to be a draft pick with that.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-01-2018, 08:22 AM

The starting 5 and minutes laid out by the article are right on the money.

Your all caps does not make you right.

Also, with all these posts predicting him to not pick us, Iíd like to reiterate my position that Iíve had all along.

He will pick us. Heís very thorough and deliberate, and after comparing all of the programs, he will pick Gonzaga. Just like I said before he scheduled a visit. Just like I said before he moved up his visit.

strikenowhere
05-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Wanna bet?

Love,

Zach

Hah! Sure - just need to set some parameters:

1. Assuming that the entire roster is HEALTHY, Brandon Clarke will be the regular season opening game starter
2. Assuming that the entire roster is HEALTHY, Williams will begin the regular season opener on the bench
3. If both start, the bet is a wash?
4. All predicated on Williams landing here, of course.

Anything in mind for the winner/loser? I was thinking a charity donation of some sort.

BroncoZAG615
05-01-2018, 08:28 AM
Hah! Sure - just need to set some parameters:

1. Assuming that the entire roster is HEALTHY, Brandon Clarke will be the regular season opening game starter
2. Assuming that the entire roster is HEALTHY, Williams will begin the regular season opener on the bench
3. If both start, the bet is a wash?
4. All predicated on Williams landing here, of course.

Anything in mind for the winner/loser? I was thinking a charity donation of some sort.

I'd love that. I'll PM you as I'm going to head back into lurk mode for another 4 years but am all in on the charity front.

Bouldin4Prez
05-01-2018, 08:31 AM
If Williams commits, it's because he's getting the starting nod. Zach can still get his 20+ minutes a game and still do enough to be a draft pick with that.

If Williams commits, our starting 5 is Perkins Williams Norvell Tillie Hachimura.

Same concept as our lineup that took us to our final 4. First sub being Clarke instead of Collins is even similar.

caldwellzag
05-01-2018, 08:40 AM
If Williams commits, our starting 5 is Perkins Williams Norvell Tillie Hachimura.

Same concept as our lineup that took us to our final 4. First sub being Clarke instead of Collins is even similar.

I agree!

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 08:42 AM

I don't see how Clarke is not starting. Just don't see it. Maybe initially he needs some time to get into the groove of things and get some game run...but that's about it.

caldwellzag
05-01-2018, 08:47 AM
I don't see how Clarke is not starting. Just don't see it. Maybe initially he needs some time to get into the groove of things and get some game run...but that's about it.

If Williams commits, the only way I see Clarke staring is if Rui comes off the bench or Tillie. I think a 3 guard lineup is in the plans for next year.

strikenowhere
05-01-2018, 08:48 AM

Similar? Collins was a freshman playing behind a 5th-year senior in Karnowski and a RS-Junior transfer in Williams. The only similarity here is that Clarke is also a RS-Junior transfer. He's going to slot right into JWIII's spot. Additionally, Matthews was a grad transfer that already had 3 years of D-I experience under his belt from Cal. Williams has NO D-I experience.

strikenowhere
05-01-2018, 08:51 AM
If Williams commits, the only way I see Clarke staring is if Rui comes off the bench or Tillie. I think a 3 guard lineup is in the plans for next year.

Hachimura is the mythical SF that this team has been search for for years...next year he'll be ripe enough to start.

Perkins
Norvell
Hachimura
Clarke
Tillie

Williams in for Perkins/Norvell
Kispert in for Norvell/Hachimura
Petrusev in for Clarke/Tillie

Ayayi/Wade/Larsen spot minutes

Bam.

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 08:53 AM

Here's where I am puzzled: Tillie doesn't have strong hands, isn't incredibly strong or muscular, has some motor issues, and while he blocks shots...man-up post blocks are not his forte. If that is the person you have playing the 5, with Few now running some type of dribble-drive motion, then it makes more sense to have someone that is more fluid, more athletic, a better ball handler, and probably just as strong and physical. Clarke can't spread the floor as a shooter like Tillie can, but he provides mismatch's on the wing as big man.

ZagMan in Philly
05-01-2018, 08:55 AM
:cheers: I Love positive thoughts.

The starting 5 and minutes laid out by the article are right on the money.

Your all caps does not make you right.

Also, with all these posts predicting him to not pick us, Iíd like to reiterate my position that Iíve had all along.

He will pick us. Heís very thorough and deliberate, and after comparing all of the programs, he will pick Gonzaga. Just like I said before he scheduled a visit. Just like I said before he moved up his visit.

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 08:55 AM

Regardless of what we think, we also have to remember that it's about matchup's and efficiency. I really do hope that no one gets butt-hurt about whether or not they start, and are more focused on their advanced metrics. That's going to play a big part in how scouts view them.

caldwellzag
05-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Here's where I am puzzled: Tillie doesn't have strong hands, isn't incredibly strong or muscular, has some motor issues, and while he blocks shots...man-up post blocks are not his forte. If that is the person you have playing the 5, with Few now running some type of dribble-drive motion, then it makes more sense to have someone that is more fluid, more athletic, a better ball handler, and probably just as strong and physical. Clarke can't spread the floor as a shooter like Tillie can, but he provides mismatch's on the wing as big man.

I do not disagree with you on that and if Williams signs this is a great problem to have. To me Clarke is our 6th man (best 6th man in the country) if Williams signs, but will play 20-25 minutes a game and average double figures still.

caldwellzag
05-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Regardless of what we think, we also have to remember that it's about matchup's and efficiency. I really do hope that no one gets butt-hurt about whether or not they start, and are more focused on their advanced metrics. That's going to play a big part in how scouts view them.

Great point. And no matter what any of us think, there is only a few choosen people who will have any say in the starting line up and they are all paid by Gonzaga!

TravelinZag
05-01-2018, 09:09 AM
As Williams announcement nears: we all hope he becomes a Zag; and whatever happens, it is clear that the coaches and players went all out to show him the culture in which he would be playing, and the support he will receive. That culture differentiates GU from nearly everyone else.

If Brandon goes elsewhere, I am satisfied that everything that could have been done was done. And I wish him well wherever he plays, but hope he narrows his list to Jesuit universities in Spokane.

Go Zags!

Zagceo
05-01-2018, 09:14 AM
Ball is life game gonna be played at Cerritos College in Norwalk..Southern Cal..doors open at 2 game at 4:15..will be streamed

Brandon to announce before tipoff

thinking about going just to see Mac McClung (http://www.ballislifeallamerican.com/roster/mac-mcclung-6-2-point-guard/) in the dunk contest

http://www.ballislifeallamerican.com/ticket-info-location/

CDC84
05-01-2018, 09:30 AM
I feel the starting lineup, if BW commits, will be:

Brandon Williams - PG
Josh Perkins - SG (really, a combo guard)
Zach Norvell - SF
Rui Hachimura - PF
Brandon Clarke - C

Don't worry, Rui will get plenty of time at small forward. I see Clarke starting ahead of Tillie because Killian lacks consistency, but I wouldn't be shocked if Few starts Killian ahead of Clarke due to the "seniority in the program" thing.

But there is zero question in my mind that Brandon and Perkins will start alongside each other. Few wants a return to the NWG/Perkins days. Norvell was such a force towards the end of last season that I just cannot see him not starting. Also, I expect him to be next year's team leader. He is just dying to assume leadership over this team, but he wasn't able to last season because it's almost impossible for freshmen to be team leaders unless their name is Carmelo. Rui has to play somewhere, so he starts off as a stretch four who'll play at the 3 during various parts of the game.....depending on the matchups.

I wouldn't even be shocked if Few changes the starting lineup around depending on the opponent. If Brandon commits, next year's team is just going to have so much talent and versatility. Possibly up to six NBA guys with one certain lottery pick in Rui.

sittingon50
05-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Uh, Clarke starts, regardless.

hooter73
05-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Until Tillie shows consistency at the level he can play at, I see no reason to start him imo. But then again, Im no D1 coach.

I honestly need to watch some more tape on Brandon Williams.

cggonzaga
05-01-2018, 10:26 AM
I donít believe Tillie or Rui came back for another season to come off the bench. Theyíll start imo but all 3 will get major minutes. It also gives a coach the luxury of going with the hot hands. While I agree with Zachís lineup it really doesnít matter who starts because this team will be very deep and balanced.

Those that canít fathom Clarke not starting, Iím not sure what to tell you. Heís being hyped as an All American type player but I donít believe heís better than Tillie or Rui. If he turns out to be then great. Need to see him in our system before anointing him our best big.

DZ
05-01-2018, 11:09 AM
Given that the thread is about Brandon, and he has not even yet committed (please, B. do the right thing for yourself, be a Zag), it seems silly to widen this out to "who will start" - not the least bc none of us have any idea.

To those who know and have watched Williams play, how is his defense?

With a deeper bench, I'd like Few to be able to get more creative with double teams of the like we saw at SMC, and possibly trap more, but I know nothing about how big/fast/physical Williams is on defense.

ZagNative
05-01-2018, 11:19 AM
KREM 2 video about Gonzaga recruiting (https://www.krem.com/article/sports/williams-recruitment-shows-zags-growth/293-547502195http://), including the focus on Brandon Williams.

strikenowhere
05-01-2018, 11:25 AM
I don’t believe Tillie or Rui came back for another season to come off the bench. They’ll start imo but all 3 will get major minutes. It also gives a coach the luxury of going with the hot hands. While I agree with Zach’s lineup it really doesn’t matter who starts because this team will be very deep and balanced.

Those that can’t fathom Clarke not starting, I’m not sure what to tell you. He’s being hyped as an All American type player but I don’t believe he’s better than Tillie or Rui. If he turns out to be then great. Need to see him in our system before anointing him our best big.

Its simple - Rui's natural position is a 3

sittingon50
05-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Given that the thread is about Brandon, and he has not even yet committed (please, B. do the right thing for yourself, be a Zag), it seems silly to widen this out to "who will start" - not the least bc none of us have any idea.

Thanks Dix. My apologies for going off-topic on this particular thread.

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 11:45 AM

To those who know and have watched Williams play, how is his defense?

With a deeper bench, I'd like Few to be able to get more creative with double teams of the like we saw at SMC, and possibly trap more, but I know nothing about how big/fast/physical Williams is on defense.

Defense is adequate. Plays well with others (i.e. traps, etc.), and has the athleticism to play man-up. Good hands.

As far as the rest, were you wearing a "Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn!" shirt when you typed this?

MDABE80
05-01-2018, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=cggonzaga;1386996]I don’t believe Tillie or Rui came back for another season to come off the bench. They’ll start imo but all 3 will get major minutes. It also gives a coach the luxury of going with the hot hands. While I agree with Zach’s lineup it really doesn’t matter who starts because this team will be very deep and balanced.

Those that can’t fathom Clarke not starting, I’m not sure what to tell you. He’s being hyped as an All American type player but I don’t believe he’s better than Tillie or Rui. If he turns out to be then great. Need to see him in our system before anointing him our best big.[/QUOTE.

This is correct! You don't sit a kid like Clarke! Nobody would! Clark. Filip, Rui and Tillie all will see lots of time. To many here "starting" means better than the next guy. It doesn't.

Back to the Brandon saga. What's to be said has already been said. 3 days we know. Huge thread with repeatable offenses.

Bouldin4Prez
05-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Its simple - Rui's natural position is a 3

It's really not though. He hasn't shown the range or play making ability to be a 3 yet. Most of his offense either comes off of straight line drives or post ups. Can he be an effective 3? Of course, but he has things to work on. He's a small ball 4 right now and he's awesome at it.

JPtheBeasta
05-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Few considered Zach Collins a ďstarterĒ and got a lot of use. Clarke will get plenty of minutes and it wonít matter who starts.

MontanaCoyote
05-01-2018, 12:22 PM
As Williams announcement nears: we all hope he becomes a Zag; and whatever happens, it is clear that the coaches and players went all out to show him the culture in which he would be playing, and the support he will receive. That culture differentiates GU from nearly everyone else.

If Brandon goes elsewhere, I am satisfied that everything that could have been done was done. And I wish him well wherever he plays, but hope he narrows his list to Jesuit universities in Spokane.

Go Zags!

I agree. Convinced ďweĒ gave it our best shot. When you donít cheat, thatís all and the best you can do....
And the way it should be.

MontanaCoyote
05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
[QUOTE=cggonzaga;1386996]I don’t believe Tillie or Rui came back for another season to come off the bench. They’ll start imo but all 3 will get major minutes. It also gives a coach the luxury of going with the hot hands. While I agree with Zach’s lineup it really doesn’t matter who starts because this team will be very deep and balanced.

Those that can’t fathom Clarke not starting, I’m not sure what to tell you. He’s being hyped as an All American type player but I don’t believe he’s better than Tillie or Rui. If he turns out to be then great. Need to see him in our system before anointing him our best big.[/QUOTE. This is correct! You don't sit a kid like Clarke! Nobody would! Clark. Filip, Rui and Tillie all will see lots of time. To many here "starting" means better than the next guy. It doesn't.

Last 2 sentences are key. When blessed with what almost amounts to two starting fives, I wish we could come up with a new term to describe what we have. “The Regular’s”. Our “Regular 8” ? Not starting when we’re as loaded as we are means nothing and as such sure shouldn’t imply “better than.” Coming up with just the right term, that’s he ticket.

Corky
05-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Seemed to me last season when Rui was at the three the team really did better.

former1dog
05-01-2018, 02:59 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/romeo-langfords-father-says-kansas-wasnt-an-option-due-to-its-ties-to-the-fbi-investigation/

Of interest-
Langford passed on Kansas because of FBI investigation.

CDC84
05-01-2018, 03:10 PM
I really believe that Indiana basketball is going to come back to life under Archie Miller. He's without a doubt the best coach they have had since Knight.

Hogan
05-01-2018, 03:23 PM
I want Brandon to be a Zag as much as anyone, but aren't we over-hyping this kid just a bit. He is the 37th rated recruit. Really high, especially for us. But kind of a run of the mill, sure glad we got him but not head-liner of the class for the Arizona's, UCLA's, Duke's, and North Carolina's of the world. In most years he would be looking at back-up minutes on all of these teams. We have legitimate final four aspirations, and yet we are ready to award him the keys to the kingdom, ie running the team from the get go. Boy, i don't know.

Zagcity
05-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Uh, Clarke starts, regardless.

Yuppers

raise the zag
05-01-2018, 03:33 PM
I want Brandon to be a Zag as much as anyone, but aren't we over-hyping this kid just a bit. He is the 37th rated recruit. Really high, especially for us. But kind of a run of the mill, sure glad we got him but not head-liner of the class for the Arizona's, UCLA's, Duke's, and North Carolina's of the world. In most years he would be looking at back-up minutes on all of these teams. We have legitimate final four aspirations, and yet we are ready to award him the keys to the kingdom, ie running the team from the get go. Boy, i don't know.

actually, a very good point. For instance, Josh Perkins was the 56th overall in the country when he committed. Zach Collins Top-25, Daye too, Norvell Top-80, Petrusev Top-75, Grey, all 4* guys, this list goes on....

I do think we are over-hyping him a bit as well, but doubt we are guaranteeing him as a STARTER as Arizona did. Not our style. He has to earn it. Just like everyone else.

FWIW, most pundits believe Brandon Williams would be rated/ranked even higher if he didn't miss his entire Junior season due to knee injury.

Then again, some say he was better as a Sophomore than Senior. Even quicker. As he put on weight/muscle, and rehabbed his knee.

Have you watched tape on him? Pretty special. He has an extra gear with the ball we simply don't have on our roster, much quicker change of a direction, more elusive than either Norvell or Perkins, although not nearly as in control...yet.

Reborn
05-01-2018, 03:44 PM
I'm having a bad feeling about Brandon Williams today. I don't see him choosing Gonzaga. I don't really care where he goes, but as I follow these posts on this thread, I see a lot of wishful thinking. In the end I think he will want to play in the PAC 12. I has been quite boring lately, so I think his recruiting has certainly been something for us fans to talk about. And imo, the Zags do NOT need him to make another run to the Final Four and possibly win a national title. The problem to me with signing a guy like him is he's gonna want so many shots, and he could possibly want to be an immediate star. It doesn't look to me like he's ready to wait on the stardom and play more of a back-up role next season. If he's wanting to be a one and done, I hope he doesn't play for the Zags. We've got great players next season with lots of experience. Rui, Tillie, Clark, Petrusev, Kispert, Norvell, Josh Perkins. And we will have Jesse Wade, Ayayi, and Greg Foster to play a backup role at the guard. I have not seen one word written about Corey Kispert, accept the can't play D. Sorry, but I really like Corey. One: He's from our state. He's from a small school. And HE IS DARN GOOD. He can shoot the lights out of a gym....with ease. We need his 3 point shooting. Kispert does so many good things. He's a high level rebounder for a 3. He can attack the basket with plenty of success. His defense is adequate to me. I also want to see what Ayayi can do. He was and is a big time recruit that we have not seen play yet. We must remember that Silas Melson was one of the better defensive players Gonzaga has ever had. We MUST truly consider who we are going to make up for his loss? Would it be Ayayi? Of Foster? Gonzaga has plenty of offense and adding one more may be too many. Maybe Jesse can find his game during the off season. And Greg Foster is 6'6" and likes to play defense, and he's a pass first guy. All qualities for a back-up.

The other thing about Foster is that he didn't choose the Zags last time around.

former1dog
05-01-2018, 03:53 PM
I'm having a bad feeling about Brandon Williams today. I don't see him choosing Gonzaga. I don't really care where he goes, but as I follow these posts on this thread, I see a lot of wishful thinking. In the end I think he will want to play in the PAC 12. I has been quite boring lately, so I think his recruiting has certainly been something for us fans to talk about. And imo, the Zags do NOT need him to make another run to the Final Four and possibly win a national title. The problem to me with signing a guy like him is he's gonna want so many shots, and he could possibly want to be an immediate star. It doesn't look to me like he's ready to wait on the stardom and play more of a back-up role next season. If he's wanting to be a one and done, I hope he doesn't play for the Zags. We've got great players next season with lots of experience. Rui, Tillie, Clark, Petrosev, Kispert, Norvelle, Josh Perkins. And we will have Jesse Wade, Ayayi, and Greg Foster to play a backup role at the guard. I have not seen one word written about Corey Kispert, accept the can't play D. Sorry, but I really like Corey. One: He's from our state. He's from a small school. And HE IS DARN GOOD. He can shoot the lights out of a gym....with ease. We need his 3 point shooting. Kispert does so many good things. He's a high level rebounder for a 3. He can attack the basket with plenty of success. His defense is adequate for me. I also want to see what Ayayi can do. He was and is a big time recruit that we have not seen play yet. Maybe Jesse can find his game during the off season. And Greg Foster is 6'6" and likes to play defense, and he's a pass first guy. All qualities for a back-up.

The other thing about Foster is that he didn't choose the Zags last time around.

Reborn, I know you have faith in Mark Few’s judgement. I think we can all trust our coach to manage this situation and insure that team cohesion is not harmed by ANY player.

Reborn
05-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Reborn, I know you have faith in Mark Few’s judgement. I think we can all trust our coach to manage this situation and insure that team cohesion is not harmed by ANY player.

I agree 100%. Few will always give it 100%. He's a 100%, give it all you got, kind of guy. Losing someone like BW would have nothing to do with Mark. You can tell by all of the posts we've red that he and the other coaches and team did all they could. IMO this has nothing to do with Gonzaga. If he does not verbal to Gonzaga it's about Williams to play in the PAC 12. imo And when BW looks at the Gonzaga team he will face next season, he has to see a lot of great players, like Rui and Norvell and Josh.
And even Kispert IMO. I can not see him (BW) being a star on this team next year. Give him a year as a backup guard....at least to begin the season. We've got a big tourney in Maui, and I'm not BW would be ready for it.

Go Zags!!!

Go Zags!!!

MDABE80
05-01-2018, 04:55 PM
It's beginning to would like the four stages of grief around here. Or it will be soon if the kid doesn't come. We'll know in a few days. Till then, is there anymore to be said?
Keep in mind we are top 5 and a no 1 seed in the west..without Brandon. Even if he scoots somewhere else, we still have a spectacular season coming up. NO throwing yourselves off
Bridges!!��

cggonzaga
05-01-2018, 05:02 PM

I don’t think he’s being overhyped at all. Imo he brings 2 key ingredients to this team. 1) he’s a playmaker and can get to the rim at will. Norvell is really the only other that can do this. This is crucial when the shot clock is winding down and somebody needs to make a play. 2) he relieves josh of full time ball handling duties. It gives us an additional ball handler and allows Josh some more freedom to find his shot.

He’s not a must have but he certainly brings a lot to this team and I think makes us serious national championship contenders.

DZ
05-01-2018, 05:11 PM
I don’t think he’s being overhyped at all. Imo he brings 2 key ingredients to this team. 1) he’s a playmaker and can get to the rim at will. Norvell is really the only other that can do this. This is crucial when the shot clock is winding down and somebody needs to make a play. 2) he relieves josh of full time ball handling duties. It gives us an additional ball handler and allows Josh some more freedom to find his shot.

He’s not a must have but he certainly brings a lot to this team and I think makes us serious national championship contenders.

Great post.

Biggest asset that I think he brings is freeing up Josh to hit 45-50% of his 3s as we know he is capable of when he is allowed to play sg and has legs, and a healthy shoulder.

Mantua
05-01-2018, 05:15 PM
It's beginning to would like the four stages of grief around here. Or it will be soon if the kid doesn't come. We'll know in a few days. Till then, is there anymore to be said?
Keep in mind we are top 5 and a no 1 seed in the west..without Brandon. Even if he scoots somewhere else, we still have a spectacular season coming up. NO throwing yourselves off
Bridges!!��

You’re moving on to “grief” just when I was going to stop reading this thread due to “angst”?

JPtheBeasta
05-01-2018, 05:19 PM
When does bargaining happen?

Bogozags
05-01-2018, 05:28 PM
I've watched BW's play in videos and he has a unique ability that no one else on this team has demonstrated BUT he is a freshman and we have only had a couple of freshman that could just step in and fill a required roll without playing one minute of Bball at the D1 level. Coach likes to run 3-guard offences so "IF" he choses GU he will get lots of playing time. Not only will he have to learn a complex offence but he will also have to adjust to the speed/quickness of the players against whom he must defend. The learning curve is set pretty darn high and from what I have read and seen about him, he has the tools to excel and time will tell!

IMO I just don't see him coming here...I believe he is a "P12 Man" and will either end up a Duck or Cat...we will know in four days which way he decides to go...I hope it is GU...

(Some on here have criticized Kispert but before his injury he was extremely aggressive in getting to the rim, he is a good rebounder and knows how to pass AND his defence has improved immensely from the beginning of the season.)

MDABE80
05-01-2018, 06:03 PM

Lol NP. It's between 3 and 4. Some say there are 7 stages . In that description. Bargaining comes
At 5��

cggonzaga
05-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Great post.

Biggest asset that I think he brings is freeing up Josh to hit 45-50% of his 3s as we know he is capable of when he is allowed to play sg and has legs, and a healthy shoulder.

Great point.

He actually reminds me of a better version of Jeremy Pargo and Jeremy had a great career here.

Coach Crazy
05-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Great point.

He actually reminds me of a better version of Jeremy Pargo and Jeremy had a great career here.

I think they are a bit different. Pargo's game was solid on the dribble drive penetration, and he smashed the rack when he had the chance to take off. If you could combine the two, it would be the perfect point guard.

Zag_Dad
05-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Unlike some .... I just have a good gut feeling he’s gonna pick Gonzaga. No reason other than it just makes sense. Hope I’m right.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2018, 07:07 PM

That was my point about Zachs "article", too much infatuation with the "we need Brandon Williams" over and over and over. He's great, we get it, but the team was and is great with or without him.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2018, 07:14 PM
I donít think heís being overhyped at all. Imo he brings 2 key ingredients to this team. 1) heís a playmaker and can get to the rim at will. Norvell is really the only other that can do this. This is crucial when the shot clock is winding down and somebody needs to make a play. 2) he relieves josh of full time ball handling duties. It gives us an additional ball handler and allows Josh some more freedom to find his shot.

Heís not a must have but he certainly brings a lot to this team and I think makes us serious national championship contenders.

This is literally the definition of overhyping him:

Gonzaga needs Brandon Williams.

Say it with me. Gonzaga. needs. Brandon. Williams.

Say it out loud if you have to. Gonzaga. needs. Brandon. Williams.

Say it one more time if you have to.

Again, he's great and I would love for him to be on our team but he's a 4* pg that shot 30% from 3 this year, he's not the second coming. Reading that opening paragraph was cringe worthy.

Oh, and we're already "serious" national championship contenders without him. We're starting to jump the shark with this kid.

cggonzaga
05-01-2018, 07:30 PM
This is literally the definition of overhyping him:

Gonzaga needs Brandon Williams.

Say it with me. Gonzaga. needs. Brandon. Williams.

Say it out loud if you have to. Gonzaga. needs. Brandon. Williams.

Say it one more time if you have to.

Again, he's great and I would love for him to be on our team but he's a 4* pg that shot 30% from 3 this year, he's not the second coming. Reading that opening paragraph was cringe worthy.

Oh, and we're already "serious" national championship contenders without him. We're starting to jump the shark with this kid.

Disagree with your assessment and I wasn’t referring to the article. This team is guard lite as it stands. We need to add at least one more.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Disagree with your assessment and I wasn’t referring to the article. This team is guard lite as it stands. We need to add at least one more.

I didn't really make an assessment. I simply said that this kid isn't the messiah that you and others are making him out to be. Don't get me wrong, he's good, really good, but so is the team, with or without him.

BroncoZAG615
05-01-2018, 07:58 PM
That was my point about Zachs "article", too much infatuation with the "we need Brandon Williams" over and over and over. He's great, we get it, but the team was and is great with or without him.

Hey there, yep it was a dramatic start and apologies for making you cringe although I do enjoy listening to Bruno Mars w/ my 3 year old so I may be the teeny-bopper you referenced earlier - or whatever insult you lobbed out there.

It may be my poor writing as you've pointed out a couple times but, the crux of my piece (or what I was trying to express) is that Brandon Williams does not represent the cherry on top for this Gonzaga basketball team next year. I think as I put it, he's not a "nice to have" as I think this program desperately needs a backcourt playmaker. The common thought around college basketball is that he would have fewer minutes and less impact at Gonzaga than Oregon or Arizona because we are loaded. We've got talent, no doubt, but I believe Williams would have a massive impact next year for Gonzaga as he brings skills to the table in areas that Perkins and Norvell lack in.

You may have quit reading the "article" after my overly dramatic intro but, as to why I believe we 'need' Williams, I happily stand by what I wrote at the end:

"Gonzaga will go on if Brandon Williams goes elsewhere. The Zags will likely be in the top 10 and steamroll the WCC and be a top seed in the tournament. But, what our recent Final 4 run taught is that getting to one of those things is really, really damn hard and that special things need to align in order to make it happen.

For next year's Gonzaga Bulldogs, I'll say that a Williams' commitment puts them in a place where the Final 4 becomes a "should" conversation rather than a "could" conversation."

Longest of stories short: I believe we need Williams because I want this program to cut down the nets in Minneapolis and having Brandon Williams likely makes that a hell of a lot more likely.

LongIslandZagFan
05-01-2018, 08:01 PM
I didn't really make an assessment. I simply said that this kid isn't the messiah that you and others are making him out to be. Don't get me wrong, he's good, really good, but so is the team, with or without him.

I'll stick with what the staff is reported to have said to him... roughly.... "We think we currently have the talent to get to the final four... with you we have a shot at a NC". No... he isn't the next coming... but adding his talent to an already talented team could be the key to it all.

Worthington
05-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Brandon Williams and family have a two year college plan before making the leap to the NBA and I don't think that's an unrealistic goal at all. He's that talented in my opinion.

How much he's ready to contribute to a final four run as a freshman is an entirely different question though. No doubt he would play important minutes, but pencilling him in to the starting line-up beside Perkins like he's Williams-Goss might be getting ahead of ourselves. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he starts though, and he definitely brings a much needed skill-set to the team with his ability to get to the rim.

TimberZag
05-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Longest of stories short: I believe we need Williams because I want this program to cut down the nets in Minneapolis and having Brandon Williams likely makes that a hell of a lot more likely.

I liked your article, and no opinion is wrong. We all have our own opinions. Donít feel like you should ever have to defend yours. Hoping Saturday is a yes to GU! :)

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2018, 08:26 PM
I'll stick with what the staff is reported to have said to him... roughly.... "We think we currently have the talent to get to the final four... with you we have a shot at a NC". No... he isn't the next coming... but adding his talent to an already talented team could be the key to it all.

He's a top 40 recruit, what would you expect them to say, "We're great with or without you, take it or leave it"? They're trying to sell him on playing for GU, I would expect a great staff to say just that. But as others have pointed out, he's very good, but when people are literally writing "we need Brandon Williams" over and over as if he's RJ Barrett, we've now jumped the proverbial shark. As I've stated many times, I really, really, really want him to join the Zags, but if he doesn't we will still be a top 5 team.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Hey there, yep it was a dramatic start and apologies for making you cringe although I do enjoy listening to Bruno Mars w/ my 3 year old so I may be the teeny-bopper you referenced earlier - or whatever insult you lobbed out there.

It may be my poor writing as you've pointed out a couple times but, the crux of my piece (or what I was trying to express) is that Brandon Williams does not represent the cherry on top for this Gonzaga basketball team next year. I think as I put it, he's not a "nice to have" as I think this program desperately needs a backcourt playmaker. The common thought around college basketball is that he would have fewer minutes and less impact at Gonzaga than Oregon or Arizona because we are loaded. We've got talent, no doubt, but I believe Williams would have a massive impact next year for Gonzaga as he brings skills to the table in areas that Perkins and Norvell lack in.

You may have quit reading the "article" after my overly dramatic intro but, as to why I believe we 'need' Williams, I happily stand by what I wrote at the end:

I just think you were a little over the top in your fawning of him, but hey, anyone who reads my over reactionary tripe here on a daily basis knows that "over the top" poster is my unofficial username. :)

Bottom line, we both really want him to be a Zag.

WallaWallaZag
05-01-2018, 09:23 PM
How much he's ready to contribute to a final four run as a freshman is an entirely different question though. No doubt he would play important minutes, but penciling him in to the starting line-up beside Perkins like he's Williams-Goss might be getting ahead of ourselves. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he starts though, and he definitely brings a much needed skill-set to the team with his ability to get to the rim.

no one should be expecting anything close to similar production for brandon williams...nwg came in as a redshirt junior with a year in the system under his belt...and i believe nwg was a slightly higher ranked prospect to begin with.

but even if brandon williams isn't all that he's hyped up to be...all he really needs to do to make a big difference is provide effective backup minutes to perkins, something that was sorely lacking this past season.

Zags11
05-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Im so lost. I saw on twitter he picked zags. So i came here and nada?

That tweet has beeb deleted. Sigh

kdaleb
05-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Im so lost. I saw on twitter he picked zags. So i came here and nada?

That tweet has beeb deleted. Sigh

He didn't commit anywhere yet. Decision date May 5.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/4/30/17301200/brandon-williams-has-not-committed-to-gonzaga-arizona-oregon-college-basketball-recruiting-2018

Zagceo
05-01-2018, 09:41 PM
I get a feeling Brandon has a chip on his shoulder. Feels he should have been named a burger boy....was injured his Junior year...the team he picked to play for was involved in Federal investigation...he wants to prove himself...I say he steps up and goes against group think and picks Gonzaga.

The joy of the camaraderie witnessed by Brandon in Spokane will win the day.

TimberZag
05-01-2018, 11:12 PM
So off topic (a little) there’s been so much talk about the “facilities” at OR, etc. I haven’t been on the Gonzaga campus in a very long time. How do the housing arrangements we have to offer compare to those at other schools for student athletes? Just curious as to what BWill saw at OR a couple weeks ago to what he was shown at GU this past weekend. Anyone know?

Zags11
05-01-2018, 11:30 PM
He didn't commit anywhere yet. Decision date May 5.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/4/30/17301200/brandon-williams-has-not-committed-to-gonzaga-arizona-oregon-college-basketball-recruiting-2018

Ok thx. Idk why someone posted it and then deleted it.

Coach Crazy
05-02-2018, 04:08 AM

Because people want to be the first of part of the wave on social media that gets publicity. None of them had special insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotoriousZ
05-02-2018, 05:58 AM

Arizona had their shot.

Reborn
05-02-2018, 06:19 AM
[QUOTE=BroncoZAG615;1387062] The common thought around college basketball is that he would have fewer minutes and less impact at Gonzaga than Oregon or Arizona because we are loaded. We've got talent, no doubt, but I believe Williams would have a massive impact next year for Gonzaga as he brings skills to the table in areas that Perkins and Norvell lack in.

I am thinking that this is one of the reasons he won't choose Gonzaga.

For what it's worth, I loved how Josh and Norvell played together last year. I Prefer this guard tandum myself, and if Williams is willing to be a back-up point guard, than that's great. I felt Josh improved a lot at the point last year, and was one of the best in the country by the end of the year. And this year, more than last year, we DON'T need Josh to be a big scorer. Also, You can not tell me that there were no Zag guards (including the 3 spot) who couldn't attack the rim last year. hahaha That's funny. Norvell did that with ease and made absolutely beautiful shots. Kispert also attacked the rim more and more as the season went on.

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2018, 06:23 AM

Truthfully, BW worded is tweet a bit oddly. it was a picture of him that said, "I gotta get me one of these" and so many people took that to mean a Zags uni, since he was wearing one in the picture that they tweeted out that he committed because everyone wants to be first with breaking news, but BW was also standing in front of our FF trophy, so that's possibly what he meant. Honest mistake all around.

caldwellzag
05-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Truthfully, BW worded is tweet a bit oddly. it was a picture of him that said, "I gotta get me one of these" and so many people took that to mean a Zags uni, since he was wearing one in the picture that they tweeted out that he committed because everyone wants to be first with breaking news, but BW was also standing in front of our FF trophy, so that's possibly what he meant. Honest mistake all around.

I agree. When I saw it I thought he was talking about the FF trophy, not the uniform. I assumed he meant a FF trophy with the Zags. Honestly the biggest thing we bring to the table for next year is a the chance at a FF and NC, the other programs will have a hard sell saying they are that caliber.

77Zag
05-02-2018, 07:12 AM
This thread reminds me of the anticipation of the once famous, BOL KONG! Like Waiting for Godot...

I'm sure BW will make the best choice for his long term goals. His family will be a big part of the decision. We are all in the wanting mode, and I for one, see this as his best option.

We will await the decision and still Waiting for Godot!

Go Zags!!

cggonzaga
05-02-2018, 07:14 AM

I never thought he meant anything else except the trophy. Not to be a jerk but not sure how others read it to be the jersey?

Zagger
05-02-2018, 07:26 AM
Is it Saturday yet?

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2018, 07:27 AM
I never thought he meant anything else except the trophy. Not to be a jerk but not sure how others read it to be the jersey?

That's not jerky at all, that's a totally fair question. I thought the exact opposite, I saw him in the Zags uni, front and center in the pic and read "I gotta get me one of those" and was 100% sure he was talking about a uniform. Two people read the same thing and got two completely different takeaways from it. hence the confusion. lol

willandi
05-02-2018, 09:28 AM
That's not jerky at all, that's a totally fair question. I thought the exact opposite, I saw him in the Zags uni, front and center in the pic and read "I gotta get me one of those" and was 100% sure he was talking about a uniform. Two people read the same thing and got two completely different takeaways from it. hence the confusion. lol

I thought he was talking about FF and NC, not the Uni (heck, he could just buy one of those) and extrapolated that his best chance is with the Zags.

sittingon50
05-02-2018, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=77Zag;1387096] the once famous, BOL KONG! QUOTE]

You mean he's not anymore?

zagfan1
05-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Even though Arizona is getting some top recruits this year, it is still a question if they can fill the shoes of Ayton and Trier. They will make the tournament. However, not sure how far they will go. Oregon is still a question mark in terms of going to the tournament this coming year. They weren’t that great last year. Gonzaga will give Williams important minutes along with a legit FF chance this coming year. It’s a no brainer and that is why he was blown away to understand how he fits into Gonzaga’s plans.

Zagsker
05-02-2018, 11:17 AM

Yup

ZAG 4 LIFE
05-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Even though Arizona is getting some top recruits this year, it is still a question if they can fill the shoes of Ayton and Trier. They will make the tournament. However, not sure how far they will go. Oregon is still a question mark in terms of going to the tournament this coming year. They weren’t that great last year. Gonzaga will give Williams important minutes along with a legit FF chance this coming year. It’s a no brainer and that is why he was blown away to understand how he fits into Gonzaga’s plans.

And... the FBI is not done yet either

Zags11
05-02-2018, 11:36 AM
I didnt see a tweet with him in a uni or trophy. It was a tweet that said "mark few has shown time and time again how good of a school gonzaga is. They just got Brandon Williams."

i came over here and nada. I went back and it said tweet deleted.

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2018, 11:55 AM
I didnt see a tweet with him in a uni or trophy. It was a tweet that said "mark few has shown time and time again how good of a school gonzaga is. They just got Brandon Williams."

i came over here and nada. I went back and it said tweet deleted.

Post 163 in this thread; picture and tweet

Zags11
05-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Post 163 in this thread; picture and tweet

Got ya. My first reply in here was because of a tweet i saw that was just a tweet.

seacatfan
05-02-2018, 12:12 PM

I don't think it's a given Arizona will make the Tourney. I think they've missed twice since Miller has been there. They simply aren't going to replace Ayton, he was one of a kind. Don't forget Ristic. That was absolutely one of the best 1-2 post combos in the country.

On the subject of Trier...many Arizona fans were really frustrated with him and are not sorry to see him go. Plenty of scoring that needs to be replaced, but many thought he was a ball hog and chemistry killer as well as a poor defender. I was never quite sure if it was really that bad, but anyway he's moved on. Alkins was really up and down last year too.

Arizona will be much less talented next year, but hopefully they will have a sense of urgency and be willing to play hard at all times. That was sorely lacking most of this past season.

maynard g krebs
05-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Oregon is still a question mark in terms of going to the tournament this coming year. They weren’t that great last year.

Last year the Ducks had essentially lost all but one player to early entry, graduation, and transfer, and won 22 in a down year. This year they'll have dominant rim protection w/ Bol, Wooten, Norris, and that alone will make them formidable. I don't think them making the tourney is much of a question, barring injuries. But they'll probably be a work in progress offensively early in the season until they get some experience, and w/ the pac being down they are likely to be a middling seed (4-6?). If the probability of a deep tourney run is a priority for him, playing w/ the Zags' vets is clearly his best shot, but I don't think there's much chance the Ducks don't make the tourney. My best guess is sweet 16.

krozman
05-02-2018, 01:39 PM
Last year the Ducks had essentially lost all but one player to early entry, graduation, and transfer, and won 22 in a down year. .

Yes but you see the rest of the PAC12 was polite enough to all take their down year together. It's truly the friendliest conference.:roll:

DZ
05-02-2018, 03:00 PM
I don't mean to derail the thread, but it sure looks like if the UW ever wanted to make a move toward the top, next year would be a great year to do so.

And, I believe we have them scheduled, so (please), Brandon, come here and help us beat them worse than we did last time. :)

Next year is our year to "win" the ACC - as we once did with the Big 12, if we can beat UNC and Duke (tall order, come on Brandon), we'd have a claim. Maybe beat UVA on our way to the National Championship - they're too well coached to lose early again, and we honestly could.

I want to beat UNC and Duke so badly.

Zagceo
05-02-2018, 04:58 PM
I don't mean to derail the thread, but it sure looks like if the UW ever wanted to make a move toward the top, next year would be a great year to do so.

And, I believe we have them scheduled, so (please), Brandon, come here and help us beat them worse than we did last time. :)

Next year is our year to "win" the ACC - as we once did with the Big 12, if we can beat UNC and Duke (tall order, come on Brandon), we'd have a claim. Maybe beat UVA on our way to the National Championship - they're too well coached to lose early again, and we honestly could.

I want to beat UNC and Duke so badly.

at what point does begging = tampering :D

soccerdud
05-02-2018, 05:01 PM
at what point does begging = tampering :D

that was neither. as a wish offered up to the ether, i'd describe that as "praying".

GLJake
05-02-2018, 05:59 PM
FWIW, Oregon's Dana Altman Offered 4star 2019 PG Jahmius Ramsey tonight...as to what this implies, if anything, is open to speculation... interesting timing.

MDABE80
05-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Good sign for obvious reasons Jake!

Zagdawg
05-03-2018, 05:39 AM
Listed as a SG here

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/230354/jahmius-ramsey

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/jahmius-ramsey-204638?guccounter=1

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jahmius-ramsey

ZagsObserver
05-03-2018, 06:07 AM
It’s not meaningful. Bwil is only going to be around 1-2 years.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 06:12 AM
It’s not meaningful. Bwil is only going to be around 1-2 years.

NWG thought the same thing. Kids can say a lot of things but you never know what happens until you walk on campus. It is interesting that Oregon is going after this high major kid, considering they will have Pritchard for 2 more years, just signed Will Rich, signed Victor bailey last year. In other words, that's a really crowded back court.

Got this off of beardownwildcats from the major insider on that board when a poster asked for an update on BWill:

Brother I honestly dont have one at the moment and neither does anybody else. The Williams circle has gone full on quiet.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Ignorant post of the day brought to you by Oregonducks6767 on educk:

Gonzaga pretty much doesn't play anyone all year... Get some halfway decent players and you can win most of your games. It's like Bosie State. Put Gonzaga up against competition of 80 to 90% of their games for the whole season and they won't be able to handle it.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/102735/Contents/Could-good-news-be-on-the-way-for-Oregon-hoops-117828392

Ikancagin
05-03-2018, 06:29 AM

Gonzaga pretty much doesn't play anyone all year... Get some halfway decent players and you can win most of your games. It's like Bosie State. Put Gonzaga up against competition of 80 to 90% of their games for the whole season and they won't be able to handle it.

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/102735/Contents/Could-good-news-be-on-the-way-for-Oregon-hoops-117828392

Then why won't Oregon play us? When is the last time?

Bouldin4Prez
05-03-2018, 06:35 AM
Then why won't Oregon play us? When is the last time?

Speaking of that, a home and home with Oregon would be fun. Seems weird that considering the proximity that there hasn't been anything in the works, especially since the Ducks have had a pretty consistent program in the Altman era.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Speaking of that, a home and home with Oregon would be fun. Seems weird that considering the proximity that there hasn't been anything in the works, especially since the Ducks have had a pretty consistent program in the Altman era.

And it's Fews alma mater. What's funny is that in cfb I'm a diehard Boise State fan, like the zags I travel all over the country to watch them play and we're 3-0 vs them in football including the Vegas Bowl butt whipping this past season, but that doesn't stop them from still talking smack.

cggonzaga
05-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Listed as a SG here

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/230354/jahmius-ramsey

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/jahmius-ramsey-204638?guccounter=1

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jahmius-ramsey

Agreed. Argument could be made against us already having earned a commitment from a 2019 pg in Ravet.

TexasZagFan
05-03-2018, 06:56 AM

The really stupid $hit must be limited to their "VIP members". :lmao:

Reborn
05-03-2018, 07:06 AM

I totally agree with you thespywhozagged me.

Coach Crazy
05-03-2018, 07:14 AM
I totally agree with you thespywhozagged me.

Can we have a special sticky where ignorant, ridiculous posts are made by those that find them, and then we have a weekly award for the worst takes? Find the worst player in recent GU memory that doesn't really have a connection to the program, and then name the award after them?

Zaga
05-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Can we have a special sticky where ignorant, ridiculous posts are made by those that find them, and then we have a weekly award for the worst takes? Find the worst player in recent GU memory that doesn't really have a connection to the program, and then name the award after them?

"The Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award"

Coach Crazy
05-03-2018, 07:39 AM

Absolutely Astute Alliteration, good sir.

Zagceo
05-03-2018, 07:58 AM

all that "higher" learning at work

1 question I would ask Mark Few...Do you root for Oregon Ducks like most Alums?

Coach Crazy
05-03-2018, 08:24 AM
all that "higher" learning at work

1 question I would ask Mark Few...Do you root for Oregon Ducks like most Alums?

I don't want to know that answer. I want to have as much respect for him, as humanly possible.

Zags_Fanatic
05-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Here's some more info on the recruitment from the Arizona angle:

http://playersprogramu.com/arizona-wildcats-basketball-recruiting/ppu-talked-with-brandon-williams-got-lots-of-info-for-wildcat-fans/msg10975/#msg10975

I suspect when he says that his parents are leaning one direction that he means Gonzaga, Brandon is doing a great job at keeping everyone guessing.

CDC84
05-03-2018, 08:38 AM

Sounds better than the Heisman trophy to me.

Zagdawg
05-03-2018, 08:48 AM
"I know this is late, but the one positive that Williams said about Gonzaga was that Mark Few was funny. Like funny in a way where he's not trying to be funny, but he was just naturally funny. He said everyone knows someone who's like that. Brandon Williams told me his official nickname according to him is BWILL. "

CDC84
05-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Well if Few gets Williams, it will help to be able to call him BWILL in practice because there is already another Brandon on the team.

raise the zag
05-03-2018, 09:00 AM
"I know this is late, but the one positive that Williams said about Gonzaga was that Mark Few was funny. Like funny in a way where he's not trying to be funny, but he was just naturally funny. He said everyone knows someone who's like that. Brandon Williams told me his official nickname according to him is BWILL. "

Jay Bilas consistently says, "if there is one coach I'd like to have a beer with, its Mark Few of Gonzaga."

So many have said, behind the scenes, he's incredibly witty, dry, and of course, genuine. While this occasionally comes across or sneaks itself into interviews, we mostly hear it from fellow Coaches in the business.

Several of the all-time HOF Coaches talk about how Mark is their 'best friend'. How trustworthy he is, tough love, natural, and is known to offer the best advice, and funny "burns" to others as well.

kitzbuel
05-03-2018, 09:22 AM

I am assuming he is comparing GU's competition to the competition that served the PAC12 so well in the NCAAs.

DZ
05-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Jay Bilas consistently says, "if there is one coach I'd like to have a beer with, its Mark Few of Gonzaga."

So many have said, behind the scenes, he's incredibly witty, dry, and of course, genuine. While this occasionally comes across or sneaks itself into interviews, we mostly hear it from fellow Coaches in the business.

Several of the all-time HOF Coaches talk about how Mark is their 'best friend'. How trustworthy he is, tough love, natural, and is known to offer the best advice, and funny "burns" to others as well.

Very nice post.

I knew something was "up" years ago, decades ago now, I guess, back in the mid 2000s, when we'd barely "sniffed" a Final Four, and yet the camera at the Final Four would pan to the crowd, and you would see Mark Few sitting with Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, Huggie, some of the "royalty" of college basketball coaching. Nowadays, that wouldn't make anyone bat an eye, the announcer would say something like "There's 4 future Hall of Fame coaches ...." But, this was 10-12 years ago, and - yes - we'd made some waves, but we were not "elite" in any way yet, still either "cute" or hated. That made me raise my eyebrows, told me that something "else" was going on, that Few was even more than just what we knew.

Funny, I never saw him sitting with a Pittino, or other "scandalous" type of guy. I know Huggie Bear has caused waves over the years, but the coaches that I respect all like him, and that tells me something.

If I had to pick one thing that made Mark Few "different" from all those guys is he seems to have the ability to leave basketball completely at the office, I'm not sure those guys can, and I bet they seek out a person like that.

Goshzagit
05-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Interesting that Brandon says his parents have a school they prefer and want him to attend, yet he plans on choosing his own school/team.

This tells me Arizona. I do believe his childhood dream-school will win in the end.

Honestly, I feel his ranking is:

Arizona (by a hair)
Gonzaga
then, Oregon.

His parents want GU, he is leaning Zona.

JMO.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Interesting that Brandon says his parents have a school they prefer and want him to attend, yet he plans on choosing his own school/team.

This tells me Arizona. I do believe his childhood dream-school will win in the end.

Arizona (by a hair)
Gonzaga
then, Oregon.

JMO.

Where are you seeing this?

HillZag
05-03-2018, 10:16 AM
in cfb I'm a diehard Boise State fan...

Noted.

Zagceo
05-03-2018, 10:24 AM
anyone have VIP duck membership? Maynard Duck VIP?

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Father-of-five-star-Brandon-Williams-previews-Saturday-commitment-117940409?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180503_115907_Oregon%20Ducks&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=CF-CC-CB-BF-80-08-4B-B9-98-26-12-D2-D6-DC-B7-49180503_115907OregonDucks

soccerdud
05-03-2018, 10:31 AM

I asked BWill about his twitter post of his top 3 schools. In that post he had background music with lyrics that Wildcat fans quickly picked apart. The lyrics said "that's my top 3 in the order" Williams said that Arizona just happened to be the first team that was shown and thought it was crazy how deep people were looking into it.

yep.

Zag_Dad
05-03-2018, 10:37 AM

Arizona (by a hair)
Gonzaga
then, Oregon.

JMO.

Also interesting that it appears he is not choosing Oregon ...

"I asked him about what he thought about the 247sports predictions (They're all picking Oregon) & he said that they're wrong & have no clue who he's going to pick. Williams said 247sports makes their predictions after they talk to the players & he said he doesn't talk to any of the 247 guys."

Like a lot of the hyper-analyzed statements from BWill, I am probably reading too much into his indication that "they're wrong" when the Crystal Ball projectors have him going to Oregon... it could very well mean that the percentages are wrong.

SanDiegoZag
05-03-2018, 10:42 AM

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Father-of-five-star-Brandon-Williams-previews-Saturday-commitment-117940409?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180503_115907_Oregon%20Ducks&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=CF-CC-CB-BF-80-08-4B-B9-98-26-12-D2-D6-DC-B7-49180503_115907OregonDucks

The article didn't give much away, but considering BWill's dad was talking to a Duck writer, he didn't paint a more positive picture for Oregon when compared to the other two schools. Also talked about wanting to feel good about what each school offers in 2019 too. BWill's dad mentioned that Brandon would need 2-3 years of school before the NBA draft, so that is different than what I have heard before of 1-2 years...so 2020 outlook may be a consideration too.

He did say that a decision would likely be made yesterday or today (not sure when the actual interview took place, but it sounds like before yesterday)...so that offer extended by Oregon for a 2019 guard may indeed be a reflection of Williams telling Altman "no". Williams dad said that the public wouldn't know till Saturday, but they would likely let the schools know earlier.

As others have said, it sounds like if it was up to BWill's dad, he would definitely be a Zag.

DZ
05-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Has Oregon put more guys in the NBA or on All-American teams in the last 5-6 years than our "halfway decent" players?

And it really takes some brass to talk about our schedule when they played in the PK80 as their best OOC schedule and went 1-2 (beating DePaul) and played in a very down Pac 12 year, winning at the UW by 8, or about 20 less than we did.

Zagceo
05-03-2018, 10:44 AM
The article didn't give much away, but considering BWill's dad was talking to a Duck writer, he didn't paint a more positive picture for Oregon when compared to the other two schools. Also talked about wanting to feel good about what each school offers in 2019 too. BWill's dad mentioned that Brandon would need 2-3 years of school before the NBA draft, so that is different than what I have heard before of 1-2 years...so 2020 outlook may be a consideration too.

He did say that a decision would likely be made yesterday or today (not sure when the actual interview took place, but it sounds like before yesterday)...so that offer extended by Oregon for a 2019 guard may indeed be a reflection of Williams telling Altman "no". Williams dad said that the public wouldn't know till Saturday, but they would likely let the schools know earlier.

As others have said, it sounds like if it was up to BWill's dad, he would definitely be a Zag.

Thanks....good info

thebigsmoove
05-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Where are you seeing this?

In the link that Zags Fanatic posted:

"Finally, I asked him what school he was going to pick. He said that he really doesn't know what school he's going to pick. He did say that his parents might want him to go to a certain school, but in the end he's going to pick the school that he wants to go to."

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 10:47 AM

Here's the thread that coincides with the article:

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/102735/Contents/Father-of-five-star-Brandon-Williams-previews-Saturday-commitment-117940409

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Ok thanks, but there's nothing in that quote that says that they're different schools.

SanDiegoZag
05-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Yeah, that doesn't infer that BWill has a different top school than his parents do. It just means that his parents have a top school - likely Gonzaga, and BWill himself is torn between two or three of them. That being said, he may have already notified all three schools which one he will be selecting on Saturday.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Noted.

You're a Bronco fan too? Sweet! We should have a very good team this year ooc vs Troy, Okie Light, BYU and UConn.

maynard g krebs
05-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Every fan base has its idiots. That's not really a representative post. This guy is clearly a football fan and not a basketball guy, hence the comp to Boise fb.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that doesn't infer that BWill has a different top school than his parents do. It just means that his parents have a top school - likely Gonzaga, and BWill himself is torn between two or three of them. That being said, he may have already notified all three schools which one he will be selecting on Saturday.

Right. Basically what he was saying that mom and dad have their top pick, but ultimately it's his decision, but nowhere does it say that they're different schools, it's not even implied. People are reading waaay to much into everything. Saturday can't come soon enough.

maynard g krebs
05-03-2018, 10:53 AM
And it's Fews alma mater. What's funny is that in cfb I'm a diehard Boise State fan, like the zags I travel all over the country to watch them play and we're 3-0 vs them in football including the Vegas Bowl butt whipping this past season, but that doesn't stop them from still talking smack.

Congrats on winning the Vegas Bowl. That was a big accomplishment for Boise.

maynard g krebs
05-03-2018, 10:59 AM

I don't pay for football recruiting scoops. Wouldn't even if I could afford to. Better ways to use money.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Congrats on winning the Vegas Bowl. That was a big accomplishment for Boise.

Anytime they can beat a PAc12 foe, it's a good day.

zagsfanforlife
05-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Here's the thread that coincides with the article:

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Board/102735/Contents/Father-of-five-star-Brandon-Williams-previews-Saturday-commitment-117940409

Do we think its a sign at all that Brandon's father spoke to an Oregon guy and not GU or AZ previewing his Saturday decision?

Zagceo
05-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Do we think its a sign at all that Brandon's father spoke to an Oregon guy and not GU or AZ previewing his Saturday decision?

No..just like I see no sign because Zags got the last visit

thebigsmoove
05-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Right. Basically what he was saying that mom and dad have their top pick, but ultimately it's his decision, but nowhere does it say that they're different schools, it's not even implied. People are reading waaay to much into everything. Saturday can't come soon enough.

Who said it was different schools? I sure didnt. Perhaps you are reading waaayy too much into what people are saying.

raise the zag
05-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Who said it was different schools? I sure didnt. Perhaps you are reading waaayy too much into what people are saying.

This.

I often put "IMO", "IMHO", or "JMO" at the end of every post with only Spy in mind.

True story.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 11:25 AM

Goshzagit, post #421;

Arizona (by a hair)
Gonzaga
then, Oregon.

JMO.

Didn't mean to imply you. Sorry

Zagceo
05-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Social media and media in general has fans blowing with the wind with minute by minute coverage of some 18 year old making a college decision....granted millions of dollars could be at stake IF all the hype is correct...still its all just tea leaves.

I'm pulling for Donny....Should I make a sign....THANKS DONNY! or CONGRATS DONNY! and bring it to the game?

thebigsmoove
05-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Goshzagit, post #421;

Arizona (by a hair)
Gonzaga
then, Oregon.

JMO.

I dont see anywhere in that post where hes says "They're different schools" either. Who says his parents choice isnt Arizona? I think you are jumping to conclusions and then accusing others of doing the same, calm down, enjoy the process. We will all know who Brandon wants to play for soon enough. IMO.

raise the zag
05-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Goshzagit, post #421;

Arizona (by a hair)
Gonzaga
then, Oregon.

JMO.

This is beside the point, yet still don't see where he/she is staying TWO different schools.

That was Brandon Williams quote not Goshzagit.

Simply stating he is making his own decision even though his parents are already leaning toward a particular school.

Gosh then shares his opinion on where BWill could end up.

It's not one or the other, rather they could or could not be the same school.

Interesting your claim everyone is reading wayyy too much into Brandon's quote, when that is precisely what you do with every post on this board.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 11:41 AM
I dont see anywhere in that post where hes says "They're different schools" either. Who says his parents choice isnt Arizona? I think you are jumping to conclusions and then accusing others of doing the same, calm down, enjoy the process. We will all know who Brandon wants to play for soon enough. IMO.

Ugh, the bolded is Goshzagits post in this thread, post #421. He (Goshzagit) somehow took BWills comments to mean that the parents want GU, but BWill will choose Zona.

thebigsmoove
05-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Ugh, the bolded is Goshzagits post in this thread, post #421. He (Goshzagit) somehow took BWills comments to mean that the parents want GU, but BWill will choose Zona.

Disagree. IMO. LMAO.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 11:42 AM
This is beside the point, yet still don't see where he/she is staying TWO different schools.

That was Brandon Williams quote not Goshzagit.

Simply stating he is making his own decision even though his parents are already leaning toward a particular school.

Gosh then shares his opinion on where BWill could end up.

It's not one or the other, rather they could or could not be the same school.

Interesting your claim everyone is reading wayyy too much into Brandon's quote, when that is precisely what you do with every post on this board.

What??? Goshzagit wrote that in post 421. I literally copied, pasted and bolded his post.

thebigsmoove
05-03-2018, 11:49 AM
:horse:

sittingon50
05-03-2018, 12:07 PM

Zaga showing his age!

:lmao:

sittingon50
05-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Better pad over here too................

Zaga
05-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Better pad over here too................

Some posters are more "Fickle" than others! :p

zagdontzig
05-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Some posters are more "Fickle" than others! :p

I feel like sometimes this board needs a reminder that we’re all passionate Zags fans and all pulling for the same tribe.

webspinnre
05-03-2018, 02:06 PM
I feel like sometimes this board needs a reminder that we’re all passionate Zags fans and all pulling for the same tribe.

But it's the offseason! If we didn't fight, what else would we do?! ;)

zagsfanforlife
05-03-2018, 02:34 PM
He just posted a picture of a cat.... should we be worried?

tinfoilzag
05-03-2018, 02:38 PM

Is it wild or domesticated?

Zag_Dad
05-03-2018, 02:40 PM

Wow .. was hoping you were kidding. Crazy how the littlest thing can get people (myself included) all wound up. He did indeed tweet emoji of a cat. No comment. No explanation... nothing but a cat emoji.

Ugg... what could it mean?

edit: on a more positive note. Killian Tillie just started following Brandon on Instagram. That has to be good news!

Bulldoginseattle
05-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Wow .. was hoping you were kidding. Crazy how the littlest thing can get people (myself included) all wound up. He did indeed tweet emoji of a cat. No comment. No explanation... nothing but a cat emoji.

Ugg... what could it mean?

edit: on a more positive note. Killian Tillie just started following Brandon on Instagram. That has to be good news!

And the tweet has been deleted! As a note, I saw it when this was first posted, double checked and it was gone.

If I was him, I'd be having nothing but fun with people now that he knows the hype a tweet or two can cause.

DZ
05-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Ugg... what could it mean?!

It means it is time to stop checking his stuff until Saturday, or just looking here for the announcement.

Sounds to me like someone rather enjoying having so many people hanging on the edge, and no intention of saying anything definitive until Saturday.

We'd do ourselves and him a favor by probably ignoring everything until an official announcement is made. If he posts a dog of some kind in another hour, it'll prove my point.

sittingon50
05-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Based on what politicians generally say, it can ONLY mean that someone hijacked his account!

JPtheBeasta
05-03-2018, 03:33 PM

Zag food.

Zag_Dad
05-03-2018, 04:12 PM
And the tweet has been deleted!.

But Tillie is still following his Instagram account. That must be good. :)

��

EEzag
05-03-2018, 06:41 PM
But Tillie is still following his Instagram account. That must be good. :)

��

I'll feel better if he tweets a duck tomorrow and a bulldog at 330 on Saturday

sittingon50
05-03-2018, 07:29 PM
330 on Saturday

Anybody know when post time is for the Kentucky Derby?

:rolleyes:

raise the zag
05-03-2018, 07:46 PM
I feel if Brandon Williams hadn't already committed to Arizona once, assuming all things equal and starting from scratch...he'd be a Zag. IF he would have visited us from the get-go the first time around.

However, Coach Sean Miller and him have a long-standing relationship. He has referred to Arizona as "family" in interviews. He has said numerous times, Arizona was his favorite school growing up, followed them closely as a child, and dreamed of playing for them.

This is bigger than the investigation. Bigger than us. He is a fan, and always has been. Arizona shorts, shirts, etc as a kid.

Think about your favorite teams growing up. The apparel you wore, the posters you hung, the games you watched as a teenager. Even if you don't follow said team now, think about being offered to play for your favorite team growing up? As a teenager.

That is Arizona for Brandon.

I do feel Gonzaga won the recruiting 'battle' for Brandon and his family; however, childhood dreams being achieved are an impossible feat.

I fully expect him to re-commit to Arizona on Saturday. But we stole a piece, nearly got him, and his family fully chose Gonzaga for him, just like they chose his current HS.

But as Brandon poignantly stated, "this will be my decision".

Zag_Dad
05-03-2018, 08:20 PM
I feel if Brandon Williams hadn't already committed to Arizona once, assuming all things equal and starting from scratch...he'd be a Zag. IF he would have visited us from the get-go the first time around.

However, Coach Sean Miller and him have a long-standing relationship. He has referred to Arizona as "family" in interviews. He has said numerous times, Arizona was his favorite school growing up, followed them closely as a child, and dreamed of playing for them.

This is bigger than the investigation. Bigger than us. He is a fan, and always has been. Arizona shorts, shirts, etc as a kid.

Think about your favorite teams growing up. The apparel you wore, the posters you hung, the games you watched as a teenager. Even if you don't follow said team now, think about being offered to play for your favorite team growing up? As a teenager.

I do feel Gonzaga won the recruiting 'battle' for Brandon and his family; however, childhood dreams being achieved are an impossible feat.

I fully expect him to re-commit to Arizona on Saturday. But we stole a piece, nearly got him, and his family fully chose Gonzaga for him, just like they chose his current HS.

I hope you’re wrong.

Zagger
05-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Saturday :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmF6vmUVSsc

raise the zag
05-03-2018, 08:54 PM
I hope you’re wrong.

ditto.

trust me, I will be over the moon if he chooses us.

I should point out, I have no inside info whatsoever, simply a hunch he will re-commit to Arizona.

Zagceo
05-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Maybe.....but that would make this one big dog and pony show just for his parents.

Would you wanna play for your favorite team with FBI/NCAA investigations hanging over your college career?

Iím giving Brandon more credit for rejecting AZ his childhood favorite team because they got caught breaking the rules.

TexasZagFan
05-04-2018, 02:40 AM
Maybe.....but that would make this one big dog and pony show just for his parents.

Would you wanna play for your favorite team with FBI/NCAA investigations hanging over your college career?

I’m giving Brandon more credit for rejecting AZ his childhood favorite team because they got caught breaking the rules.

The question he has to be pondering is, "what has changed with Arizona's situation since he decommitted?"

If he's comfortable that no additional shoes will drop from the ongoing investigation, then he'll likely stay with Arizona.

DZ
05-04-2018, 05:08 AM
The question he has to be pondering is, "what has changed with Arizona's situation since he decommitted?"

If he's comfortable that no additional shoes will drop from the ongoing investigation, then he'll likely stay with Arizona.

A better question might be what hasn't changed. The fall-out, the punishment handed down by the NCAA or self-imposed by Arizona, has not been announced, and could still theoretically result in sanctions, keeping them out of tournaments, etc.

There may not be any sanctions. I know that. We're talking Arizona, not Pacific. But, that question is still out there and has caused enough consternation with the program that basically no one from last year will be back next year.

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 05:44 AM
A better question might be what hasn't changed. The fall-out, the punishment handed down by the NCAA or self-imposed by Arizona, has not been announced, and could still theoretically result in sanctions, keeping them out of tournaments, etc.

There may not be any sanctions. I know that. We're talking Arizona, not Pacific. But, that question is still out there and has caused enough consternation with the program that basically no one from last year will be back next year.

And I wouldnít buy this argument if it was *just* the NCAA to rule on this. But itís the FBI. And I trust the person on this forum who has clarified how the FBI does business, with regard to innocence and potential guilt during an investigation.

Not to mention the fact that Zona also doesnít truly know, themselves, and believe that there is a likelihood that Sean is lying like a champ. Otherwise, you wouldnít have the recent contract addendum.

Now...a recruit, or even a parent for that matter, might not be thinking that deep. But things being unsettled, despite assurances, might be enough to scare someone away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MontanaCoyote
05-04-2018, 06:05 AM
One way or another it will be nice when this speculation game is over.

PS. Situation with Cremo?

raise the zag
05-04-2018, 06:10 AM
PS. Situation with Cremo?

Cremo visiting Villanova this wkend. Visited Kansas on Weds.

Both have offered him.

Already visited Creighton and Texas.

No other visits set up at the moment.

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Cremo visiting Villanova this wkend. Visited Kansas on Weds.

Both have offered him.

Already visited Creighton and Texas.

No other visits set up at the moment.

Cremo w offers in hand from Villanova and Kansas + visiting both this week = it’s either B Williams or nada for Zags in terms of shoring up the PG spot for nextvyear’s squad. Zags went all in on recruiting B Williams... no time for Cremo? Guess choices had to be made but I sure wish we had gotten Cremo to visit.

jazzdelmar
05-04-2018, 06:56 AM
No way there isn't a Plan B to get a PG for next year, especially given JP's iffy status. If BW is a no, the search goes on.

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2018, 07:40 AM
No way there isn't a Plan B to get a PG for next year, especially given JP's iffy status. If BW is a no, the search goes on.

Or.......they already know he's a yes and are just waiting for him to make it official tomorrow.:pray:

cggonzaga
05-04-2018, 08:02 AM
Cremo w offers in hand from Villanova and Kansas + visiting both this week = it’s either B Williams or nada for Zags in terms of shoring up the PG spot for nextvyear’s squad. Zags went all in on recruiting B Williams... no time for Cremo? Guess choices had to be made but I sure wish we had gotten Cremo to visit.

Still has a visit left. I think he’s still plan b and will commit if BWill doesn’t.

jazzdelmar
05-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Still has a visit left. I think he’s still plan b and will commit if BWill doesn’t.

You think he picks GU over a Dante-less Nova? Would you? He's an east coast kid, as well.

Zagceo
05-04-2018, 08:17 AM
You think he picks GU over a Dante-less Nova? Would you? He's an east coast kid, as well.

why hasn't he already signed w Nova?

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Love your optimism but sounds like you’re saying Zags can pull a Duke/Kentucky move (on Kansas/Villanova no less) by just swooping in late and sweeping him off his feet to come play in Spokane regardless of all previous recruiting efforts to date by other schools. Wish I was in WA partaking of the same recreational smoking options you must be enjoying right now if you think Zags are gonna out recruit Kansas and Villanova on Cremo at this late stage.

strikenowhere
05-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Love your optimism but sounds like you’re saying Zags can pull a Duke/Kentucky move (on Kansas/Villanova no less) by just swooping in late and sweeping him off his feet to come play in Spokane regardless of all previous recruiting efforts to date by other schools. Wish I was in WA partaking of the same recreational smoking options you must be enjoying right now if you think Zags are gonna out recruit Kansas and Villanova on Cremo at this late stage.

Yeah this whole thought line about Cremo seemed to be the tiniest of stretches....

ZagsObserver
05-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Yep. Still wished gu had gotten Will Richardson

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2018, 09:15 AM

The # 6 pg in the entire nation already signed with them. Ironically, he's exactly one spot ahead of BWill.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighScho ol&Position=PG

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2018, 09:23 AM

if BWill signs with Oregon so will Will Richardson. lol

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 09:40 AM

Over Brandon Williams? Really?

ZagMan in Philly
05-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Interesting enough both Zags and Arizona may play against each other in Maui in November.

ZagsObserver
05-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Over Brandon Williams? Really?

No. But GU would have another option at point, albeit a green one. Foster doesn’t provide that, unfortunately.

That makes the bwil recruitment more essential.

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 10:22 AM
No. But GU would have another option at point, albeit a green one. Foster doesn’t provide that, unfortunately.

That makes the bwil recruitment more essential.

I'm not really a Will Richardson fan, so I am okay with all or nothing from a recruit perspective. I'd take a patchwork year of a Cremo-type over 4 years of Richardson. Not impressed. But I do get what you are saying.

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2018, 11:14 AM
This was just posted by the Arizona insider:

Honestly it's sounding like it's a 2 horse race and we're not one of the horses.

Some there are speculating that his parents want him to come to GU, but he's leaning Oregon, but the Arizona board is now pretty much resolved that it's us or Oregon. We;ll find out tomorrow.

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3602&start=2450

zagsfanforlife
05-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Whoever it is, i am putting some mooolah on them winning the NC. Zags with BW gotta be near the favorites. Oregon with him, that class, a few returners... top 10 team right out of the gate and better odds to play than GU. Hope its us!!!!

raise the zag
05-04-2018, 11:36 AM
The only thing we do know, confirmed by at least (4) sources, across multiple schools, is that Brandon's parents are all-in on wanting Gonzaga.

This much has leaked.

But what does Brandon want?

In a video interview today, Williams talked about multiple meetings, more than expected, have been needed with his parents to come to decision.

As if today, he said he still has yet to officially decide.

Interesting.

strikenowhere
05-04-2018, 11:42 AM
The only thing we do know, confirmed by at least (4) sources, across multiple schools, is that Brandon's parents are all-in on wanting Gonzaga.

This much has leaked.

But what does Brandon want?

In a video interview today, Williams talked about multiple meetings, more than expected, have been needed with his parents to come to decision.

As if today, he said he still has yet to officially decide.

Interesting.

Got links to any of these four sources you mention?

raise the zag
05-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Got links to any of these four sources you mention?

Um, click on the Arizona and Oregon links. They have BOTH interviewed him in the past 2 days, in addition to mentioning other sources/quotes. Oregon also interviewed Brandon Williams' Dad yesterday. Not to mention, several posters mentioning it here.

3 schools, at least 4 mentions saying the same thing.

I would gladly repost these links for your convenience, yet they can be found within this thread and I'm posting from my phone.

I have been following along and paying attn just like everyone else.

Have stated countless times no inside info besides reading VIP articles, message boards, and basketball recruiting sites, interviews, videos, etc

strikenowhere
05-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Um, click on the Arizona and Oregon links. They have BOTH interviewed him in the past 2 days, in addition to mentioning other sources/quotes. Oregon also interviewed Brandon Williams' Dad yesterday. Not to mention, several posters mentioning it here.

3 schools, at least 4 mentions saying the same thing.

I would gladly repost these links for your convenience, yet they can be found within this thread and I'm posting from my phone.

I have been following along and paying attn just like everyone else.

Have stated countless times no inside info besides reading VIP articles, message boards, and basketball recruiting sites, interviews, videos, etc

My bad - I didn't realize you were referring back to the message boards

ZagNative
05-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Has this video (posted to Youtube today) been posted here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=IqUJTPVHWL4

jchocolate99
05-04-2018, 12:05 PM
meh... would be nice to have his talents on next years team but I'm starting to grow tired of this recruiting of him. We're projected to be a top 10 team without him so zagnation will go on without him. At least with recruiting Perkins you felt there was mutual interest... With Brandon Williams feels like we have a better chance to recruit his father. Let him go to Oregon I'm over it... With Ravet and Harris coming down the pipeline I'm not worried. Just need Ayayi or Wade to step up to give Perkins rest or else we'll have to lean heavy on Norvell for that relief

Coach Crazy
05-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Has this video (posted to Youtube today) been posted here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=66&v=IqUJTPVHWL4

He knows where he's going.